Episode 1 "Done Running" SPOILER Discussion

Comments

• edited August 2018

I agree with just about everything. Marlon was in the wrong, but it's not like there were any option to win in the first place. The situation was all the way fcked for Marlon. This is much like the situation with Javi, Joan, Tripp, and Ava. Having to pick one life over the other is a devastating situation to be in and I definitely don't envy Marlon's position on the matter. He did what he thought he had to, to protect the majority. Still, his actions toward the end can't be excused, not like anyone is trying to though.

AJ's actions can't be excused either, even if he was in the right. There's something that Felix said in Tales from the Borderlands in Ep 1. "You'll always be able to talk yourself out of more situations that you can shoot your way out of." That applies to AJ. AJ criticized me for letting that guy go with some food, calling that a soft act. I would've liked to respond by telling him it's not about being tough or being soft. It's about choosing the smartest method for survival. A method that involves the least amount of conflict and saves the most lives in the scenario.

For sake of argument, say Clem is negotiating with the adults, and AJ just randomly opens fire on one of them in a vulnerable situation simply because they're a threat to Clem's safety. Does that make the situation better? I hope everyone says no to that question. AJ is young so he doesn't know what it means to have rational thought, which is why he must be disciplined NOW. Even if shooting Marlon was the correct choice, it can't be encouraged in later scenarios.

There come the passionate apologists, if we had the option to torture Marlon for weeks and let the walkers slowly eat him to death people wo

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

Really looking forward to taking these kids to the dark side. Asim and Mitch have real potential as minions, Violet is a mini Clem so lots of potential there, Louis could be a problem but I'll get him to come around. And boy that AJ is sure coming along nicely. This is going to be a really good gang for Clem, Lilly's group is absolutely fucked, I'm going make this get messy.

• edited August 2018

I feel like the kids Marlon gave away are still alive. I doubt that the raiders would ask for them just to kill them. Though if that is the case then what happened to them is probably far worse.

• Totally agree. But Louis is every bit as kind and friendly, if not more. Both have shown AJ and Clem genuine kindness. I just slightly prefer Louis because Clem deserves to act like a child every now and again. A healthy balance of fun and responsibility is good for her.

hs19940 posted: »

And that's why i pick violet, she's so kind and friendly towards clem, louis is a bit too out there and goofy(which isn't bad), I just think having a friendly approach towards clem is slightly better.

• I didn't get that vibe. I didn't find it overdone or forced at all. And I don't see why people try to connect Ellie and Clem so much. Even if Clem does turn out to fall for Violet, the correlations run dry at them being gay girls in a apocolypse. They have almost nothing in common.

As for the ship, I currently am on the boarding station with one ticket waiting for Violetine or Clouis to make me aboard their ship. I'm more on the Violetine side though because Violet has this deeper layer, a mystique about her. Louis seems predictable and even though he's cunning and sweet and certainly a nice guy, I think Violet adds depth and this exploration layer into getting to know her better. She also seems very intentively observant of Clem as a person.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m gonna be “that guy” and ask: who are you gonna romance? Violet or Louis? None? I’m leaning more towards Louis since he’s my favorite

• Can I just say, when Clem was beating Brody's face in with the flashlight, I fucking love how the blood turns the light red and gives that eerie effect. Best part in the episode, by far.

• That was a nice touch.

EbiManami posted: »

Can I just say, when Clem was beating Brody's face in with the flashlight, I fucking love how the blood turns the light red and gives that eerie effect. Best part in the episode, by far.

• Agreed, the basement scene was the first time a TWD game has made me genuinely afraid and uneasy in a long time. I was playing in the dark and the music and running up the stares with the ruler and then the lightning strikes revealing Brody's zombie face behind you. Man that was well done.

Can I just say, when Clem was beating Brody's face in with the flashlight, I fucking love how the blood turns the light red and gives that eerie effect. Best part in the episode, by far.

• I am somewhat disappointed Brody died. I get that it was necessary for the story, but still... Her panic attack, and her freaking out about Clem seeing someone, make so much more sense after the reveal. If Marlon could do it once, he could certainly do it again. And Brody is almost certainly freaking out because it could be her next...

As for Violet and Loius, well... I like the idea of Violet and Clem getting closer, but with Minnie likely being alive that is going to be somewhat problematic. Especially since if she turns up, I have no doubt we are going to get the choice to kill her or leave her to die or something...

I am also pretty curious as to how many on Clem's actions can be interpreted by AJ as "it is perfectly okay to execute an disarmed person when I am speaking to them."

• Something similar to the basement scene should've happened to marlon. He got off quick and easy when aj killed him.

• I have a question.

Supposedly, it was confirmed Violet was Minnie's girlfriend? When did this happen, cause I clearly missed it.

