What if [THIS happened] in The Walking Dead Game?

Comments

• edited September 2018

Answer to DabigRG
    They would still get prisoned by Carver. And would still be attacked by Arvo. Everything will be the same besides a fight at the end.

• Hugs instantly
    Lily wouldn’t let the others in, but Clem definitely. Luke and the others would rest outside and then keep moving, but wouldn’t be able to because Carver shows up. Lily’s probably a better shot with a rifle and would kill Carver, when Kenny wasn’t able to pull it off.

DabigRG posted: »

What if it was Lilly who was staying at the Ski Lodge with Walter and Matthew?

• edited September 2018

AU Gabe Moments: Episode 1, Part 1
    (or "what things might be like with an older Gabe")

Intro:

Gabe: Dad? Uncle? You were making a racket.

Javi: It's fine, Gabe. Your dad's just a bit of a bully.

David: Javi's exaggerating, Gabe, we were just roughhousing.

Gabe: ...Sure you were, Dad. I'll be inside, if you need some ice for his eye.

Car:

Gabe: Seriously? Smoking in the car? Thought the muertos had bad lungs.

Javi: Just roll down the windows, before we all get contact high.

Gabe: Maybe they'll be less interested in us if we're all hyped up like hippies.

Javi: Not helping.

Everybody Out:

Kate: Well, let's start with some gas, and move up from there.

(Zombie wanders with a crowbar sticking out of it's head)

Gabe: Sweet. Free crowbar.

Mari: Gabe!

Gabe: I'm sorry.

(Javi bats it to smithereens)

Gabe: You ruined that dude's face.

Mari: It wasn't a dude!

Gabe: What? They can't breed.

Javi: Gabe, stop.

Gabe: (Shrugs) Alright. I'll start the scavenger hunt. (Wanders off)

Kate: (Sighs)

Mari: See? He's a psychopath! Has no respect for the dead!

Javi: Let's just get what we need, and get out of here.

Gabe hanging around:

Javi: What's going on up there?

Gabe: You see that giant gas tank? If we had some cord, flint and steel, we could save some fireworks for the herd!

Javi: I hope you're not being serious. That's a lot of supplies we'd end up wasting.

Gabe: All this is a waste anyway. We're all just going to spend our days in a cooped up car until we run out of stuff and die. What's the point?

Javi: You sound like your mom.

Gabe: Step-mom.

Javi: Look, I know things are a little tense right now, but the point is that we stick together as a family. We drive as a family, we survive as a family, and- if it all comes down to it- we die as a family.

Gabe: ...Fine. I'll help. (Jumps down)

Over the Ladder:

Javi: That's unsettling.

Gabe: What do you mean? That car's perfectly intact!

Javi: Exactly. Nothing's supposed to be intact in a place this infested.

Gabe: Fair point. Let's hurry.

Javi: (Opens car with crowbar)

Gabe: See? Free crowbar.

Under the Porch:

Gabe: Cool. You look under the house for muertos, I'll look over it. Coast is clear on my end.

Javi: Oh, shut up.

Gabe: Jeez, alright.

In the House:

Javi: Gabe, come check this out!

Gabe: Sweet. Place is almost as dank as the smell of our car.

Javi: At least there's no muertos.

Gabe: Yeah; no one to get high with on Kate's drugs. Pity, too- this place is decked as papa's poker.

Javi: You remember that?

Gabe: Yeah. Because dad was a sore loser.

Javi: I... see.

Gabe: Oh hey, look! Pudding! This place really is a party.

Javi: Agreed- this place could last us a while.

(The girls walk in)

Gabe: Hey guys, they got pudding.

Javi: And a lot of good supplies here!

Gabe: But mostly pudding.

Mari: Nobody cares, Gabe- oh my gosh, it's actual pudding.

Gabe: Right?

Kate: The herd is coming. We should really get out of here as fast as possible.

Mari: C'mon, please? Just one night?

