TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Again, the end of the trailer is worrying :# :s

Marlon: What did he teach you?
    Clem: How to say goodbye...

• Already? It's been twenty minutes, for fucks sake.

Pipas posted: »

Just a heads up - as expected, people are posting spoilers in the comment sections of the trailer.

• Woah, that trailer was great. That Marlon line gave me chills.

Also I noticed that there’s a character named Willy

• That was honestly kinda my thing as well.
    Like, it's nice that they finally decided to do a "Kid/Youth Season" at the last interval, that we have four major characters that were introduced to us relatively early, and that AJ is finally getting real focus, but there still wasn't much to latch onto, especially at this point.

Poogers555 posted: »

Its not about needing the story all typed out, its just there isnt a lot given to make me interested. "Clem crashes her car and a boardin

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Hmmm I thought we were tight but okay I guess?

Well I can now agree 100%....releasing the PC Demo was bad...I blame @mostlypoptarts as I told her it was a bad idea. Oh well at least I can say the game is damn smooth on my PC,

• To be fair the same thing can be said for trailers from the previous season.

Season 1: A zombie apocalypse happens. You gotta take care of a little girl and some friends. Who will survive?

Season 2: Clem meets a group of people. Adults are bad. Who will survive?

Season 3: You play a new character. You and your friends meet a few familiar faces. Adults are bad. Who will survive?

Its not about needing the story all typed out, its just there isnt a lot given to make me interested. "Clem crashes her car and a boardin

• I’m sorry, but there’s just too much heavy implying that Clem will die. Now everyone will expect her to die in the end so when it actually does happen, some people wouldn’t be shocked since they prepared for it.

If anything, I think AJ will bite the dust in the end.

• Love the focus on Marlon in the trailer. From what little I've seen of him I already feel like he'll be my favorite this season.

• edited August 2018

They're STILL active?!

• We are tight...but I will be honest here...I feel guilty for wanting the demo...oh and I would throw my own mother under the bus if it would help...so do not take it personal like.

Hmmm I thought we were tight but okay I guess?

• I would very much appreciate it if someone can tell me the music that was used in the trailer.

• Well they side stepped one of my pet peeves where they give away to much story, that trailer gave away nothing. But what they did show still seems pretty damn generic to me. At least the trailer didn't open on the Me Too line, that would have just been mean. That last line was seriously cringe... Can't wait to eat that dog tho.

• You ass!!! Who would eat a tender and delicious dog that I am sure would make a savory stew with potatoes and carrots?

Plan_R posted: »

Well they side stepped one of my pet peeves where they give away to much story, that trailer gave away nothing. But what they did show still

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

I won't. I'm bummed that so many things are out there just like you guys. Let's just work to keep the forums spoiler-free.

We are tight...but I will be honest here...I feel guilty for wanting the demo...oh and I would throw my own mother under the bus if it would help...so do not take it personal like.

• Maybe I shouldnt say me, more like the player in general.

What this trailer is telling players is within 1 episode we are introduced to a real relationship between Aj and Clem which we are expected to care about. Then to a bunch of new characters who we expected to care about. Followed by a new "safe" location we are expected to care about, followed by conflict in this area Clem has just found which we need to care about this place and its new people we just met.

The problem Im seeing is that in the first episode its introducing everything right away. Its giving me rushed vibes. In one episode we are just told this is the side we are on, and now theres conflict with the other (the adults.) They cant have 4 episodes of the kids hiding in the school as the adults give them issues, so its already a safe bet the adults take over by the end of episode 1 and we get another case of the safe place falling due to rushed conflict.

Either way the fact that we are introduced to all this new stuff and then are expected to 100% care about it all in the same episode when bad shit starts happening, is not a good sign.

• Your own mother?! You monster!

We are tight...but I will be honest here...I feel guilty for wanting the demo...oh and I would throw my own mother under the bus if it would help...so do not take it personal like.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

Dog is a fine meal, I'm going to see if I can change its name to Savory Stew.

You ass!!! Who would eat a tender and delicious dog that I am sure would make a savory stew with potatoes and carrots?

• It's not, it's a demented being from hell.

• metallica - sandstorm

I would very much appreciate it if someone can tell me the music that was used in the trailer.

• If you met her, you would help me.

Tewudin posted: »

Your own mother?! You monster!

