McCarrol Ranch

Will we ever know what the hell has happened there? I thought that we would have a build up in those first three episodes that would be giving us some hints and anything, but generally it is just mentioned at some point and that's all.

Comments

• They should've already explained it in EP1 tbh

• Maybe we will get a stand alone episode called the ranch

• I mean I didn't mind the build up for it, but it's already EP3 and we don't know shit about it. Like literally nothing except for the fact that something bad happened here.

They should've already explained it in EP1 tbh

• Kent Mudle said that we will finally discover what happened there during the finale

• One of the Devs said we will find out what happened at McCarroll Ranch eventually, so expect a flashback in Episode 4. They wouldn't keep mentioning it if we won't ever find out.

• source?

Kent Mudle said that we will finally discover what happened there during the finale

• I have a feeling that the finale is going to be just as bad as the season.

• We should find out by the end but Im kinda afraid it wont be satisfying or anything interesting. They've built it up as some big mystery and some tragic event but we still dont really know shit about it other than it was attacked/the group fell apart. I hope it gives some sort of twist to it to make it more interesting than just "yeah bruh that place fuckin died lmao" and leave it at that, because if thats the case they should have just established from the start thats all that happened instead of building it up just for it to be something that simple.

• Its still better than the season Jane was in.

I have a feeling that the finale is going to be just as bad as the season.

• I respect your opinion, Joshua, but she is mine and @Dex-Starr’s Queen. ?

Joshua1991 posted: »

Its still better than the season Jane was in.

• Someone else guessed it but I'm betting it's after the cliffhanger bomb explosion.

Getting knocked out is always the perfect segue to a dream sequence.

• I’m so salty to know about the McCarroll ranch.

• They should have a extra episode about the ranch

• Go play ANF and shut up

I have a feeling that the finale is going to be just as bad as the season.

• Yessir. ?

Go play ANF and shut up

• I'm worried this shit is going to be super disappointing this is something that should've been explained in episode 1 already so this better be good.

• If they explain this and we get to see the Delta in the finale. This is going to be a lit fucking finale.

• Yes! That's what I think. I bet it'll be the opening scene of episode 4. Clem got the crap knocked out of her at the end of 3, she's going to have a good long flashback/dream I bet.

Someone else guessed it but I'm betting it's after the cliffhanger bomb explosion. Getting knocked out is always the perfect segue to a dream sequence.

• Agreed. It's gotta be something big or else all the build will be wasted. I mean, after all Clem's been through, it's gotta be something crazy to give her repeated nightmares.

iFoRias posted: »

I'm worried this shit is going to be super disappointing this is something that should've been explained in episode 1 already so this better be good.

• Maybe Christa was there and died. Long stretch but what else will make this build up worth it? Final Season Final Episode. Have a feeling it's going to be a nice fat flop

• You're not going to see Delta in the finale. The boat is broken and their main camp is probably quite far.

If they explain this and we get to see the Delta in the finale. This is going to be a lit fucking finale.

• I'm not giving up yet i think it's still going to be a good final or at least a good and satisfying ending for Clementine's story,they did say that they wrote the ending of the game first,and they seem pretty confident.

But yeah i don't think all the build up for that Ranch flashback is going to be worth it.

Dan10 posted: »

Maybe Christa was there and died. Long stretch but what else will make this build up worth it? Final Season Final Episode. Have a feeling it's going to be a nice fat flop

• Clem said she would do anything for AJ. The McCarrol Ranch flashback will show us how far she went for him

• Everyone worrying about what happened at McCarrol Ranch, and I'm here still wondering what the fuck happened to Richmond, and why Clem didn't go back there with AJ.

• I think she killed a child by accident at the ranch, she was so bloodthirsty at the end of season 3, not really caring about the lives she took, then in s4 ep 1 she's all like "let's not kill the walkers leave them be" something happened and made her go soft and have nightmares about it. Just you watch she kills a child and they all think she's a monster.

• edited January 2019

Nah I bet it's more likely that she saw someone turn and the trauma comes form the context of why they turned.

The whole season's been weird with the way the writers have tried to portray the walkers, from the very beginning at the train station where like you said Clem is soft about them for no reason (which is OOC for my savage Clem), to James' silly philosophical BS about walkers having a soul.

So it's definitely something walker-related. Nothing in the 3 episodes we've had have hinted anything about it being child-related. More likely that she killed a lot of (adult) people and she had an experience with someone turning.

Notice the running sub-theme in this episode was the horror of turning (Abel), and James' whole escapade with the walker barn?

