I think Abel is not a bad guy

Comments

• He could... not shoot Clem? Who's unarmed as far as he knows. He didn't need to.

Zack040 posted: »

He doesn't want to shoot anybody at that situation. He just want take some food and leave. But if you ask AJ to shoot Abel, what else can Abel do?

• She did just tell AJ to murder him...
    He's not a bad guy if you don't treat him as one, simple stuff.

He could... not shoot Clem? Who's unarmed as far as he knows. He didn't need to.

• He still takes some of your food, at gun point, nice people don't do that. That was Clem's food he had no claim on it what so ever. If you feel like giving him some food, that says way more about you than it does him.

Jayroen posted: »

She did just tell AJ to murder him... He's not a bad guy if you don't treat him as one, simple stuff.

• It's not Clem's food though.

Plan_R posted: »

He still takes some of your food, at gun point, nice people don't do that. That was Clem's food he had no claim on it what so ever. If you feel like giving him some food, that says way more about you than it does him.

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited August 2018
    1. Asked too many questions

2. Destroyed our traps " it was an honest mistake I'm such a Butterfingers some times" he might have accidentally fucked up one trap or two but " every trap was either sprung and empty or broken. " This means if he was hungry he took our food then sabotaged our traps that had nothing in them so we specifically wouldn't get any food. It wasn't just about his gain it was about our loss. We might have been able to share but he wanted us to be in dire straights for when the raiders come knocking.

• This world operates on Dibs more than anything. That food belonged to no one until Clem showed up and started putting it into her bags. Once she had an active claim on it, it was hers and no else's. If the situation was reversed and Clem had walked in on him loading the bags, I would not have had her shove a gun in his face and demand a slice of the pie, I would have had her ask nicely, as Able should have.

Jayroen posted: »

It's not Clem's food though.

• i think abel is like nate he could be bad but also good at some points like nate he wasnt necessarily a bad guy i hope abel doesnt die no matter what.i hope hes determinant by the end.

• Clementine robbed Javi at gunpoint when they first met in ANF, and she's good.

He still takes some of your food, at gun point, nice people don't do that. That was Clem's food he had no claim on it what so ever. If you feel like giving him some food, that says way more about you than it does him.

• I think he was going to follow Clem again he mentions that it was easy to follow them, I do not know if you learned but bandits always come back, no matter what you said or did with him.we learned this in ANF and in previous ones.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

And she was fully in the wrong to do it. Had Javi attacked her he would have been justified, sure Clem could have robbed Javi, left him naked on the side of the road and chopped a foot off for good measure and I'd still call her my Sweet Pea. But from an objective stand point Clem is the bad guy in that situation. And honestly Able just rubbed me the wrong way, I don't think he is any where near being a good person.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Clementine robbed Javi at gunpoint when they first met in ANF, and she's good.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited August 2018

This world operates on Dibs more than anything.

Yeah, if no one else is present to want whatever it is you found within that moment. That's just basic scavenger rights.

That food belonged to no one until Clem showed up and started putting it into her bags. Once she had an active claim on it, it was hers and no else's

Doesn't matter who found it, who called it, who gave it to you, or who originally owned it. It's only yours if you can walk away with it. If not, then it simply ain't yours.

If the situation was reversed and Clem had walked in on him loading the bags, I would not have had her shove a gun in his face and demand a slice of the pie, I would have had her ask nicely, as Able should have.

In a dog eat dog world, most people throw morals out the window. He probably wouldn't have robbed her if he wasn't starving, but his hunger probably pushed him. He could've taken all of it and left but he saved some for her.

This world operates on Dibs more than anything. That food belonged to no one until Clem showed up and started putting it into her bags. Onc

• "Marlon was under pressure, he's misunderstood"

"Abel seems like a really decent guy"

"OMG AJ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FUCKING PSYCHO"

What in the actual hell has gotten into you guys

• Clem is the bad guy in that situation.

In a dog eat dog world, you gotta look out for #1, even if that means robbing innocence of their belongings. Yeah it's called for in the world they live in.

Able just rubbed me the wrong way, I don't think he is any where near being a good person.

Think of him as being considerate and thoughtful :D .

