TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• I just downloaded the game on PS4 EU. I was hoping for a mistake, but no, it is still locked for the next 46 hours. :(
    Ah well, not much longer now.

• So we all sure that it will release on steam at the same exact time? Because I don't want to wake up at 5am for it not to be available to download until later.

• That is the plan...however...STEAM is run by asshats who sometimes fall asleep at the switch....lord knows they make so much money they could hire competent staff...so I say 50/50.

MaxTheFax posted: »

So we all sure that it will release on steam at the same exact time? Because I don't want to wake up at 5am for it not to be available to download until later.

• edited August 2018

No. It requires an explanation that release schedules that they revealed are for both consoles and PC version but in the case of a latter, it's only about the time it releases on Telltale Store. It doesn't include other PC platforms such as steam which update themselves (meaning unlock new content, new games etc.) at their own time. Usually a couple of hours later after Telltale Store release.

So yes, it releases at the same time on both consoles and Telltale Store. No, it doesn't release at the same time on other PC platforms such as steam. If I remember correctly steam, for example, updates itself around 6-7 PM CEST so around 12 hours after the release on Telltale Store.

So we all sure that it will release on steam at the same exact time? Because I don't want to wake up at 5am for it not to be available to download until later.

• edited August 2018

Telltale doesn't sell games on their store anymore so it has to be Steam (or GOG). Episodes used to release at 6PM BST (every episode ever) but it seems like they changed that and it'll now release at 5AM BST (13 hours earlier) according to what they keep saying about it releasing at the same time for every platform.

Tewudin posted: »

No. It requires an explanation that release schedules that they revealed are for both consoles and PC version but in the case of a latter, i

• It doesnt? I never bought them on their store so I didn't even know. So... now you know that people on Steam won't be able to play the game 12 hours after official release. I'm not sure about GOG. I'm using it but not for Telltale Games so I'm simply don't know timetable at which GOG releases this game.

Telltale doesn't sell games on their store anymore so it has to be Steam (or GOG). Episodes used to release at 6PM BST (every episode ever)

• edited August 2018

They can force the release on steam... and release it same time as every other platform...
    It isn't always a exact updating time on steam...
    EDIT: Even the mostlypoptarts said it releases at 12 am ET, on every platform.

It doesnt? I never bought them on their store so I didn't even know. So... now you know that people on Steam won't be able to play the game

• edited August 2018

By platform she meant, PC, XONE, PS4 etc. not platforms like steam, gog and others. Steam and others like it in on itself aren't really platforms per say, they are softwares which provide you the ability to both buy (or rent) a product and then download it anytime and anywhere you want if you only have a working internet connection.

Can they force steam to release it earlier? Sure, I think there are games which steam released before its update time but so far Telltale has never used that option and their games were always released around 6-7 PM CEST on steam because this is a usual time Valve updates this software database.

They can force the release on steam... and release it same time as every other platform... It isn't always a exact updating time on steam... EDIT: Even the mostlypoptarts said it releases at 12 am ET, on every platform.

• edited August 2018

So? Before on ps4 aussies would get it 24 hours way more earlier, now they get it 14 hours later, but the games on ps4 for aussies has always been one day earlier, how they could delay it.. telltale never did that, I wonder why they did it now. So, why wouldn't they do this for steam too, again?

By platform she meant, PC, XONE, PS4 etc. not platforms like steam, gog and others. Steam and others like it in on itself aren't really plat

• I don't know why but the same question can be asked in reverse. Its true with ps4 version but why this must mean that they would release steam version earlier than usual? I mean, don't get me wrong I'd be more than happy if they released it on steam at the same time as everywhere else but so far I just fail to see your reasoning here.

So? Before on ps4 aussies would get it 24 hours way more earlier, now they get it 14 hours later, but the games on ps4 for aussies has alway

• When the demo released on PC, it only released on steam, I don't seem to find it on gog, or somewhere else.

I don't know why but the same question can be asked in reverse. Its true with ps4 version but why this must mean that they would release ste

• And? As far as you can tell, since they released this demo on steam only, now they can do a reverse and release the PC version on gog at the same time as console release but leave steam to release it at their update time. You know, just to make it fair for GOG users to not allowing them to play the demo at all.

Anything can happen at this stage. Like I said, if it turns out they release it on steam at the same time as an official PC release, I'll be more than happy. I'll probably play the hell out of it... or not, since at this time I usually prepare for a work.

When the demo released on PC, it only released on steam, I don't seem to find it on gog, or somewhere else.

• You surely like to argue for the sake of arguing

And? As far as you can tell, since they released this demo on steam only, now they can do a reverse and release the PC version on gog at the

• It's not an argument, it's a discussion. Sad that more and more people seem to mistake them.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

You surely like to argue for the sake of arguing

• I don`t see anything "positive" if it has to be a discussion. With arguments like "And?" "So?" it IS an argument. And neither of you seem to agree with each other, so that is definitely not a discussion, learn your terminology please.

It's not an argument, it's a discussion. Sad that more and more people seem to mistake them.

• So if the episode is being released at the same time everywhere, does that still mean that tomorrow youtube will be flooded with walkthroughs from youtubers who got the game early? Cause usually that`s what happens a day before release.

• I hope the embargo got delayed too to 12 am ET, so they can't really post anything without it being striked.

So if the episode is being released at the same time everywhere, does that still mean that tomorrow youtube will be flooded with walkthroughs from youtubers who got the game early? Cause usually that`s what happens a day before release.

• Yeah, that`s why I am asking. Is it safe to hang around youtube tomorrow or not, Telltale lol?

I hope the embargo got delayed too to 12 am ET, so they can't really post anything without it being striked.

