The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I always figured he was feeding the ants, although in the original Purcell picture they're not ants, they're tiny little people.
  • edited May 2010
    now I never said I didn't like you. that stuff was great, I was just curious
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    now I never said I didn't like you. that stuff was great, I was just curious

I didn't mean anyone in specific, I just get the feeling I've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way somehow. I didn't mean to. :(

Oh and thanks, I've been working really hard in school, Sam & Max give me lots of inspiration. I never truly understood that word fully until now.

Anyways I don't want it to look like I'm begging for attention that would be awful.. I just wanted to apologize if I offended anyone here, if I did. [not my pictures I meant in other threads]
  • edited May 2010
    Just keep arting, as my art teacher would probably say. Your stuff is awesome and once I got around to reading your comics I loved them. I don't think you can improve much (that was dang near perfect)

I got my Max head that way by drawing him on all my oh my American Government papers. I still have to keep drawing and am confident enough to draw Sam now.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    I didn't mean anyone in specific, I just get the feeling I've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way somehow. I didn't mean to. :(

Oh and thanks, I've been working really hard in school, Sam & Max give me lots of inspiration. I never truly understood that word fully until now.

Anyways I don't want it to look like I'm begging for attention that would be awful.. I just wanted to apologize if I offended anyone here, if I did.

Where do you get that feeling? In fact, I only get annoyed at you when you post stuff like this, apologising for stuff you didn't even do. I don't think anyone on here is annoyed with you, and I thought that art was amazing. Just because people don't respond to it doesn't mean we hate it, but it is nice to have some comments, I guess...
  • edited May 2010
    Where do you get that feeling? In fact, I only get annoyed at you when you post stuff like this, apologising for stuff you didn't even do. I don't think anyone on here is annoyed with you, and I thought that art was amazing. Just because people don't respond to it doesn't mean we hate it, but it is nice to have some comments, I guess...

I'm the same. You're perfectly fine and then suddenly you go into "I'm sorry everyone hates me" and I never know where that's coming from. If people don't say they hate you, then they don't.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm the same. You're perfectly fine and then suddenly you go into "I'm sorry everyone hates me" and I never know where that's coming from. If people don't say they hate you, then they don't.

Me three. In fact, If I think my art offended anyone just for the lack of comments or something, I woundn't been drawing for about 10 years! Relax, please.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Me three. In fact, If I think my art offended anyone just for the lack of comments or something, I woundn't been drawing for about 10 years! Relax, please.

And then I'd cry.

Hey, Ginny, I was just going through those images and decided to do a last minute check to see if those paintings I asked for, what size they would print out. Turned out to be somewhere around 4 inches for some of them, so I fixed it up and now they're at 72dpi and some will be 1 metre plus when I print them out.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish 33, I really like your sketches.
  • edited May 2010
    lol, sorry folks I'm under a lot of stress lately [also lack of sleep]. I'll stop being so emo. :o I think I felt more like everyone was annoyed with me, rather than hated me or anything. It was only because I felt like I was being ignored. : \ Oh and I didn't think the art offended anyone lol I meant stuff I said in other threads.

I'll post more S&M stuff when I get a chance and I won't act weird, no matter what.
    Avistew wrote: »

I'll have to remember that.
  • edited May 2010
    so Today I realised that I can only draw Max's head and I con only dram Sam straight on or in a silhouette.

I keep practice. I will make my art good
  • edited May 2010
    me too! i seriously can't draw either of them fully.
  • edited May 2010
    I also have trouble drawing them, I can draw MAx's head but his body just ends up an out of scale mess. And I can't draw Sam at all without a picture of him to guide me. Do Sam & Max have a head to body ratio? I'd imagine Max would be like 1:3.
  • edited May 2010
    And sam's ratio is the same as a human's
  • edited May 2010
    The only thing I know about Head to Body Ratio is Max is Half of Sam and Sam is 2 times Max.
  • edited May 2010
    not including the ears, obviously...
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah. The ears are or 2/3 Max or at the height of Sam's shoulders (Over Max's Head, of course).