And she was fully in the wrong to do it. Had Javi attacked her he would have been justified, sure Clem could have robbed Javi, left him nake

• When we get captured he's going to ask for some alone time with Clem. Because we know he's alive the only potential option for him to actually die on screen is an instadeath for Clem and AJ so he's going to be alive and pissed or alive and reasonable. Then when we're left alone with him he's not going to be trying to get into Clem's pants immediately he'll talk to her a bit. Monologue. Then we attack him and escape

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

It's only yours if you can walk away with it. If not, it ain't yours.

No, it's just like a gold claim, once your working it everything in that claim is yours, not once you have it deposited in a bank. That was Clem's food and no else's as soon as she started loading it.

He probably wouldn't have robbed her if he wasn't starving, but his hunger probably pushed him. He could've taken all of it and left but he saved some for her.

That's just supposition, what we know is he walked up on Clem, put a gun on her and took her food. That he decided to leave her some table scraps doesn't make him a nice person. It makes him a bastard who is trying to leave Clem on her knees begging like a dog, and I won't have her live like that.

This world operates on Dibs more than anything. Yeah, if no one else is present to want whatever it is you found within that moment.

• it's just like a gold claim, once your working it everything in that claim is yours, not once you have deposited in a bank

In a world without any kind of authority, such a rule no longer exists. The only rule that exists now is the law of the jungle, which states "those who are strong and apply ruthless self-interest will be most successful".

That he decided to leave her some table scraps doesn't make him a nice person. It makes him a bastard

I don't think he's nice, just a little considerate.

It's only yours if you can walk away with it. If not, it ain't yours. No, it's just like a gold claim, once your working it everythi

• I agree fully with the first part, the second part not so much.

it's just like a gold claim, once your working it everything in that claim is yours, not once you have deposited in a bank In a worl

• Three things?
    1.Marlon was NEVER EVER under pressure or even misunderstood. He was just a idiot and going insane.
    2.Abel wasn't even a nice guy cause he WAS TRYING TO STEAL FOOD FROM YOU!Also he even shoots AJ and You if you say AJ shoot him. Doesn't seem like a nice guy.
    And 3.AJ doesn't know what the hell he is doing at all cause he thought he was helping.

And lastly? I really don't know what is wrong with everybody today.

"Marlon was under pressure, he's misunderstood" "Abel seems like a really decent guy" "OMG AJ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FUCKING PSYCHO" What in the actual hell has gotten into you guys

• 1.Marlon was NEVER EVER under pressure or even misunderstood. He was just a idiot and going insane.

1) the weight from all of the guilt, and the possibility of having to give up more kids in return for safety put a lot of pressure on him

1. he even shoots AJ and You if you say AJ shoot him. Doesn't seem like a nice guy.

Who in the FUCK would let themselves get shot?!?! That's just ridiculous to think he was wrong for defending himself

strwar3 posted: »

Three things? 1.Marlon was NEVER EVER under pressure or even misunderstood. He was just a idiot and going insane. 2.Abel wasn't even a ni

• 1) the weight from all of the guilt, and the possibility of having to give up more kids in return for safety put a lot of pressure on him

Even if he was pressured. He was losing his mind and thought he was helping,but he wasn't at all. He was going insane I mean if play the episode again over and over. He was not helping even by giving up the kids in the group.

Who in the FUCK would let themselves get shot?!?! That's just ridiculous to think he was wrong for defending himself.

So it is ok? I mean he was stealing from us and it wasn't his and Clem wasn't (including me)giving up the food to him.

1.Marlon was NEVER EVER under pressure or even misunderstood. He was just a idiot and going insane. 1) the weight from all of the gu

• I'd shoot Clem in that situation, too. He just killed the kid with her, because she told the kid to shoot him. She might have a gun on her, too. She might pull a knife, anything. She clearly intended to kill him and now she doubly will intend to and rather than give her the chance, end her now.

If you choose the "AJ, shoot!" option, Abel shoots AJ in the face, which- okay, maybe you could argue he was defending himself against this

• Clem didn't walk away in my playthrough.

She watched.

And she was satisfied.

sarahsenpai posted: »

lol no way. the way he forced carlos to hit sarah made me wanna kill him in the worst way. luckily we had our resident psycho kenny to do it for us while clem walked away.

