TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Do you think it might cause rewrites for future episodes or is it too late for that?

Poogers555 posted: »

The leaks found in the files are 100% real. Telltale is too small to be wasting time making fake files for a demo. Like a fuck ton of shit leaked, basically the whole episode, they arnt going to include a whole fake episode in the files.

• Hope there won`t be rewrites, did not turn out well for ANF.

EbiManami posted: »

Do you think it might cause rewrites for future episodes or is it too late for that?

• How many rewrites were there for ANF?

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Hope there won`t be rewrites, did not turn out well for ANF.

• No, to my knowledge the leaks are basically all of episode 1. The only shit that leaked for further episodes is just the names of the episodes. They obviously cant rewrite episode 1, and nothing being leaked now will change in the final build. Its basically just everyone knows info about episode 1 a week ahead of time.

Do you think it might cause rewrites for future episodes or is it too late for that?

• There were some before episodes 1-2 release, and then afterwards pretty much all episodes were rewritten at some point.

How many rewrites were there for ANF?

• Rewrites in and of themselves aren't bad, per say. Indeed, there can be something minor in the plans that needs to be tweaked based on reasonable need.
    But yeah, ANF definitely took it to wtf levels.

Hope there won`t be rewrites, did not turn out well for ANF.

• Yup. The demand for the demo on PC was ridiculous. It was the exact same as the 15 minute demo just that you could click on 3 more things and it was 10 seconds longer. People who didnt play it on PC did not miss out on anything at all. Like I get it, you wanted to try it for yourself, but god damn you didnt miss out on anything at all, its was basically just rewatching the youtube video.

Or waited another week for when they play the real episode.

• Do you think some people wanted it for the intention of data mining? I don't know, just a random thought I had.

Yup. The demand for the demo on PC was ridiculous. It was the exact same as the 15 minute demo just that you could click on 3 more things an

• edited August 2018

No, definetly not. Rewrites happen all the time, but not because of leaks. They have their story plotted out and how good can a story truly be, if a leak for the first episode is enough to throw it all away.

A story has to work even if the twists are known. If it relies primarily on shock value, cliffhangers or twists, then it is probably not that good to beginn with.

• Guess Wolf was not so good to begin with, since they rewrote it after everyone guessed the killer and it was supposed to be a twist.

GSSalvador posted: »

No, definetly not. Rewrites happen all the time, but not because of leaks. They have their story plotted out and how good can a story truly

• Wait, was that actually the reason why that guy kept randomly showing up? I thought it just a red herring. I didn't even know they had rewrites.

Guess Wolf was not so good to begin with, since they rewrote it after everyone guessed the killer and it was supposed to be a twist.

• edited August 2018

As far as i know they rewrote it, because Bill Willingham didn't want them to include the Mundys as an essential part of the story, because that would've been way to early in the timeline of the comics.

Guess Wolf was not so good to begin with, since they rewrote it after everyone guessed the killer and it was supposed to be a twist.

• No, people were just mad that PC didnt get the demo so they basically just bullied Telltale into making the demo. A few people including me said it was very possible they didnt want to do that because it would probably leak but no one cared. But obviously once it was released on PC it leaked.

At the same time I almost feel like we cant blame Telltale for fucking up. They clearly didnt want to release a PC demo but were pressured into making one, and they had to keep it the same or they couldnt get the demo to work, the demo still required the full episode's data to run, but people kept complaining and they cant be wasting time changing the game up for a steam demo for 1 week so they just said fuck it.

Do you think some people wanted it for the intention of data mining? I don't know, just a random thought I had.

• Well there are different versions on that matter. I mean the character was called Cryer and the last episode is named Cry Wolf, I am pretty sure he was supposed to be the "serial killer" Bigby mentions in the preview for episode 2, and we never get that in the episode itself (as well as the mentioned serial killer, it turns out to be gang business). Mundys were cut too (original episode 3 slide) so we can only guess at this point.

As far as i know they rewrote it, because Bill Willingham didn't want them to include the Mundys as an essential part of the story, because that would've been way to early in the timeline of the comics.

• Are we 30 minutes away from the trailer?

• 20 for me. How long do you think the trailer is?

Are we 30 minutes away from the trailer?

• Yeah, knowing who the killer was by episode one would've probably weaken the whole game if it treated you like you didn't know.

