Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• I'm sorry to say this, but I honestly editted that in favor of merging the two replies, so you might have to quote it so people know what you're talking about. :sweat_smile:

Jayroen posted: »

Fair enough.

• Why the fuckity fuck fucking fackly fuck did they reveal Lilly in the trailer? And also, is she one of the Whisperers?

• I decided not to mention the focus on combat tho cuz no one plays these games to see some lady swing a machete and I wanted to focus on its story. But I decided not to, but if you want more to why its bad there you go.

Also how is it nitpicky? Player doesnt care about Michonne's kids, its a huge part of the game, but the player doesnt care about it. Choices that dont matter in the game thats all about "your choices." Plot armor will also ruin an experience due to already knowing how they turn out in the end. Underdeveloped characters that are there just there to die are characters you shouldnt be expected to care for when you have to try and save them in a hostage situation. Padding out most of the episodes with fluff especially episode 3 is another perfectly valid criticism. As well as Randall just fighting Michonne after the deal so we are forced to kill him causing the whole fire fight, another terrible choice they made.

And these characters arnt in gray. "Hi Im Randall and Im evil XD" "Hi Im Pete and Im good!" "Im Sam and Im whiny!" "Im Paige and Im worried!" But I will agree that Norma probably is the only good part of this game because she isnt just one note like everyone else. (Until the whole forced conflict at the end)

LoL This was the lamest video I have seen on Youtube...and Youtube has Jake Paul. So I have figured what you are all about....just flappin

• Your editing hurts me in the heart.

DabigRG posted: »

@Kennyshouladiedins1 TESTIFY! I'm sorry to say this, but I honestly editted that in favor of merging the two replies, so you might have to quote it so people know what you're talking about.

• I'm pretty sure it's either AJ or Violet.
    Unless you're talking the struggle immediately before, in which case I think someone spoiled that BS already.

Razer531 posted: »

It's not tho. I swear to god I heard that same "Clementine" shout before but I can't determine who that might be.

• Boom,what did I say? Little to no resemblance.

NexusFire posted: »

Telltale confirmed the character in the trailer is not James. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1041747910281506816

• Great trailer! Any particular reason people think that kid is James?

• Yes, but Telltale confirmed it's a different character.

lupinb0y posted: »

Great trailer! Any particular reason people think that kid is James?

• What i said still holds true: Telltale only showed what they wanted us to see. If you could put together the dots beforehand then the trailer isn't that surprising, but it will probably be better for you going in 100% blind.

Gauss99 posted: »

lol ok going back to play with Warhammer Total War 2 for a week then xD

• I'm just going to swoop in to say I'm on your side regarding the miniseries

Let's go WHOOP @Poogers555's keister

LoL This was the lamest video I have seen on Youtube...and Youtube has Jake Paul. So I have figured what you are all about....just flappin

• Yeah I saw the tweet but was wondering why people starting thinking it was James in the first place.

Yes, but Telltale confirmed it's a different character.

• edited September 2018

"You'll die protecting him, a walker you didn't spot... a bullet you couldn't dodge(...) It happened to Lee, and it'll happen to you."

Anyone else immediately thought of Lee? He died protecting Clem and he didn't spot a walker that bit him. What if that walkie talkie and that walker randomly hidden under all of those boxes was a trap?

Are we up for the greatest plot twist of all time??

• You sir, are a true hero! There are so many nefarious knuckledraggers out there that are blind to the Mini's awesomeness.

Deltino posted: »

I'm just going to swoop in to say I'm on your side regarding the miniseries Let's go WHOOP @Poogers555's keister

• Delt can you hit me up with that picture of Randall strangling Michonne while his fingers are 90 degrees broken and facing the opposite way of her neck please tho

I'm just going to swoop in to say I'm on your side regarding the miniseries Let's go WHOOP @Poogers555's keister

• That Clem put the walkie talkie there all along?

"You'll die protecting him, a walker you didn't spot... a bullet you couldn't dodge(...) It happened to Lee, and it'll happen to you." An

• I think it is Violet.

