Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• edited September 2018

It's kinda cool at 0:17 to see Violet and Louis walking next to each other after all of these shipping battles lol

EDIT: Also guys at 0:21, whose voice is that?

• Lilly return confirmed you gonna be a bitch to Lilly or nice to Lilly

• Someone who commits immoral acts on a whim and in a one-note fashion that encompasses their entire character arc, and perhaps also for the sake of the story wanting a villainous character to oppose the protagonist in an unbiased fashion in order to create conflict.

Badger from ANF is an example of this.

Depends on what you see as a one-dimensional villain.

• Even if Lily's character is badly handled (fingers crossed it won't be), that wicked shot of her through the flickering flames is EXACTLY how you key up the audience for a major comeback appearance.

• Badger or that stupid bitch that shot Omid, I'm not sure which character was more nonsensical...

RichWalk23 posted: »

Someone who commits immoral acts on a whim and in a one-note fashion that encompasses their entire character arc, and perhaps also for the s

• You better take that back.
    Nobody talks shit about my boy Aasim ??

Dex-Starr posted: »

Nobody likes Assim

• edited September 2018

Lilly's voice seems so evil in some languages LOL

• Right when he enters the room and starts to smoke a bible

NexusFire posted: »

Abel might actually be the one that stomps Clem at the end of the trailer. Is there a moment in Done Running where you can see his shoes?

• Assim is rubbish?

You better take that back. Nobody talks shit about my boy Aasim ??

• Yeah I've seen it.

Right when he enters the room and starts to smoke a bible

• edited September 2018

I really hope that, too. I don't want to hate Lilly. The line she says could also be completely different in the game so it sounds like she's just being serious with Clem and it's more of a Christa-like talk.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Since we now know that Lilly has returned, I'm seriously hoping that The Final Season don't plan to turn her into a one-dimensional villain and that the trailer making her appear as the villain is a red herring.

• It’s heartbreaking to see such a dirty pair of Timberlands :’(

Yeah I've seen it.

• It is :'(

It’s heartbreaking to see such a dirty pair of Timberlands :’(

• Honestly, the girl that shot Omid doesn't seem all that bad. Her reaction after shooting Omid would seem to suggest she's some scared kid trying to act all big and tough, but immediately cracked the second she shot someone else. That already gives her more dimension/depth than Badger, at least.

Jayroen posted: »

Badger or that stupid bitch that shot Omid, I'm not sure which character was more nonsensical...

• Still, she was only written in to kill Omid, that makes her a bad character.

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, the girl that shot Omid doesn't seem all that bad. Her reaction after shooting Omid would seem to suggest she's some scared kid tr

• One thing I noticed in the trailer was the music. It was chilling and really set the mood for the trailer. I loved it.

• internet slap

Dex-Starr posted: »

Assim is rubbish?

• Hey, at least they didn't milk her killing Omid and wait until the third episode to allow players to brutally smash her head in.

Still, she was only written in to kill Omid, that makes her a bad character.

• Honestly, the girl that shot Omid doesn't seem all that bad. Her reaction after shooting Omid would seem to suggest she's some scared kid trying to act all big and tough, but immediately cracked the second she shot someone else. That already gives her more dimension/depth than Badger, at least.

...or just about everybody in ANF.

Honestly, the girl that shot Omid doesn't seem all that bad. Her reaction after shooting Omid would seem to suggest she's some scared kid tr

• LoL This was the lamest video I have seen on Youtube...and Youtube has Jake Paul. So I have figured what you are all about....just flappin your gums and try to be cute doing it. This video is the essence of nitpickery. The things you point out like plot armor and such or characters there just to die is in every game and movie made. These are tropes to ignite conflict. You ignore that the game has the best villains in the series...you ignore that the game shows everyone in shades of grey...that there are no real heroes just survivors. You also failed to mention that the combat is the best in the series which makes ANF just look pathetic considering that it came out a few months after Michonne.