• Then she brags about it in Done Running :D

LLemonSS posted: »

Clem didn't walk away in my playthrough. She watched. And she was satisfied.

• Yeah, it was hilarious :joy:

Nobody knew how to reply to that one!

Then she brags about it in Done Running

• Thats what I'm asking myself as well

"Marlon was under pressure, he's misunderstood" "Abel seems like a really decent guy" "OMG AJ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FUCKING PSYCHO" What in the actual hell has gotten into you guys

• Why are we even arguing about this? He is obviously no good, end of story

• Yeah I find it very weird that just about everyone on this forum will make excuses for every other character but Aj.

• Whether he's a bad guy in general or not is up in the air, however, I doubt he's explicitly with the raiders.

• There is indeed a playthrough where Clementine brings that specific detail up.

sarahsenpai posted: »

didn't brody and mullet say he was from the same group that took the twins when clem described him as having dif colored eyes? i might be misremembering idk.

• The husband in the train station(somehow).

They did. It's possible, albeit unlikely, that there's another person out there with different colored eyes who runs with those raiders and Abel was fairly innocent.

• I mean he was stealing from us and it wasn't his

If you can't walk away with it, it ain't yours.

strwar3 posted: »

1) the weight from all of the guilt, and the possibility of having to give up more kids in return for safety put a lot of pressure on him

• He coerced his friend's wife into having an affair with him, didn't allow Luke to have a toothbrush, threw most of the Cabin Group into the yard at least once, tortured Carlos in front of Sarah, took neutral survivors hostage with the intent of robbing and enslaving them as well, took hostages, killed Walter to win a dickmeasuring contest, struck Clementine with his gun and/or backhand, wouldn't let Troy use the heater to warm up, threatened Clementine for thinking of her parents due to his walkietalkie, tortured Alvin, had Carlos smack Sarah for talking during his boring report, shoved Reggie off the roof over some berries when he only supposed to be checking in on their current progress, was planning on separating AJ and maybe Rebecca from the others to claim ownership over them, beat Kenny's eye in for having the walkietalkie, took away everyone's dinner because of Luke and Kenny's plan, and threatened to gun down Rebecca and AJ.

He did everything wrong.

It's true tho

• That'd be an interesting middleground.

@walkingdanii If you choose the "AJ, shoot!" option, Abel shoots AJ in the face, which- okay, maybe you could argue he was defending himself against this 6 year old. But then he shoots and kills Clem, which he absolutely did not need to do.

It was self-defense at that point and Clementine giving the order meant she was more or less the finger.
    What was he supposed to do, kill AJ and just leave her there with him?

Zack040 posted: »

Maybe Abel just get kick out of his group? He only take some food that enough for himself so that make sense.

• You have to give Abel a lot of props though. He's ugly as fuck yet he still goes outside without a hood or anything on to cover his head/face. If I were him my anxiety would've been off the charts

• I’m more interested in why Marlon was trading with him to begin with. Why did he threaten the school? What does he want from them?

• Maybe, but they looked like they'd been walkers for years.

DabigRG posted: »

The husband in the train station(somehow).

• Yeah I find it very weird that just about everyone on this forum will make excuses for every other asshole but not the more obviously good people.

Fixed.

Yeah I find it very weird that just about everyone on this forum will make excuses for every other character but Aj.

• The girls were probably raped or enslaved.

I’m more interested in why Marlon was trading with him to begin with. Why did he threaten the school? What does he want from them?

• I don't think Marlon was "trading" with them, like some prearranged, regular thing. I think Marlon, Brody, and the twins ran into several armed people while scavenging and rather than break out into a fight, where all the kids would likely be killed or captured, along with some of the raiders being killed, Marlon agreed to let them take the twins without a fight. The raiders get a couple sex slaves and Marlon and Brody get to go back to wherever they came from. It seems like it was a one time thing, which is why Brody was freaking out when Abel turned up.

I’m more interested in why Marlon was trading with him to begin with. Why did he threaten the school? What does he want from them?

• Okay? Well I guess its good to know that your not a Aj hater.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah I find it very weird that just about everyone on this forum will make excuses for every other asshole but not the more obviously good people. Fixed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.