Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Especially if she already killed both Lee and Kenny

Imagine how poetic it will be when Clementine kills the only other surviving member of the original motor inn group....

• They only confirmed that the two James are separate characters.

lupinb0y posted: »

Telltale confirmed in a tweet that it's not James just so you know.

• Kenny is still alive

Imagine how poetic it will be when Clementine kills the only other surviving member of the original motor inn group....

• I'm interested. DM?

bobshaw posted: »

TryIng tO disCusS a pOssIbLE fuTuRE pLot PoInt bUt evERyoNE iS toO inTErEStED in ViOLETIne.

• Maybe it was uploaded privately and then turned public.

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw that trailer was uploaded on the 14th. Time to start typing in random youtube URLs and hope we get Episode 3 trailer when it comes close

• Look at my post on the ESRB rating. I believe there is some new information in there.

I'm interested. DM?

• edited September 2018

Is this what you're referring to?
    Yeah you're referencing this. Sounds like a bad time for AJ. Or Tenn. Or Willy. Fucking hell.

Look at my post on the ESRB rating. I believe there is some new information in there.

• Well, "a teenage boy shot in the head" is almost certainly in reference to Marlon, and "a zombie hit repeatedly in the face until bloody" is probably Brody. "A character removing buckshot from a young boy's wound" is yet to be seen. There definitely wasn't anyone with a shotgun in the first episode, so uh...

This is new on the ESRB rating boards website. Note the " a character removing buckshot from a young boy's wound" part. I don't remember this in the first episode.

• Interesting that they specify wound.

Deltino posted: »

Well, "a teenage boy shot in the head" is almost certainly in reference to Marlon, and "a zombie hit repeatedly in the face until bloody" is

• James was seen in the trailer next to a fire, so did Lilly, this means they are in a group or something.
    James is wearing a zombie mask in the key art.. who DOES wear zombie mask in the comics? The Whisperers..
    Who are they? A cult.. so Lilly is in a some sort of cult? abducting children just like she did with James?
    (I don't know about you but a cult introduced seems way better than some old lazy raiders)

• Aasim is the 3rd ship for Clem <3

Razer531 posted: »

Telltale just please don't tell me that that 3rd guy by the campfire is a 3rd ship option for Clem lmao

• It's not James. But what you're saying kinda makes me hope I'm more right.

Hersani posted: »

James was seen in the trailer next to a fire, so did Lilly, this means they are in a group or something. James is wearing a zombie mask in

• Finally, I'm home

• This kinda looks like the bell tower in s1

• It would be funny if they pulled a 180 and it turned out that this James was the romantic interest all along lol.

Aasim is the 3rd ship for Clem

• It's A James.

DabigRG posted: »

It's not James. But what you're saying kinda makes me hope I'm more right.

• Oh fuck me.

It's A James.

• edited September 2018

The trailer they posted on twitter is a bit different then the one on youtube

• Yeah he is, he is wearing the same jacket and outfit in the keyart.. Look at him in the trailer and then take another look at the one who is wearing a zombie mask in the keyart

• edited September 2018

It's not James Fairbanks.
    It's just James the Greasepaint

Yeah he is, he is wearing the same jacket and outfit in the keyart.. Look at him in the trailer and then take another look at the one who is wearing a zombie mask in the keyart

• Poogers, I love ya buddy but you're subjectively wrong on that and I'm gonna use the magic powers of the internet to tell you why

iz just joke and I give you a million Canadian sorrys in advance

The Player doesn't care about Michonne's daughters

I cared about the daughters! Maybe not as myself, but through Michonne I cared about them!

Shooting yourself is dumb because of obvious plot armor

That suicide choice is meant to be a moment of despair and an introduction to Michonne's fractured psyche (along with those hallucination-flashbacks). It shows how she's not right in the head and is at her lowest point, all alone.
    One could also make the argument that having her shoot herself and succeeding would be pointless because it's just a lame game over screen. Being able to go through with the action regardless of whether she's saved can enhance how broken you can play her character.

