Comments

• edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    D-list !!!

C-List!
  • edited June 2010
    C and a 1/2-list then.
  • edited June 2010
    According to Max's Brain, they are C-List.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    C and a 1/2-list then.

Alright, let's settle on C.5 list
  • edited June 2010
    Skunkape kinda reminds me of Ziltoid in that picture, which is odd as his voice/mannerisms also kinda reminded me of him. Especially the number of times he says "Indeeeeed!" in the latest episode.

ziltoiddevin.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiLR31P4xLE&feature=related
  • edited June 2010
    Rinse and Repeat

SnM___Noir_and_Cute_by_Ginny_N.png
  • edited June 2010
    Two questions: How do you do it, and what program do you use?

I... dabble in drawing, but compared to some of the work here mine is laughably amaturish. Especially when it comes to shadows and shading I really have had little to no practice.

Plus I'm cheap so the drawing program I use is Gimp, which is like one step up from MSPaint. Anyone got any suggestions?
  • edited June 2010
    I have seen awesome works on GIMP, so, practice is the key, nothing else. Probably you will improve if you buy a Tablet (A cheap one would be fine, really!), because it's really difficult to do stuff with the mouse.

This one it's a sketch I did, scan it and ink/color it with the Mouse in Adobe Illustrator.
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I have seen awesome works on GIMP, so, practice is the key, nothing else. Probably you will improve if you buy a Tablet (A cheap one would be fine, really!), because it's really difficult to do stuff with the mouse.

This one it's a sketch I did, scan it and ink/color it with the Mouse in Adobe Illustrator.

I've also seem some awesome stuff with Gimp. I guess I just need more practice. I also know it's really hard to just flat out draw with the mouse. If I'm using the mouse, I either zoom in and draw little bits at a time or make a really rough sketch and then try and fix it.

As for pencil sketching and scanning. I've thought of that but I find it really hard to just make quick sketches. My mind makes me want to make it look great so it tends to end up being single lines and stuff. I'm looking at the sketch you did... it looks like you made a basic frame and then drew around that?
  • edited June 2010
    I have some videos in the livestreaming channel. I did those with the Tablet and Photoshop, but there's the basic way I do the stuff. Something you can try is drawing first with Blue and then do the lines with Black. After that, scan it and remove the blue lines.

And, trust me, sketches do take time. I have a failed fan art in the block which have about 5 versions before I scrap it.

If you want, and wait for me an hour, I can start another livestreaming. I have to do a Trogdor, but also you can see how I work, and if you want ask questions.
  • edited June 2010
    just dropping in to say..

tablet is a MUST. I seriously couldn't imagine doing my digital arts with a mouse ever, EVER again. :( Tablet feels more natural, makes even simple programs such as MS paint much easier to use.

I'm using small Wacom Bamboo, it cost around 50 euros if I remember right (which really isn't much, considering how some of the most expensive tablets can be over 1000...) I've had it over 2 years now and it still works like a dream. :D

Oh and GinnyN, that drawing is awesome! ^^ (and seriously, you coloured that with a mouse? I salute you! )
  • edited June 2010
    just here to plug an interview with Ginny
    its in my sig
  • edited June 2010
    Ooh, nice interview! Ginny definitely deserves some recognition for her work ;)

Here's a quick sketch I did while waiting for my computer to install something:

yo1op.png

Pfft I got so lazy when I got to Sam.
  • edited June 2010
    Warning: Giant forum-killing image coming up!
    Sam_and_Max_Sketch_by_Ferxnik.jpg
    I did a sketch for a Sam & Max poster. I had to use the concept art as reference for Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite.
    Also, here it is on deviantart.
  • edited June 2010
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    Ooh, nice interview! Ginny definitely deserves some recognition for her work ;)

Oh, gee... Thanks ^^!
  • edited June 2010
    Warning: Giant forum-killing image coming up!
    Sam_and_Max_Sketch_by_Ferxnik.jpg
    I did a sketch for a Sam & Max poster. I had to use the concept art as reference for Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite.
    Also, here it is on deviantart.

i want to see a final version of this
  • edited June 2010
    that really need a "Based on the..." subtitle to it
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    that really need a "Based on the..." subtitle to it

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    Based on a horrific series of mentally scarring events from the golden days of puke-in-soups Dwight D Eisenhower
  • edited June 2010
    Based on the ancient mole-ish prophecy: Max wrestles a crocodile.
  • edited June 2010
    Trica wrote: »
    I'm using small Wacom Bamboo, it cost around 50 euros if I remember right (which really isn't much, considering how some of the most expensive tablets can be over 1000...) I've had it over 2 years now and it still works like a dream. :D
    I've looked at those, but the drawing surface seems so small. Wouldn't that get annoying when making larger drawings?
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I've looked at those, but the drawing surface seems so small. Wouldn't that get annoying when making larger drawings?