Well there are different versions on that matter. I mean the character was called Cryer and the last episode is named Cry Wolf, I am pretty

• From my knowledge everything that was leaked was episode 1 (minus dialogue) and pieces from episode 2.

No further episodes have been leaked unless you count achievments (which makes sense as ep3 hasn't got much progress made)

• I`d say around a minute and a half

20 for me. How long do you think the trailer is?

• Agreed :)

Yeah, knowing who the killer was by episode one would've probably weaken the whole game if it treated you like you didn't know.

• To be fair, if we didn't datamine it ourselves, we have no way of being sure that the leaks were real, no matter what we see or how much anyone insists.

In any case, I don't blame anyone at Telltale. I knew this community was toxic. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Please don't tempt me. Please.

• I'm honestly surprised nobody's found a way to bypass the restriction by now.

To be fair, if we didn't datamine it ourselves, we have no way of being sure that the leaks were real, no matter what we see or how much any

• I'm honestly not sure what's funnier, the fact that exactly what people were saying would happen happened as soon as the demo hit PC, or the people complaining about the leaks that were previously asking to be PMed the leaks.

• I mean, they did left the file named "choices" right out there in the open in the demo folder. I am not blaming them, I believe people who whined about the demo on PC are to blame to be honest, this happening could have been seen from miles away.

To be fair, if we didn't datamine it ourselves, we have no way of being sure that the leaks were real, no matter what we see or how much any

• Oh my god, what? There was just a file straight up named "choices"? Yikes. You'd think they wouldn't just leave it right there.

I mean, they did left the file named "choices" right out there in the open in the demo folder. I am not blaming them, I believe people who whined about the demo on PC are to blame to be honest, this happening could have been seen from miles away.

• Right, we can't be sure that the leaks are real but then again, there is a high possibility they're and some of us (myself included) still are unaware of them just in case they turn out to be true.

• There was also one for relationships (in general that is) too beside it.

Oh my god, what? There was just a file straight up named "choices"? Yikes. You'd think they wouldn't just leave it right there.

• Oh yeah, I saw that, people were posting them on Tumblr as well.

There was also one for relationships (in general that is) too beside it.

• Well good for the people who asked for that, as the same jackass who sent me what I assume is a bullshit one did so three times.

I'm honestly not sure what's funnier, the fact that exactly what people were saying would happen happened as soon as the demo hit PC, or the people complaining about the leaks that were previously asking to be PMed the leaks.

• edited August 2018

BOOM! Lookin' for this?!

• Damn good trailer!

lupinb0y posted: »

BOOM! Lookin' for this?!

• edited August 2018

Not sure about this still. Trailer didnt really give any story details...still.

Im just really worried the plot of this game will feel aimless. I have no idea what the leaks are saying for the overall story, but I dont know. The lack of what the story "is" and even after this trailer still not knowing what this games plot is besides "Clem is in a boarding school and adults are bad." has me kinda worried that the story will like I said, feel aimless like its missing the point.

• They said the theme of that season is home, so you can guess yourself

Not sure about this still. Trailer didnt really give any story details...still. Im just really worried the plot of this game will feel ai

• That trailer doesn't give me a good feeling about Marlon.

• Again, still no real story details at all.

They said the theme of that season is home, so you can guess yourself

• Do you need a diagram on a story before you start it? They get to this place...it could be a new home, if only it could be secured...after years of running Clem is tired and wants a place for her and AJ. Hilarity ensues mixed with horror and terror...nightmares and events that will test our girl and her new friends.

Not sure about this still. Trailer didnt really give any story details...still. Im just really worried the plot of this game will feel ai

• edited August 2018

It's a pretty nice trailer.

My thoughts, while we wait for a proper thread

lupinb0y posted: »

BOOM! Lookin' for this?!

• Just a heads up - as expected, people are posting spoilers in the comment sections of the trailer.

• Its not about needing the story all typed out, its just there isnt a lot given to make me interested.

"Clem crashes her car and a boarding school saves her. Should she stay there? Adults are bad."

There just isnt that much there for something to justify needing another game to tell this "story." I can easily be wrong and they are keeping it unwraps for a reason, but for what we know now, Im afraid its gonna feel wasted.

Do you need a diagram on a story before you start it? They get to this place...it could be a new home, if only it could be secured...after

Sign in to comment in this discussion.