• edited May 2010
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

So. Max is Kamina and Sam is Simon, eh?

*looks pointedly at Max*
    ... This isn't going to end well. *sob*
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    SnM___Sans_Moustache_by_Ginny_N.jpg

I also like your artwork but if I can give you one word of advice; go easy on the shadow and light effects. You're good at them, but if you use them on everything, it all starts to look like plastic

Oh well, keep on drawing :D
  • edited May 2010
    that's kind of her style, and i think it works
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with The Highway. The way the lighting is done in her pictures is really unique, and I'm not sure anyone else could pull it off as well as she does.
  • edited May 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    I also like your artwork but if I can give you one word of advice; go easy on the shadow and light effects. You're good at them, but if you use them on everything, it all starts to look like plastic

Oh well, keep on drawing :D

Thanks ^^! (Taking notes)
  • edited May 2010
    No, keep your own style!
  • edited May 2010
    probably hard to get if you are not an anime guy (or just don't know about this anime in particular) but oh well...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/VikuGX/KaminaMaxsimonsam.jpg
    "Don't believe in yourself, Sam. Believe in me who believes in you..."
    I don't know the anime this is based on, but I still really like the picture. Especially Sam. Great job! :)
  • edited May 2010
    Ginny's a big girl, I think she can listen to Junaid's critique without radically changing her art style :)
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Ginny's a big girl, I think she can listen to Junaid's critique without radically changing her art style :)

Thanks, thanks ^^!
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

Maybe, but I love it how it is now! or at least, she better not change her style till she's finished my trogdor! ;) :D
  • edited May 2010
    I almost feel bad I haven't posted one with Sam yet. I have at least one drawing of him that turned out ok, maybe I'll post that one later. *thinking out loud*
  • edited May 2010
    I wish I could draw like most people in this thread...
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe, but I love it how it is now! or at least, she better not change her style till she's finished my trogdor! ;) :D

Gotta dip it in molten Plexiglas to give it that "children under three are sure to choke on it" goodness.
  • edited May 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Gotta dip it in molten Plexiglas to give it that "children under three are sure to choke on it" goodness.

And dont forget the fangs!
  • edited May 2010
    Something I painted last night while watching QI. It's not great but it sure was fun to paint :D

Bordbunny.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Something I painted last night while watching QI. It's not great but it sure was fun to paint :D

Bordbunny.jpg

I hate when people say this about awesome stuff
  • edited May 2010
    If I'm remembering it right
    Sam translated the hieroglyphics saying that Max would become one with the universe and destroy all...or something along those lines
    and this is what popped into my little brain :)

Btw, could anyone tell me how to put the picture in the actual post? I only knew how to attach it :)
  • edited May 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »

I love it!

Btw, could anyone tell me how to put the picture in the actual post? I only knew how to attach it :)

There's a little button that looks like a mountain at sunset or something, above the text box, the drop down says 'Insert Image.' You can click that or just type [ IMG ] (direct link to picture) [ /IMG ] just take out the spaces between the brackets and 'IMG.'

Neat picture by the way. :)
  • edited May 2010
    There's a little button that looks like a mountain at sunset or something, above the text box, the drop down says 'Insert Image.' You can click that or just type [ IMG ] (direct link to picture) [ /IMG ] just take out the spaces between the brackets and 'IMG.'

Thankyou muchly :) Here it is! ^_^

Toys_of_Power___Coloured_by_rubygloommel.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    A_W_E_S_O_M_E_! :D:eek::)
  • edited June 2010
    Hey there, so I recently watched Jim Henson's The Cube, which was something he did before Muppets. It's hilarious and depressing and rather confusing (and maybe a little absurdist?) and I love it. For some reason, I drew Sam in the same position as the protagonist.

Steve_Purcell__s_The_Cube_by_Sei_sama.jpg

Yeah, it's not really the most interesting fanart. But I think "Strawberry jam!" is my favorite shock phrase reveal thing ever. (Also, I can't help but imagine Telltale making a reference to it anyways.

