Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Oof ouch owie my Clementine

• For the ones we lost on Friday...
    And for the hope we will see Clem's story finish
    Someday...

• Here, here..

For the ones we lost on Friday... And for the hope we will see Clem's story finish Someday...

• This is sinking...

• Wait, is the season cancelled?

• Yep. We won't be getting Episode 3 and 4.

MissButter posted: »

Wait, is the season cancelled?

• It’s not official

RichWalk23 posted: »

Yep. We won't be getting Episode 3 and 4.

• edited September 2018

So it was true. This is the final waiting thread.

• edited September 2018

That’s not 100% confirmed yet. If we’re lucky, then the remaining 25 will finish twd before moving onto minecraft, or vice versa. If not, we can only hope that another company or group will revive the game.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Yep. We won't be getting Episode 3 and 4.

• It’s not official

That’s not 100% confirmed yet. If we’re lucky, then the remaining 25 will finish twd before moving onto minecraft, or vice versa. If not, we can only hope that another company or group will revive the game.

Believe me, I wish I was wrong. I want to be wrong.

But all signs I've seen thus far seem to be pointing that there's not enough manpower and budget to finish The Final Season, given the current state of Telltale.

• Let's be honest, our chances of getting episodes 3 and 4 are as slim as my chance of becoming a mod.

Melton23 posted: »

• Never buying another episodic game ever again until all episodes are out. And that`s coming from me, I preordered every Telltale game starting with walking dead season 2! Hell, I bought all their walking dead games twice (as well as wolf among us and game of thrones), on ps3 and pc! And now the story will not even get a proper ending? Fuck off, honestly.
    I HOPE we get another episode after episode 2, sort of like the final episode, where things will wrap up quickly.
    And yeah, that escalated hella quickly! We had the final season to wrap up this year, we had wolf among us season 2, stranger things game, some people talked that telltale wanted to continue game of thrones. And now we have none of it.
    I dont know if any of you are familiar with Blues&Bullets? That game got the same treatment - they aimed for Telltale-like game, season pass with 5 episodes. After two episodes were released they removed season pass and started selling them separately. Not long afterwards - other 3 episodes were cancelled, story left unfinished. It is sad to see Telltale go down like that. Such potential.
    I guess company never recovered after their success with the first season of the walking dead. And Bruners toxic management did not help either. If you are unfamiliar I highly recommend you watch a video by Dragon Demands about Telltale. He mostly talks about game of thrones and why it never got continued, but also talks a lot about why Telltale got to the point where they are right now.
    I did not expect that at all. R.I.P. in peace Telltale. It has been an honor (for most of the time, ahm ANF ahm).

• You’re a mod in my eyes ?

Dex-Starr posted: »

Let's be honest, our chances of getting episodes 3 and 4 are as slim as my chance of becoming a mod.

• Soo.. when episode 2 will release what do you expect to happen next? Will Pete inform us about the next episodes or will he stay silent or something else?

• He's gonna stay silent for a few weeks and then break the news that TFS has ended and there will be no E3 and E4 and the spooky skeleton squad will work on Minecraft (fuckity fuck fuck fuck).

Then they'll probably release the future script and some assets that were already done for the future. Idk. We'll see in a few weeks.

NexusFire posted: »

Soo.. when episode 2 will release what do you expect to happen next? Will Pete inform us about the next episodes or will he stay silent or something else?

• Man that would suck.. I'll try to stay optimistic and hope that ep3 and 4 will come out.

Findagon posted: »

He's gonna stay silent for a few weeks and then break the news that TFS has ended and there will be no E3 and E4 and the spooky skeleton squ

• That’s a sad thing to hear. Let’s just hope they’ll finish what they started because that’s the right thing to do

• That must be a really sad day for you. Now you will never become a mod, my apologies. But look at the bright side! Poogers will never become a mod too (Thank God!)!

Dex-Starr posted: »

Let's be honest, our chances of getting episodes 3 and 4 are as slim as my chance of becoming a mod.

• This is A New Frontier 's fault, especially that motherfucker, Kevin Bruner.

• edited September 2018

Goodbye, Clementine.

• Sales were decreasing before A New Frontier. And with how A New Frontier turned out it turned off a lot of people to Telltale. But many of those who left came back during The Final Season. So I wouldn't necessarily blame the closure of the Studio on A New Frontier. But I do agree with you saying Bruner is at fault, because he is at fault. The Company that he co-founded is at its last breath thanks Kevin strangling every ounce of life within Telltale. He drove away some of the Studio's biggest talent, stretched resources and employees too thin, brought on too many projects and too many people so soon after The Walking Dead: Season One due to being blinded by the millions of dollars made by The Walking Dead: Season One. It is his fault, not The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. It may have played a role in the Company's decline but we know who was at the head of the project at the time.....

AronDracula posted: »

This is A New Frontier 's fault, especially that motherfucker, Kevin Bruner.

• I know, I fucking despise his ass. He doesn't get to be sorry. He should never touch the gaming industry ever again.

Sales were decreasing before A New Frontier. And with how A New Frontier turned out it turned off a lot of people to Telltale. But many of t

• He will die..

I know, I fucking despise his ass. He doesn't get to be sorry. He should never touch the gaming industry ever again.

• To me he may feel a bit of sympathy for what happened at Telltale. It is difficult and may even be considered unlikely or next to impossible that he would but he must definitely feel some regret by going after the Company he co-founded and led to around almost 400 people that he hired be laid off because of his actions.

I feel your pain and you have every right to be upset. We just lost Telltale, The Walking Dead and the many amazing employees due to the actions of the former CEO. You have every single right to be annoyed and I can relate to how you feel.

I know, I fucking despise his ass. He doesn't get to be sorry. He should never touch the gaming industry ever again.

• edited September 2018

He didn't apologise for what he did to The Walking Dead ANF so I will never forgive him. That wasn't even Season 3, it was his story. Look at the first teaser and screenshots of the game, it was nothing like what we got in ANF.

I hope the employees find a new home. I wish them luck.

To me he may feel a bit of sympathy for what happened at Telltale. It is difficult and may even be considered unlikely or next to impossible

• Good guy Ubisoft just offered any telltale members without jobs some placements. That’s something at least ?

• When I heard the news:
    :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s

• 5 minutes after:
    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

sss2017 posted: »

When I heard the news:

• 30 minutes later:
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

5 minutes after:

• 5 hours later:
    :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

30 minutes later:

• 1 hour ago:
    :# :# :# :# :# :# :# :# :# :#

5 hours later:

• Right now:
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 hour ago:

• They also recruited Pierre Shorette, Nick Herman, Denis Lennart and Adam Sarahsohn in feburary 2017.

I wonder what they're currently working on.

Good guy Ubisoft just offered any telltale members without jobs some placements. That’s something at least ?

• Why are you laughing right now?

Right now:

NexusFire posted: »

I'm so sad.

• Thanks.

• edited September 2018

I started a S1/S2/S3 marathon again yesterday just to make some other choices and see the impacts they might have in S4, and also to lower the hype I had for the next episodes, got into S2 episode 2 but I stopped playing because anything doesnt matter anymore.
    I thought I was to the point to accept the inevitable but I'm still sad and depressed at same time.

• Never buying another episodic game ever again until all episodes are out.

That's what I've been doing.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Never buying another episodic game ever again until all episodes are out. And that`s coming from me, I preordered every Telltale game starti

• Because it's the worst way to end a series like the walking dead.I'd rather have a terrible ending than this.

MissButter posted: »

Why are you laughing right now?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.