Gabe: It would be nicer than the cramped car, but the pudding makes the real difference, so...

Mari: (Glares)

Gabe: ...So I'm siding with Mari on this one.

Mari: Thanks, Gabriel.

Gabe: Any time, Mariana.

Rescuing the Fam:

Gabe: (Hugging Mari) Mari- I... I'm so sorry I couldn't go after you...

Mari: (Emotional) No need to snot all over my shirt, you idiot.

Gabe: (Sobbing) I'll snot where I want to snot, dang it!

Mari: (Laughs, and returns the hug)

Kate: It's a good thing you showed up when you did. I thought we were done for.

Javi: What's that on your hand, Gabe?

Gabe: A bite.

Everyone: (Exclaims)

Gabe: Relax- I cut myself on the truck.

Mari: Don't DO that!

Getting shot:

Kate: Javi, we can't leave her! (Runs, but gets shot)

Gabe: GOSH DANG IT, KATE, THEY'RE USING GUNS! GET BACK!

Kate: (Pushes back to cover) We're not leaving her behind!

Gabe: So we wait for them to stop shooting!

(Guns die down while people reload, but some stragglers fire the occasional bullet)

Javi: On the count of three.

Gabe: What?!

Javi: One.

Gabe: Oh gosh.

Javi: Two.

Gabe: Okay...

Javi: Three!

(They run over)

Clem: We need to hold the line here. If we don't finish this now, they'll be after your family again.

Tripp: Are you insane??

Gabe: Everyone's getting shot today! We're all insane!

Kate: I'm sorry, Gabe.

Gabe: ...Uncle. Whatever you want to have happen, I'm with you.

Javi: Get her back to Prescott. We'll cover you.

Tripp: Then give me a hand here, kid!

Gabe: I got you.

Conclusion:

Not sure if it changes much, but it was fun to write. Thanks!

• The spoiler tag is the quote arrow > with an exclamation point ! right next to it >! at the beginning of each non-extended line

Tohabath posted: »

AU Gabe Moments: Episode 1, Part 1 (or "what things might be like with an older Gabe") (Spoiler) Conclusion: Not sure if it changes much, but it was fun to write. Thanks!

• Thanks! Learned something new today. :smile:

The spoiler tag is the quote arrow > with an exclamation point ! right next to it >! at the beginning of each non-extended line

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

What if Ed injected Clementine walker spinal fluid before the start of the apocalypse, and let himself get eaten by her once she transformed into a walker so she could gain the ability to shift in and out of her walker form?

• Hey one question

Dex-Starr posted: »

What if Ed injected Clementine walker spinal fluid before the start of the apocalypse, and let himself get eaten by her once she transformed into a walker so she could gain the ability to shift in and out of her walker form?

• edited September 2018

[deleted, douple post]

• yeah?

Hersani posted: »

Hey one question

• Where do you actually get those idea from :P

yeah?

• LMAO, Attack on Titan. Zombies and titans are pretty similar so I made a What-if connection between the game and the anime

Where do you actually get those idea from :P

• I watch attack on titans and currently not interested in season 3.. not an anime fan i only watched 3 or 4 and never got these kind of ideas

LMAO, Attack on Titan. Zombies and titans are pretty similar so I made a What-if connection between the game and the anime

• I used to be a farily average anime fan but felt I was becoming a weeb, so I quit watching it. I have a super soft spot for Dragonball Super though

I watch attack on titans and currently not interested in season 3.. not an anime fan i only watched 3 or 4 and never got these kind of ideas

• I can only assume you just spoiled me on something(specifically detailed anyway) about Attack on Titan.

• you were right to assume so, but it’s not like you were ever gonna get around to watching it anytime soon?

I can only assume you just spoiled me on something(specifically detailed anyway) about Attack on Titan.

