TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• There are apparently 32 different poster variations that are available. But then again, this is the company that said there were going to be 42 different versions of Clementine in ANF.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I feel like the only ones everyone is getting are Loyal and Righteous.

• I think I was the only selfless posted so far.

• That would be Todd Pound.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

That was phenomenal. Give the guy who made that a raise Telltale

• Im assuming this is what the story generator is going to be in game as well.

Yes it will

The Story Builder will also be available within The Final Season and will be localized in multiple languages for launch.

And oh yeah, Lilly is definitely returning.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well that was pretty cool, Im assuming this is what the story generator is going to be in game as well. I guess my Clem is loyal lmao I f

• Todd pound. Did he not know a Wellington ending existed?

That would be Todd Pound.

• As far as I’ve seen, there’s only Loyal, Brutal, Righteous, and Selfless.

I've seen Brutal and I think one other so far

• edited August 2018

I think 32 means different choices variations that we can make (counting ALL choices in the generator). But they all fall into 4 categories: Loyal, Brutal, Righteous and Selfless.

• edited August 2018

nvm

• From what I can tell there's 8 variations of the Righteous poster, so I'll assume 4 different Word posters, with 8 different variations.

There are apparently 32 different poster variations that are available. But then again, this is the company that said there were going to be 42 different versions of Clementine in ANF.

• I hope not :smiley: I replayed the series with The Collection I got with the preorder.... And my save files got fucked...

That seemed pretty brief, guessing no save file imports?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think there are 4 different categories with the images in the middle changing depending on your choices, below are few different verations of the “Loyal” poster with the different choices.

The changes are only subtle unless you look closely, there will be lots more changes between all the posters but there are too many to add here.

There are apparently 32 different poster variations that are available. But then again, this is the company that said there were going to be 42 different versions of Clementine in ANF.

• The blog they posted says that there will be a local save file import from both The Collection and regular ANF

I hope not I replayed the series with The Collection I got with the preorder.... And my save files got fucked...

• You mean, if the Cloud or whatever is turned on?

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

It IS the story generator. It is linked to your Telltale account and will be used when you star a new game.

• If you log in to Telltale account in the Final Season you can choose it there. Read this post for more info: https://telltale.com/news/2018/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-importing-saves-to-the-walking-dead-the-final-season/

DabigRG posted: »

You mean, if the Cloud or whatever is turned on?

• Sorry to link it like this but
    https://cdn.telltalegames.com/resources/walkingdead/storybuilder/posters/3000px/loyalClementine_08.jpg
    There are 8 for each one, we have 4, and 4 * 8 means 32, we got all the posters by now.

OzzyUK posted: »

I think there are 4 different categories with the images in the middle changing depending on your choices, below are few different verations

• There is probably only 4 names, with a total of 8 different variations of the pics that are inside of the Clem shadow, making 23 "different" posters. So in reality its 4 lmao

• Don;t know if I'm doing that, as I was referring to my ANF saves, but thanks!

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

If you log in to Telltale account in the Final Season you can choose it there. Read this post for more info: https://telltale.com/news/2018/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-importing-saves-to-the-walking-dead-the-final-season/

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited August 2018

Chasing the answer for you now :)

Edit: I should read more closely I guess, blame it being 9am :joy: You'll be able to choose which data point you want to use in-game!

Also though, apparently doing that video linked it to my account, but I still have my ANF save files... @mostlypoptarts any word on if that should matter at all? Dont want my saves to somehow get corrupted lmao

There may be a PC surprise today as well. Sorry for being quiet on that front.

Got another TWD surprise for you folks tomorrow at 8am PT. Hint: it has to do with save data. Look forward to jumping back in the forums tomorrow * *PC PLAYERS NEED NOT APPLY

• Can you answer why Wellington wasn't in the choice generator? Can we still choose that we went there instead of going with Kenny?

Chasing the answer for you now Edit: I should read more closely I guess, blame it being 9am You'll be able to choose which data point you want to use in-game!

• Pog ?

There may be a PC surprise today as well. Sorry for being quiet on that front.