• In the fishing shed, you gotta talk to AJ.

I have a question. Supposedly, it was confirmed Violet was Minnie's girlfriend? When did this happen, cause I clearly missed it.

• Oh okay, thanks.

In the fishing shed, you gotta talk to AJ.

• edited August 2018

Brilliant episode. Easily my favorite premiere from the walking dead and possibly telltale's best opener so far. I loooove what they ended up doing with Marlon, and I while didn't enjoying seeing him get killed immediately. I do totally understand why AJ killed him. I honestly love all the children and its really gonna break my heart to see minor characters getting the chomp (Though Brody's death was spectacularly dark. One of the darkest moments in the series). The level of interaction and all the optional collectibles provide incentive to explore the world, and nothing is locked behind invisible walls. This is coming from someone who greatly enjoyed ANF but if it did well Telltale never would have made these huge design decisions and we would be treading through the same waters. Such a well done premiere.

• All that hard work to deliver such an amazing episode, such amazing overhauls and amazing plot, TWD at its best and IGN still gives it a 6.5. What a shame. I really hate those biased cons. Sad they are the biggest editorial and people will read what they say and get steered away from a masterfully done episode.

Brilliant episode. Easily my favorite premiere from the walking dead and possibly telltale's best opener so far. I loooove what they ended u

• I stopped taking IGN seriously 3 years ago.

ZombieKenny posted: »

All that hard work to deliver such an amazing episode, such amazing overhauls and amazing plot, TWD at its best and IGN still gives it a 6.

• I really hope Telltale doesn’t make the next episode less than 2 hour, focus too much on action and make less characters interactions because some critics said it was too slow... most people though this episode was pretty solid!

• Poogers, you weren't bored with having to spend the episode all in one place? Are you sure you can withstand 3 more episodes like that?

Poogers555 posted: »

So I actually really enjoyed the episode a lot, it definitely went a different route than I was expecting. However I do have one issue, whic

• edited August 2018

I really liked that episode, holy shit. I was a bit worried about kids being the main characters but damn, Telltale did an amazing job with these kids, with Louis and Marlon especially. I also liked this Michonne-like intro, quite climatic imo. New camera angles and graphics are really good, allthough I'm not a biggest fan of this yellow/green tint. They were some really good action scenes, my personal favourite is that basement scene, goddamn that was good. I love that AJ is nothing like young Clem, which I thought he would be just like S1 Clem. There were some scenes when he annoyed me, but I guess he'll need to learn how to socialize. There's something I find very nice is that Clem had PTSD after that dog incident in S2. Nice to see S2 is not forgotten. What I didn't like is that it feels like Wellington is being forgotten again, which sucks, because I lost my save files and the story generator seems to exclude anything that happens after Kenny kills Jane... Overall this episode was great and I can't wait for another one. This episode was

Sorry for any grammatical errors

• The second skull is in the fishing shack when you choose to go fishing.

lupinb0y posted: »

Easily the best premiere episode of Telltale's Walking Dead games and maybe even best premiere Telltale episode in general. I just didn't wa

• Neither. Was interested in Marlon before the season got started, but that went out the window with his death. I did confirm Clementine having feelings for Gabe so I guess I have that to remember.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m gonna be “that guy” and ask: who are you gonna romance? Violet or Louis? None? I’m leaning more towards Louis since he’s my favorite

• I love Louis sm ughhhh

• Is there really no way 2 save Marlon ? i know some ppl think he deserved it but i wish there was a way 2 see what happens if he is able 2 live -_-'

• I thought it was a pretty strong opening episode tbh. It's got me hooked and ready for more. Also, Clem and violet anybody? Yay or nay?

• So I missed the living flowers, are they tied to going the Louis route? I didn't see a chapter rewind feature, which is rather disappointing.

I'm really happy they gave the option to defuse the situation with Abel, it reminded me a lot of the situation in Michonne which I felt was very frustrating because it forced you into siding with Samantha, but here it felt like a much more pragmatic survival situation. He seems like an interesting character, and I was quite surprised that when I told him he was asking too many questions, he actually backed off and respected that.

• they are on the far right (and down the long corridor) when your going around talking to all the kids with AJ.

Ashran posted: »

So I missed the living flowers, are they tied to going the Louis route? I didn't see a chapter rewind feature, which is rather disappointing

• You can find the flowers to the right side of the courtyard when you're given the chance to talk to everyone. The cat skull is the only collectable that is completely miss-able if I'm correct.

