Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• The real clem ceased to exist after Season 1.

Lies! The real clem would never hurt kenny.

• True to an extent, but there are still certain things that cannon clem just wouldn't do.

DabigRG posted: »

The real clem ceased to exist after Season 1.

• What are 'Whispers'?

I don't know how I feel about the whisperers being in this game, but my hype levels are through the roof.

• You know damn well, it's a spelling error :D

What are 'Whispers'?

• I remember Carver slapping Clem once, but I don't recall him ever killing any children and laughing while he's doing it.

Box Tv posted: »

Making her go full Carver yes it is, she is emotional and unstable not cold and calculating. What I see in season 1 was a broken and paranoi

• "Canon" Clem is really up to how the player plays and molds her.

True to an extent, but there are still certain things that cannon clem just wouldn't do.

• Okay but there are still things that no matter how you played Clem or molded her. There are certain things that are just ingrained into her character. That you as a player cant change just like with Lee.

AGenesis posted: »

"Canon" Clem is really up to how the player plays and molds her.

• edited September 2018

delete.

• Well yeah, but that goes for pretty much every video game character with role playing elements. It be near impossible and really difficult programming and writing wise to mold characters 100% to the players' liking.

My point is, unless TellTale flat out says that Clem letting Kenny kill Jane is the canon choice, you can't just say it is because you "feel" like that's what she would do, since the word canon, put simply, means "officially from the word of god", in this case, "god" would be TellTale.

Okay but there are still things that no matter how you played Clem or molded her. There are certain things that are just ingrained into her character. That you as a player cant change just like with Lee.

• Honestly, I can see Clem killing Kenny as a canon choice but not after he kills Jane. That just feels so out of character for me she's essentially a murderer at that point because she shot an unarmed man who was exhausted. That situation is very similar to the whole Aj/Marlon one.

Well yeah, but that goes for pretty much every video game character with role playing elements. It be near impossible and really difficult p

• Yeah, I agree with you 100% on that. It did feel weird and out of place for TellTale to give you the option to shoot Kenny after he kills Jane, but I don't really pay much attention to it, at lest when I play Season 2 (and I say this as someone who shot Kenny during the fight in my main "headcanon" file). I don't really consider any major choices to be canon, I just pick the decisions based on how my Clem would react in combination to how I see her as a survivor. Basically, I just role-play. lol

Honestly, I can see Clem killing Kenny as a canon choice but not after he kills Jane. That just feels so out of character for me she's essen

• Also I don't know if this question has been asked but why did she have to shoot kenny? When he's about to stab Jane and Clem gets the gun why couldn't she shoot up into the sky to startle him or simply put the gun to his head to drop the knife.

Yeah, I agree with you 100% on that. It did feel weird and out of place for TellTale to give you the option to shoot Kenny after he kills Ja

• Grave goody, this is the promo art for the episode?

• Well, it was a tense situation for her. She kept pleading for both of them to stop fighting and neither of them were listening to her. Kenny was also too focused in wanting to kill Jane that he probably wouldn't have flinched if she shot in the air. When you're so tensed, scared, and not sure what to do or what your other options are, you can't think straight. Everything happens in the spur of the moment. This goes for both, Clementine and Kenny. In ANF, Clementine learns from the Kenny and Jane fight and shoots David in the shoulder to get him off Javier rather than shooting David for the kill.

Also I don't know if this question has been asked but why did she have to shoot kenny? When he's about to stab Jane and Clem gets the gun why couldn't she shoot up into the sky to startle him or simply put the gun to his head to drop the knife.

• James seems like really important, him and clem would make a great duo

why doesn’t he get to have a shipping thread

Grave goody, this is the promo art for the episode?

• I loved that scene when she shot david to be honest, shows how she is growing up and learning from her mistakes but why didn’t the shitbird gabe hate her for injuring his father

Well, it was a tense situation for her. She kept pleading for both of them to stop fighting and neither of them were listening to her. Kenny

• edited September 2018

Because Minstrel Shows and sexual tension are a terrible combination.

Hersani posted: »

James seems like really important, him and clem would make a great duo why doesn’t he get to have a shipping thread

• But she can also put the gun to david's head as well and not shoot him.

Well, it was a tense situation for her. She kept pleading for both of them to stop fighting and neither of them were listening to her. Kenny

• Can she really do that in the game?

But she can also put the gun to david's head as well and not shoot him.

• Yep

Can she really do that in the game?

• I mean she did just save his uncles life.