PLOT ARMOR EVERYWHERE. PETE IS IMMORTAL. HIS FRIENDS DIE AND WE DON'T CARE.

Well, maybe we aren't supposed to care about the friends but we're supposed to care about the character of Pete and what he's going through.

Keeping Randall alive is dumb

Did you honestly expect the game to end and the super-crazy psychopath would be allowed to live?
    /ok that was sarcasm because you can think what you want poogs

Episode 3 has nothing except for the climax.

Okay, you've kinda got me there. It's not for everyone.

All the people die at the trade and there's nothing to do about it

Yeah, that sucks. As a non-comics reader though it did make me tense in the moment! I didn't know who'd live or die!

It's the same ending no matter what

Yeah, that also sucks. But Telltale was operating within a strict continuity so their hands were probably tied on what happened. (because really, those crew members had to die somehow...)

The Daughters show up again and I don't care about them.

I care.

Also that last choice is a joke

I thought it was a nice (albeit very ill-timed) moment for Michonne. Also, since I had plot armour bouncing around in my head I wasn't thinking of the consequences. I thought everything would be fine and Michonne could escape with no problems. Let her have her peace, let her be delusional for once to overcome her demons.
    It was a really great slap in the face to have some consequence to the scene. Sam waited too long for Michonne so she fell through the roof and died. Oops. Sorry Sam.

This game gave me opinions and facts and I hate it.

It gave me opinions and facts, too. I liked it.

FYI, The Wolf Among Us is a Prequel to Fables. Plenty of characters there make it to the source material, so why should we care what happens to them? We already know how they end up so nothing really matters. BIGBY HAS PLOT ARMOUR.

decided to make it more of a joke theme for this joke of a game :kennysad: @Kennyshouladiedins1

• Just thinking about how she was one of the "old og" motel group that had lee, carly and kenny makes me nostalgic lol

Clemmy1 posted: »

I don't care if Lilly is super bad, i missed her

• Hey about the jacket, why in the trailer there is a few zombies dressed up with the same jacket Abel has? he is definitely in an organized cult.. Wearing the same outfits, smoking cigarettes made from bible pages (you get these things when you live in a church) and taking AJ with him

Lilly and Abel's cult group are the reverse Crawford (kinda?), instead of kicking out children.. they take any kid they stumble upon.. taking them and raising them in their ways so he or she can be a survivor :)

Just like they did with Sophie, Minnie, James and possibly AJ..

Murmle22 posted: »

Ohhh what we see? Abel got lucky real lucky! How unexpected! Maybe he's Lilly's lover? unbelievably! Ohhh Are they like Alpha and Beta from the comics? Ohhh What a twist! 10/10! (no)

• Tfw it is James but not James Fairbanks because ''the new Telltale lacks detail''. Extremely light spoiler:

A character by the name of 'James' was found in the files which is why everyone was looking for a teenager, as they probably assumed it would be James from Michonne.

• Tbh its just might be that Telltale decided to use the version of the game where he is not thrown out through the window. They did the same thing with Doug and Carley, when they showed the former in the trailers.

8 days left to find out!

Murmle22 posted: »

Ohhh what we see? Abel got lucky real lucky! How unexpected! Maybe he's Lilly's lover? unbelievably! Ohhh Are they like Alpha and Beta from the comics? Ohhh What a twist! 10/10! (no)

• Oh, okay.
    So Telltale more or less openly acknowledged that people look in their files? That's...rather forthright of them.

Ghetsis posted: »

Tfw it is James but not James Fairbanks because ''the new Telltale lacks detail''. Extremely light spoiler: (Spoiler)

• They did the same thing with Doug and Carley, when they showed the former in the trailers.

Say what?

Tewudin posted: »

Tbh its just might be that Telltale decided to use the version of the game where he is not thrown out through the window. They did the same thing with Doug and Carley, when they showed the former in the trailers. 8 days left to find out!

