I think Abel is not a bad guy

Comments

• And never was.

I just felt the need to point out that that kind of thing has happened more times than it should in the past.

Okay? Well I guess its good to know that your not a Aj hater.

• What do we make of the fact that he smokes cigarettes made from rolled Bible pages? And that his name is "Abel"? Is there a Kain? Hmm~

• edited August 2018

Well its like Hershel always said:

“You’re going to have to depend on the honesty of strangers if you’re going to make it”. Very true

• Honestly he's prolly bad. I get the feeling he messed the traps up to get the kids out in the open for his group.

• If you push him out of the window, its really reminiscent of Christa's fate...you are not explicitly shown what happened to him but instead, you only hear gunshots leaving room for doubt.
    Same with Christa in the forest in season 2....you only hear gunshots.... coincidence or foreshadowing?

• You really think that they'd incorporate that into the games?

The girls were probably raped or enslaved.

• Kinda have to indulge in those stereotypes now.

You really think that they'd incorporate that into the games?

• edited August 2018

It's what would really happen, so yeah. They've included child deaths and murders and cannibalism. Why not rape and sex slavery? They already hinted at it in season 1.

• Dude... that gif is gonna cause a seizure. It hurts.

• Better or worse than tearing out pages, glueing them to his shirt, and rehearsing them with getting ready to whip.

• I love that movie lol.

"I like the way you die, boy!"

DabigRG posted: »

Better or worse than tearing out pages, glueing them to his shirt, and rehearsing them with getting ready to whip.

• Yeah, my daddy booted it up late one night after calling me for somethin and I honestly didn't mind hanging in there too much.

I love that movie lol. "I like the way you die, boy!"

• Leo should have gotten an Oscar out of that performance at the dinner table alone.

Yeah, my daddy booted it up late one night after calling me for somethin and I honestly didn't mind hanging in there too much.

• Cuts his damn hand open by accident and still owns the scene seamlessly.

Leo should have gotten an Oscar out of that performance at the dinner table alone.

• Exactly.

Cuts his damn hand open by accident and still owns the scene seamlessly.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited August 2018

He deserved one more for his role in The Revenant

Leo should have gotten an Oscar out of that performance at the dinner table alone.

• They’ve done it before. It’s not like they would straight up show it, they would hint and allude to it.

• Fair enough.

They’ve done it before. It’s not like they would straight up show it, they would hint and allude to it.

• edited August 2018

He definitely could have been a lot worse. Holding them both at gun point he could have really done anything to Clementine or AJ, he was actually pretty reasonable and hell, even pleasant compared to a lot of other degenerates in this series. With that said I think all that civility is probably a front for something more aggressive.

• & I think when Clem pushed that loser out the window, he immediately began sweating like a rapist.

EP2 is SO going to prove the OP wrong.

• I feel like telltale isn't ballsy enough to go with the sex slaves on children. But very possibly slaves yes, or walker meat or something.

I don't think Marlon was "trading" with them, like some prearranged, regular thing. I think Marlon, Brody, and the twins ran into several ar

• They're being used as expendable supply run lackeys, IMHO.

Demonarke posted: »

I feel like telltale isn't ballsy enough to go with the sex slaves on children. But very possibly slaves yes, or walker meat or something.

• really? what did she say?

Then she brags about it in Done Running

• edited August 2018

What are you doing at this hour go to bed xD

and also very possible but even though it's kinda messed up I wouldn't mind if they were used as sex slaves for the sake of drama

They're being used as expendable supply run lackeys, IMHO.

• edited August 2018

Also I don't think Abel is a nice guy, I mean he seemed nice enough not to straight up murder AJ and Clem, but I'm pretty sure Carver also wouldn't have shot AJ and Clem.

We'll just have to see how episode 2 plays out

and I think people like me are pissed off by AJ because what he did seemed totally unecessary and a normal kid wouldn't have done that (yes he is not normal but still human with natural empathy) he probably is kinda fucked up in the head.

• And he take poop in bush why not take poop in toilet? Because it have no benefit at moment or he not near toilet so recked nerd!

• They're not really kids. Judging by the photo album in the dresser of Clem and AJ's room, the twins were the same age or maybe a year older than Violet. They'd be really close to Clem's age.

Demonarke posted: »

I feel like telltale isn't ballsy enough to go with the sex slaves on children. But very possibly slaves yes, or walker meat or something.

• People forgetting that those bags didn't belong to Clem in the first place. Not only was she stealing food, she stole the bags she was going to put the food in.

Plan_R posted: »

This world operates on Dibs more than anything. That food belonged to no one until Clem showed up and started putting it into her bags. Onc

• the owners were dead tho.

bazenji posted: »

People forgetting that those bags didn't belong to Clem in the first place. Not only was she stealing food, she stole the bags she was going to put the food in.

• The food presumably had belonged to the couple that tied themselves up and committed suicide so it was fair game. The bags are a fair point. There was only one bag there when her and AJ first arrived, and it was on the bed. When they get back, there's 3 bags lined up neatly under the desk, as if someone was preparing to carry it all out.

bazenji posted: »

People forgetting that those bags didn't belong to Clem in the first place. Not only was she stealing food, she stole the bags she was going to put the food in.