• Like, I watched the first two episodes a week ago, watched SGB's playthrough of the game however long ago, and figured that syringe was responsible for Erin being able to transform down the road, but those specific details were still something to be explained whenever I actually got that far.
    Particularly what happened to his dad, who just kinda disappeared in the first episode.

you were right to assume so, but it’s not like you were ever gonna get around to watching it anytime soon?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

Welp, I apologise I guess?
    There’s so much shit you don’t know about, its crazyyy

Like, I watched the first two episodes a week ago, watched SGB's playthrough of the game however long ago, and figured that syringe was resp

• edited September 2018

Looking at marccost3's review made me think of something: What if it had been Christa who had been captured by Troy and was staring at Clementine instead of Jane?

• Here's a big one I considered doing an Aspiration about: What if Sarah accompanied Clementine and AJ into A New Frontier?

• edited September 2018

What if Lee never found Mark in the bathroom and the whole group ate him and lived happily ever after on the St. John's Farm?

• Were they planning on staying at the farm? I thought the deal was about exchanging gas in exchange for food and maybe helping deal with their mutual Bandit Problem.

What if Lee never found Mark in the bathroom and the whole group ate him and lived happily ever after on the St. John's Farm?

• At the end of the episode, one of the brothers said that they could have lived a happy life on the farm if Lee never found Mark.

Were they planning on staying at the farm? I thought the deal was about exchanging gas in exchange for food and maybe helping deal with their mutual Bandit Problem.

• Hm. Can't tell if he was being hyperbolic or not.
    Ah well, I guess they might last 2 days before Mark's absence becomes impossible to reasonably ignore, especially with Katjaa's observations.

At the end of the episode, one of the brothers said that they could have lived a happy life on the farm if Lee never found Mark.

• They could have said he died of infection and then thrown him out.

Hm. Can't tell if he was being hyperbolic or not. Ah well, I guess they might last 2 days before Mark's absence becomes impossible to reasonably ignore, especially with Katjaa's observations.

• True.
    Ah well, they just need to make sure no one sees the corpse/walker then and they're (probably) good, potential backlash about Katjaa not being involved in his care aside.

They could have said he died of infection and then thrown him out.

• Yeah, if the St. John's played their cards right, the whole group could have stayed there.

True. Ah well, they just need to make sure no one sees the corpse/walker then and they're (probably) good, potential backlash about Katjaa not being involved in his care aside.

• It'd just be a matter of finding/making more food in the longer-term.

Yeah, if the St. John's played their cards right, the whole group could have stayed there.

• This is actually seeming to be an interesting direction tho. Imagine the tension that continues in Episode 3 with the St.Johns and surviving with them long term, and then a minor war with the bandits vs. St.John/Motor Inn group.

It'd just be a matter of finding/making more food in the longer-term.

• What if Christa helped Lee with the truck on the bridge?

• What if Reggie hadn't fallen in the escape?

• What if Broly was in ep 3, posing an even greater threat to humanity than the walkers, where the only chance at stopping him depended on Clem and Vi fusing together and fighting him?

• Then they really are fucked.

What if Broly was in ep 3, posing an even greater threat to humanity than the walkers, where the only chance at stopping him depended on Clem and Vi fusing together and fighting him?

• What if Ben was with Kenny at the ski lodge? I've seen this somewhere else, but I can't quite remember where.

• Yeah, that's definitely come up in places. Paritcularly in places dan's old thread.

MinerJas posted: »

What if Ben was with Kenny at the ski lodge? I've seen this somewhere else, but I can't quite remember where.

• What if Lee, Christa, or even Ben managed to save Brie?

• She would've stolen the boat alongside Vernon and would probably kill whoever was left to gaurd the boat, considering our first encounter with her.

What if Lee, Christa, or even Ben managed to save Brie?

• What if Christa survived and was in the delta?

• Yes. Please be so. Probably wouldn't leave much room for her in the story, but it would be a great welcome back.

Leegendary posted: »

What if Christa survived and was in the delta?

• What if Brodie's team were the one's to find Clementeen and AJ?

• What if Russell shot Nate after getting clear?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.