Is it perfect heck no....but it is miles ahead of ANF and may be better than season 2. You sir have just pointed out why your Batman S3 is best left unspoken.

Poogers555 posted: »

decided to make it more of a joke theme for this joke of a game :kennysad: @Kennyshouladiedins1

• may be better than season 2

Daaaaaaamn boi!

LoL This was the lamest video I have seen on Youtube...and Youtube has Jake Paul. So I have figured what you are all about....just flappin

• Badger = one-dimensional evil guy, ends up dead

Joan = one-dimensional evil woman, ends up dead or runs away

Max = the only morally gray antagonist in ANF that had some level of intrigue to him, disappears from the story after episode 3

???

• True, RIP Mariana.

Hey, at least they didn't milk her killing Omid and wait until the third episode to allow players to brutally smash her head in.

• I don't care if Lilly is super bad, i missed her

• AJ?
    I can't see the video on this page, so I'd have to check.

Razer531 posted: »

It's kinda cool at 0:17 to see Violet and Louis walking next to each other after all of these shipping battles lol EDIT: Also guys at 0:21, whose voice is that?

• edited September 2018

Badger.
    Michelle at least had a legitimate mindset going into her survival strategy and only killed Omid on a startled reflex.

@Jayroen posted: »Still, she was only written in to kill Omid, that makes her a bad character.

No, it makes her a plot device with some bits of character and thematic thought attached.
    Hell, they really could've just made her some random bandit model if they wanted to, but they decided to put some thought into her instead.

Badger or that stupid bitch that shot Omid, I'm not sure which character was more nonsensical...

• Out of all the character why would they bring back James from the Michone series lmao

• Waaaaaiiiiiiittt a moment,

This fucking kid?

Out of all the character why would they bring back James from the Michone series lmao

• Ohhh what we see? Abel got lucky real lucky! How unexpected!

Maybe he's Lilly's lover? unbelievably! Ohhh Are they like Alpha and Beta from the comics? Ohhh What a twist! 10/10! (no)

• Yup lmfao. Out of everyone they brought that fucking kid back. Like why?

Waaaaaiiiiiiittt a moment, This fucking kid?

• Oh boi, I replayed the episode and tossed him out of the window this time around, guess I played myself...

Murmle22 posted: »

Ohhh what we see? Abel got lucky real lucky! How unexpected! Maybe he's Lilly's lover? unbelievably! Ohhh Are they like Alpha and Beta from the comics? Ohhh What a twist! 10/10! (no)

• Why are you speaking like you know the whole story? I'm going to embarass myself if you're right...

Murmle22 posted: »

Ohhh what we see? Abel got lucky real lucky! How unexpected! Maybe he's Lilly's lover? unbelievably! Ohhh Are they like Alpha and Beta from the comics? Ohhh What a twist! 10/10! (no)

• edited September 2018

Delete

Still, she was only written in to kill Omid, that makes her a bad character.

• Fair enough.

DabigRG posted: »

Delete

• Telltale confirmed the character in the trailer is not James.

• TESTIFY!

Delete

• edited September 2018

To be fair, Joan also started out rather grey herself before they decide to just fall back into the Carver model and tap into the Earth Queen.

Hey, at least they didn't milk her killing Omid and wait until the third episode to allow players to brutally smash her head in.

. * Has some confused thoughts *

Badger = one-dimensional evil guy, ends up dead Joan = one-dimensional evil woman, ends up dead or runs away Max = the only morally gray antagonist in ANF that had some level of intrigue to him, disappears from the story after episode 3 ???

• Why the fuck bring back a character from the game who half the community didn't give a fuck about? It's not like I will give 2 shits for that michonne character I hope he's in for a scene then gone or I can kill him somehow.

• oof

Telltale confirmed the character in the trailer is not James. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1041747910281506816

• It's not tho. I swear to god I heard that same "Clementine" shout before but I can't determine who that might be.

AJ? I can't see the video on this page, so I'd have to check.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.