Also, I can't draw hands.
  • edited June 2010
    Today I decided that I wanted to learn more about photoshop. And then I thought, why shouldn't I make something for the fanart thread of Sam and Max? So I made this little comic and used photoshop to edit it and color it. I hope you guys like it! :D

cellphone.png
  • edited June 2010
    Hamkaas wrote: »
    Today I decided that I wanted to learn more about photoshop. And then I thought, why shouldn't I make something for the fanart thread of Sam and Max? So I made this little comic and used photoshop to edit it and color it. I hope you guys like it! :D

cellphone.png

I like it! But Sam isn't tech savvy enough to use a cell phone :D
  • edited June 2010
    I like it! But Sam isn't tech savvy enough to use a cell phone

I love the Joke ^^! So, I just forgive that sudden tech savvyness for the page.
  • edited June 2010
    hey ginny, i'm getting the shakes because i dont have any new art from you!
  • edited June 2010
    Hamkaas wrote: »
    [comic!]

I fully endorse this joke!

Sam was okay with it once Sybil told him clamshell phones are, like, so 2005. Also, he was feeling particularly lazy that day.

But enough of me making up backstory based on other people's work! Here's the rest of my avatar, post-Real Life intervention:

SaM-301_ToSMposter_final-smaller_co.png

An attempt at marrying the old-timey Sam & Max universe with art nouveau. Rumor has it they'll spilt due to irreconcilable differences and too many profile shots, but hey, it was worth a try.

The original sketch was finished on May 16, which explains why Maximus has a Colt M1900. That, and I didn't have the sufficient funds or bones left unbroken heart to take it away from him. Awww.

--

Brushes used for Papierwaite's smoking jacket made by ro-stock. Includes textures courtesy of cgtextures.com.
  • edited June 2010
    i fully endorse this joke!

Sam was okay with it once sybil told him clamshell phones are, like, so 2005. Also, he was feeling particularly lazy that day.

But enough of me making up backstory based on other people's work! Here's the rest of my avatar, post-real life intervention:

sam-301_tosmposter_final-smaller_co.png

an attempt at marrying the old-timey sam & max universe with art nouveau. Rumor has it they'll spilt due to irreconcilable differences and too many profile shots, but hey, it was worth a try.

The original sketch was finished on may 16, which explains why maximus has a colt m1900. That, and i didn't have the sufficient funds or bones left unbroken heart to take it away from him. Awww.

--

brushes used for papierwaite's smoking jacket made by ro-stock. Includes textures courtesy of cgtextures.com.

awesome awesome awesome
  • edited June 2010
    Aw damn that is glorious. I wish I had your patience when it came to art.
  • edited June 2010
    Excellent work! I've been waiting to see this pictures completion! Ya did a swell job on it, love the textures and all those bits of episodes 2 imagery is nicely put together. Good on ya'!
  • edited June 2010
    Light rises, this has to be used as the cover of a novel/comic/movie or something. There is no way we can leave it unappreciated like that.
  • edited June 2010

Sam did outsmart Max with this suprise. But yeah, that kinda makes sense. Maybe Sam should have won the telephone race by hitting Max with an old banjo instead. Would that be better?

light_rises, that is absolutely amazing.
  • edited June 2010
    That really does look like an official piece of art/concept art. It is great! But somehow, Max's head doesn't look quite right to me - the reason, I can't put my finger on.

Brilliant nonetheless!
  • edited June 2010
    SaM-301_ToSMposter_final-smaller_co.png

Wow, that is so nice! You should draw more like that.
  • edited June 2010
    Awesome pic light_rises!
  • edited June 2010
    I just took one of Ginny's artworks to the printers ^_^

But which one is it?

You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

HERE IT IS!

I present to you... Movil Lagomorph Launcher in poster form! This baby cost me A$60

attachment.php?attachmentid=1567&stc=1&d=1275636324attachment.php?attachmentid=1568&stc=1&d=1275636336
  • edited June 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1569&stc=1&d=1275639947
  • edited June 2010
    AwEsOmE!
  • edited June 2010
    don't forget the posters above that facebook thing... don't want ginny to miss those!
  • edited June 2010
    Somebody turn light_rises' drawing into a poster that can be bought! I love it!
  • edited June 2010
    I just took one of Ginny's artworks to the printers ^_^

But which one is it?

You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

HERE IT IS!

I present to you... Movil Lagomorph Launcher in poster form! This baby cost me A$60

*Images with pure Ginny's Ego Condensed*

I'm out of words.

I'm smiling right now.

=))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.