I think Abel is not a bad guy

124»

Comments

• Personally, I'm expecting/hoping him to be at least a stool pigeon-type character--the type to go about their business but has little issue spreading current events if the need/conversation arises and may even personally show a group around the scene if they give him an incentive to keep company for a while.
    Which, in most people's case, is unnecessary and/or a bonus for incidental payback.

Demonarke posted: »

Completely agree with everything you said, but knowing Telltale they are probably going to make him a villain. Either that or he is gonna

• I agree with you. No one gets older memes, though. I'm trying to talk a few friends who Nope'd ANF back into the series, my quip might've been better spent on them lol

GamerLady posted: »

lol. It's funny because, during the apocalypse, that was the polite way of asking. Gun and all.

• Interesting phrase, sums it up rather well I believe. Where did you learn it from?

DabigRG posted: »

Protagonist Centered Morality, is the term.

• TVTropes. Where else?

Ashran posted: »

Interesting phrase, sums it up rather well I believe. Where did you learn it from?

• Completely agree. I pushed him out the window only because he had a gun pointed directly at AJ, and even though I knew AJ wouldn't die that quick, my instinct was to push him away from AJ as soon as possible so he wouldn't die.

Looking back however, I realize how bad of an idea that was, and so, since this is The Final Season, I made an alternative save file where Clem gives Abel some food. You've basically stated my internal reasons for regretting that decision, so I won't need to list them.

However, hopefully, if Abel and Clem meet again in Episode 2, Clem can apologize in some way for shoving him out the window, or at least acknowledge it, (based on player choice) that it was a rash action.

Ashran posted: »

I like that he isn't a cartoonish villain. He seems like a normal survivor. I think it's unreasonable to murder someone in cold blood and t

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

However, hopefully, if Abel and Clem meet again in Episode 2, Clem can apologize in some way for shoving him out the window, or at least acknowledge it, (based on player choice) that it was a rash action.

I hate to say it, but even if we end up getting that option, I'm pretty sure it won't make him reconsider. I mean, you did shove him into a pack of walkers. Apology or not, I don't think most people would be very understanding of you literally shoving them into an almost certain death. If someone did that to me, I'd tell them to take their apology and shove it somewhere else, if you catch my drift.

Completely agree. I pushed him out the window only because he had a gun pointed directly at AJ, and even though I knew AJ wouldn't die that

• edited August 2018

They want to keep the rating the same.

It's what would really happen, so yeah. They've included child deaths and murders and cannibalism. Why not rape and sex slavery? They already hinted at it in season 1.

• In the Bible Abel is a guy who pleases the Lord with his animal sacrifices. He is considered a good man. He is murdered by his brother Cain out of jealousy. Looking at the bible cigarettes perhaps this could be turned into a good guy/ bad guy theory.

• He had a gun on them. If it were me I'd understand.

"Yeah well I had a gun on you. I'd have pushed me too. I'm not mad. I'm really just impressed with your courage."

Deltino posted: »

However, hopefully, if Abel and Clem meet again in Episode 2, Clem can apologize in some way for shoving him out the window, or at least ack

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

However, hopefully, if Abel and Clem meet again in Episode 2, Clem can apologize in some way for shoving him out the window, or at least acknowledge

I hope the other dialogue option is to let him know that next time I'll shove him into bigger pack of Walkers.

Completely agree. I pushed him out the window only because he had a gun pointed directly at AJ, and even though I knew AJ wouldn't die that

• Well, sure, you can say that now ...

He had a gun on them. If it were me I'd understand. "Yeah well I had a gun on you. I'd have pushed me too. I'm not mad. I'm really just impressed with your courage."

• I'd say it then, too. I'm really empathetic. It's why I'm on team Marlon. I don't condone what he did, but I understand it and don't think he was evil or anything.

Well, sure, you can say that now ...

• Anyone would be pissed at the moment, but if you are a really empathetic person then chances are when your anger comes down you are gonna try to see their point of view. So what Hillbilly said isn't all that special.