• edited September 2018

There are no zombies in the trailer wearing the same sweatshirt as Abel.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but... Adult men in a lawless world don't abduct children to raise them. They do something else.

James is not going to be in the final season, as confirmed by Telltale on twitter.

Hey about the jacket, why in the trailer there is a few zombies dressed up with the same jacket Abel has? he is definitely in an organized c

• edited September 2018

Double post

• edited September 2018

well thats the thing though, its hard to actually care about what michonne cares about because we are introduced to michonne and told "hey man you better care dude."

And thats why the "Pull the trigger" choice is dumb. We know she cant kill herself and even if it did let you shoot yourself it would just go "game over" so its just feels so pointless already. Again, this is our introduction to this, I have no reason to care about why Michonne is crying in the woods and wants to die. Its just hard to get into playing a character where they are so focused on things that happened to them, that I wasnt even there to experience with her , with barely any development of them for me to actually find myself caring for Michonne, which is why theres a disconnect.

As for Fables its a bit different, yes they have plot armor but the games are different. First of all Telltale made it so all their original characters were the ones who would be in harms way of being killed. Yes they have canon characters too, but they arnt in a position where they will be murdered or put in situations where they can die (only true one was Bigby but the world is fantasy where he pretty much a super hero and can easily heal after almost dying), which is why Beauty and the Beast can be in debt and still remain cannon, without knowing such things if you read the books. Theres a reason why no cannon character in Wolf is put in a situation of "do this if you want to save them."

AChicken posted: »

Poogers, I love ya buddy but you're subjectively wrong on that and I'm gonna use the magic powers of the internet to tell you why iz jus

• Have you played the Season 1 at all? There was a choice in episode 1 where you had to save either Doug or Carley. Depending on that choice, different character appears throught the next couple of episodes. Telltale decided to show Doug in the trailers after episode 1 instead of Carley.

They did the same thing with Doug and Carley, when they showed the former in the trailers. Say what?

• When you told everyone to shut up until you got home but they kept on talking so now it's impossible to catch up :'(

• edited September 2018

well thats the thing though, its hard to actually care about what michonne cares about because we are introduced to michonne and told "hey man you better care dude."

Isn't that these games/stories in general?

@Tewudin posted: »Have you played the Season 1 at all? There was a choice in episode 1 where you had to save either Doug or Carley. Depending on that choice, different character appears throught the next couple of episodes. Telltale decided to show Doug in the trailers after episode 1 instead of Carley.

Yes, jerkiturk, I have watched and later played Season 1.

I have not seen many Season 1 trailers, however.

well thats the thing though, its hard to actually care about what michonne cares about because we are introduced to michonne and told "hey m

• No because they actually let you experience the thing that happened to them so you can also care, and if something did happen to them in the past it isnt a huge focus on their character. (For example Lee killed his wife's lover and people bring it up to him for not trusting him, but it isnt something the games focuses on too much nor does Lee have constant ptsd flashbacks to) But then we have Michonne where we arnt there to experience what happened to her and so much of the game is about her past that we werent there to experience with her.

well thats the thing though, its hard to actually care about what michonne cares about because we are introduced to michonne and told "hey m

• I tried to stop, but I just couldn't.

Dex-Starr posted: »

When you told everyone to shut up until you got home but they kept on talking so now it's impossible to catch up

• The game assumes you know who Michonne is and watch the Walking Dead period.

Also, Episode 1 kinda runs on Lee's Past half of the time.

No because they actually let you experience the thing that happened to them so you can also care, and if something did happen to them in the

• edited September 2018

Can y'all shut the fuck up about Michonne. How did this even start?

• edited September 2018

leaks
    edit: leaks by leaking his name, then people thinking he's james from michonne

Can y'all shut the fuck up about Michonne. How did this even start?

• No...I shot him.

Kenny is still alive

• Lies! The real clem would never hurt kenny.

No...I shot him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.