Things to Do At, Beyond and Below the Straight & Narrow: Penal Zone Did You Try List

Comments

• edited April 2010
    HAVE YOU?
    * Read Max mind after teleporting to Harry's phone. And read the brains mind?
    * Used the power core on the C.O.P.S?
    * Use Future Vision on Sam after getting the toy from the Pawn Shop?
  • edited April 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    There's also a trophy in wich you have to find a secret object with the NutriSpecs.

It's on
    Lincoln's pudding head.

Wait, so does this explain what you see when you use future vision on
    pudding Lincoln
    ? I know there's a few future vision things that never came to pass, but this one bugged the hell out of me!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    pudding Lincoln
    ?

Apparently so, MRN confirmed it in the sticky Penal Zone discussion thread.

EDIT: Upon re-reading, I realise the phrase "sticky Penal Zone" maybe doesn't sound so good... but I'm gonna leave it there anyway. :p
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »

EDIT: Upon re-reading, I realise the phrase "sticky Penal Zone" maybe doesn't sound so good... but I'm gonna leave it there anyway. :p

Haha, trust such a remark to come from the same person who made "Brokeback Island".
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Haha, trust such a remark to come from the same person who made "Brokeback Island".

*blushies*

Haha, I can't believe something is remembered on the Internet for... what, 6 months? I think that's the pinnacle of all I will achieve in life.
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    pudding Lincoln
    ? I know there's a few future vision things that never came to pass, but this one bugged the hell out of me!

Yeah, when I read the trophy description and I got the NutriSpecs I knew exactly where to look :p
  • edited April 2010
    In the prologue you can actually read Sam's thought 3 times -- twice on the lower deck, and once again on the upper deck.

Also, have you:
    - (In the prologue) look at Harry Moleman again after getting the mind-reading cards? (x2)
    - Shot Flint Paper?
    - Tried giving Flint Paper the hard hat before seeing his future?
    - Tried the the Demon Broth on Momma Bosco?
    - Handed Harry the Vacation ticket before knowing about the lottery?
    - Sneaked behind the diner's counter when Girl Stinky is present? (x2)
    - Teleported Jerome (the gorilla that strangles Max) into the mole-processing chamber? (don't bother trying to beam him to the rooftop of Meesa Pizza: it does nothing special)
  • edited April 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Turns out Sybil's made from all things Grandpa Stinky said plus......
    LOVE!
    Where did you find Sybil?
  • edited April 2010
    MRN probably meant Stinky.
  • edited April 2010
    You can direct Skun-ka'pe's spaceship to blow up lots of things, including the fire hydrant. Pointless but fun.
  • edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    You can direct Skun-ka'pe's spaceship to blow up lots of things, including the fire hydrant. Pointless but fun.

Haha, yes! By the time I'd finished there, there wasn't anything left on the street :). It's not as though I was stuck, I knew my objective, but I just wanted to see more destruction.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Ok, I'll write this one: When you plug the Riff Generator in Sam and Max's Building Basement, you Teleport to Bosco Tech Labs and then teleport back to the Sewers. Then tell me what happened. Really, it's plain weird. And I think is a bug, but a cool one notheless.

I managed to get a second riff generator from Bosco Tech. I remember that I first tried to start rift generator #1.
  • edited April 2010
    Boscofan wrote: »
    I managed to get a second riff generator from Bosco Tech. I remember that I first tried to start rift generator #1.

I don't know why you will need a second riff generator. That's why I think is a bug.
  • edited April 2010
    Not sure if it's posted but;

Have you tried to go into Max's brain just before taking rhinoplasty? There is another "zooming into Max's head" scene with Max in a different pose.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I don't know why you will need a second riff generator. That's why I think is a bug.

It's a bug!
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's a bug!

Ok then!
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    Where did you find Sybil?

Lol, I meant Stinky xD
  • edited April 2010
    When can the PC version get the nutrispecs, me want.
  • edited April 2010
    Why didn't anyone mention clicking on Momma Bosco's Wardrobe Closet?
  • edited April 2010
    Why didn't anyone mention clicking on Momma Bosco's Wardrobe Closet?

Because there's nothing in there but a fantastic land of wonder and thinly-disguised religious allegory.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Another weird thing you could try:

Just after receiving the teleportation telephone, you can enter the Moleman processing chamber. By teleporting from there, you will actually skip the scary "first teleportation" sequence. However, you can catch it later, because as soon as you re-enter Skun-ka'pe spaceship, the Brain will bug you to try it immediately, which will finally trigger the flaming-Max-cutscene.

Essentially, I think you can teleport an infinite number of times before watching the "first teleport" scene.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's a bug!

I also got a 2nd rift generator... Second rift generator bug FTW! :D \o/
  • edited April 2010
    I'm too lazy for check out if somebody already put it, so, here's I go:

Use Future Vision in the Mole Procesing Chamber AFTER obtaining the Homing Beacon.
  • edited April 2010
    You mean ON? Because you cannot enter, and if you could you cannot select anything inside there to read anyway (not even Sam).
  • edited April 2010
    Using Future vision on sam and max's office at least twice? (second one may have to wait until after you revived the brain)
  • edited April 2010
    You mean ON? Because you cannot enter, and if you could you cannot select anything inside there to read anyway (not even Sam).

Ok. On.
  • edited April 2010
    Try to enter Harry Moleman's tunnel in Bosco labs?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I don't want to completely give this one away, but there's a secret cutscene involving an engagement ring. Unfortunately, you must be on graphic setting 7 or higher to enjoy it.
  • edited April 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you must be on graphic setting 7 or higher to enjoy it.

fff1.png
  • edited April 2010
    I don't want to completely give this one away, but there's a secret cutscene involving an engagement ring. Unfortunately, you must be on graphic setting 7 or higher to enjoy it.

Stupid proyected shadows algorithm! Dammit!
  • edited April 2010
    So, what happens when you try it with graphics lower than 7?
    (Hmmm, do I have a savegame handy?)
  • edited April 2010
    So, what happens when you try it with graphics lower than 7?
    (Hmmm, do I have a savegame handy?)

You see just the walls and the last part when
    Sam gives the ring to Max
    . The first part use the Proyected Shadows, and those shadows dissapear when you lower the Quality.
  • edited April 2010

Is it
    when you pick it up
    or is it something else?
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Is it
    when you pick it up
    or is it something else?
    Use.Ring.With.Max.Outside.Mamma Bosco's
    . We already know it, but the tip of putting the quality setting higher was unknown, until NOW.
  • edited April 2010
    Use.Ring.With.Max.Outside.Mamma Bosco's
    . We already know it, but the tip of putting the quality setting higher was unknown, until NOW.

That does something different than what happens when you pick it up?
  • edited April 2010
    That does something different than what happens when you pick it up?

Yes. Go and see it if you haven't.

And try to put the quality over 7 if you can. It's hilarious, somehow, for the last part only, but it's even more hilarious with the shadows ^^!
  • edited April 2010
    Yes. Go and see it if you haven't.

And try to put the quality over 7 if you can. It's hilarious, somehow, for the last part only, but it's even more hilarious with the shadows ^^!

Well... I'm done the game and I don't really want to replay it all up to that part.
    Maybe another time.
  • edited April 2010
    Well... I'm done the game and I don't really want to replay it all up to that part.
    Maybe another time.

It doesn't matter. YouTube Magic do it for you
  • edited April 2010
    They always were meant for each other...
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't realise that there were supposed to be shadows in that scene. Now it's even funnier.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.