I'm pretty sure it's either AJ or Violet. Unless you're talking the struggle immediately before, in which case I think someone spoiled that BS already.

• To be fair, that's probably why she's able to shoot him anyways so

Poogers555 posted: »

Delt can you hit me up with that picture of Randall strangling Michonne while his fingers are 90 degrees broken and facing the opposite way of her neck please tho

• Making one of the most complex and emotional characters of season 1 into an one dimensional villain like Carver is completely bad writing.
    Hopefully they won’t make her like this.

• Can you also defend why Randall attacking Michonne after being freed makes no sense and only happens to force the conflict so they all fight?

To be fair, that's probably why she's able to shoot him anyways so

• No but Lilly

bobshaw posted: »

That Clem put the walkie talkie there all along?

• I explained a few pages back, but someone mentioned that TFS apparently checks for a Michonne savefile as well.
    Also, the boy slightly resembled Alex.

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah I saw the tweet but was wondering why people starting thinking it was James in the first place.

• She is the only reasonable alternative, yes.

I think it is Violet.

• Why would you want Alex? He was too young to be as old as James is.

That boy that looks like Mitch when Nikki speaks the second time. It's either James or hopefully Alex.

• Same train of thought here.

bruzdaa posted: »

You guys think that there's a slight possibility of two "versions" of Lily? The "bad one" and the "good one"? I mean, the story generator had you decide between leaving her and taking her with you, so this could mean something, right?

• (side-eyes your comment)

tbf, literally the only other TWDg character w/ chest hair was Siddiq

Well well, look who came back to wreak havoc: There's only one adult character from the first episode who had that hairy of a chest... (Hint: his name starts with an A, and ends with bel)

• also @Crips you switched the siblings

• way too much

Melton23 posted: »

Uuughhh I just want a Kenny vs Lilly moment. Is that too much to ask, telltale? Pls give us Kenny back ?

• That's not possible because you could be rude to her throughout 1-3 and take her with you. People don't understand, there isn't a good choice or a bad choice. There never really is. Either way, you're still tying up Lily.

Same train of thought here.

• I do

Dex-Starr posted: »

Nobody likes Assim

• edited September 2018

OMG GUYS THEY GUNNA KISS

• That depends on how long it's been since the Miniseries.
    Also, Alex was just more intriguing(?) a character.

Why would you want Alex? He was too young to be as old as James is.

• idk why I'm celebrating, but I'm celebrating

NexusFire posted: »

Telltale confirmed the character in the trailer is not James. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1041747910281506816

• I don't think it was a trap.

At least once by the season finale, Telltale wanted to bring Lilly back. They didn't, at least on screen, but there's nothing saying that she wasn't still stalking them the way the stranger/Campman did.

"You'll die protecting him, a walker you didn't spot... a bullet you couldn't dodge(...) It happened to Lee, and it'll happen to you." An

• True, but I think she responds differently on the RV if you let her on depending on whether you helped save Larry or not, akin to how Arvo, Bonnie, and Mike betray Clementine anyway, but with different reactions based on how you treated them.

Ghetsis posted: »

That's not possible because you could be rude to her throughout 1-3 and take her with you. People don't understand, there isn't a good choice or a bad choice. There never really is. Either way, you're still tying up Lily.

• Indeed. But the story-builder doesn't account for that if that's the case.

True, but I think she responds differently on the RV if you let her on depending on whether you helped save Larry or not, akin to how Arvo, Bonnie, and Mike betray Clementine anyway, but with different reactions based on how you treated them.

• I can't see anything clearly in this screenshot

OMG GUYS THEY GUNNA KISS

• edited September 2018

OMG, I CAN"T SEE SHIT

@enzeruanimefan (side-eyes your comment) tbf, literally the only other TWDg character w/ chest hair was Siddiq

That we see anyway

OMG GUYS THEY GUNNA KISS

• What? Can you explain

OMG GUYS THEY GUNNA KISS

• edited September 2018

I only see Violet. No Clem in sight.

OK. I see her now.

OMG GUYS THEY GUNNA KISS

• I'll have none o dat gay shit!