Ashran posted: »

So I missed the living flowers, are they tied to going the Louis route? I didn't see a chapter rewind feature, which is rather disappointing

• A lot of people say, that Marlons character change came off rushed, but i don't feel that way. He only changed the moment he knew about Abel and as the coward he is, he snapped after being confronted about the things he did in the past which didn't seemed unreasonable to me. He's just unstable and being unstable means breaking fast, which he did after he's about to lose the whole community at best or his life at worst.

• Awesome Episode . Better than season 2 and 3 .
    Kind of sad that we couldn't influence AJ not to kill .

• edited August 2018

Well, I can safely say Telltale got into gear for this episode. We had plenty of time to get to know the characters and I really dig all of them a lot. Really hope they keep to this quality for the remainder of the episodes.

Louis had to be my favourite so far. His character brings out a lightheartedness in Clem that I really like seeing. I feel like his character works as a great crutch to counter Clem's serious nature, not saying being serious is a bad thing. But it's always nice to just let go and have fun every now and then, and that's what I like about their interactions.

• Fishing shed? Is that where you fish with Vi?

In the fishing shed, you gotta talk to AJ.

• Yes.

Ghetsis posted: »

Fishing shed? Is that where you fish with Vi?

• Actually, there is a dialogue option where you can explain AJ what the heart with their first letters means and Clem says that they were girlfriends.

I'm gonna outright say it now. I'm pretty fucking sure Violet is the LGBT character. The way she talked about Minnie, and also the fact that there was a heart carved in the wall that said "V + M" gives me that vibe.

• I feel like there’s gonnna be a war between Louisentine and Violetine fans when Ep.2 drops, like Kenny fans v Jane fans.

• I mean he can have a redemption in future episodes he was only a scared boy

Scythenger posted: »

Marlon gave up tenn's sisters, lied about it, chickened out of making a plan to save them, kills brody, locks clem inside with a brody who w

• What the shit, AJ!? Little psychopath. Aside from the shock factor, it doesn't make sense narratively. Marlon took AJ's gun, then after a few minutes he dropped it on the ground and surrendered. So AJ runs up, grabs the gun, and shoots Marlon after he surrenders? AJ is a little psycho lol.

• I also just want to say that "We kicked nineteen kinds of walker ass. And with style. Why not be proud of that?", might be the best piece of dialogue this episode.

• Played the game( TTG TWD Se4 EP 1 Hours ago) enjoyed like a lot, then... I saw ign review the first EP 1 of Se4 TWD TTG they gave it a 6.5/10, I was like that is disgusting review, IGN has seriously lost all of its value, I can no longer ever support such a site that only points out negativity (despite its flaws) this EP was awesome from clem to the kids and just seeing things kick off the way it did was extraordinary and makes me want more, I just don't get why people in the gaming media it is savvy to give really crap scores to awesome games #IGNSucksToTheCore

• Maybe it's just me but, despite the improvement over ANF, I'm still not impressed enough to play this season myself. The characters seem very forgettable, even if there are hubs controls. Louis is the only one who grew up on me, Marlon could have been on the list too if he didn't act crazy at the end of the episode (I knew he couldn't be trusted when he was revealed, CALLED IT). I didn't like what AJ did at the end, my Clementine would have used him as a trade to Abel's group so no one else gets hurt. Now the school is going to be burned in flames, I'm calling it. I still can't bring myself to care for AJ. Said it before and I'll say it again, they never should have ditched his character in A New Frontier.

I think the first episode is a solid 8/10. Better than A New Frontier but still not as good as Season 2 and Season 1.

• ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷʰᵒᶫᵉ ᶜᵒᶰᵛᵉʳˢᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ʷᵃˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃʳᶦᶰᵍ ʰᵃᵛᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᶜʰᵒᵒᶫ ᵇᵉ ᵃ ˢᶦᶰᵍᶫᵉ ᵃʳᵉᵃ ᵃᵏᶦᶰ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵒᵛᶦᵉˢ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᴿᵉˢᵉʳᵛᵒᶦʳ ᴰᵒᵍˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶫᵒᶜᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶜʰᵃᶰᵍᵉˢ ᵃᵗ ᵃᶫᶫ ᶦᶰ ᵃᶰʸʷᵃʸ, ᵃᶰᵈ ᵐᵉ ˢᵃʸᶦᶰᵍ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈᶰᵗ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ, ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵈᵒᵉˢᶰᵗ ᵈᵒ ᵃˢ ʷᵉ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ ᵈᶦᶠᶠᵉʳᵉᶰᵗ ᵖᶫᵃᶜᵉˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᶜʰᵒᵒᶫ ᵃˢ ᵃ ᵐᵃᶦᶰ ʰᵘᵇ⋅

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Poogers, you weren't bored with having to spend the episode all in one place? Are you sure you can withstand 3 more episodes like that?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.