Things to Do At, Beyond and Below the Straight & Narrow: Penal Zone Did You Try List

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That does something different than what happens when you pick it up?
    As you sure have seen on the YouTube vid already, yes... and no ;).
  • edited May 2010
    WOAH.

Okay.

Did you try playing the game at higher graphical settings? It's...it's a totally different game! There's so many more gags! At the end,
    Max's head goes on fire
    ! Holy crap!
  • edited May 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    WOAH.

Okay.

Did you try playing the game at higher graphical settings? It's...it's a totally different game! There's so many more gags! At the end, Max's head goes on fire! Holy crap!

Cant use spoilers and urls at the same time dude so I fixed that without spoilers
    EDIT: that or you forgot something in the url which I just added
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Cant use spoilers and urls at the same time dude so I fixed that without spoilers
    EDIT: that or you forgot something in the url which I just added

You can, but the link will still be visible through the spoiler tag. Although the words "goes on fire" aren't really much of a spoiler sans context, anyway. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Don't know if someone already posted this, but look at the moleman chamber with the future specs after sending harry to it but BEFORE you enter it yourself... you will see how he breaks out and its quite hilarious

Also, for anyone with the PS3 version, be sure to re-examine all the nutrition spec items with Sam after seeing what they are made of... because using the specs triggers some alternate dialogue on a few items
  • edited May 2010
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Don't know if someone already posted this, but look at the moleman chamber with the future specs after sending harry to it but BEFORE you enter it yourself... you will see how he breaks out and its quite hilarious

It's this kind of insane attention to detail that makes me love the game so much.
  • edited May 2010
    My gosh. I absolutely must play the episode again with highest settings now, even though it isn't going to run as smoothly anymore. The engagement-ring gag surely got even funnier with those shadows on! :D Thank you for noticing this.
  • edited May 2010

You can see it too when you recover the beacon from Grampa Stinky.
  • edited May 2010
    Did you talk to the brain after entering the mole processing room?
  • edited May 2010
    How does he do it?
  • edited May 2010
    Newblade wrote: »
    How does he do it?

He
    escapes through the item compartment
    . That's how I tried to escape too at first, but it didn't work.
  • edited May 2010
    Has anyone ever stuck around the moleman chamber? It does seem like a time sensitive puzzle and you might be able to die there.
  • edited May 2010
    I stuck around for ages because I liked Sam's panting pose. As far as I can tell, you can't die.
  • edited May 2010
    Funny, I'm on graphics setting 4, and Max's head lights on fire for me too.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's apparently a bug, not related to the graphics settings...
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's apparently a bug, not related to the graphics settings...

I can attest to this. I got the flaming head on level 1. Or level 3, I forget.
  • edited May 2010
    Did anyone try using future vision on sam in the office basement, before using the rift generator?
  • edited May 2010
    You can try skipping some lines to make them sound funnier, like at the beginning, you can get the Brain to say; "Trap him in... THE PENAL Z(skip)"

Sounds funny in my brain.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    There's a good max mode egg in one of the later environments which i don't think anyones found yet...
  • edited May 2010
    Don't be coy Jake! Can you give us more of a hint?
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    There's a good max mode egg in one of the later environments which i don't think anyones found yet...

Is it in the
    Cultist Room
    ? Where the
    Baseball
    is wedged in the rock? Cause I found that.

And can you tell me where the Easter Egg is? I'm tired of replaying that game...
  • edited May 2010
    In the cultist room there's a oven with a spoon preparing something, and a Pie which is hitting the Max's face in the room. But I can't think in something else...
    edited May 2010
    You guys have the right room.
  • edited May 2010
    Did anyone try shooting the kitchen door in Stinky's?
  • edited May 2010
    Well... if you use Future Vision in the Toy Chest after power up the whole Building, you get a little part of the Ending of the Chapter.

So, yeah.
  • edited May 2010
    well i know he says something funny if you try to teleport out of the room after using the rift generator
  • edited May 2010
    well i know he says something funny if you try to teleport out of the room after using the rift generator

Yeah, you can't teleport out of there and Max says something like we are understimating Skun-ka'pe chances of get out of that trap.
  • edited May 2010

Hmm...if you use
    FutureVision on Skun'ka'pe three times, his toys begin to hover above his head
    . Is that the one?

Actually, now that's happening even outside of max mode. Must just be a bug. :p
  • edited May 2010
    look at all of the machines in bosco-tech labs. I've never seen that much science!
  • edited May 2010

Star Wars reference, though Max was more accurate than Governer Tarkin
  • edited May 2010
    I'm sure this was already mentioned, but using the engagement ring with Max is hilarious.
    edited May 2010
    You guys have the right room.

So... if you wait around in the cavern under the office long enough in Max mode, you can spot the ghost of Maximus wandering around in there. I don't think anyone's seen it, and now that 302's out the door and you've all played it without anyone catching it in 301, hey.
  • edited May 2010
    Well if we would have seen it, it would've spoiled 302. Still it's a cool glitch and I actually just saw it in my 5th playthrough.
    edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well if we would have seen it, it would've spoiled 302. Still it's a cool glitch and I actually just saw it in my 5th playthrough.

It was definitely not a glitch, and I don't think it would spoil anything, but I guess each person sees things differently.
  • edited May 2010

It was definitely not a glitch, and I don't think it would spoil anything, but I guess each person sees things differently.

it spoiled the whole thing for me I demand a refund
  • edited May 2010
    I think it would qualify more as a "goof."
  • edited May 2010
    I've waited around for a ridicilous long time in Max mode, and nothing.

So, Splash, what did you do to make it work? And how exactly does it "show" itself?
  • edited May 2010
    I can't find him either. Is there a specific time you're supposed to do it?
  • edited May 2010
    I tried both before Skunk showed up and after.
    Both; Zilch.

So, more info would be nice Jake... :(
  • edited May 2010
    it probably happens looking a certain way
Sign in to comment in this discussion.