• My hype for the game has ascended. I absolutely cannot wait for the episode to come out!

• Marlon had a few awesome lines. Which are you referring to?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Woah, that trailer was great. That Marlon line gave me chills. Also I noticed that there’s a character named Willy

• I feel like I'm dodging spoilers like I'm dodging bullets or something....trailer was good tho

• metallica - sandstorm

abattoir posted: »

metallica - sandstorm

• I assume he meant when Marlon yells, "I'm trying to protect you!"

AgentZ46 posted: »

Marlon had a few awesome lines. Which are you referring to?

• edited August 2018

Those were enough of a hook though, with the previous Season/installment ending in a manner that left room for speculation and some momentum leading into the next.

Also, Adult are bad doesn't work as a descriptor in Season 2 or ANF when the overwhelming majority of the characters are still adults, a portion of whom are antagonistic.

lupinb0y posted: »

To be fair the same thing can be said for trailers from the previous season. Season 1: A zombie apocalypse happens. You gotta take care o

• I am pretty sure if the trailer gave away even a bit of the story you would be whining about it giving away too much story that you are not satisfied with. Just calm down, the trailer is good, the story is okay so far, it`s interesting at least.

Maybe I shouldnt say me, more like the player in general. What this trailer is telling players is within 1 episode we are introduced to a

• Can I just take a minute to gush about the cinematography?

That upwards camera angle of Marlon having a meltdown whilst the sky above him has that dramatic tint to it gave me S1 Ep2 vibes and I am in love with it.

• YES. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was blown away by that shot. It looked so fucking good!

Can I just take a minute to gush about the cinematography? That upwards camera angle of Marlon having a meltdown whilst the sky above him has that dramatic tint to it gave me S1 Ep2 vibes and I am in love with it.

• Oh my god, fuck yeah, that shot was probably my favorite thing in the trailer.

YES. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was blown away by that shot. It looked so fucking good!

• Is that him though? I'm know we're being lowkey hinted that's the case, but it almost sounded like a different boy.

I assume he meant when Marlon yells, "I'm trying to protect you!"

• Oh yeah, I loved that one. Awesome voice acting.

I assume he meant when Marlon yells, "I'm trying to protect you!"

• It was him. I can tell his voice actor from a mile away lmao

DabigRG posted: »

Is that him though? I'm know we're being lowkey hinted that's the case, but it almost sounded like a different boy.

• edited August 2018

I think it sounds a bit different because he's so emotional compared to his more calm tone of voice earlier in the trailer.

DabigRG posted: »

Is that him though? I'm know we're being lowkey hinted that's the case, but it almost sounded like a different boy.

• “You don’t understand! I’m trying to protect you!”

Marlon had a few awesome lines. Which are you referring to?

• I'm convinced that Marlon's either a huge character this season, or he dies in the first episode. Really hoping for the former.

• The trailer is well done, there is nothing wrong with it. Considering I sadly got semi spoiled and know something that will happen now that is major, I can pretty confidently say I feel like like them cramming everything in one episode is not going to feel natural for the player to become invested in everything it wants you to care about.

For what I mean about lack of story details is that we know adults are going to be the main conflict. But these trailers dont mention them at all, just a 0.5 second glance at one. It would be nice if we just got a chance to see the other side thats going to be an issue because it makes trailers misleading. They dont need to even explain why they are an issue in the trailer, just a simple line from someone mentioning theres an adult group out there thats an issue for them adds more and can help viewers understand a bit more about what this story is leading to. Because right now this trailer is just "Clem finds new place and bad shit happens again," nothing to make a viewer go "Now this story needed to be made."

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I am pretty sure if the trailer gave away even a bit of the story you would be whining about it giving away too much story that you are not satisfied with. Just calm down, the trailer is good, the story is okay so far, it`s interesting at least.

• Yeah, probably so.

I think it sounds a bit different because he's so emotional compared to his more calm tone of voice earlier in the trailer.

• I will say...when you are playing the Demo and Clem shuts the car off...I loved the sound of the big block engine cooling down...my cousin owned a Gran Torino Sport and it sounded just like that when he would come visit.

• I was kinda hoping for a decent middleground, depending on how he comes across.

I'm convinced that Marlon's either a huge character this season, or he dies in the first episode. Really hoping for the former.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.