TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• That's mostly what I'm looking foward too. Seeing if I can even properly run it.

Sooooo... was mostlypoptarts Alluding to a PC demo? its already past 10am pst (She did say later today though). I just want to see how my PC will be able to run the game.

• In my original walkthrough I let Kenny kill Jane and then I shot Kenny; any word on why that wasn't a choice in this story builder? Just a minor nuisance to me, specifically.

Whether you choose to stop Kenny or not, the following choice is staying with them or going alone. Edit: clarity

• edited August 2018

Whoa whoa whoa where'd all this story generator stuff come from?

All I see in the comments is Caroline teasing some surprise and then out of nowhere people start posting story generator posters. And then later, she posts something about an online generator

What is going on??!

• I saw this on Instagram, didn't even bother with since I already know what my Clem is like personality and stuff lol (since I played through all the seasons up to 3 at this point) I think those story generators are for new folks who have developed interests into TWD TTGs and the final season one too, since maybe they don't want to go through the games to catch up and understand, maybe they just want to jump right in, but hey to each their own I guess, TTG decided to make things easier for newcomers though.

• Same here, but I didn't let my clem go into Wellington, instead i chose to stay with Kenny

Megaodg33 posted: »

In my original walkthrough I let Kenny kill Jane and then I shot Kenny; any word on why that wasn't a choice in this story builder? Just a minor nuisance to me, specifically.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Heads up: the PC surprise I mentioned might be tomorrow.

...Surprise? Haha.

• edited August 2018

Thanks for letting us know now than later at least hehe.

Heads up: the PC surprise I mentioned might be tomorrow. ...Surprise? Haha.

• Well, I haven't seen it, but everyone's saying that certain choices focus significantly on Lily. Now, I'm not gonna say they'll bring her back, because for all we know those choices could either be small references (or not referenced at all)

But if Lily does return... Telltale, why you have to spoil this? If this does end up spoiling her return, then that's pretty dumb how this supposed surprise is revealed 2 weeks earlier due to a choice checklist.
    What they should do is make the story generator be full of previous choices, so that you can fill in your own story. The only thing is that there should be a guarantee that not all of the choices will be relevant. So, we could have red herrings like having multiple character fate choices, but no guarantee that those choices are relevant. Just that they're a part of your past.

• edited August 2018

This is #MyClementine :smile: :heart:

"You approach survival pragmatically, favoring diplomacy over brutality. You generally do what's best for everyone, even if that involves a personal sacrifice."

• edited August 2018

Do these four characters have names? @mostlypoptarts

• Nope, you got Selfless. Go back and try again.

This is #MyClementine "You approach survival pragmatically, favoring diplomacy over brutality. You generally do what's best for everyone, even if that involves a personal sacrifice."

• Thank You so much man!! I finally got to share my Clementine :smile:

patrickrc95 posted: »

It should let you download the image. Right Click it. Copy Image Address. Click the arrow next to the Image Url then paste it.

• That is exactly my style of play in The Walking Dead. No need to change it :smile:

Plan_R posted: »

Nope, you got Selfless. Go back and try again.

• Well then, my Brutal Clem would like to borrow your Selfless Clem's gun, knife and boots, for an undetermined amount of time. :)

That is exactly my style of play in The Walking Dead. No need to change it

• edited August 2018

Walker bait 1, 2, 3, and 4

• edited August 2018

I think that is fair enough.. Just don't get blood on my boots okay? :smiley:

Well then, my Brutal Clem would like to borrow your Selfless Clem's gun, knife and boots, for an undetermined amount of time.

• Square deal, I agree to your terms.

I think that is fair enough.. Just don't get blood on my boots okay?

• Pleasure doing business with you :smile: Enjoy

Square deal, I agree to your terms.

• I hope Telltale uses this kind of recaps in following seasons of other games. The art work is beautiful (totally comic book-y) and is much more interesting than the “simple” recap on Season 2.
    Imagine The Wolf Among Us 2 with it in a complete comic book style!

• edited August 2018

The "Simple" recap had to be recreated using the updated models and tech for season 2. It was anything but simple, but I do get what you mean.

Box Tv posted: »

I hope Telltale uses this kind of recaps in following seasons of other games. The art work is beautiful (totally comic book-y) and is much m

• Hmmmmm curious ...what could it be..I am thinking some fine ass Desktop posters!

Heads up: the PC surprise I mentioned might be tomorrow. ...Surprise? Haha.

• Can`t wait to tell Lilly that Ben was the traitor!

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

We're bringing back Clippy. You heard it here first! :joy:

Hmmmmm curious ...what could it be..I am thinking some fine ass Desktop posters!

• Clippy: The Untold Story - The Telltale Series confirmed.