Well, sure, you can say that now ...

• Realistically I can understand him. He is a starving man in the zombie apocalypse, he needed food and he held me at gunpoint to get it. But that's as far as I go with the reasoning. He is him and I am me. He was the one that got to the conclusion that the only way to do this was under the threat of a gun. As bad as this sounds, I don't pity him because he chose to engage and he lost.

• Exactly.

Demonarke posted: »

Anyone would be pissed at the moment, but if you are a really empathetic person then chances are when your anger comes down you are gonna try to see their point of view. So what Hillbilly said isn't all that special.

• Was the dialogue not clear that Abel is a part of the raider group that confronted the school before and most likely enslaves children?

• Leave my man abel he done nothing wrong

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited August 2018

If it were me, I'd understand too. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna kill her for pushing me through the window though.

He had a gun on them. If it were me I'd understand. "Yeah well I had a gun on you. I'd have pushed me too. I'm not mad. I'm really just impressed with your courage."

• I like his character. He looks like someone who has survived in an apocalypse for (8?) Years. (Unlike Clementine, who looks like she's just come out of a beauty salon.)

His voice actor is good.

He only took one bag, he could have gone full hog when you lower AJs gun and taken them all

• Clem looks grizzled and dirty as hell.

Stewart25 posted: »

I like his character. He looks like someone who has survived in an apocalypse for (8?) Years. (Unlike Clementine, who looks like she's just

• In the moment I definitely would be angry with her but after emotions had calmed I wouldn't even hold a grudge over it lol.

Dex-Starr posted: »

If it were me, I'd understand too. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna kill her for pushing me through the window though.

• Clementine looks like she's just come out of a beauty salon

She looks like she came out of hell

I like his character. He looks like someone who has survived in an apocalypse for (8?) Years. (Unlike Clementine, who looks like she's just

• I couldn't. I hold grudges :D

In the moment I definitely would be angry with her but after emotions had calmed I wouldn't even hold a grudge over it lol.

• Especially since it'd be a justified, understandable one in that case.

I couldn't. I hold grudges

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

nah he aint bad some of his music sucks tho,oh wait,wrong Abel

• I wonder who Abel was before the apocalypse. Did he drive a beat up pick up, wear the world's dirtiest wife-beater tank top with his mechanic jumpsuit tied up to his waist, always carrying a 22 oz beer bottle, while smoking a cigarette, face covered in sweat, and smelling like diesel? Did he sit out front on his porch in a rocking chair, holding his shotgun in his lap? Did he play the typical banjo riff early in the morning while chewing a wheat straw or a toothpick? Did he have a bloodhound named Otis that would lay on his front porch with sunken eyelids, howling once every now and then, while only making the slightest of movements when greeted by Abel? Did Abel have one of those TV's with the fat back that was missing some knobs with antennas on it, where tin foil wrapped around one of them? Was it mostly static that he'd watch during the day? Did he have 100s of mouse traps throughout his house? Did he have the world's dirtiest, most messiest kitchen? Was the inside of his fridge covered in grime, containing a pot with last week's dinner next to 3 or 4 empty beer bottles that were missing their labels? Was his bathroom so disgusting, not even he would use it? Did he sleep on his couch that was missing some cushions or did he sleep in his bed that had many springs popping out of it? Did he work at one of those small gas stations where young adults would make pit stops to refuel for their getaway trip that was many miles ahead? Did he create awkward, slow-paced conversations with them? Did he ever fail to break eye contact with them while he slowly refueled their car?

• She looks beautiful to me

Clementine looks like she's just come out of a beauty salon She looks like she came out of hell

• She's definitely very pretty, but I meant she's got dirt and grime all over her face. And she looks like she smells like shit with a hint of must

She looks beautiful to me

• Carver started off as a 'nice' guy and look where that turned out. Knowing Telltale, they will just recycle the same storyline.

• He took one bag most likely because he needed a gun in the other. Otherwise, he would’ve been the one eaten instead of the actual food.

