Who said what!? [Forum Game]

Mod edit: Within a reasonable extent for Walking Dead, please try to keep quotes Safe For Work and avoid things such as excessively sexual quotes from particular characters.

Let us engage in a little game to see how well you know these survivor characters? Shall we?

P.S. I had wanted to start this deal awhile before the bad shift in to the current forum format. Due to the way responses to other's comments can look more confusing than they use to, if you know what I mean. Maybe this could be what they call "fun" anyway.

For the Comics & Video Games.

Character thinkers- Try to think of any character from the video game/comic that utters a line you believe most will have a tough time guessing. If someone else can guess your character in the first try then you must say what you disliked most about that character in that episode/issue and then like their reply. If they get it wrong then you must say what you LIKED about the character they guessed wrongly.

Character guessers- Try to nail the character in the one guess by saying the name of the character and episode/issue that you believe it is from. Otherwise you must like the character thinkers comment and let someone else give it a go AFTER saying why you thought that character was the best correct guess.

All Walking Dead quotes are now fair game. Games, comics, TV-shows, and etc.

Try not to cheat if your a guesser by browsing YouTube play-throughs or conducting your own play-throughs and skimming comic pages to find out the lines..

Any improvement suggestions to make the game more challenging would be welcomed. If two minds are better than one then imagine dozens of minds.

Comments

• Easy Sample..

Ex. Thinker= "Does that offer apply to the rest of us.

Guesser= Lee Everett to Brenda St. John in Season 1 episode.2. Starved For Help.

Thinker= Yes that is right. You sir deserve a like from me and I did not like the fact that Lee can have the option of shooting Jolene in the face.

Guesser= Cool. I don't feel the need to give you a like since I got it right so easily but Ya know I'd like to have explored what Lee's wife and personal life was like before the apocalypse began.

• Good thinking posting an example because the instruction are really wordy.

Anyway, I suppose I'll take a crack at igniting this firework.

"I got the feeling she takes care of you."

• edited January 2018

I'm guessing it's from season 1, It's about Clementine. Aannnnnd... If I had to choose from either Kenny, Charles, Omid or Christa, I would pick her. Am I anywhere in the ballpark?

Edit: Ouch... Well, I thought it would've been her because of her off screen conversation with Clementine at the train hub. One point to Slytherin

DabigRG posted: »

Good thinking posting an example because the instruction are really wordy. Anyway, I suppose I'll take a crack at igniting this firework. "I got the feeling she takes care of you."

• That is a good toughy. Definitely sounds like an adult female character with a bit of attitude and sounds like a season one line so umm.. My best guess would have to probably be....

Christa to Lee from "Long Road Ahead"? Do I win this one?

Good thinking posting an example because the instruction are really wordy. Anyway, I suppose I'll take a crack at igniting this firework. "I got the feeling she takes care of you."

• edited January 2018

Ladariel posted: »

Easy Sample.. Ex. Thinker= "Does that offer apply to the rest of us. Guesser= Lee Everett to Brenda St. John in Season 1 episode.2. St

• "You think we hide behind walls to protect us from the walking dead?! Don't you get it?! We are The Walking Dead!"

• @Ladariel
    That is a good toughy. Definitely sounds like an adult female character with a bit of attitude and sounds like a season one line so umm.. My best guess would have to probably be....

Christa to Lee from "Long Road Ahead"? Do I win this one?

Nope to both.

I liked how Christa gives Lee hekpful advice about how to go about exploring and interacting with Clementine to take care of.

I'm guessing it's from season 1, It's about Clementine. Aannnnnd... If I had to choose from either Kenny, Charles, Omid or Christa, I would

• Ooh yeah sounds like a comic book line. Which is even more challenging. So I am going with Mr. Rick Grimes to his group in volume 5 called "The Best Defense"?

"You think we hide behind walls to protect us from the walking dead?! Don't you get it?! We are The Walking Dead!"

• edited January 2018

Yeah I thought Christa fit the bill the most because she comes off as sarcastic mixed with a bit of no nonsense towards Lee when the two initially met and her personality seems to also contrast Omid who is often always nonsense in a lighthearted way. But you know what they say "opposites attract" I guess. Good mystery, though someone ought to crack it eventually.

@Ladariel That is a good toughy. Definitely sounds like an adult female character with a bit of attitude and sounds like a season one li

• (Surprisingly, you were very close.)
    What I like about Rick is his willingness to go toe to toe with someone who clearly has the advantage. And his son came out to be the same way.

