TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Fun fact: Hateful Eight and Reservoir dogs are movies. They are about 2 hours long. Also in those stories are set over just 1 day total. Also like I was clearly saying before, Walking Dead has an external threat, not an internal like those movies you said. This is a video game with multiple parts that overall will probably be around 8 hours long. This game is also about choices and consequences. There is only so much that can happen in one area in a game where your choices are suppose to change things. If you really think 8 hours of the same place will work out fine, I dont know what to tell you.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

No, you are definitely missing the point. So okay, did you watch The Hateful Eight? Reservoir Dogs? Did you find it boring? These stories ar

• edited August 2018

It will work out fine, the examples I mentioned are just more common, they are known better. It is entirely possible to have an 8 hour story within the same place, and what makes you think that the only threat they`ll have is external? The Walking Dead taught you nothing? Maybe something about people acting irrational under tough circumstances (especially in an enclosed space)? People betraying their own? You really lack the imagination when it comes to predictions. Also you conveniently left out the rest of my message describing to you how this kind of story can work and be interesting and engaging. If you just want to hate, we should stop here, if you have no more arguments except "I dont know what to tell you".
    Also the majority of the first episode is going to be : The 15-30 minute part from the demo, Clem and AJ arrive at the school, get used to it, bond with other kids (dinner scene, Marlon scene, Louis scene, Violet and Tenn scene), go on a hunt, get back to school and get attacked by the bad guys it seems. It does not take place in one location only and is is heavily relying on character development, something ANF seriously lacked. So yeah, so far so good, and I believe Telltale will keep up.

Poogers555 posted: »

Fun fact: Hateful Eight and Reservoir dogs are movies. They are about 2 hours long. Also in those stories are set over just 1 day total. Al

• Do you really think they are gonna be at the boarding school all 4 episodes?

Fun fact: Hateful Eight and Reservoir dogs are movies. They are about 2 hours long. Also in those stories are set over just 1 day total. Al

• Oh and also, fun fact: Telltale usually makes their episode 2 hours long(funny, just as much as you mentioned in your fun fact, I wonder if that is just a coincidence). You sure you can handle 2 hours of boring in one location lol (sarcasm intensifies)

• I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but supposedly the rewind function is coming back?

• So how about following through with his promise to fix EU prices (that he said would be fixed in early july)...?

OzzyUK posted: »

I just saw that Pete Hawley has an amazing new icon on Twitter.

• Gotta let her know what you want fam you can't be sending mixed signals.

Stewart25 posted: »

I left the decision up to Clementine in one of my playthroughs and she walked out on me. Did she learn nothing from me shooting Duck?

• I haven't seen anything about that.

But I fucking hope so if the episodes will be near enough 2 - 2.5 hours long. Knowing me i'll make my finger slip, make a terrible choice near the end and then need to reply the entire episode again.

EbiManami posted: »

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but supposedly the rewind function is coming back?

• I haven't watched the trailer and honestly I don't want to as I don't want any potential spoilers but to those who have watched it... Was it good?

I haven't seen anything about that. But I fucking hope so if the episodes will be near enough 2 - 2.5 hours long. Knowing me i'll make my finger slip, make a terrible choice near the end and then need to reply the entire episode again.

• I saw someone say it on Twitter, I'm not sure how true it is though.

I haven't seen anything about that. But I fucking hope so if the episodes will be near enough 2 - 2.5 hours long. Knowing me i'll make my finger slip, make a terrible choice near the end and then need to reply the entire episode again.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

People seem to like it, I wasn't very impressed (big surprise there) but I will say it really doesn't give much away so unless your looking to avoid minor spoilers you'd probably be ok watching it.

I haven't watched the trailer and honestly I don't want to as I don't want any potential spoilers but to those who have watched it... Was it good?

• Might be true, then.

I never saw it when I was datamining. But it's possible given everything else they are adding into the game.

EbiManami posted: »

I saw someone say it on Twitter, I'm not sure how true it is though.

• The trailer was very good. There aren't that much story details in the trailer. It's only a trailer to increase your hype level

I haven't watched the trailer and honestly I don't want to as I don't want any potential spoilers but to those who have watched it... Was it good?

• Apologies. Didn't mean "bitch" as a derogatory gendered insult. I call my Brother it. But I won't use it again on here.

4.1 Use swear words if you like, but sparingly. There are no swear filters on this forum. Try to not make us regret this. (I will edit your post if you have gendered swears!)

• Yeah you don't see anything crazy. AJ gets a high five and the leader guy is cool until he comes unhinged. That's pretty much it.

• A little early in episode 1 to become unhinged, don't you think? Just kidding. Can't wait to see how this pans out!!!!

TrashJesus2 posted: »

Yeah you don't see anything crazy. AJ gets a high five and the leader guy is cool until he comes unhinged. That's pretty much it.

• Im aware its not in one location, which is why I was telling you how it wouldnt work based on what we already knew. We know they go other places, which is why I was arguing the boarding school probably wont end up being our like "home base" the whole season. And no, Im sure there will be some kind of "internal struggle" that isnt well developed, thats kinda become a Walking Dead staple at this point.

At this point I want to just post both our predictions in a bullet list of what happens in episode 1, and then when it releases we can compare and see who was more accurate, then I guess whoever ended up more accurate wins and can boast I guess lmao

Wanna do that? just hit me up with those predictions for what happens in the story/plot of episode 1 and then Ill reply with mine?

It will work out fine, the examples I mentioned are just more common, they are known better. It is entirely possible to have an 8 hour story

• Yeah idk some people just can't hang.