I haven't any problems with my Wacom, which is pretty much the same size. The problem with the other Tablets is those are way too expensive when you are a poor student (LatinAmerican University Student. The Poorest kind!) and you do it as a hobby. Still, those are pretty cool for start and get better from there. Then you can upgrade to a Intuos or a Cintiq if you have the money eventually.
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't any problems with my Wacom, which is pretty much the same size. The problem with the other Tablets is those are way too expensive when you are a poor student (LatinAmerican University Student. The Poorest kind!) and you do it as a hobby. Still, those are pretty cool for start and get better from there. Then you can upgrade to a Intuos or a Cintiq if you have the money eventually.

i use a mouse, if i can find it, otherwise i use my laptop trackpad...

that explains why i dont post pictures here much
  • edited June 2010
    I'm minus one camera atm so I can't post new stuff for now, but as soon as I get a new one I'll start posting again. I just drew some Sam & Max pics last night I wish I could post...
  • edited June 2010
    I coloured those pictures of little Sam and Max I posted a while ago:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1627&stc=1&d=1277703936
    (Image links to a bigger version on deviantART)
    It's Sam and Max! As impressionable preteens! Sam is sulking, and Max just wants people to pay attention to him. They're at their school, which is too poor to be able to afford fancy luxury items like grass.

I often stand in front of vaguely primary coloured buildings with no features whatsoever, don't you?

Drew this ages ago in pencil. I was going to shade it, but I couldn't figure out how, so I drew a background instead. You might think the background isn't very good, but trust me, the shading looked worse.

Referenced pretty heavily. See: Sam's feet.
  • edited June 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I coloured those pictures of little Sam and Max I posted a while ago:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1627&stc=1&d=1277703936
    (Image links to a bigger version on deviantART)

Awww... they're so young, cute and marketable!
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    *waits for light_rises' new piece of awesomeness*
  • edited June 2010
    Hi there! I came across this thread and I couldn't help but wanting to share some of my fan art. I hope you like it...

5b5054470c42353c102e4bacaadd830d.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    A hahahahaha ^^! I love this one!
  • edited June 2010
    A hahahahaha ^^! I love this one!

Thank you so much! ^^
  • edited June 2010
    That is pretty good. I hope Steve Purcell sees some of these because he's bound to like them.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi there! I came across this thread and I couldn't help but wanting to share some of my fan art. I hope you like it...

:D this picture made me happy, if just by the "zoom!"
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »

It is small, yeah, but I don't see it as much of a problem. Personally, I got used to the size pretty quickly, and can make even larger canvas-paintings with it now. :)
    Especially on Photoshop it is rather easy, since you can easily zoom in and out on the canvas whenever you need to, to find the optimal size for drawing with particular tablets.

And I agree with Ginny, bigger tablets tend to be a little too expensive for a student who does art as a fun hobby (I'm like this too.) As long as you're not being a professional artist doing drawings for money or something, smaller ones such as Bamboo will do quite nicely. You can always upgrade to bigger ones later, should it come to that. :)
    Cintiq would be amazing.

Shwoo and Hayley, those are great! :D
  • edited June 2010

Awesome picture!
  • edited June 2010

[awesome picture here]

Ahhhh! Max is driving! Everyone run for your lives! :D
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks everyone for your comments!! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I fear I must ask a stupid question.

I'm working on several Sam and Max doodles and I'd love to share them here when they're done...but I don't know how.

Would it be too much to ask how one does it? And do I need to have somewhere to host the image to post it? I don't use forums much; in fact, this is actually the first one where I've done any real contributing, in like, ever, so I yeah, I'm a huge noob. Sorry.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I fear I must ask a stupid question.

I'm working on several Sam and Max doodles and I'd love to share them here when they're done...but I don't know how.

Would it be too much to ask how one does it? And do I need to have somewhere to host the image to post it? I don't use forums much; in fact, this is actually the first one where I've done any real contributing, in like, ever, so I yeah, I'm a huge noob. Sorry.

Yes you need to host them somewhere. Most of these ppl have a DeviantArt account but photobucket would do the job. Copy the web address of the picture you wish to publish here onto the clipboard (the way you do this depends on where it is hosted) then either use quick reply or post reply here and click on the icon that looks like grey mountains against a yellow background. Paste the address in the dialog box that appears and it's done.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam__gun_spin__by_BlueHedgie.gif

Loituma or 'leek-spin', a la Sam. So it's 'gun-spin'. I thought it would be a funny idea...

If you don't know where this came from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnE4vF9CQ4
  • edited July 2010
    That is so utterly ridiculous and awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam__gun_spin__by_BlueHedgie.gif

Oh my god, I laughed so hard. Loituma!Sam. Brilliant.

*Applause*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.