Episode 1 "Done Running" SPOILER Discussion

Comments

• Louis best boi!!!!

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Louis is my new son.

• Great start. I liked the twist with Marlon being a total coward, his breakdown was a pretty believable one although him pinning Brody's murder on Clementine was a bit predictable. I also shoved the false Nate (forgot his name) into the herd. If he somehow survives that like Kenny did a facepalm will follow. Still a great episode and my interest has been reinstated. 9.5/10

• I personally think Marlon came across fine, you know?

He's been leading these children for years out in a forest, scavenging, trying to keep his best friend alive, no parents, making due, befriending a deadly dog, and keeping together people with very low temperments. And he obviously regretted the deal with Tenn's sisters the past year. Just heavily broken up about it, how it ate at his psyche.

He's pleading with you, asking for help with food and trying to survive the day by day. He's got traps to set-up, for fishing, walkers, animals that remain and so on. And killing walkers, making sure they have arrows, water, weapons and so on. Trying not to lose anyone under his charge, as leader. Listening to their pleas, keeping track. And each day seeing the impact of trading away two children. And Brody knew about it. Likely very close to Marlon. And she was prone to panicking, coming unhinged. Ate at her.

So when he ends up KILLING someone, and the thing he's been putting together for YEARS threatens to crumble around him, especially with the potential of him DYING, as a result? How his friends are going to see him for who he really is, despite his best intentions and doing what he could? He goes off the walls.

He's prone to anger after all. And he was panicking, and AJ had a gun pointed at him. Trying to salvage a situation and keep everything the same. It didn't work obviously. It all snowballed stupid fast after he tried to kill Clem.

• AJ did literally nothing wrong, Marlon deserved it.

• There's no way marlon could've been redeemed.

• Anybody know when the next episode releases xd?

• edited August 2018

Holy shit Marlon was one of the best characters omg what a great job telltale It was an awesome chapter
    I didn't expect that ending

• I´m dissappointed in the dog. Didn´t even protect his owner. Stupid mutt.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2018

I'm no expert on the subject here, but I'm pretty sure it'd be difficult for a dog to break a chain leash that is tied around a 3 feet thick pillar of concrete. Well, at least not without the dog ripping its own head off in the process.

Onmens posted: »

I´m dissappointed in the dog. Didn´t even protect his owner. Stupid mutt.

• Was gonna say; he's leashed up.

Deltino posted: »

I'm no expert on the subject here, but I'm pretty sure it'd be difficult for a dog to break a chain leash that is tied around a 3 feet thick pillar of concrete. Well, at least not without the dog ripping its own head off in the process.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Wouldn't be a problem for Bigby.

Deltino posted: »

• In case anyone here tries to argue that Marlon is just misunderstood:

If you don't appeal to someone in time, he murders Clem for a crime he knows she didn't do. Look at that evil grin on his face before he kills her. I'm glad AJ put a bullet in his brain.

• Agreed, fuck him. I was surprised there was no option for her to have him executed

BC_Guy posted: »

In case anyone here tries to argue that Marlon is just misunderstood: If you don't appeal to someone in time, he murders Clem for a c

• Going to go ahead and predict now that you AJ apologists are going to be as bad as the Joker apologists by the time this season is finished.

• edited August 2018

But I wanted him alive so I can sell him out to Abel's group.

AJ did literally nothing wrong, Marlon deserved it.

• I was disappointed how rushed it was at the end with some parts but I'm startin to love AJ though haha

• I learn somethin new everyday. Kinda like how Hank from Detroit Become Human is Mr Krabs xd

CathalOHara posted: »

He was fantastic! Same guy who plays Noctis in Final Fantasy XV, Ray Chase.

• I know that I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I think that AJ is a little shit. In my playthrough I chose to exile Marlon and AJ still shot him. He is very impulsive and dangerous. I feel like this is gonna go towards a Mika/Lizzie/Carol situation

• edited August 2018

Dont worry a lo of people are having hate to AJ ( Im in this group) I like marlon even when he goes crazy I think he could have more developer but Bang he dies, and there are other people that are liking more AJ because of killing Marlon because he was going crazy and killing his friends etc....
    So I can understand both bands the people who hates aj and the people who dont

devilshomie posted: »

I know that I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I think that AJ is a little shit. In my playthrough I chose to exile Marlon and AJ s

• Lee killing someone threatening Clem: No one bats an eye

AJ killing someone threatening Clem: Everyone loses their minds

• Correction AJ killing someone who had already surrendered/clearly announced they'd given up*

hopefulfx posted: »

Lee killing someone threatening Clem: No one bats an eye AJ killing someone threatening Clem: Everyone loses their minds

• edited August 2018

Curious if a returning character will be part of this Bandit group.

• This kind of open forum is emotional......

• AJ's people skills and public relations department need to take a course in law lol...when it has been mostly he and Clem against the world...I think he has a hard time telling the difference between dangerous and subdued...his training is monsters die...that probably included live ones. Not saying it was right...but well he needs to learn better and learn mercy.

Correction AJ killing someone who had already surrendered/clearly announced they'd given up*

• Marlon gave up tenn's sisters, lied about it, chickened out of making a plan to save them, kills brody, locks clem inside with a brody who was going to turn, blames clem for something he did, and was going to give up clem and aj. And he kills clem for something she didn't do and has a grin on his face before doing it. Where is the room for redemption? what is there to like? how can anyone feel sorry for him?