A little early in episode 1 to become unhinged, don't you think? Just kidding. Can't wait to see how this pans out!!!!

• Well the way you presented it seemed to me like you were complaining that the entire season would take place just within these walls and that would be boring, or otherwise they would have to leave it behind because it gets taken by other people (I don`t think either of these things happen). I doubt I want to have a childish competition. Why we just dont wait for the episode and then see if you were bored with it, like you think you can be? I see no point in making predictions on episode 1 since most of it was already leaked tbh.

Im aware its not in one location, which is why I was telling you how it wouldnt work based on what we already knew. We know they go other pl

• No... I really wasnt, quite the opposite, you were the one who brought up being at the boarding school the whole season with minimal conflict, and I was saying how that wouldnt work at all. Again, I was saying how it would be boring if it was your whole idea with the whole "every episode no real conflict happens." It would be boring if every episode is just the adults vs the kids but in the end neither party gets anywhere and then they just go back to the places they came from aka the school. I dont think its going to go down like that all which is why I kept saying the school is 100% going to fall/taken over/adults beat the kids or get the upperhand in the first episode.

Well the way you presented it seemed to me like you were complaining that the entire season would take place just within these walls and tha

• No I am for the entire season being set in the school, but the way I described earlier, with runs outside, etc. I never said about there being no conflicts, there always will be a conflict, outside or within the walls. The school does not have to fall for that to happen, I dont think the school will fall, I believe that would be their final "destination" the game will end there with them finally finding and securing their home (so far Clementine was always driven out of potential homes by force or when she left Richmond to find AJ ).

No... I really wasnt, quite the opposite, you were the one who brought up being at the boarding school the whole season with minimal conflic

• Oh man, that's beautiful.

• So Telltalegames acknowledged the leaks on their Tumblr. They thought it was unfortunate and were just telling people to be nice and not to spoil it for others and essentially it's to be expected that people would find them.

I don't know how others interpret that, but i'm pretty confident that they aren't going to rewrite anything in the season, so I wouldn't worry if anyone is concerned regarding that.

• I honestly scrolled my instagram and found the leaks without a warning so now I’m trying to forget I saw it :’)) it isn’t working bro

So Telltalegames acknowledged the leaks on their Tumblr. They thought it was unfortunate and were just telling people to be nice and not to

• Any advice for how to stay hyped/not disappointed over having part of the game spoiled for me?

• Apologies for the late reply, I watched it and felt it was really good and I enjoyed it. Why are you not impressed may I ask? :smile:

Plan_R posted: »

People seem to like it, I wasn't very impressed (big surprise there) but I will say it really doesn't give much away so unless your looking to avoid minor spoilers you'd probably be ok watching it.

• It is very great and did a very good job on increasing my hype!!! :smiley:

The trailer was very good. There aren't that much story details in the trailer. It's only a trailer to increase your hype level

• Yes we all have worries but let’s wait until the episode comes out to see how it plays out before saying “the school will 100% fall in the first episode” or that the main conflict won’t work for an entire season.

No... I really wasnt, quite the opposite, you were the one who brought up being at the boarding school the whole season with minimal conflic

• Sorry for the late reply. I watched it and I really enjoyed it!! As for Marlon there must be a large threat looming for him to sound as stressed and angered as he was

TrashJesus2 posted: »

Yeah you don't see anything crazy. AJ gets a high five and the leader guy is cool until he comes unhinged. That's pretty much it.

• Not sure if just a good trailer or actually a good game, but it looks like the series is finally getting the sequel it deserves. Season 2 was just ok, Michonne was boring and ANF really canned the series for me, but I think this is much more reminiscient of Season 1. Good on you, Telltale.

• So when will the PC be available to pre-load?

• Every clip was a scene I have seen so many times before. Nothing seemed very fresh, it's was all very much what I had expected to see when I first heard about the boarding school. As far as trailers go it wasn't bad, it just didn't do much for me.

Apologies for the late reply, I watched it and felt it was really good and I enjoyed it. Why are you not impressed may I ask?

• Found it, kinda. It has that melody, but it doesn't have the powerful burst that the trailer has midway through. Perhaps there's a remixed or extended version lurking elsewhere.

If you find the name of it can you help a sister out and send me a link?

• edited August 2018

About a half of the song was custom made by Telltale themselves so thats why you only have the calm melody there

Sarunas21 posted: »

Found it, kinda. It has that melody, but it doesn't have the powerful burst that the trailer has midway through. Perhaps there's a remixed or extended version lurking elsewhere.

• It's a start at least! :) thank you and love you for this.

Found it, kinda. It has that melody, but it doesn't have the powerful burst that the trailer has midway through. Perhaps there's a remixed or extended version lurking elsewhere.

• Thank You So Much!!!!!!! I love the song so much!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!! :smiley:

• Fair enough. Some things just don't resonate with people. Are you going to buy The Final Season? :smile:

Every clip was a scene I have seen so many times before. Nothing seemed very fresh, it's was all very much what I had expected to see when I first heard about the boarding school. As far as trailers go it wasn't bad, it just didn't do much for me.

• Oh of course, i may constantly shit on Telltale, but I'm still pretty damn attached to Clem. So I'm stuck.

Fair enough. Some things just don't resonate with people. Are you going to buy The Final Season?

• Cool!! Well I really hope you enjoy The Final Season :smile:

Oh of course, i may constantly shit on Telltale, but I'm still pretty damn attached to Clem. So I'm stuck.

• 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BITCHES!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.