• Probably not. I wouldn't take the risk

Yeah, that`s why I am asking. Is it safe to hang around youtube tomorrow or not, Telltale lol?

• Discussion doesn't have to be positive. Like you said, learn your terminology. :) Discussion is when two sides present their opinions, their points of view and then discuss them either trying to find a common ground or maybe come to terms that they have different views and leave it at that.

Argument is when there is a lot of yelling (this days even a lot of insults) and one party tries to force their opinion on the second party. That's all I wanted to say and I won't come back to this subject as to not fill this thread with post unrelated to the topic in any way.

I don`t see anything "positive" if it has to be a discussion. With arguments like "And?" "So?" it IS an argument. And neither of you seem to agree with each other, so that is definitely not a discussion, learn your terminology please.

• You guys could get a easy to install addon, to block the videos.

Probably not. I wouldn't take the risk

• edited August 2018

I always switch to another youtube
    account a day before a episode releases

You guys could get a easy to install addon, to block the videos.

• edited August 2018

I think it's easier to just avoid Youtube for a day or two. It's not like people NEED it to live their lives.

You guys could get a easy to install addon, to block the videos.

• edited August 2018

There does not have to be a lot of yelling for it to be an argument, it is a common misconception. And yes, discussions have to be positive, that is like one of the main features that separates them from arguments, so learn your terminology please.

Discussion doesn't have to be positive. Like you said, learn your terminology. Discussion is when two sides present their opinions, their p

• edited August 2018

Okay but what do you mean by "positive"? Do you mean like that discussion has to end with one party agreeing with another eventually (so the positive outcome) or that all parties stay civil, not aggresive and actually try to ask the other party to explain their reasoning (positive way of discussing)? I don't agree with the former because discussion doesn't have to end with one party agreeing with another. I totally agree with a latter. That's why I always try to stay civil, I don't force my views on anothers, just explaining them and as I recall I actually asked the guy to explain to me his reasoning behind his beliefs. In conclusion if I did sound aggresive or accidentally crossed the discussion/argument line, I apologize. I believe that I didn't but I can understand why you think I might've and if so I'm sorry.

There does not have to be a lot of yelling for it to be an argument, it is a common misconception. And yes, discussions have to be positive, that is like one of the main features that separates them from arguments, so learn your terminology please.

• wtf, are we really arguing about the nature of arguing?

Okay but what do you mean by "positive"? Do you mean like that discussion has to end with one party agreeing with another eventually (so the

• I wouldn't argue with him you'll get banned. Anyway thanks to everyone for replying to my comment, I'll wake up at 5am and if it isn't on the steam store until 6pm like it usually is I'll just go to back to sleep disappointingly.

wtf, are we really arguing about the nature of arguing?

• Since I pre-ordered the game, does that mean that all of the episodes release for me at 9pm pdt tomorrow? (that would be 11pm for me rip)

• edited August 2018

To be fair, they didn't get banned because they argued with me. Especially that I didn't argued. Don't forget that they've targeted me there because I had different opinion and when they saw I wouldn't change it, they started insulting me. That's why the mods intervined.

I wouldn't argue with him you'll get banned. Anyway thanks to everyone for replying to my comment, I'll wake up at 5am and if it isn't on the steam store until 6pm like it usually is I'll just go to back to sleep disappointingly.

• All episodes are included in the price of the preorder, but they will be available at the same time for everyone.

Auruo posted: »

Since I pre-ordered the game, does that mean that all of the episodes release for me at 9pm pdt tomorrow? (that would be 11pm for me rip)

• For steam users, this is when the game is really gonna unlock for you, judging by the 1day and 23hours until unlocked timer it has in your library.

• Steam countdowns can be stopped before 00:00. I saw few games that happens to be available before it touches 00:00 (If i remember well, i think xcom 2 was available at 01h:20m)

For steam users, this is when the game is really gonna unlock for you, judging by the 1day and 23hours until unlocked timer it has in your library.

• Only 2 days left!!!! Oh my God I am so excited!!!!!!! :smiley:

• Out of curiosity, are you this excited?

Or maybe more like this?

P.S. I'm definitely like the latter :)

Only 2 days left!!!! Oh my God I am so excited!!!!!!!

• You're the Jonah Hill of excitement? Will Smith is the respectable option in every situation.

Out of curiosity, are you this excited? Or maybe more like this? P.S. I'm definitely like the latter

• edited August 2018

I found a way to remove the lock, PM me for info.

Onmens posted: »

I just downloaded the game on PS4 EU. I was hoping for a mistake, but no, it is still locked for the next 46 hours. Ah well, not much longer now.

• In this case, Will is obviously holding himself up. I'm more like Jonah, because I'm so excited I could be all over the place... if it only wouldn't cause a distress in my family and make me look like a psycho.

You're the Jonah Hill of excitement? Will Smith is the respectable option in every situation.

• edited August 2018

Logical fallacies run rampant on this forum, much like any part of the internet these days.

" I don't agree with the former because discussion doesn't have to end with one party agreeing with another. "

Yeah, that's called a disagreement when two parties respectfully agree to disagree. A discussion is simply discussing a topic without any opposing view points.

Here are some friendly examples:
    Wolverine vs Batman = Argument.

Aquaman vs the extent of his ability to command sea life = Discussion.

I don`t see anything "positive" if it has to be a discussion. With arguments like "And?" "So?" it IS an argument. And neither of you seem to agree with each other, so that is definitely not a discussion, learn your terminology please.

• Fair enough lol

In this case, Will is obviously holding himself up. I'm more like Jonah, because I'm so excited I could be all over the place... if it only wouldn't cause a distress in my family and make me look like a psycho.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.