• True, the food was up for grabs, but the bags weren't there when Clem and AJ were first there. There was only one bag, on the bed. When they go back at night there's 3 bags lined up neatly under the desk. Someone put them there, liking prepping to grab all the food, and from a certain perspective, the food belonged to whoever had placed the bags there in preparation to take it.

sarahsenpai posted: »

the owners were dead tho.

• o. i didn't notice that. i assumed clem found those bags around and lined them up. maybe abel already knew about that place for a while then.

True, the food was up for grabs, but the bags weren't there when Clem and AJ were first there. There was only one bag, on the bed. When they

• He probably is a good guy but I attacked him so he'll probably be... "less nice" I guess we could say.

• Yeah those bags definitely weren't under that desk when Clem and AJ were there the first time and that's where Clem grabbed them from when they start collecting the food on the second visit. Clem walks into the room, sees the bags lined up under the desk and says "yes, these will be perfect."

I think maybe Abel was prepping to take it all but then a bunch of kids showed up and started grabbing his food.

sarahsenpai posted: »

o. i didn't notice that. i assumed clem found those bags around and lined them up. maybe abel already knew about that place for a while then.

• edited August 2018

I like that he isn't a cartoonish villain. He seems like a normal survivor.
    I think it's unreasonable to murder someone in cold blood and take their whole life away from them because they grabbed a few cans of beans for dinner. They say later the food Clem gets will probably last a few days, which isn't sustainable anyway.

Murdering people over a few days worth of food, rather than getting extra food via reworking the greenhouse and extending the hunting zones feels inhumane to be. The alternative works far better, especially in the long term.

The fact he went out of his way to explain he didn't want to kill them, backed off when you tell him to stop asking questions, and fulfills his promise and only takes a portion, makes him more interesting to me than the absurdly caricatured murderous psychopaths that post apocalyptic fiction often obsess's over.

This guy has survived the apocalypse for over nine years, same as us, he went through hell the same as anyone, taking away everything he worked for because of beans and a few rabbit snares is highly unreasonable to me.

Like seriously, consider that you are starving, you run across a huge, meaty hare in a snare ripe to be taken, are you honestly asking this guy to act on good will and not take it? (Assuming he was even able to catch anything and didn't just stuff up) Remember the strangers van in season 1?
    Those characters committed a "worse" act, but we justify it because we survived with them and like them. We know nothing about Abel other than that he is hungry, shoots people who attack him with guns, and is good at analyzing other survivors.

Marlon's accidental murder of Brody is much like Lee's killing of the senator I'm guessing, probably hit him just a little too hard. It's inexcusable for him to be abusive like that mind you, utterly reprehensible, I just find it interesting to consider.

I remember people on the forum being sympathetic to Max in New Frontier because he wasn't quite as black and white. Abel is even less confrontational and violent, and doesn't assume people are stealing because they are funneling gas from an apparently abandoned van (and the game doesn't moronically not give you the dialogue option to say that...). Javier's family actually almost did the same thing Abel did at the fishing site or snare traps, they found a bunker full of food and a source of gas, and used it because no one was around, but now that it's not the protagonist, it's unreasonable for people to not starve, because we have to assume every stock isn't abandoned after nine years of people dying.

I think it's good to be mindful of hypocrisy, and not treat murder so lightly, you are literally taking away 40/50 years of someones life, humans don't grow very fast, there are fewer people every day, killing someone over a few cans of beans with so few people left is absurd to me.

They might do a 180 in the next episode and make him a villain, which will leave me a bit disappointed, but even then, assuming someone is evil and killing them without any proof or justification is not okay.

• Completely agree with everything you said, but knowing Telltale they are probably going to make him a villain.
    Either that or he is gonna be a "neutral guy" like if you're nice with him he'll be somehow nice to you, even though I doubt it. I personally gave him food because he said he was hungry, although he didn't have to wave a gun at Clem I still would have given it to him but considering the apocalypse it's understandable. Although I wasn't sure what [attack Abel] meant, I thought it was unecessary as he would not hurt us if we gave him the food and I would have done it anyway.

Honestly I was really surprised by the ammount of people who actually attacked Abel

Ashran posted: »

I like that he isn't a cartoonish villain. He seems like a normal survivor. I think it's unreasonable to murder someone in cold blood and t

• lol. It's funny because, during the apocalypse, that was the polite way of asking. Gun and all.

I think Abel is a pretty cool guy. Eh asks for food politely and doesnt afraid of anything.

• Yeah, but that's to be expected. Like your saying you'd go ask some random stranger for food without precautions? What if Clem was in Abel's situation? He didn't underestimate her just for being a teenage girl, which was smart.
    However I agree that he's not to be trusted. It's just not because he pointed a gun at Clem. He, in general, seemed fishy. Trying to get info on Clem's situation and stuff.

"You can trust them by their actions. They can try to fool you with their words but someone worth your trust does good things" Abel feign

• I don't remember if that was you in the Christa thread as well, but please say what the presumed spoiler you're posting is from.

& I think when Clem pushed that loser out the window, he immediately began sweating like a rapist. (Spoiler)

• Protagonist Centered Morality, is the term.

Ashran posted: »

I like that he isn't a cartoonish villain. He seems like a normal survivor. I think it's unreasonable to murder someone in cold blood and t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.