Of course, I don't use any ratio and I just draw the way it's look better to me...
  • edited May 2010
    i should take a picture of the statues so people get this...
  • edited May 2010
    Hi,

So, I dabble in 3D modelling, and I figured if there were any characters I could draw with a reasonable degree of success, it would be the C.O.P.S. So, here goes...

"To see a picture of Bob, press or say "Yes" now."
    4641740143_fc50d57bd1.jpg

"Processing ones and zeroes into web-safe R.G.B. values. Estimated time to completion: 17.34 minutes. ......1%........"
    4641740211_0cb2bb88ce.jpg

"Bleep! Bleep! Bloop!"
    4642351236_1ff36424f0.jpg

"YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T GET MY GOOD SIDE!"
    4641740127_7f13a94f2f.jpg

Sorry, one more: Group photo.
    4642351260_b256cf149a.jpg

Thanks,
    Klatuu
  • edited May 2010
    Cool!
  • edited May 2010
    Really cool!
  • edited May 2010
    Klatuu wrote: »
    Hi,

So, I dabble in 3D modelling, and I figured if there were any characters I could draw with a reasonable degree of success, it would be the C.O.P.S. So, here goes...

"To see a picture of Bob, press or say "Yes" now."
    4641740143_fc50d57bd1.jpg

"Processing ones and zeroes into web-safe R.G.B. values. Estimated time to completion: 17.34 minutes. ......1%........"
    4641740211_0cb2bb88ce.jpg

"Bleep! Bleep! Bloop!"
    4642351236_1ff36424f0.jpg

"YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T GET MY GOOD SIDE!"
    4641740127_7f13a94f2f.jpg

Sorry, one more: Group photo.
    4642351260_b256cf149a.jpg

Thanks,
    Klatuu

:O i love it! i wish I could do that! they look almost identical to the telltale models!!! try doing max next :D
  • edited May 2010
    Sameth and Maximus are breaking the Fourth Wall to figure out what the former's Great Grand Son is thinking about his lack of Facial hair.

Of course, all the people always remember the Maxes picking their noses.

SnM___Sans_Moustache_by_Ginny_N.jpg

300 dpi PNG. Because SOMEONE asked for it.

I'm not mad =P. Just honored ^^!
  • edited May 2010
    yay yay yay this thread is like my birthday
  • edited May 2010
    Geeze, Ginny. I never thought I could love anyone's art as much as I love yours.
  • edited May 2010
    I laughed a bit at that one, nice job Ginny.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not used to drawing in color, but here. Drew this in about 15-20 mins.
    dscf0020wr.jpg

Oh and once again, my camera is not the greatest.
  • edited May 2010
    that is good!
  • edited May 2010
    :o Thanks, I had no reference. It's a pretty big picture too. 18x24. :)
  • edited May 2010
    it's so much better than i could draw him! looks a bit like my watch, too...
  • edited May 2010
    he looks so happy!

"I'm on fire Sam! Quick, get a picture!" is waht my mind is saying in Max's voice
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    "I'm on fire Sam! Quick, get a picture!" is waht my mind is saying in Max's voice

Lol. :) Someone told me this one turned out better. [photo taken with brighter lighting]

dscf0011f.jpg

Fire looks better.
  • edited May 2010
    ... are they not the same image?
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, same drawing. You just couldn't really see the fire very well. Hope that's ok I kinda double posted. :confused:
  • edited May 2010
    fine by me they werent cosecutive. it doesnt count as a double post to me
  • edited May 2010
    this counts as a double post
  • edited May 2010
    Lol.

Yeah I figured people quote pictures so, no biggie. :)

BTW Ginny I really like your style.
  • edited May 2010
    probably hard to get if you are not an anime guy (or just don't know about this anime in particular) but oh well...

KaminaMaxsimonsam.jpg
    "Don't believe in yourself, Sam. Believe in me who believes in you..."
  • edited May 2010
    Cool, I like Sam's goggles! : D

Which anime did you merge them with?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.