Ooh yeah sounds like a comic book line. Which is even more challenging. So I am going with Mr. Rick Grimes to his group in volume 5 called "The Best Defense"?

• I honestly felt Rick was surely it because of his famous_ We are the walking dead_ speech at the prison after I think he might of killed one of those bad inmates to protect his family. Someone else might get it though.

(Surprisingly, you were very close.) What I like about Rick is his willingness to go toe to toe with someone who clearly has the advantage. And his son came out to be the same way.

• Lee to Omid in Long Road Ahead.

• Third times the charm, baby--Correct! :smiley:

I didn't really like how Christa acted after Lee and Clementine deal with the walkers in the Station House. Like, I definitely get her point, but oddly enough, it was the seeming lack of concern in favor of being somewhat dismissive about their ability to effectively handle those type of situations. Yes, Lee and Clementine aren't the stars of Dad of War, but show some friggin emotion about the fact that that could've ended very badly.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Lee to Omid in Long Road Ahead.

• edited January 2018

Yay! :blush: I am actually kinda surprised no one guessed this quote.

I agree so much with this!

Third times the charm, baby--Correct! I didn't really like how Christa acted after Lee and Clementine deal with the walkers in the Stati

• edited January 2018

This one shouldn't be as confusing.

"You ever hear about the stupid fuck named Rick who fucking thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got himself fucking killed? It was about you. You got that, right?"

• That's Negan. Either from March to War or All Out War Part 1.

This one shouldn't be as confusing. "You ever hear about the stupid fuck named Rick who fucking thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got himself fucking killed? It was about you. You got that, right?"

• edited January 2018

Well, I'm not sure how the rules are for giving a varied answer...
    Ref! (. @Ladariel ) What do you call this?

Edit: Ding ding ding! The new rules say you are winner.

What I don't like about Negan is that he puts too many swear words into his phrases. They ruin his otherwise very imaginative hyperbole. :D

Malachite posted: »

That's Negan. Either from March to War or All Out War Part 1.

• While the winner is being determined for the last one, here's another one

"I just pulled the trigger too fast... faster than her. Supposed to be at the same time. We were going to be together forever."

• Chris (Julie's boyfriend, not the cannibal) from Safety Behind Bars, after the suicide pact went wrong. I believe those are his final words, actually.

While the winner is being determined for the last one, here's another one "I just pulled the trigger too fast... faster than her. Supposed to be at the same time. We were going to be together forever."

• Nice! What I hate about him is that he's a total wuss. Not very helpful to the team. Tries to take the easy way out. He was never meant to live in a world like that.
    (I probably wouldn't have been able to say anything nice about him, so you just saved my ass ?)

Chris (Julie's boyfriend, not the cannibal) from Safety Behind Bars, after the suicide pact went wrong. I believe those are his final words, actually.

• edited January 2018

Here's a tougher one for you, @Malachite.

"My hands... Jeez. And I lost a damn shoe. Crap"

• edited January 2018

"BOOOOOOP" :)

• "If I were attacking you-- I'd be holding the gun like this."

• Well ya know I think for comic book answers since the volumes triple possibly even quadruple the content of that of the video games then the answers can be slightly varied but cannot be off by no more than 2 volumes. If someone has the right name of the characters and situation but are off by like the previous or next volume because they haven't read the comic in so long then I feel it's fair to give a little grace in winning that particular guess. Video games can be stricter since it is a bit easier and likely everyone here plays the games more than reads the comic. I might edit this extra bit of information into the rules for the comic guesses.

But basically if the person has the right name first and maybe off by one volume or two at the max no more than two volumes then they should be given the credit for their efforts.

Example= Thinker knows the answer is from the first volume Days Gone Bye

The Guesser= Claims to think the right answer is from the third volume "Safety Behind Bars".

and they say as example perhaps (Glen Rhee to Rick Grimes) from Safety Behind Bars or maybe said Glen Rhee to Rick Grimes from the second volume "Miles Behind Us". Since the guesser might not have gone over so much content in so long it is fair to give some leniency for the answer being only a couple volumes off.

So that creates a 2 volume margin for error, but the name of the mystery character has to be correct and there is no varied answer for getting the name right.. but far as when the line took place in the comic it can have a little more space for error since its not as major as getting the character name right.

Does that make sense?

