Life is Strange sequel confirmed

Comments

• Now that's more like it. Max and Chloe are actually smiling and expressing more emotion than they did in the original.

There is this though.

• That's really cool. Too bad you couldn't go, but at least yo uwere invited so that's something. :D

I was signed up to the SE mail list since before LIS was announced and im a uk citizen. I guess it was a focus group, I've always wanted to

• I think it'd be fun to talk about what kind of new power we'd like to see and to speculate. The youtuber A GIRL AND A GAME (Definitely check her out. She's amazing) said that she'd like to see Mind Reading and I think that sounds pretty cool.

What new Power Would You Like to See in the LIS sequel?

I had my own idea that rather than time travel you could get glimpses into the VERY near future (like 30 seconds forward.) I imagine you activate it and you see events occur around you and you try to prevent them from happening or you see a character reacting badly and so you try to avoid that happening. I'll give an example to explain it better. Imagine if Max had it in LIS S1. Remember in episode 1 when you can find Dana's pregnancy test? Imagine using that power before finding it, you see Dana get angry and say "You're not helpful. You're just nosy. I think you'd better go" You don't know why she says this at the time or what causes her to react that way but you know you want to try and avoid her saying it and you get no do-over! :P

• That sounds nice! It would give more impact to the choices because once you make them, there's no going back. It would be cool if the visions are tricky, you think you see something but actually it was completly different and you have to live with the consequences, and with time you learn to see the past and a further future and stuff. Plus it could go like that alien movie The Arrival. I loved the concept of the future altering the past... as long as you can see the future, of course.

In a side note, I thought that since Max can alter time, it would be cool to alter space, Bioshock Infinite style. Teleporting yourself and other stuff and traveling through timelines, causing hallucinations in others or seeing stuff that H appends far away... just like Max can jump back with photographs, thing would work the same, just that instead kf going to the same moment and place, you just go to the same place. Kinda like that.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think it'd be fun to talk about what kind of new power we'd like to see and to speculate. The youtuber A GIRL AND A GAME (Definitely check

• Of course! It's fanmade, fans don't get money do they put actual effort.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Now that's more like it. Max and Chloe are actually smiling and expressing more emotion than they did in the original.

• You know one thing that always bothered me about the tornado well after I completed was random choice of target and purpose. Like, why was it so hellbent on killing Chloe, why did the whole town have to suffer, and (come to think of it) why is the other girl off the hook when it comes with death? You (while determined) prevented her death as well. The ONE thing that kinda made me not "love" it was the questions that I hope get answers.

I have to agree. The whole mystery was what I really cared about. Whenever stuff about the tornado happened I was like "Yeah okay, let's wrap this up and get to the Rachel stuff..."

• I kinda liked that ONE theory that Rachel was a time traveler like Max but got stuck in a loop. But they didn't. Oh well...

THIS. the tornado should have been scrapped in favor of the Rachel Amber mystery!

• I believe the thing is that Chloe wasn't destined to die but she did die so when Max saved her the universe/timeline was trying to fix itself. Max keeps on changing things and the universe gets mad and tries to destroy the game board.

MatthewPaul posted: »

You know one thing that always bothered me about the tornado well after I completed was random choice of target and purpose. Like, why was i

• Which does kinda beg the question on how is this universe ran. Like who runs shit behind the scenes.

I believe the thing is that Chloe wasn't destined to die but she did die so when Max saved her the universe/timeline was trying to fix itself. Max keeps on changing things and the universe gets mad and tries to destroy the game board.

• Great idea but you know what I would like them to add? How about a choice in character? You know how in Minecraft SM they had that feature where you can chose Jesse's gender and skin color? I would like to see that in the next one. It doesn't have to be a character creator or anything but it would be great to play a story that I'm staring in. They could even use gender fluid name like Max or Jesse. Know what I mean?

I think it'd be fun to talk about what kind of new power we'd like to see and to speculate. The youtuber A GIRL AND A GAME (Definitely check

• You're overthinking it. There's no mastermind. It isn't a living entity.

Which does kinda beg the question on how is this universe ran. Like who runs shit behind the scenes.

• I wouldn't be against it. It's a nice thing to have but not necessary.

Great idea but you know what I would like them to add? How about a choice in character? You know how in Minecraft SM they had that feature w

• edited May 2017

Well something gave Max her power.

You're overthinking it. There's no mastermind. It isn't a living entity.

• edited May 2017

Well not a lot of episodic games really do that so it'd be a nice change.

I wouldn't be against it. It's a nice thing to have but not necessary.

• I don't think the character choice should be here. Well, it's only my opinion because I get bored doing such things, I prefer go straight to the gaming)

Great idea but you know what I would like them to add? How about a choice in character? You know how in Minecraft SM they had that feature w

• So the game is most likely going to have a new cast of characters but I have noticed the question of a new power I always thought it would be one that you could keep a secret like max had the time travel and no one else really had to know about it. I think that in the LIS universe a select amount of people got these powers for on special reason to save thier hometown from something. What I think would be cool if Max made some kind of cameo appearance not for long though kind of like Jesus in ANF.

