TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Some shitbird erased my post about Clementine....how pathetic.

• Oh my goodness! Fantastic news to hear

EPISODE ONE DROPS ON SWITCH AUGUST 14 IN NORTH AMERICA. (Later this month for Europe.)

• Telltale is truly killing it this year under their cool, new CEO! I'm glad they're out to GET'ER DONE!

Oh my goodness! Fantastic news to hear

• edited August 2018

playable at 9PM 8/13 PST...I'm actually tempted to buy the PS4 version (Despite already owning it on Steam) just to play the premiere earlier pffft.

On another note, the countdown for TFS on PS4 is updated. Looks like it will be playable on Monday night at 11:00 pm CT. And it will download the game for you around Saturday so it is ready to go at 11.

• Maybe that's available for steam too, you never know, a another surprise :p .

playable at 9PM 8/13 PST...I'm actually tempted to buy the PS4 version (Despite already owning it on Steam) just to play the premiere earlier pffft.

• I would totally understand if you did... back in the day I bought and replayed the entirety of s1 on PS4 just to get 400 Days a day earlier... man that brings back memories.

• Good job on Telltale releasing it on Switch on the same time, I kept wondering why they didnt just put it up there as digital only (for now atleast)

• They deleted the thread on episode titles a few hours ago, which honestly I'm fine with, I don't want to be spoiled with any of the other code stuff I just figured the episode titles were just a small enough leak that it wouldn't be a big deal.

• Nah, even the episode titles are pretty big spoilers for some. And more and more stuff from the game (not just the first episode) is being leaked by the hours, so best to stay away from Internet for now. If you don`t want to be spoiled that is.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

They deleted the thread on episode titles a few hours ago, which honestly I'm fine with, I don't want to be spoiled with any of the other code stuff I just figured the episode titles were just a small enough leak that it wouldn't be a big deal.

• Man, some of the spoilers i saw suck. Not because I got spoiled, but because what the spoiler means.

• Best to stay away from the reddit page unless you want to know major leaks

• And Twitter

(I know i've said that like 3 times today, but apparently people keep accidentally coming across them there - so yeahhhh)

Clemmy1 posted: »

Best to stay away from the reddit page unless you want to know major leaks

• Releases on switch August 14th?!

J O Y C O N B O I S

• @mostlypoptarts is their plans for a physical copy of The Final Season? If so, do you have a general date for when it would release?

• Huh. Cool for you switch owners.

I expected it to release later in the year, where it'd be preceded by the previous 3 seasons releasing on Switch (and maybe Michonne). But, it's just this Last Season out for the time being? okay...

EPISODE ONE DROPS ON SWITCH AUGUST 14 IN NORTH AMERICA. (Later this month for Europe.)

• Well it wasn't.
    You see everybody will know these titles once they open the game so idk what was the spoiler-y in that thread tbh.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

They deleted the thread on episode titles a few hours ago, which honestly I'm fine with, I don't want to be spoiled with any of the other code stuff I just figured the episode titles were just a small enough leak that it wouldn't be a big deal.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Nothing to report yet!

@mostlypoptarts is their plans for a physical copy of The Final Season? If so, do you have a general date for when it would release?

• Like, some bad stuff happens or the content/story themselves is bad?

AnimalBoy posted: »

Man, some of the spoilers i saw suck. Not because I got spoiled, but because what the spoiler means.

• At this point I think its was best if they didn't release the demo on pc

• I would like to reiterate, no spoilers, that includes hinting at what the leaks contain.

• Welp RIP me and a few other unfortunate members.

dojo32161 posted: »

I would like to reiterate, no spoilers, that includes hinting at what the leaks contain.

• What about Clippy news. Got any of that?

Nothing to report yet!

• edited August 2018

Bro this is like the only safe place from spoilers rn. Like I’m actually getting kinda nervous because one of the spoilers I did see (I wish I didn’t and I wasn’t even looking for leaks) was apparently from episode 2. Like how tf are people already getting this shit, is steam really that open to data mining (or whatever tf it’s called).
    Like imma have to go live in a hole until all of S4 is out.

• I've literally deleted every form of social media I have just so I don't get spoiled...At this point I just wish they didn't release the demo on PC at all

Bro this is like the only safe place from spoilers rn. Like I’m actually getting kinda nervous because one of the spoilers I did see (I wish

• Well I can now agree 100%....releasing the PC Demo was bad...I blame @mostlypoptarts as I told her it was a bad idea. Oh well at least I can say the game is damn smooth on my PC,

• I guess we will never see a Telltale demo on PC again lol

• This is, like, the one time I wish hadn't spoiled myself on purpose, but then, I don't even know if the leaks are real. I'm excited to see the game in the next week, I just wish I had the cash on me to buy it on Switch day 1.

Money gods, if you're out there...

• It's very easy to datamine the game using the PC files. Like you don't even have to be a great hacker to do it.

I have no idea where people got episode 2 from though, not even I could find that shit and I looked through everything ep1 related (my pc can't run the game so i didn't care about spoiling myself) unless they somehow managed to obtain the full game's files.

I do think it was silly of Telltale not to delete parts of the data that go beyond the demo though. Because a lot of that stuff could have been deleted and it wouldn't have fucked up the demo at all (or at least rename some stuff). Hopefully they take more care for future reference, since it is a shame that it's spread beyond just private convos now.

Bro this is like the only safe place from spoilers rn. Like I’m actually getting kinda nervous because one of the spoilers I did see (I wish

• edited August 2018

it was silly of Telltale not to delete parts of the data that go beyond the demo though.

This explains why the file size of the demo was so big. I was really surprised to see that it was like 2.5GB for just 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

It's very easy to datamine the game using the PC files. Like you don't even have to be a great hacker to do it. I have no idea where peop

• Perhaps, but i'm pretty sure they extended the original plan for the demo's release.

You know, If I hadn't seen the actual images, I would have thought it would be funny if it turned out Telltale was just trolling everyone because they know people datamine the games (so like they changed names and stuff just to fuck with people)

lupinb0y posted: »

it was silly of Telltale not to delete parts of the data that go beyond the demo though. This explains why the file size of the demo was so big. I was really surprised to see that it was like 2.5GB for just 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

• I would be so happy if that was the case but I highly doubt it because the leaks just look so legit.

Perhaps, but i'm pretty sure they extended the original plan for the demo's release. You know, If I hadn't seen the actual images, I woul

• edited August 2018

The former.

Like, some bad stuff happens or the content/story themselves is bad?

• ... did you like the stuff that was happening?

AnimalBoy posted: »

The former.

• Yes and no.

lupinb0y posted: »

... did you like the stuff that was happening?

• That's weird, I don't remember was there ever a demo released for season 2 and 3?

• I just hope Telltale doesn’t rewrite the story because of the leaks.

• edited August 2018

@MRSHYGUY45 Supposedly, they once did. I don't remember what game it was but because of the leaks, they slightly changed the course of the plot.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I just hope Telltale doesn’t rewrite the story because of the leaks.

• edited August 2018

It was supposedly Wolf because everyone predicted the killer was the red hair man.

Tewudin posted: »

@MRSHYGUY45 Supposedly, they once did. I don't remember what game it was but because of the leaks, they slightly changed the course of the plot.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I just saw that Pete Hawley has an amazing new icon on Twitter.

• Disco Broccoli is taking over

OzzyUK posted: »

I just saw that Pete Hawley has an amazing new icon on Twitter.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.