Maybe Skybound shouldn't have completed this one

I mean seriously they are making much money doing this and it seams like everyone hate’s this season and talking bad about it and why is skybound trying if no one wants it since even it’s own so called “fans” are hating on it I’m just done with you all and I know I’m going to be hated saying this but this is my favorite game series of all time and I’m so lucky to even have this game but now all I just hear is how it’s terrible and that it’s nothing like the walking dead and skybound the creators of the walking dead are doing this game for the fans and apparently it’s not good enough skybound doesn’t deserve this

Comments

• Maybe you shouldn't take criticism of this so poorly.

• edited January 2019

I think it was done mainly to avoid bad press. You're right there wasn't much point to finishing it from strictly a financial standpoint so not finishing it would have little affect that way. However the game has the word 'skybound' on it just like the comic does so they are going to do what they can to avoid bad press for the comic.

Them finishing this game had little to do with the concerns about the game and almost everything to do with concerns about the comic.

• I think Skybound should've bought TWD Telltale series years ago. Certainly would've avoided problems caused by Kevin Bruner.

• As long as Telltale was still a company there was no way they would have let go of their Walking Dead IP. Even though season 1 was the only game of the series that sold all that well it was still their series that was selling the best.

Plus Skybound wasn't in a position to make any games until very recently. They still might not even be in a position to do it now as they were simply able to get some of Telltale's former staff to come back temporarily to finish it off.

patrickrc95 posted: »

I think Skybound should've bought TWD Telltale series years ago. Certainly would've avoided problems caused by Kevin Bruner.

• I'm grateful we got the last two episodes,i never said this season is "terrible",but it's not "amazing" either.

Now i've noticed that some people here can't handle Criticism
    they keep saying that we should be grateful and blablabla and yes i am,obviously i'm happy they're even finishing this game,
    but when there's something i didn't like,like what they've done with Lilly for example,well i'm gonna talk about it,i'm not gonna keep my mouth shut just because they're finishing the game man.

• I've only seen a few people flat out shitting on it and saying it sucks. Most people on the forums love or like the game. I love it personally, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a few flaws that are worth pointing out.

• I mean Im not really digging where the story is heading at the moment but I've enjoyed most of the season. Id much rather the game be finished then left undone half way through, unless something just beyond terrible happens in episode 4.

also why couldnt ANF have been canceled smh, like damn I would have paid another 25 bucks just for them to stop making episodes of ANF if I was able to

• edited January 2019

That's a stupid viewpoint. Literally 99% of people are glad this game was finished, including me, yet I'm still able to recognise the flaws the game obviously has. What's the issue? I'm not gonna be here and be a yes-man just because they're finishing it. I don't hate the game, I don't like certain aspects of it. Are we not allowed to criticise the game? Is that considered being ungrateful now? As far as I can see, most people generally like this game compared to ANF.

• It's cool you feel so strongly about this game. I do too. I believe this is the second best season of TWD we've had and a very close first for me as well. But you have to learn to handle criticism, especially when said criticism is being dished out maturely. TTG's unfortunate demise and miracle comeback to finish TFS does not excuse it from being critiqued.

• edited January 2019

See the problem for me is that as the overall quality goes up from I see the amount of negativity remains the same. It just seems stupid to me that for all the much needed improvements in terms of length, pacing, and character building people still put out just as much negativity as before. It just doesn't seem fair to me. In the words of Sheriff Bigby "I just can't win with these people."

iFoRias posted: »

I'm grateful we got the last two episodes,i never said this season is "terrible",but it's not "amazing" either. Now i've noticed that som

• Just because a game improves doesn't mean it cant be criticized. Final Season is still a decent game but it still has plenty of problems that deserve criticism. Just because it improves in some areas, it doesn't mean other areas that haven't improved or have even gotten worse suddenly dont matter.

patrickrc95 posted: »

See the problem for me is that as the overall quality goes up from I see the amount of negativity remains the same. It just seems stupid to

• @Erinour It's a normal initial reaction to something you enjoy being criticized to be upset, however I would invite you to view it from a different perspective. This isn't criticizing Skybound. Everyone I have seen is 100% happy with them, and amazed they took this on themselves. The script for The Final Season was complete. What we have is what TellTale created brought to us by Skybound.

If you keep that in mind, and keep in mind that Skybound themselves have reached out to see if fans would be interested in a product like this crafted by their hands --- think of the benefit they have in viewing all of this.

• What people liked
    • What they loved
    • What didn't work
    • Why it didn't work
    • What do their fans talk about the most and generates buzz

With the right frame of mind, and ability to reflect on the input given, it can be applied to deliver on consumer expectations.

• Lets just wait for the final episode, shall we?
    I mean, without the ending season 1 wouldn't have been as memorable as it is either. And there's plenty to criticize about that game too.

• I hate this season so will continue criticizing it till it's no more. theres nothing in the final episode that will magically fix this mess

• But it gave skybound good publicity by finishing the final season

• Wow, such cynicism towards licensing companies.

• Actually, it’s been very well received on the whole.

• I'm super pumped they are finishing it. I've loved it all so far.

• but now all I just hear is how it’s terrible and that it’s nothing like the walking dead

That's because of the few people who dislike big parts of the game for one reason or another and they will let you know that they do. Often. It's the vocal minority. This season has been really well received overall.

• I, for one, am ecstatic that they are finishing TFS. Though I enjoyed some seasons more than others; they are all memorable to me.