• I'm not gonna buy it as I was indifferent towards the first game, but I hope you guys like it.

• Not really into it. I'd rather keep a more "canon" character.

• edited May 2017

Just saying I wouldn't say no. It's a nice thought though

Not really into it. I'd rather keep a more "canon" character.

• Cool game!

• I hope they stick with the teenage/young adult vibe. Maybe a high school somewhere else in the US.

• edited June 2017

Oh my fucking God look at what i found!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/6ekaan/ep5_spoilers_a_prequel_about_rachel_and_chloe_is/

(Thanks to @o0HeaDShoT0o)

I'M DYING!!!

Ok I don't know if this is real or not but if it IS real OMG IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!

It's a pity that this will ruin the fanfiction I've been working on for months that feautures Rachel as a bitch and stuff but who cares!? I hope my readers don't care. And I hope it turns out the way I'm writting it. It won't but who cares?

I FUCKING KNEW RACHEL WAS A TIME TRAVELER

OR MAYBE SHE JUMPS THOUGH DIFFERENT UNIVERSES!?!

THAT'S WHAT THE HOLE TO ANOTHER UNIVERSE GRAFFITI MEANS!??!

OMGOMGOMGOMG

THAT MEANS SHE COULD STILL BE ALIVE!??!

OH GOD I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK

YOU RUINED MY FANFICTION DONTNOD BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!!

• Ok so aparently someone else is making the prequel and we're getting THE PREQUEL AND THE SEQUEL I'M SO HAPPY!!

• That's what I've heard to. A company that's called "Deck Nine" I believe.

Ok so aparently someone else is making the prequel and we're getting THE PREQUEL AND THE SEQUEL I'M SO HAPPY!!

• Do you have any idea if they make videogames for all consoles? I heard there was something to do with Sony and Play Station but I'm not sure.

That's what I've heard to. A company that's called "Deck Nine" I believe.

• Honestly, I have never even heard of this "Deck Nine." But then again, I never heard of Dontnod before Life is Strange. So, if Deck Nine really is making the prequel, I hope that they can make it as good as the first game was that Dontnod did. And they make it for consoles.

Do you have any idea if they make videogames for all consoles? I heard there was something to do with Sony and Play Station but I'm not sure.

• Oh, okay. Thanks.

Honestly, I have never even heard of this "Deck Nine." But then again, I never heard of Dontnod before Life is Strange. So, if Deck Nine rea

• Wowser. Didn't see this coming.

• The idea of a prequel is great but if Chloe or Rachel get the powers it's going to fuck up the storyline quite a lot.

• Maybe.

RIP the consistence in my fanfiction.

The idea of a prequel is great but if Chloe or Rachel get the powers it's going to fuck up the storyline quite a lot.

• edited June 2017

I like the idea that the power somehow transferred to Max when Rachel died.

The idea of a prequel is great but if Chloe or Rachel get the powers it's going to fuck up the storyline quite a lot.

• PSA: If you see anyone who unironically writes Life is Strange fan fiction, do the world a favor, take em out back, watch the sunset together and just shoot them in the back of the head.

(i'm kidding people should have the creative freedom to create whatever they please and let their artistic freedom soar so that one day we can have another brilliant mind working hard to make art for our dying world)

Maybe. RIP the consistence in my fanfiction.

• edited June 2017

Interesting... Not sure how Rachel can have the powers without Chloe noticing, as that would make a inconsistency in the story, but if this is true.. We'll see.
    (because let's face it the game would be a bit more boring without those superpowers.)

Edit: using my phone... Autocorrect is evil.

Oh my fucking God look at what i found! https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/6ekaan/ep5_spoilers_a_prequel_about_rachel_and_ch

• I just had a heart attack.

Oh my fucking God look at what i found! https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/6ekaan/ep5_spoilers_a_prequel_about_rachel_and_ch

• It's a prequel. And you play as Chloe.

No buy for me.

• Getting to play as chloe will be cool imo. Worth a buy from me. Hopefully the prequel will be for consoles.

• I think we will play as Rachel, considering the leaks.

Gary-Oak posted: »

It's a prequel. And you play as Chloe. No buy for me.

• I'm having a little trouble shooting myself in the back of the head with my 80 pages of OC's development and universe expanding and the 100 years of story that this story has. Any sugestion?

yes i'm pretentious suxk it

PSA: If you see anyone who unironically writes Life is Strange fan fiction, do the world a favor, take em out back, watch the sunset togethe

• lol heres a sugeston y dont u kill urself looser xd

Jokin of course, I greatly support fanfiction writers, the world could always use more creativity. I was pretty much just kidding around about the PSA thing.

I'm having a little trouble shooting myself in the back of the head with my 80 pages of OC's development and universe expanding and the 100 years of story that this story has. Any sugestion? yes i'm pretentious suxk it

• Chloe's still in the game so it's just as bad.

I think we will play as Rachel, considering the leaks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.