• To be fair, that was a man in a coat named William Carver. Who is a scruffy middle aged white man with a raspy voice in a fur coat. And who the Cabin Group were on the run from.

Not exactly the most trustworthy person on mention.

Carver started off as a 'nice' guy and look where that turned out. Knowing Telltale, they will just recycle the same storyline.

• Lzzy Hale has a raspy voice and she is a lovely human being. Maybe some individuals did not realise who the Cabin Group were referring to? I may be wrong, but I do not think Abel is a good character. We will just have to wait and see.

To be fair, that was a man in a coat named William Carver. Who is a scruffy middle aged white man with a raspy voice in a fur coat. And who the Cabin Group were on the run from. Not exactly the most trustworthy person on mention.

• Lzzy Hale has a raspy voice and she is a lovely human being.

Who?

Maybe some individuals did not realise who the Cabin Group were referring to?

How?

I may be wrong, but I do not think Abel is a good character. We will just have to wait and see.

I mean, sure, the villains tend to be of questionable writing quality, but that doesn't really answer to his conduct.

Lzzy Hale has a raspy voice and she is a lovely human being. Maybe some individuals did not realise who the Cabin Group were referring to? I may be wrong, but I do not think Abel is a good character. We will just have to wait and see.

• edited August 2018

From what I've seen, I don't really think Abel's that bad of a guy. Yeah, he aimed a gun at Clementine and AJ, and yeah, he stole the food, but he didn't commit any real harm. He took some of the food when he could've tried taking it all and he even acknowledges that he doesn't want to hurt them. He was reasonable enough for a fella surviving in the apocalypse, really.

Suspicious? Ruthless? Dangerous? Yes, yes and yes, but I'm leaning more on him being a man of self-interest rather than one of full villainous intent. For now, anyway.

As a side note, I'm guessing that he was likely a member of the raiders mentioned, as Brody recognized him but has since left them. He seemed to be alone and only took what seemed to be enough for one.

• i don't know if he good or bad but there is one think i know for sure the next time we see each other its not gonna end up good for both of us from the moment he entered the train station and pointed a gun at me all what i was thinking about is to hurt him.

• Abel is a bad egg. Him already having a reputation according to Brody about being connected to the raiders mean Abel could’ve been there on the night that the twins were taken, or he might have met Marlon on another occasion. Brody and Marlon having this close of a relationship you would assume that they talked about this guy and what he looked like, explaining Brody’s reaction on his description. My understanding is that Marlon spoke to the raiders in the past but never gave them the exact location of the school. When he stayed quiet they sent Abel to get information to come back to for a possible attack, Abel playing nice to get answers from Clem despite blowing his cover shows this. Even in the times when he looked the most suspicious Abel wouldn’t just admit to doing those sabotages on purpose and that he was part of some crazy group. He wanted to stay alive long enough to bring the news of his findings.

• edited August 2018

People tend to miss the great writing here and how this is one of the best moments we’ve had in these games imo. Even forgetting about his connection to the raiders and to imagine he was a random wanderer, this would still be a great moment. Any survivor would have to carry with them a gun at all times, politeness of letting someone go after being presented with a chance for food is gone. You would have to risk it all and steal on the spot if you want to live. Clementine with the knowledge of the sabotages and in the presence of a gun in which could endanger AJ is stuck at a choice that has no good outcome, it comes into the grey area in morality where there isn’t a right or wrong choice. Let the person go who could murder your group later? Or endanger you and AJ’s life in the current moment with a confrontation where only you can win?

• Not shoot Clem aswel

Zack040 posted: »

He doesn't want to shoot anybody at that situation. He just want take some food and leave. But if you ask AJ to shoot Abel, what else can Abel do?

• She ordered the boy to shoot. Therefore, murderous intent has been confirmed and not counterattacking to the fullest would be foolish .

Sophiee994 posted: »

Not shoot Clem aswel

• He called Clem a wise woman, that’s reason enough.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.