The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Ooooh, okay, sorry, let's see if I can actually get it right this time-

Depressing_Rain_by_rubygloommel.jpg

Thanks, sorry 'bout that, and thanks for getting me the link :)
  • edited June 2010
    No problem :) I like how Sam wrapped Max in his jacket, it's very cute.
  • edited June 2010
    Ooooh, okay, sorry, let's see if I can actually get it right this time-

Depressing_Rain_by_rubygloommel.jpg

Thanks, sorry 'bout that, and thanks for getting me the link :)

Awwww, seeing Max like this makes me really wish Sam would get Max's brain back as soon as possible because it's really a tragic moment. <:,( Wonderful picture there. I love the colours and the whole feeling in this. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Here's one that I drew:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1586&stc=1&d=1276370409
    What do you think?
    (No, I don't need an excuse to show Sam & Max as the White Stripes. Do I?)
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell, I love your comics! But if I had a Max cookie jar, every time I'd reach for a cookie, I'd think of the line: "No, no, no! Cows don't eat cookies!". (Of course, I do that anyway now...)
  • edited June 2010
    My first attempt at drawing a Sam & Max fanart comic.
    Sam_and_Max_fanart_comic_by_LazyAsHell.png
    The idea with the Mario reference was from my soulmate. ;)
    When I get better at drawing Sam & Max, I plan to make a "Banang" comic. What do you guys think about it? :)
  • edited June 2010
    I figured I'd repost this here since it's fanart after all

And of course, too big.

And it would have been better digital rather than traditional. I suck at making neat atmospheric shading.
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    My first attempt at drawing a Sam & Max fanart comic.
    Sam_and_Max_fanart_comic_by_LazyAsHell.png
    The idea with the Mario reference was from my soulmate. ;)
    When I get better at drawing Sam & Max, I plan to make a "Banang" comic. What do you guys think about it? :)

You dream of weennies???
  • edited June 2010
    Haha, great comic! I'm a fan of the little background jokes. And of course that "throw" and "land" thing is really funny too. Well done!
  • edited June 2010
    OK, here's another.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1590&stc=1&d=1276464715
    Let's see if I can get a quicker response this time.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, posting a Noir Sam does increase your changes by a lot :p I like it.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

Thanks, Avi. (You don't mind if I call you Avi, do you?)
  • edited June 2010
    No problem, lots of people call me Avi :)
  • edited June 2010
    Something I'm working on, to be honest I'm not sure if I should even finish it. I wanted to do something light hearted as a change of pase from all the Noir.

Finsihnwip.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    I love it. Finish it!
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, I'm all for some light-hearted stuff too! Can't wait to see that finished, Stell.
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell, that looks like a lot of fun! I always enjoy seeing glimpses of Sam and Max when they're off doing something non-freelance police related. Count me among those who would like to see it finished. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Go ahead, Stell. Finish it for us. :)
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Something I'm working on, to be honest I'm not sure if I should even finish it. I wanted to do something light hearted as a change of pase from all the Noir.

Oh, the fond memories of '93 :)
    Good one!
  • edited June 2010
    Here's one that I drew:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1586&stc=1&d=1276370409
    What do you think?
    (No, I don't need an excuse to show Sam & Max as the White Stripes. Do I?)

This REALLY reminds me of "A Glitch in Time"!
  • edited June 2010

And it seems that posting your picture as a link just gets it glossed over. I wonder if I should start posting my pictures, regardless of the size?
  • edited June 2010
    MalkyTop wrote: »
    And it seems that posting your picture as a link just gets it glossed over. I wonder if I should start posting my pictures, regardless of the size?

It is probably best that you do. People don't like having to do a little bit of extra work, and that is what clicking on a link is.
  • edited June 2010
    This REALLY reminds me of "A Glitch in Time"!

I have GOT to get the Animated Series.
  • edited June 2010
    Well I finished it and it didn't come out as bad as I thought it would :D

Finsihn.jpg
  • edited June 2010

Finsihn.jpg

Sam: Yes! I caught one! So should we throw it back, eat it or keep it in a tank?
    Max: I say we teach it to breathe air, and then mount it on the wall and teach it to sing and dance to Bobby McFerrin.
    Sam: Oh, Max. You and your crazy ideas.
  • edited June 2010

Finsihn.jpg

Awwww.... ^^!

