TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• edited August 2018

Apparently there are spoilers on Instagram...

• Fucking great. Stay classy TWDG fandom

• Please people dont srew this with spoilers
    But how people can know what happened in the first episode????

• Of course they're probably are.
    Things leak more than every female TWDG character combined nowaday.

• Guys twdfunfacts posted the “spoilers”, and it is about Lilly. But the page is saying that only based on the Story Builder, no one can confirm this.

• I see what you did there. I would get mad...but it was to laugh.

DabigRG posted: »

Of course they're probably are. Things leak more than every female TWDG character combined nowaday.

• The online generator isn't working on my phone ?

• The company itself telltalegames sent a spoiler in Story Builder with the choices about Lilly "indirectly saying that she will be in the game". So IDK about anything anymore.

• Unless theres like pics, I doubt its any real spoilers.

• So.... any predictions as to when the Trailer for Episode 1 of The Final Season will release? I think it may be on Tuesday :smile:

• I figure either on Tuesday or on the 13th.

So.... any predictions as to when the Trailer for Episode 1 of The Final Season will release? I think it may be on Tuesday

• The 13th? That is an odd date to release the trailer... But anything can happen I suppose

Plan_R posted: »

I figure either on Tuesday or on the 13th.

• It's definitely an odd date, but Telltale's marketing strategy has always struck me as odd. I can't remember which episode or season it was anymore, but I remember them dropping a trailer with barely anytime left before it released, maybe not the day before but definitely with less than a week to go.

The 13th? That is an odd date to release the trailer... But anything can happen I suppose

• As far as I know Telltale had always released their episodes on Tuesdays so there is no reason to change that tradition now.

So.... any predictions as to when the Trailer for Episode 1 of The Final Season will release? I think it may be on Tuesday

• They were talking about the trailer for the episode, but odder releases have happened. The Wolf Among Us's premiere came out on a Friday.

Tewudin posted: »

As far as I know Telltale had always released their episodes on Tuesdays so there is no reason to change that tradition now.

• Good point. I was referring to the trailer for Episode 1 as Telltale do usually drop trailers around early to midweek and I saw a couple of comments on Twitter where people say it may be on Wednesday or Thursday.

As far as I know Telltale had always released their episodes on Tuesdays so there is no reason to change that tradition now.

• Okay but I thought Telltale already released a trailer for this season. Two of them actually - one was an announcement and the other was the proper episode trailer, I think. I don't think Telltale is going to release another one. Well, maybe accolades trailer but that is after episode release.

Good point. I was referring to the trailer for Episode 1 as Telltale do usually drop trailers around early to midweek and I saw a couple of comments on Twitter where people say it may be on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Now that I think of it maybe the previous trailer we got was the Episode 1 trailer but it wasn't titled as the Episode 1 trailer. Hopefully we receive one more trailer so to have the hype as high as possible ahead of the release of Episode 1

Okay but I thought Telltale already released a trailer for this season. Two of them actually - one was an announcement and the other was the

• Im hoping there is a determinant piece of dialogue in TFS where if you sided with Clem every time like I did. She says "I didn't want to go back to Richmond because that Javier guy weirded me out. I swear I could have told him to kill his entire family and gouge out his eyes and he would have done it".

• To be fair, I for one hope they won't. If they do, I will probably watch it and I want to save as much as I can for my playthrough. :D

Now that I think of it maybe the previous trailer we got was the Episode 1 trailer but it wasn't titled as the Episode 1 trailer. Hopefully we receive one more trailer so to have the hype as high as possible ahead of the release of Episode 1

• That trailer they show for sdcc was a teaser not the launch trailer for episode 1 and one of the staff Said that we will get the full trailer for episode 1 before August 14

Okay but I thought Telltale already released a trailer for this season. Two of them actually - one was an announcement and the other was the

• It is usually a week before the release or 5 days before

• I actually got frustrated while watching them. It was hilarious but the constant deaths made me facepalm. They may practice for when Episode 1 drops :joy:

Veeeee posted: »

I don’t watch let’s play videos that often but the segment of this video I have linked is one of the most entertaining things I have seen in

• edited August 2018

That girl in the video is hilarious. Throughout the entire video she jumps at everything even the car at the very beginning. Just watch her hands on the controller as she is mashing the QTEs, she is so into it!?

I actually got frustrated while watching them. It was hilarious but the constant deaths made me facepalm. They may practice for when Episode 1 drops

• Oh man that would be perfection!

Im hoping there is a determinant piece of dialogue in TFS where if you sided with Clem every time like I did. She says "I didn't want to go

• And I gladly would have. Hell I wouldn’t have even needed Clem’s permission to go ahead and do all that.

Im hoping there is a determinant piece of dialogue in TFS where if you sided with Clem every time like I did. She says "I didn't want to go

• I hope your family is cool with that.

And I gladly would have. Hell I wouldn’t have even needed Clem’s permission to go ahead and do all that.

• Eh, it’s Javi’s family, I don’t give a shit if they’re cool with it or not.

DabigRG posted: »

I hope your family is cool with that.

• Don't grammar your way out of this one, pronoun.

Eh, it’s Javi’s family, I don’t give a shit if they’re cool with it or not.

• Is 400 Days even worth playing through at this point? I keep holding out hope that we'll see the crew again but I honestly think it's not worth replaying for the 400th time when I'm going through every season. It's even better when I know my "canon" ending I'm going with for Season 2 just keeps getting shafted so I'm having a damned if I do damned if I don't moment.

• Its a solid standalone experience but worthwhile haha naaaah.

TrashJesus2 posted: »

Is 400 Days even worth playing through at this point? I keep holding out hope that we'll see the crew again but I honestly think it's not wo

• Cant wait for this "Surprise"

• Hmm & I recall reading somewhere on here that we shouldn't take staff social media accounts seriously. :dizzy:

Episode 2 is already in the works

• I think I may have read the same thing. Although for this particular tweet it does pretty much confirm that Telltale are working on the physical/gameplay aspects of Episode 2 as they may have the script for Episode 2 wrapped up and awaiting player feedback and choices to make some adjustments to the storyline. I could be wrong though

Hmm & I recall reading somewhere on here that we shouldn't take staff social media accounts seriously.

• In terms of script, Tellalte always has it's pretty much done before even the release of the first episode. Actually, it's more complicated than that. In some interview a few years back (I think), they said that they have an idea for a story overall, they've a script, everything but they're changing it episode after episode base on the feedback and decisions made by players.

I think I may have read the same thing. Although for this particular tweet it does pretty much confirm that Telltale are working on the phys

• I hope The Final Season has achievement pictures instead of the numbered achievements.

• Yeah I meant to say that although I left it out.... my bad. But thank you :smile:

In terms of script, Tellalte always has it's pretty much done before even the release of the first episode. Actually, it's more complicated

• Oh shit, you're right! What the hell?

I hope The Final Season has achievement pictures instead of the numbered achievements.

• edited August 2018

Dang, you are right and I wonder if somebody actually provided telltale with this feedback, becuase it was really nice touch in the overall experience from their older games and made it feel like they actually cared for the game they were creating. Please, make this happen Telltale

With only numbers in achievement/trophy illustration, it creates feeling like they didn’t think through the overall narrative.

I hope The Final Season has achievement pictures instead of the numbered achievements.

• Yeah, I still can't help but think that, The Rewind Feature&Save File Chapter Pics, and the Next Time segments were removed for that exact reason.

Fury2014 posted: »

Dang, you are right and I wonder if somebody actually provided telltale with this feedback, becuase it was really nice touch in the overall

Sign in to comment in this discussion.