We're bringing back Clippy. You heard it here first!

• It'll be the saltiest 'I told you so' of all time

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Can`t wait to tell Lilly that Ben was the traitor!

• LoL She would say that Carley was wrong to defend him and that She was right!

Cheddarhead posted: »

It'll be the saltiest 'I told you so' of all time

• Crazy rumor going around saying kid in the back Gabe

• Probably the only time I'll ever throw Ben under the bus. Or RV.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Can`t wait to tell Lilly that Ben was the traitor!

• If she does come back, I want to see her reaction when Clem tells her what happened to Lee and Kenny.

• This generator is a bit problematic because, let's imagine that I've played S1 & S2 and then, I lost my saves so I used the S3 generator to continue my story and for S4, i'll use my S3 save, created with the generator. The problem is, in the S3 generator, there is no mention of who did Lee save, if he left Lilly behind or not, what was the last thing he taught to Clementine, etc. So, does people who used the S3 generator to create their saves will have to use the S4 generator too ? Or, thoses choices will be randomized ?

• I got brutal, the whole video got me so hyped for the final season, especially the ending. I cant wait to play

• Im having the exact same problem. Lost my S1 and S2 save, so I just used the generator instead, but the generator mentions nothing about Lee's last words, Carly or Doug, and the Lily choice. Not sure what Im going to do now.

Sora_gameZ posted: »

This generator is a bit problematic because, let's imagine that I've played S1 & S2 and then, I lost my saves so I used the S3 generator

• edited August 2018

The Story Creator serves to reinforce the important choices from the past seasons, for example, when transferring the save there may be some error in the important choices you made that go to season 4. It also serves for those who lost the save.
    The choices of all games and story creator are going to TFS. The regeneration of the third season will be along with the fourth season.

• Alright! I played the demo, and it's gooood. There are easily about 20-30 minutes worth of content in that first scene alone!
    So, what'd I think of it?

• Fun fact: On the PS4's main menu, if you down into the game's details page (just press down when highlighting the game), there's some interesting new, original music. Telltale's games usually don't have that there.
    • The Pause screen looks nice. It plays the Season 1 theme and is reminiscent of Season 2/ANF with a key logo. Hopefully, it's more reminiscent of Season 2, where each episode has a unique key item or location featured in the pause screen.

• DISCO BROCCOLI SPINOFF PLZ

• There's a noticeable lack of dialogue prompts for this game. You don't get to answer as many questions or comment on the environment as much as you used to. (Maybe this means there's more focus on dialogue, making them matter more... I did realize that a lot of the dialogue is AJ-centric, and mostly shapes either him or conversations -"Hey, you swore earlier!" -"Oh Shoot/Fuck.")
    • I like the new camera stuff. It has more of an emphasis on exploration, given that you have to look around a lot more at stuff.
    • Someone please help: Can you get AJ to swing on the tire? I wanted him to, but he said "I'll do it after we've cleared this place", and I already did clear the outside of zombies! Maybe you can get back out after finding the tied-up zombies indoors... hmmm. It just seemed like an interesting side-activity.
    • The inventory with added descriptions is nice, but we can't look at it whenever we want. In fact, we can't look at it at all. I want to know what items I have...
    • The new QTE Camera angle is kinda disorienting, but I'll probably get used to it. I'm way too used to the simple point-and-click reticle.
    • ...I'm going to be playing this again for sure.

So, yeah. It was fun to play, can't wait for the real thing!

• edited August 2018

Aj's definition of clearing the place likely meant checking the inside of the building too, and once your inside the place there's no going back out sadly. As for the lack of dialog trees I think this intro was more about showcasing the new mechanics rather than piling on tons of trees which I'm sure will creep in a lot more frequently after the intro.

AChicken posted: »

Alright! I played the demo, and it's gooood. There are easily about 20-30 minutes worth of content in that first scene alone! So, what'd I

• THAT DEMO YES LORD YES, being able to control the camera, the comic book graphics and the QTEs are fun.I CANT WAIT

• edited August 2018

I don’t watch let’s play videos that often but the segment of this video I have linked is one of the most entertaining things I have seen in a long time. @MostlyPoptarts I know you and the rest of Telltale are pretty busy but if you guys find any downtime I bet you and a lot of others from Telltale would get a kick out of it! ?

EDIT: In case the link doesn't skip properly skip to the 19 minute mark, that's when it really gets good! ?

• edited August 2018

Could someone send me a hi-res copy of the Brutal poster from the story generator? I've already got Loyalty, Selfless and Righteous so I just need Brutal :P

• I want answers for kenny's hat >:(

• MRW I'm gone from the forums for 1 day and when I return there is a new story generator, Lilly is confirmed for TFS, and people are pissed off about Kenny's hat,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.