• You'd figure complaining about Ep.3 would get old... guess not

• You can say this about anything in this game, tbh.

You'd figure complaining about Ep.3 would get old... guess not

• Very true. Imagine how many comments a title like What was wrong with ANF

DabigRG posted: »

You can say this about anything in this game, tbh.

• Didn't like a little bit of the previous and the preparations for the next episode but I'm glad this is getting finished regardless.

• edited February 2019

Episode 3 was definitely not bad but it sure did have flaws. I was not a fan of Lilly's little screentime, it just makes her whole return and the optional sad dialogue with Clem in the previous episode pointless. Her motivation of kidnapping children for war was ruined by Lilly's decision of torturing them and cutting their tongues out (Poor Louis). Also, the episode ending was so weak for a season finale set up. It was all actiony and Lilly being determinant left us with no antagonist for the finale. Who is going to be next to kill? Delta's war opponent nobody cares about?

Overall, like I said, this episode isn't bad but there are some flaws that cannot be ignored. It's still better than A New Frontier. If someone thinks they liked ANF better than TFS, don't talk to me.

• There isn't going an antagonist next episode, as there shouldn't be. Do you REALLY want Clem's final episode to be just hunting down Lily or fighting some other group?

AronDracula posted: »

Episode 3 was definitely not bad but it sure did have flaws. I was not a fan of Lilly's little screentime, it just makes her whole return an

• Lilly if alive is going to appear in episode 4 where they'll probs just make her more of a big meanie for a while before they off her.

If she just disappears like Joan in ANF that would put Lilly in pretty equal ranks to being as trash of an antagonist.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

There isn't going an antagonist next episode, as there shouldn't be. Do you REALLY want Clem's final episode to be just hunting down Lily or fighting some other group?

• All determinant characters will be able to survive the season, this has already been confirmed. Just because the story doesn't go the way we expect or want it to, ie Lily being redeemable, doesnt mean it's bad. Lily has been a good antagonist, shes been well written, well performed.

Poogers555 posted: »

Lilly if alive is going to appear in episode 4 where they'll probs just make her more of a big meanie for a while before they off her. If

• When was it ever confirmed all determinant characters will survive the season?

Also you'd lying to yourself about Lilly being a good antagonist, and well written. She really isnt. Also no one who thinks Lilly is a weak character wanted her to go on some redemption story, they wanted her actions to make a little sense instead of her constant conflicting goals and comedic villainous actions with 0 development.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

All determinant characters will be able to survive the season, this has already been confirmed. Just because the story doesn't go the way we

• edited February 2019

I just wish they had finished this series at the end of S2. That ended so perfectly due to the choices of where we wanted our Clem to end up

• Season 2 really should have been the ending. It was a very proper ending for her character and a part of me thinks they may have initially intended for it to be the end of her story.

Then I think they may have started noticing that the sales weren't nearly what they were for season 1 so they felt they needed to bring Clem back as a marketing ploy for the next game.

I just wish they had finished this series at the end of S2. That ended so perfectly due to the choices of where we wanted our Clem to end up

• I also agree Season 2 should have been the ending as I feel it would have been the best place to leave it.

That being said, Telltale just milked the series from the start, they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended.

sony12 posted: »

Season 2 really should have been the ending. It was a very proper ending for her character and a part of me thinks they may have initially i

• they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended.

No wonder they said, a few days or weeks after Season 2 finale, that the endings will have a huge impact in Season 3. That broken promise deserves ZERO forgiveness.

I also agree Season 2 should have been the ending as I feel it would have been the best place to leave it. That being said, Telltale just milked the series from the start, they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended.

• Yup, was also a big talking point back went ANF released because it was so shit despite the fact they announced it 2 and a half years before.

they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended. No wonder they said, a few days or weeks after Season 2 finale, that the endings will have a huge impact in Season 3. That broken promise deserves ZERO forgiveness.

• To be a little fair, I heard they did the same with Season 1.

I also agree Season 2 should have been the ending as I feel it would have been the best place to leave it. That being said, Telltale just milked the series from the start, they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended.

• Amen dude!

they announced Season 3 before Season 2 ended. No wonder they said, a few days or weeks after Season 2 finale, that the endings will have a huge impact in Season 3. That broken promise deserves ZERO forgiveness.

• You is so ungrateful; this is the best game eva!!

• Hope that’s sarcasm. Best game ever? Come on kid

You is so ungrateful; this is the best game eva!!

• edited February 2019

Hehehe preach.
    Honestly though, I’ve also said before that I’m just about done with this place. The a new frontier bullshit was one thing, but at least I understood where it was coming from, but the final season criticisms are on a whole different level entirely. The positives outweigh the negatives, but wait! People being people don’t like talking about the positives, and feel like they are obliged to put others who actually found most of the game to be one big positive in a bad mood by constantly banging on about the exact same negatives, over, and over and over. Like honestly, what benefit does it bring you? It’s not like feedback will be considered because when has it ever with twd? And we’re on the last episode so there’s not much that can be done to change your point of view.

I see plenty of comments by people who are being negative about the game, and that’s fine, but when you say you do like the game but have not once said a positive thing about it, or at least hardly ever say anything positive about it then that’s when it becomes extremely annoying for the people who want a discussion about the positives of the game, instead we come here and have to deal with the same dipshit comments to the point when it becomes overfamiliar.

• If my grammar is bad, then you know I am joking.

Hope that’s sarcasm. Best game ever? Come on kid

Sign in to comment in this discussion.