Well, I'm not sure how the rules are for giving a varied answer... Ref! (. @Ladariel ) What do you call this? Edit: Ding ding ding! The

• Good thread idea. Really hard to follow with this new forum style though. Really miss threaded.

• edited January 2018

That sounds way more fair. Gives me more incentive in trying to answer comic quotes rather than just finding them. (Though the ones I were finding weren't that bad :smirk: ) I've been staying away from video game quotes because I'm not as well-versed in secret dialogue. And @DabigRG and @Fangirl101 are like the 360 no-scopers of video game quotes.

If I were to compare their skill to Overwatch characters. DabigRG would Hanzo and Fangirl is Widow-Maker. They even share a secret love for eachother. ?

Well ya know I think for comic book answers since the volumes triple possibly even quadruple the content of that of the video games then the

• Jeez, one neat little quote used and we're suddeny Deadshot and Merida. :grin:

That sounds way more fair. Gives me more incentive in trying to answer comic quotes rather than just finding them. (Though the ones I were f

• Agreed the older format would of been far better and simpler to connect what is going on. Don't know who's idea it was to change it but I realize even if I had done it earlier the format would of simply changed everything anyhow from the old interface to this current one.

Good thread idea. Really hard to follow with this new forum style though. Really miss threaded.

• I'm the opposite, since its the comics that are near impossible for me as I've only read them like once and have read All Out War twice because it was intriguing. Comics are way more talky too than the games due to well.... ya know the games ongoing issue with developing their characters enough to have rich dialogue in recent years.

That sounds way more fair. Gives me more incentive in trying to answer comic quotes rather than just finding them. (Though the ones I were f

• edited January 2018

Due to Da new rules, you are correct!

What I don't like about "He who shall not be named" is that he puts too many swear words into what he says. It ruins the very imaginative hyperbole he gives to his lines.

That's Negan. Either from March to War or All Out War Part 1.

• This is one of my favorite lines that Negan says its a shame it was censored in the television show.

This one shouldn't be as confusing. "You ever hear about the stupid fuck named Rick who fucking thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got himself fucking killed? It was about you. You got that, right?"

• This one was ridiculously hard, but I eventually remembered a dude named Spencer who had a rope malfunction while trying to get to Andrea on a watchtower. Spencer. No Way Out.

Here's a tougher one for you, @Malachite. "My hands... Jeez. And I lost a damn shoe. Crap"

• edited January 2018

Oh really? I always thought the TV's "He who shall not be named" made the line sound better by taking out some the swears. There are so many ways you can say fuck in a single sentence before It starts to lose it's effect. And it's mostly used to display anger. My dream voice for him would be Marcus Mauldin from Borderlands. (Brick's voice.)

This is one of my favorite lines that Negan says its a shame it was censored in the television show.

• Right on the money!

What I didn't like about him the most is the way he kept trying to hit on Andrea. She was clearly not interested, but he kept on pursuing anyways. In the end he got what he didn't have the guts to dish out... well... in a way.

This one was ridiculously hard, but I eventually remembered a dude named Spencer who had a rope malfunction while trying to get to Andrea on a watchtower. Spencer. No Way Out.

• TTG should definitely try to hire him to do video game Negan if they ever do make a game featuring the leader of the saviors as they did with Michonne.

Oh really? I always thought the TV's "He who shall not be named" made the line sound better by taking out some the swears. There are so many

• Here's a game quote that may get them.. Just maybe.

"No, it's not that. I just... think he's more eager than he has a right to be. Okay? He wants acceptance before he's earned it, does that make sense to you?"

• Luke about Mike, if you went with him(and Bonnie) first.

Here's a game quote that may get them.. Just maybe. "No, it's not that. I just... think he's more eager than he has a right to be. Okay? He wants acceptance before he's earned it, does that make sense to you?"

• I want to say it's a season 2 line. So I'm going with Luke talking to Carlos about Nick screwing up from A House Divided?

Here's a game quote that may get them.. Just maybe. "No, it's not that. I just... think he's more eager than he has a right to be. Okay? He wants acceptance before he's earned it, does that make sense to you?"

• Very easy one here "I'm real glad to have met you Clementine."

• edited January 2018

Kenny to Clementine, season 2 episode 5: No Going Back, Wellington ending.

(Crap, I think he says the same thing in the alone ending when you leave him on the road. ?)

xGbHx posted: »

Very easy one here "I'm real glad to have met you Clementine."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.