• Does the save from the demo carry over to the full game?

• I Got Brutal:

• You have to replay it, since when u started the demo you didn't have any previous season choices imported.
    Also did anyone notice how Lilly related choices were highlighted in the generator?
    ;) ;)
    And on season 2 only the endings, ignoring other s2 choices? ;)

Bigby315 posted: »

Does the save from the demo carry over to the full game?

edited August 2018

Whether you choose to stop Kenny or not, the following choice is staying with them or going alone.

Edit: clarity

Can you answer why Wellington wasn't in the choice generator? Can we still choose that we went there instead of going with Kenny?

• I hope that's demo on PC, OMG!

Pog ?

• So if we went to Wellington then we can't have our Clem with the scar? And Kenny's hat won't appear?

Whether you choose to stop Kenny or not, the following choice is staying with them or going alone. Edit: clarity

BIG LINK DUMP FOLLOWING:

Don't have a local save file for A New Frontier? Don't want to upload saves? Use the Story Builder: http://telltale.com/storybuilder

For all other save info, read our blog here: https://telltale.com/news/2018/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-importing-saves-to-the-walking-dead-the-final-season/

Should you have any questions outside of that, support@telltale.com will be able to help!

• Guess it means Wellington wont be talked about. Im more confused about how if you say you stayed with Kenny it doesnt come up though, is the game just going to assume if you stayed with Kenny it means you stayed with him at the very end too? Kinda worrisome it means things like Kenny wont be brought up. Also RIP Kenny hat.

Can you answer why Wellington wasn't in the choice generator? Can we still choose that we went there instead of going with Kenny?

• Maybe older choices also reflect what u did in the s2 ending, if u went with kenny etc, since S2 ending and S1 affect the whole what Clementine u have, brutal, loyal etc.

Guess it means Wellington wont be talked about. Im more confused about how if you say you stayed with Kenny it doesnt come up though, is the

• No idea. I kinda wish for the story gen Telltale just made a simple list of the main choices from the seasons and you just tag the one you did. Right now Im worried if I should just use the story gen due to it having a focus on Carley/Doug and Lilly (meaning I think Lilly will probably return because of that) but at the same time I had to use the story gen for ANF, which doesnt ask about Lilly and Carley/Doug, and I dont want to start playing and have Lilly saying she killed Doug and stole the van lmao

Assuming Lilly is in it. Help Im overthinking.

Maybe older choices also reflect what u did in the s2 ending, if u went with kenny etc, since S2 ending and S1 affect the whole what Clementine u have, brutal, loyal etc.

• Quick question: Which ANF choices do you think will be the most important for TFS?

• None.

Quick question: Which ANF choices do you think will be the most important for TFS?

• edited August 2018

The history about Lilly, Carley and Doug its the same when you find Kenny, when he said about Lee, Katjaa, Duck and Ben. Are choices that make part of the history.

No idea. I kinda wish for the story gen Telltale just made a simple list of the main choices from the seasons and you just tag the one you d

• Well considering the story generator included Spit at David/Say goodbye to AJ, my guess is that this one will be the most important. Although after I heard that Clem is going to play cards with the new kinds I immediately thought of a pack of cards Gabe can give her if he dies in ANF. So I thought that at least would have been mentioned if you locally transfer your save files.

Quick question: Which ANF choices do you think will be the most important for TFS?

• I'm worried for everyone that had anything to do with the Wellington ending, especially since the generator prefers the Leave AJ vs. Spit at David choice.

• I guess if you have Wellington ending save you can still transfer that. Although it is rather inconvenient.

I'm worried for everyone that had anything to do with the Wellington ending, especially since the generator prefers the Leave AJ vs. Spit at David choice.

• Sorry Im being a little slow, I dont get what you're saying, find Kenny where and when?

The history about Lilly, Carley and Doug its the same when you find Kenny, when he said about Lee, Katjaa, Duck and Ben. Are choices that make part of the history.

• I'm guessing that if I choose to import ANF's save file, that comes with my original S1 and S2 saves as well?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.