Dont worry a lo of people are having hate to AJ ( Im in this group) I like marlon even when he goes crazy I think he could have more develo

• edited August 2018

I hope by Episode 4 that Minerva and Sophie will show up, because revealing they are alive and they not doing anything is pointless

• A threat that given up is still a threat.

Correction AJ killing someone who had already surrendered/clearly announced they'd given up*

• Not to mention when Clem ask AJ to go away. he just shot her even if she wasn't coming closer.

BC_Guy posted: »

In case anyone here tries to argue that Marlon is just misunderstood: If you don't appeal to someone in time, he murders Clem for a c

• edited August 2018

You can't actually use non canon deaths as a way to judge Marlon's character. That's just a garbage way of trying to pad your point of view with more evidence.

• I don't want to argue or anything but I just don't agree that Marlon was THAT horrible. He was leading the group for years and tried to keep it going then one day he made a horrible mistake by giving those two girls away but then again he was probably around 16 when this happend and desperate and cowardly and didn't really know what to do ( if it was me I couldn't hold the guilt in but) and then Clem comes and in 2 days she just destroys everything he's been trying to keep going (not saying in a good way). Does anyone remember how Clem accidently shot that guy with the bullets? I don't see anyone saying she's horrible for that. Marlon also killed Brody on accident after some good 20 minutes of shouting considering he had some anger-issues he's been trying to keep it under control quite well. Didn't Rick Grimes order his group to kill dozens of people in their frickin sleep ? Is somebody calling him terrible? Yes what Marlon did was horrible and cowardly but not everyone can be as selfless and heroic as how many main protagonists are portraid. If it was me or some girl who've I've known for 2 days I'd probably choose me too you know even tho the guilt would probably eat me alive.

• I applaud AJ. I just wish I could've bashed Marlon head in a bit more though.

• Why not? It shows is that he was willing to kill an innocent individual had someone he saw as a friend not stepped in between them.

AnimalBoy posted: »

You can't actually use non canon deaths as a way to judge Marlon's character. That's just a garbage way of trying to pad your point of view with more evidence.

• So I actually really enjoyed the episode a lot, it definitely went a different route than I was expecting. However I do have one issue, which is the third act.

Marlon's sudden swap to being bad seemed...off. I guess they were semi hinting earlier he was behind something greater, but I guess it felt kinda rushed that he was revealed to have done this bad shit and just be some fucking lunatic, but then he just dies no matter what right after which is what made it feel kinda off to me. Also the fact Aj kills him no matter what was kinda dumb. Apparently Aj always kills him so its a bit annoying with the whole "Aj learns from you" but taking non violent options still leads to him just killing him.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode a lot. Already a massive improvement over ANF. But like I said, only thing that bugged me was Marlon suddenly becoming a psycho and Aj killing him no matter what.

• Bruh, Omar's group? This man just out here cookin shit

AronDracula posted: »

But I wanted him alive so I can sell him out to Abel's group.

• I got an ending where Aj puts a slug through his head after I first convinced him to admit what he did, but than tried telling him he was ok to stay and we could fix it. Then AJ put a round through his brain on some 50 Cent shit. I'm pissed at him for it because he's been desperately trying to make the group hate him and question Clem. I just wish he'd back off a bit and let the adults do their business. I've spent the whole game telling him to F off and he still goes rambo. But I guess he was just trying to help.

Is there anyway to have an not shoot marlon

• edited August 2018

Jeez there’s so much to talk about it would take forever to say everything so I won’t. That fucking ending, I was about to let Marlon stick around give him a second chance he over reacted and we kinda had another David situation. I literally dropped my controller when it happened it disconnected before I could even see that AJ was the one that shot him. Also the combat, the art style, the new camera physics, the explanation, all such an improvement this allows telltale to keep up with current games in the same genre, this new direction will keep me playing their games for awhile because I thought I would be done with telltale by the end of Wolf S2. I was one of the few people who liked ANF but this episode alone destoyed a new frontier, seems telltale is trying to forget the events of it because most of it could be skipped over. The only thing I didn’t like (which I’m sure will be explained more as the season goes on) is how we barley were told about anything that happened at macaroll ranch besides bloodshed that’s all that was mentioned. Louis is also my favorite, love his character and definitely a love interest if possible. A phenomenal episode though.

• Well, First Episode was incredible! :)

The new combat system takes getting used to and it kinda sucks it isn't an easy 1000 achievment points like last entries but it also pushes you to explore.

The animation is god damn flawless imo, and Clem's character design is amazing. The way Telltale captured the glow in character's eyes, especially clems. How the light reflects. The animation style in 4k HDR looked incredible. Like actually reading the walking dead comics but better.

I love the motherly role Clementine plays throughout, and the plot thus far. It's been amazing. Now to wait till episode 2 :(

• Like Andy St. John...(determinantly)

• Louis was my favorite the minute he sang to Clem.

lottii-lu posted: »

Louis best boi!!!!

• Well he only got grabbed by 2 and he's never shown getting bit. We've seen characters survive worse such as tyreese in the gym

Clemenem posted: »

Great start. I liked the twist with Marlon being a total coward, his breakdown was a pretty believable one although him pinning Brody's murd

Sign in to comment in this discussion.