*Lol* at Toxic
  • edited June 2010
    That is incredibly awesome, Stell!
  • edited June 2010
    It's awesome!
    Sam's muzzle/nose looks weird to me though. I think I'd either put the black part more to the right (possibly at a different angle) or make the muzzle more... "pointy", cutting off the top-right round part of it.

It's just a nitpick though! I think it looks absolutely amazing.
  • edited June 2010

Finsihn.jpg

Definitely reminds me of Hit the Road. You've captured the style perfectly.
  • edited June 2010
    This may sound weird, but that fish has tons of personality. I half expect him to don a top hat and start singing! :D
  • edited June 2010
    I think it's awesome Stell so don't be too hard on yourself. :) I especially love the 'Toxic' tank, it shows that there's never a dull (or safe) moment for Sam & Max.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks for the awesome comments everyone! :D
    It's awesome!
    Sam's muzzle/nose looks weird to me though. I think I'd either put the black part more to the right (possibly at a different angle) or make the muzzle more... "pointy", cutting off the top-right round part of it.

It's just a nitpick though! I think it looks absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I gotta agree, something is off, I'll work on it for sure! I was more worried about Sam's feet I think... Guh I hate drawing feet, you'd think 3 toes would make it easier D:
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Definitely reminds me of Hit the Road. You've captured the style perfectly.

It's what inspired me, plus I was just looking at Steve Purcell's drawings in general and they always had this carefree feel to them and I really wanted capture that in this drawing.
    Sam: Yes! I caught one! So should we throw it back, eat it or keep it in a tank?
    Max: I say we teach it to breathe air, and then mount it on the wall and teach it to sing and dance to Bobby McFerrin.
    Sam: Oh, Max. You and your crazy ideas.

Haha that goes perfectly :D
  • edited June 2010
    I was more worried about Sam's feet I think...

Now that you mention it... :p
    I think for Sam's feet I'd just make the leg line overlap the feet a little bit. The one on the front of the leg? Might had a little more perspective to it. That's just off the top of my head though so maybe it would look really weird and wrong.
  • edited June 2010
    Now that you mention it... :p
    I think for Sam's feet I'd just make the leg line overlap the feet a little bit. The one on the front of the leg? Might had a little more perspective to it. That's just off the top of my head though so maybe it would look really weird and wrong.

Well thanks for the advice anyways :D
  • edited June 2010
    Sam and Max fishing is just too adorable. I'd bet Max would get impatient though and start firing randomly in the water.
    Power46 wrote: »
    It is probably best that you do. People don't like having to do a little bit of extra work, and that is what clicking on a link is.

In that case, I wouldn't want to trouble people by giving them more work to do. I'm also selfish and like it when people acknowledge what I drew even if I do think it's no comparison to the other more wonderful stuff in this thread.

Noir_Sam_by_Sei_sama.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    I've seen it and liked it, Milky, but then somehow didn't comment on it. I like the gradual change in his expression, and while it contradicts the screenshots we have, I like how Sam cover Max with his jacket as a shroud of some sort.
  • edited June 2010
    Stell, I'm so glad you finished that drawing! It's fantastic, and gives me the rare opportunity to say -- without irony -- that I grinned upon spying a leaky barrel of toxic waste amongst the fluffy greenness of nature.

MalkyTop: I really like the choices you made in showing the progression of Sam's expressions too, and the comp of the final panel. A heck of a lot coming across with few to no words needed; just the way I like it. :)
    MalkyTop wrote: »

Hmm ... I think there's a way to have the best of both worlds in one post. If it's possible, maybe posting a smaller version of your drawing directly to the forum, then adding a link to the full-size version for anyone who wants to see it would be a good compromise.
  • edited June 2010
    Most image uploading sites have an option to resize the picture, you could do that.
  • edited June 2010
    In addition to what Avistew suggested, most also give you links to copy-paste thumbnails of your pics, the thumbnails themselves being links to the full size versions.

If this is actually what you meant, Avistew, my apologies.
  • edited June 2010

Finsihn.jpg

Wow, I really love it. :D It looks great enough to make a cartoon episode out of it, or at least a comic.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.