I loved that scene when she shot david to be honest, shows how she is growing up and learning from her mistakes but why didn’t the shitbird gabe hate her for injuring his father

• Next week gonna be a busy week for gamers walking dead TFS episode 2 and life is strange season 2 come out a day apart from each other

• GAMERS REJOICE. But seriously next week's gonna be dope if season 2 drops a day early like captain spirit did in the North Americas. That way we can have walking dead one day and season 2's premiere the next day.

donmike84 posted: »

Next week gonna be a busy week for gamers walking dead TFS episode 2 and life is strange season 2 come out a day apart from each other

• Just saw and upon hearing a familiar voice:

I knew...somehow I knew. I hoped. And now I fear what is to come.

• My original thoughts are still the same, the Kenny and Jane fight was an intense moment for Clem and couldn't think straight to know what all her available options were at the time. In a ANF, she remembers the struggle by watching Javier and David fight and reacts accordingly to the situation having seen the thing happen before. Notice how when David and Javier are fighting she isn't desperately pleading for them to stop while crying etc.

Yep

• The last quarter of the year is always a fantastic time to be a gamer lol too many things to preorder

donmike84 posted: »

Next week gonna be a busy week for gamers walking dead TFS episode 2 and life is strange season 2 come out a day apart from each other

• Probably because he'd since understood that David had serious issues and that he was once again way out of line anyway.
    So if it ever came up, he'd obviously understand that she did what she had to to save Javier and would just be grateful she avoided using it as an excuse to take full out revenge.

I loved that scene when she shot david to be honest, shows how she is growing up and learning from her mistakes but why didn’t the shitbird gabe hate her for injuring his father

• Such as her liking for apples!

Okay but there are still things that no matter how you played Clem or molded her. There are certain things that are just ingrained into her character. That you as a player cant change just like with Lee.

• Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Tripp got 'angry' at Clem for saying they need a plan in Episode 2 and she was about to pull a weapon out from her pocket? I feel that's a good summary of her character in ANF.

Probably because he'd since understood that David had serious issues and that he was once again way out of line anyway. So if it ever came

• I was too busy being concerned about Tripp's characterization at the time, but yeah, it is kinda funny.

Ghetsis posted: »

Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Tripp got 'angry' at Clem for saying they need a plan in Episode 2 and she was about to pull a weapon out from her pocket? I feel that's a good summary of her character in ANF.

• If it moved Clem pointed her gun at it in ANF.

Ghetsis posted: »

Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Tripp got 'angry' at Clem for saying they need a plan in Episode 2 and she was about to pull a weapon out from her pocket? I feel that's a good summary of her character in ANF.

• @mostlypoptarts Any change you can you tell us what is the OST of TWD TFS Ep2 trailer?

• In relation to the Key Art for Episode 2, I believe the "Whisperer" to be the same guy who Clementine and AJ are sitting with at the fire. His clothes are the same, his hands are of similar appearance and apparently his eye colour is the same.

Grave goody, this is the promo art for the episode?

• People have been saying that long before they mentioned the promo art was up(that I've seen anyway).

It's a pretty lazy looking image is what I's gettin at.

In relation to the Key Art for Episode 2, I believe the "Whisperer" to be the same guy who Clementine and AJ are sitting with at the fire. His clothes are the same, his hands are of similar appearance and apparently his eye colour is the same.

• He had it coming...everything he did leading up to getting his ass shot was on him. Bullying...beating an unarmed prisoner...getting Walter killed. Shooting him removed a dangerous man that could easily turn on Clem the next time shit does not go according to plan.

Also I don't know if this question has been asked but why did she have to shoot kenny? When he's about to stab Jane and Clem gets the gun why couldn't she shoot up into the sky to startle him or simply put the gun to his head to drop the knife.

• That's a pretty lazy critique...let us see you do better.

People have been saying that long before they mentioned the promo art was up(that I've seen anyway). It's a pretty lazy looking image is what I's gettin at.

• Bullying...beating an unarmed prisoner...getting Walter killed. Shooting him removed a dangerous man that could easily turn on Clem the next time shit does not go according to plan.

The whole Kenny is a danger to clem and everyone else argument. Is so full of holes and has been debunked to death. Also you didn't really answer my question, instead of looking for a way not to kill Kenny. You decide to kill him, simply because you don't like him which makes you no better than he is by your own logic.

He had it coming...everything he did leading up to getting his ass shot was on him. Bullying...beating an unarmed prisoner...getting Walter

• edited September 2018

Is episode 2 over two hours long? Or will we be happy with the length of it? o:) @mostlypoptarts

• edited September 2018

I'm not a professionally paid artist or a smooth casual modeler, but I'm pretty sure precedent would've aided me in doing so if I was.

Better yet, this looks like something @Jayroen could throw together without trying very hard.

That's a pretty lazy critique...let us see you do better.

• I ain't throwing together shit without the models but yeah, not that hard.

I'm not a professionally paid artist or a smooth casual modeler, but I'm pretty sure precedent would've aided me in doing so if I was. Better yet, this looks like something @Jayroen could throw together without trying very hard.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.