Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• not on psn.

JmoooX posted: »

I wonder if it's still available on psn/xbox marketplace Ok, just checked - still available

• edited September 2018

BigBadPaul posted: »

We will make it.

• I've heard some theories that this is because it got picked up by another company and needs re-licensing. So everyone pray.

• Praying praying praying

• At least someone is optimistic.

I've heard some theories that this is because it got picked up by another company and needs re-licensing. So everyone pray.

• edited September 2018

Might be, if you check steamdb.info/app/866800/history the game has got some updates, why updating something that would be taken off from the store in the first place?

I've heard some theories that this is because it got picked up by another company and needs re-licensing. So everyone pray.

• Could this be a result of the class action lawsuit against Telltale by their from their former employees? Or because of the potential partnership?

At this point, I was really happy with ep 2 and am still super fucking upset on behalf of the laid off employees. Whatever is going to happen with TWDG s4 is going to happen.

• edited September 2018

Well I am 100% sure it's still on Xbox market

WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORY AHEAD: Maybe it means that Xbox bought TTG?*

*Just joking

• Here's what i could find from the credits. I'm not a legal person so i can't really say what this all means exactly.

Also this was something I forgot to bring up last night, but did anyone else see the last bit of the credits for episode 2? It seemed like T

• Ahh, it looks like it's just permission to sell the game I guess? I'm not knowledgeable on legal matters like this either.

bobshaw posted: »

Here's what i could find from the credits. I'm not a legal person so i can't really say what this all means exactly.

• edited September 2018

How will I continue on with my life not knowing what happened to Clem...

• I'm sure there will be plenty of fan fictions for you to read about the future of the character on fanfiction.net.

MrNoodles posted: »

• edited September 2018

Clementine rescues everyone that was kidnapped, has a baby with Violet and AJ becomes the founder of the New States of America and they all live happily ever after.

MrNoodles posted: »

• As a person who heavily dislikes fan fiction, ew.

sony12 posted: »

I'm sure there will be plenty of fan fictions for you to read about the future of the character on fanfiction.net.

• Badass.

Clementine rescues everyone that was kidnapped, has a baby with Violet and AJ becomes the founder of the New States of America and they all live happily ever after.

• So, seems like TFS has been delisted from all stores, probably until they find a way to release the next one. I checked Xbox, gog and Steam.

gog had this statement up:
    "Telltale has requested a temporary pause of sales of The Walking Dead - Final Season. For all up to date Telltale news, please refer to their official Twitter page."

• this.

dojo32161 posted: »

As a person who heavily dislikes fan fiction, ew.

• That permission in the credits is for the Lua programming language, not the game.

Here's what i could find from the credits. I'm not a legal person so i can't really say what this all means exactly.

• Any theories on why the game was updated alot and then removed from steam?

• edited September 2018

The game wasn't removed, you just can't buy it for now.

gta3demon posted: »

Any theories on why the game was updated alot and then removed from steam?

• licensing probably. can't sell the game if you don't have the proper licensing!

Any theories on why the game was updated alot and then removed from steam?

• Yeah, no. I've seen the kind of crap that has been posted on fanfiction.net for TWD game, let's just say a lot of it is pretty fucked up. I don't want to get too much into one in particular, but let's just say there's one that involves Carver doing very disturbing things to Clem, and then Clem causing self harm to herself as a result, among another thing that I don't want to talk about.

I'm sure there will be plenty of fan fictions for you to read about the future of the character on fanfiction.net.

• If its not canon I couldn't care less tbh.

• So...it was removed.

bluewalker posted: »

The game wasn't removed, you just can't buy it for now.

• Is that AJ's feelings about Kevin Bruner?

https://twitter.com/ThatNobodyRyan/status/1044727695014330368 Damn

• edited September 2018

@Akibaba Thankyou for the knowledge ;)

Akibaba posted: »

That permission in the credits is for the Lua programming language, not the game.

• Hmm...so the fact they removed it means it possibly got sold?

remorse667 posted: »

licensing probably. can't sell the game if you don't have the proper licensing!

• Not if you already have it.

So...it was removed.

• Also, seems like the funding trouble was caused by two potential funders they were relying on backing out of talks the day before shutdown - AMC and Smilegate. That, along with Lionsgate pulling their funding led us to this. Looks like they didn't know they would have to close until just the day before, they thought talks were going well.

Link to Variety article: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/amc-smilegate-telltale-closure-1202957632/

• no idea. just my guess. could be a steam glitch, but if it isn't a steam glitch they probably can't sell the game without proper licensing which I am assuming with the sudden closure, they don't have.

Hmm...so the fact they removed it means it possibly got sold?

• Well that would certainly explain why everything happened so quickly on Friday in regards to everyone being fired. However, that's still really bad management on Telltale's part because it seemed like they put all of their eggs into one basket, relying to heavily on this deal to go through in order to keep the company afloat. It seemed to be a last ditch attempt to try and save the company, hence the desperation to try and get the deal done, but ultimately didn't work.

Also, seems like the funding trouble was caused by two potential funders they were relying on backing out of talks the day before shutdown -

• I rest my case.

Jayroen posted: »

Oh sorry, I didn't see the sign.

• Your welcome.

Jayroen posted: »

Oh sorry, I didn't see the sign.

• Does that mean that somehow ... Telltale was swindled?

Also, seems like the funding trouble was caused by two potential funders they were relying on backing out of talks the day before shutdown -

• I was thinking the same. And I think it would be true if they were relying on just one of these companies but, really, what were the chances of all three baskets showing up empty pretty much at once, without warning?

Well that would certainly explain why everything happened so quickly on Friday in regards to everyone being fired. However, that's still rea

• More likely just a round of extreme bad luck. Does explain why everything happened so fast though...

Does that mean that somehow ... Telltale was swindled?

• Another reason to despise AMC.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.