MaxTheFax posted: »

I think she killed a child by accident at the ranch, she was so bloodthirsty at the end of season 3, not really caring about the lives she t

• edited January 2019

That's a valid idea. I mean, they have fixated on the walker thing, but maybe that's just to try and seem deep? I don't know. Clementine's seen a lot of people turn. I chose to go with Jane at the end of season 2 and she can let Jane turn after she hangs herself. She saw AJ's mom turn while holding AJ. I would be surprised if it had something to do with that.

Nah I bet it's more likely that she saw someone turn and the trauma comes form the context of why they turned. The whole season's been

• edited January 2019

I just think if her trauma was related to a child/baby being killed at the ranch, through her own fault, it would have been foreshadowed in some shape or form. It's a simple writing technique.

Notice we know that The Ranch likely involves some form of mass death, because AJ implies " all the blood" and says Clem "has killed a lot of people before". And notice Clem's weird thing with people having their wishes be respected even when they're dead (in relation to the couple at he train station). These are all little clues. And I definitely think James is apart of supplementing these clues, especially in the third episode.

Babies or children being slaughtered would have been a constant anxiety Clem would have expressed or foreshadowed to the audience if that were the case, imo.

Pyreflie posted: »

That's a valid idea. I mean, they have fixated on the walker thing, but maybe that's just to try and seem deep? I don't know. Clementine's s

• That all makes sense. I'm not saying she killed children. I just think the respecting dead people's wishes and sentient walkers is more of a foreshadowing of the ending and not the ranch. Maybe? I have no idea. It's an interesting guess though. I'm super curious what the heck happened there.

I just think if her trauma was related to a child/baby being killed at the ranch, through her own fault, it would have been foreshadowed in

• Why are people liking your comments when you are degrading the final season? I do this and get whiplash for no apparent reason. ¡No es justo!

I'm worried this shit is going to be super disappointing this is something that should've been explained in episode 1 already so this better be good.

• The whole season has been wasted. What is so good about it? The cast and storyline are awful and the gameplay is just as monotonous as quick-time events. What else am I missing?

Pyreflie posted: »

Agreed. It's gotta be something big or else all the build will be wasted. I mean, after all Clem's been through, it's gotta be something crazy to give her repeated nightmares.

• Because i don't shit on this season for no good reasons,i'm worried about the ranch stuff but it might be good,who knows.

Why are people liking your comments when you are degrading the final season? I do this and get whiplash for no apparent reason. ¡No es justo!

• edited January 2019

The cast was great,it's probably the best Cast we had since Season 1 imo,Louis and Violet are great characters,the other characters like Mitch who had no personality gets more development in episode 2,same for Willy in EP3,Tenn is also pretty good i like him,and Ruby.

The relationship between Clem and AJ is also what makes this season completely worth it,it's just extremely good they did such a great job with that AJ's probably the most interesting character in this game imo.

I think the only bad ones were Omar and Aasim.

The gameplay is also great you're just completely wrong it's an improvement over the first games,a minor improvements but still,it "feels good" when you actually Play it and don't watch some random dude on youtube play the game.

The storyline i will agree on that,i think Lilly was wasted and the plot was too basic,but i honestly think everything else was good.

Even the music was great,Jared made a lot of new musics instead of re-using the same ass old ones like in A New Frontier.

And the art-style this season is amazing,way better than that shitty art-style in A New Frontier.

The whole season has been wasted. What is so good about it? The cast and storyline are awful and the gameplay is just as monotonous as quick-time events. What else am I missing?

• Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they stink and your opinion is shit lol

The whole season has been wasted. What is so good about it? The cast and storyline are awful and the gameplay is just as monotonous as quick-time events. What else am I missing?

• You made me chuckle.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they stink and your opinion is shit lol

• Madre de dios.

Because i don't shit on this season for no good reasons,i'm worried about the ranch stuff but it might be good,who knows.

• I played the demo if that suffices.

The cast was great,it's probably the best Cast we had since Season 1 imo,Louis and Violet are great characters,the other characters like Mit

• Good to know

You made me chuckle.

• If there is one negative I’m taking away from this season, it’s the McCarrol Ranch. Idgaf about that ranch nor what happened there. They’re being so very cryptic about it but haven’t given a specific reason as to why I should care about what happened there. Clem and AJ are moving on. The situation they’re in now is the cause for concern.

That’s the thing about flashbacks. If it doesn’t add any relevancy to what’s happening in the present, it should be left alone. Aside from some mentions and the cryptic nightmare, they don’t even seem too affected by what happened. It only ever comes up when time needs to be filled or to let you, the player, know that “yes this is still a plot point. Care about it.” Well I don’t.

Can they make me care? Of course they can. I can be 100% blown away by that story. But right now I’m not convinced that I will be.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.