TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• edited August 2018

Backwards compatibility! Xbox does it today with 10-year-old games, so in 10 years from now tech will definitely be good enough to do it then (play 10 year old games aka current games).

Tewudin posted: »

To be fair, with the speed of technology development, in 10 years you won't be able to play today's games because they'll be too old for those future PCs.

• What ratings did they give the ANF episodes? Could be TT just didn't pay them off this year

IGN has given a 6.5/10 rating to the first episode.

• I wouldn't count on ign ratings. They gave Batman episode 2 a 5

• This means absolutely nothing to me.

• Ep1 8.8
    Ep2 8.2
    Ep3 7.2
    Ep4 6.5
    Ep5 8.4

Cheddarhead posted: »

What ratings did they give the ANF episodes? Could be TT just didn't pay them off this year

• Wtf?!

Ep1 8.8 Ep2 8.2 Ep3 7.2 Ep4 6.5 Ep5 8.4

• Well episode 1 of ANF got an 8.8. I won't count on IGN for ratings this time.

Cheddarhead posted: »

What ratings did they give the ANF episodes? Could be TT just didn't pay them off this year

• As I thought. This review means nothing then

• Yeah I just watched it, it was a pretty bad review. Whole time they were like "I really enjoyed it" and then went "anyway 6.5"

This means absolutely nothing to me.

• Someone can post a link of the review ?

• Wow really IGN? I don’t give a fuck what they said, this has to be one of the best first episodes TellTale has done in a while.

• Idk why you guys are surprised, IGN has been bad at ratings since years ago.

Wow really IGN? I don’t give a fuck what they said, this has to be one of the best first episodes TellTale has done in a while.

• IGN always reviews Telltale games horribly, def the reviewers you shouldnt listen to when it comes to TTG. I mean looking at the scores they gave ANF and watching the videos, everything they say is mind numbingly stupid and not true.

Wow really IGN? I don’t give a fuck what they said, this has to be one of the best first episodes TellTale has done in a while.

• Lol, that's actually hilarious. Classic IGN.

• edited August 2018

I don’t know. I was just baffled by the fact that they gave it a 6.5. Did anyone read or watch the reasoning why they gave it such a low rating?

• The person who reviewed the first episode of TFS is not the same person who reviewed ANF, who is also not the same person who reviewed Season Two, who is also not the same person who reviewed Season One.

Every season was reviewed by a differend reviewer, which is kinda dumb but whatever. After that Dead Cells debacle i would take anything from ign with a big ass pile of salt.

• For all we know this person could hate story driven games. Mostly joking but its happened before with Game informers reviews for Tales.

• That was not a review it was more like a journalistic hit piece...F em.

Poogers555 posted: »

IGN always reviews Telltale games horribly, def the reviewers you shouldnt listen to when it comes to TTG. I mean looking at the scores they gave ANF and watching the videos, everything they say is mind numbingly stupid and not true.

• I guess ign doesn’t care about hubs and exploration, episode length, darker themes and overall gameplay lol

• IGN only cares about how many people you can shoot in over the top FPS games. The failure of EA's Star Wars Battlefront & how they went out of their way to give that crappy game positive PR attests to the reliability of IGN.

Box Tv posted: »

I guess ign doesn’t care about hubs and exploration, episode length, darker themes and overall gameplay lol

• Hopefully. I'd be shameful if I'd never again be able to play my favourite games.

Megaodg33 posted: »

Backwards compatibility! Xbox does it today with 10-year-old games, so in 10 years from now tech will definitely be good enough to do it then (play 10 year old games aka current games).

• So, it's out tomorrow...
    My one hope for The Final Season:
    That I won't have to change my phone case by the end of it all.

• I'll admit that's gonna make for a delightfully cruel edit with a little bit of marker.

AChicken posted: »

So, it's out tomorrow... My one hope for The Final Season: That I won't have to change my phone case by the end of it all.

• Don’t listen to IGN. This is the same company that gave Evolve a 9.0 rating but gave GTA IV a 8.5 rating.

• Gotta get those Sharpies ready!

I'll admit that's gonna make for a delightfully cruel edit with a little bit of marker.

• You know...she was bitten in season 2 by Sam.

Gotta get those Sharpies ready!

• Well if for some reason she doesn't get put down after turning you can get one that says "Still Biting"

So, it's out tomorrow... My one hope for The Final Season: That I won't have to change my phone case by the end of it all.

• I don’t know if this is a spoiler or not but is one of the boarding school kids’ voice actor Naruto’s English voice actress?

• Wouldn’t be surprised. She did voice PorkChop in Minecraft.

I don’t know if this is a spoiler or not but is one of the boarding school kids’ voice actor Naruto’s English voice actress?

• Could someone give me a spoiler free review of Episode 1 of The Final Season? Is there plenty of character development? How about choices? All that stuff. Please do not include spoilers. Thanks Guys :smile: :heart:

• there's a (spoiler-free) thread on the forums that recommends the episode not many plot details tho despite a lot of people liking Louis.

Could someone give me a spoiler free review of Episode 1 of The Final Season? Is there plenty of character development? How about choices? All that stuff. Please do not include spoilers. Thanks Guys

• That's exactly how I feel. There are so many incredible games today that I'd be very upset about not being able to play any of them in 10 years from now.

Hopefully. I'd be shameful if I'd never again be able to play my favourite games.

• Well, in extreme case you can always keep your old PC when you buy a new one for a sole purpose of launching old games when the time comes. ;)

That's exactly how I feel. There are so many incredible games today that I'd be very upset about not being able to play any of them in 10 years from now.

• Well I don't have a PC, but the same can be said about your Xbox One or PS4

Well, in extreme case you can always keep your old PC when you buy a new one for a sole purpose of launching old games when the time comes.

• I stand corrected then. It's even easier with a console, you can just put it in somewhere and take it out whenever you want to play the old games. :P Hypothetically speaking in 10 years.

Well I don't have a PC, but the same can be said about your Xbox One or PS4

• Thank you for informing me :smile: Sorry for bringing these questions onto the Waiting Thread

there's a (spoiler-free) thread on the forums that recommends the episode not many plot details tho despite a lot of people liking Louis.

• That's right. They rated Ties that Bind with 8/10 and thats bullshit.They never knew how to review games and at this point, they will never learn how to

This means absolutely nothing to me.

• edited August 2018

Does anyone know switch performance for this, as I’ve been holding out big-time for this version as i want it on the go. All I’ve seen is for pc/console, I’m waiting for an analysis before I plunge.

• IGN literally complained there were too many dialogues with the characters WOW

• It makes me think the performance/tech would be more suitable/stable since they skipped mobile due to the fact.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.