TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• As someone who really doesn’t like ANF (terrible season), this season looks promising. It looks like most characters will have more development and screentime (unlike season two), the atmosphere is darker, our relationship with AJ seems beautiful, we will get more hubs and exploration and an an overall better gameplay. If the episode lengths are about 2 hour, this might be one of the best Walking Dead games.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is no pre-load for the PC version, once it releases you will be able to download the game.

So when will the PC be available to pre-load?

• Very minor nitpick.

I kinda wish the boarding school kids didn't call the zombies "walkers" like everyone else. If they haven't strayed too far from the school grounds since the dead started rising then I don't think it makes sense for them to be using that term.

• But they didn't right?

lupinb0y posted: »

Very minor nitpick. I kinda wish the boarding school kids didn't call the zombies "walkers" like everyone else. If they haven't strayed t

• In the trailer one of the kids calls them walkers.

But they didn't right?

• Oh yeah, the kid that yelled there were walkers on the fence

In the trailer one of the kids calls them walkers.

• In The Road To Survival chapters, they refer to them as "deadheads''

Very minor nitpick. I kinda wish the boarding school kids didn't call the zombies "walkers" like everyone else. If they haven't strayed t

• @Thebatman377 But they didn't right?
    @Skulduggery52 In The Road To Survival chapters, they refer to them as "deadheads''

Aw shit, I smell backpedaling.

• The yelling youth could be from down south as opposed to the main kids.

DabigRG posted: »

@Thebatman377 But they didn't right? @Skulduggery52 In The Road To Survival chapters, they refer to them as "deadheads'' Aw shit, I smell backpedaling.

• True.

I'm just reminded of "Muertos" and the reception the Garcias initially got.

The yelling youth could be from down south as opposed to the main kids.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

"Done Running" releases on every platform 8/14 at midnight ET!

• Thanks for letting us know :)

• Just bring it on already :D I can't think about anything but playing the episode, thank god its summer and my head is crystal clear(ish), yet

• Welp, guess I'm staying up till 5 in the morning.

• What about the prices of TFS in Europe though? ?

• Does that mean i have to wait for the morning to play it instead of midnight like before? (Germany).

:neutral:

• yes

GSSalvador posted: »

Does that mean i have to wait for the morning to play it instead of midnight like before? (Germany).

• Well, shit. I mean, it doesn't really matter anyway if i play it 7 hours later, since i sleep at that time, but still. At least those damn lucky australians can't get it earlier this time! ^^

Poogers555 posted: »

yes

• I don't like that the west coast gets it at 9, they should have to wait 3 hours. Their tv shows come on at the wrong times and they have to wait three hours longer for releases, it's just the natural order of things.

• Can you please just let us know if the prices (in Europe) will actually be fixed or not? A yes/no answer is all I want at this point since there's pretty much no communication in this department. A lot of people held off on pre-ordering because of this. The CEO said it would happen in early July but we're already at August...

• Well, it's still fair.
    The Episode will be out at the exact same times on the west and east coast due to time differences.

If the episode released at 3am in the East instead, I'm sure there's be complaints that they're getting it "later" than the west.
    The timing's all relative. The West gets to feel lucky that they got it on the 13th, but in reality it'll be the 14th in the east, exactly midnight. No waiting an extra 3 hours.

Plan_R posted: »

I don't like that the west coast gets it at 9, they should have to wait 3 hours. Their tv shows come on at the wrong times and they have to wait three hours longer for releases, it's just the natural order of things.

• Kinda shocked this had to be explained. o_o

AChicken posted: »

Well, it's still fair. The Episode will be out at the exact same times on the west and east coast due to time differences. If the episod

• I finally got around to seeing the full trailer. It's safe to say I'm sufficiently pumped.

As for comments on the story being unclear, it doesn't seem that way to me. I think I can guess what the general plot might be, but Telltale didn't reveal too much of it here (which is super good).
    I'm betting that *Clem stumbles upon this boarding school on the middle of a possible feud with another nearby group. She and Marlon must keep the kids safe, all the while having to survive the increasing tension and possible attacks from the other group.

I am intrigued, and this looks like it'll be really enjoyable. Can't wait for Tuesday!

(as a small nitpick, the kids are calling the zombies 'walkers' too... Doesn't seem so right to me given that they'd probably be calling them by their own made up name. To me, that's a small part of the appeal of new groups, hearing what they call the Zeds. If they adapted the word from Clem, that's just giving me bad "Muertos/Walkers/Muertos" flashbacks.)

• They probably called them something else before Clem came.
    When she came Clems like "Theyre all fucking walkers, okay?"

I finally got around to seeing the full trailer. It's safe to say I'm sufficiently pumped. As for comments on the story being unclear, it

• edited August 2018

• edited August 2018

(as a small nitpick, the kids are calling the zombies 'walkers' too... Doesn't seem so right to me given that they'd probably be calling them by their own made up name. To me, that's a small part of the appeal of new groups, hearing what they call the Zeds. If they adapted the word from Clem, that's just giving me bad "Muertos/Walkers/Muertos" flashbacks.)

Yeah I think it would have been better if they used some of the lesser known names like Biters, Roamers, Lurkers, Lame-Brains, Geeks, Eaters, Ghouls, etc (there are a ton). Or even just come up with a new name.

And to be fair, "Muertos" literally means dead so it makes sense for the Garcia family to use that term.

I finally got around to seeing the full trailer. It's safe to say I'm sufficiently pumped. As for comments on the story being unclear, it

• "Huh... muertos?"

(as a small nitpick, the kids are calling the zombies 'walkers' too... Doesn't seem so right to me given that they'd probably be calling the

• Well, they do walk all the time.

They probably called them something else before Clem came. When she came Clems like "Theyre all fucking walkers, okay?"

• Muertos means dead ones in Spanish

Karnedg2013 posted: »

"Huh... muertos?"

• I know.
    I just said same what Clem said in Episode 301 :)

Fury2014 posted: »

Muertos means dead ones in Spanish

• Yeah, I noticed quotation marks too late :smiley:

Karnedg2013 posted: »

I know. I just said same what Clem said in Episode 301

• Hi I am from Ireland and the Microsoft Store says that The Final Season will be available on August 14th at 12:00am. Will I have to wait until 5am in order to play Episode 1 of The Final Season? I am just confused as the schedule and the Microsoft Store both say different times..

• And to be fair, "Muertos" literally means dead so it makes sense for the Garcia family to use that term.

Yes, it does. And I like that.
    I'm just remembering the time when they all suddenly switched to saying "walkers" in Episode 3 when referring to zombies, even though they'd had already been using another word for probably the whole 4 years. Then, they luckily went back to saying Muertos an episode later.

(as a small nitpick, the kids are calling the zombies 'walkers' too... Doesn't seem so right to me given that they'd probably be calling the

• Did they?
    That's really fuckin weird. considering they show when the name was coined.

And to be fair, "Muertos" literally means dead so it makes sense for the Garcia family to use that term. Yes, it does. And I like th

• Ah gotcha. I never noticed that :P

And to be fair, "Muertos" literally means dead so it makes sense for the Garcia family to use that term. Yes, it does. And I like th

• edited August 2018

Sorry I know this has probably already been asked to death, but what game will TFS be importing from, to continue your story?

I'm having to replay them all again too. I got the collection thing but looking back, it's messed up some choices I never made (only one save file so I haven't got confused) like saying I went to Nick instead of the Uncle, which i definitely didn't

• 9 PM my time! HYPE

• Where are you from?

7AM Here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.