12346»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Sure, the ARG didn't go through.

But why still hold out on the specs? :confused:
  • edited January 2011

Hey, Back to the Future and Jurassic Park aren't making themselves, you know. Promises? What promises?
  • edited January 2011
    The content is already in the game though, just waiting for a switch...

So, no excuse there.
  • edited January 2011

Because they don't think that anyone will care enough for it to impact their bottom line and thus deemed it not worth their time.

250px-Shambling_presence.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Interesting thing from the PC Hack version, after retrieving the card from Pudding Lincoln, it displays a link to a website with a congrats message.

That wasn't even on the PS3 version, once you got the card, that was it, nothing was mentioned ever again (though you did get a Trophy for finding it).

Mind including the link?
  • edited January 2011
    Mind including the link?

It says: www.snmsecretfile.com

It just redirects you to TellTale now instead.

Though it might be a nice easter egg to use that site for the extra artwork Jake said he might put up to make up for the lack of Art on the DVD!
  • edited January 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    It says: www.snmsecretfile.com

It just redirects you to TellTale now instead.

Though it might be a nice easter egg to use that site for the extra artwork Jake said he might put up to make up for the lack of Art on the DVD!

So they were going to do something, but what? Whatever it was, I hope it was bad so I don't feel so disappointed that they neglected it.
  • edited January 2011
    Because they don't think that anyone will care enough for it to impact their bottom line and thus deemed it not worth their time.
    But obviously, we do...
    Haven't we made that obvious enough by the many threads about it (and the Earl Boen 101 DL)?
    We care... although it get's harder and harder to care for TTG like this :(.
  • edited January 2011
    But obviously, we do...
    Haven't we made that obvious enough by the many threads about it (and the Earl Boen 101 DL)?

Well, at least SBCG4AP is out for Mac now. That's one thing on my list of empty promises checked off.
  • edited January 2011
    Let's hope the others will follow too, though I got no hope that'll actually happen...
  • edited January 2011
    I've allready played through the game 3 times and I'm still finding new stuff so bonus content sounds pretty great :)
  • edited January 2011
    If only we got it...
  • edited January 2011
    Dear Telltale Company,

you said numerous times in this thread that you have some surprises for us and there is (or will be) more bonus material for the PC version and obviously the Nutrispecs are included in the PC Version but deactivated (otherwise the hack wouldn't work). I don't mind being surprised but I do mind waiting forever. So would it maybe be possible to tell WHEN the big surprise will occur? Then I can looking forward to being surprised by nutrispecs (still want them the regular way) and other surprises you have in mind :)

Thank you for yor time

Marko
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, I just thought of another wonderful thing Telltale has done semi-recently. :rolleyes:

The Great Adventure Bundle 2010. What a horrible abortion that was. Half the games still don't work properly. :(
  • edited January 2011
    But obviously, we do...
    The key words are "enough to impact their bottom line".

Do you care?

Now, do you care to the extent that you're not buying Telltale games anymore?

Now, if you do, how many people share this view?

A vast majority of the audience is probably apathetic or slightly miffed. Most won't let it affect their purchasing decisions. A couple units isn't worth the manpower required, however little there may be. This is because they don't care about their customers, because companies that make money don't do that. They analyze their customers as a cost/benefit equation, as above, and when they decide that the cost of fulfilling promises is higher than the benefit of customer satisfaction, they simply turn their backs and fart in your general direction while courting an audience that is far larger than the one that you might currently belong to, and one that is far less caring about things like past promotions. More importantly, they're an audience whose money they don't have yet, heh heh heh.
  • edited January 2011
    Now, do you care to the extent that you're not buying Telltale games anymore?
    Maybe.
    I bought BttF before this was all known, but combined with ToMI it does start making me feel like watching out a bit before purchasing.

Am I the only one. Aren't you going to do the same due to declining difficulty?
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe.
    I bought BttF before this was all known, but combined with ToMI it does start making me feel like watching out a bit before purchasing.

Am I the only one. Aren't you going to do the same due to declining difficulty?

I have similar issues with BttF, but I'm willing to wait for the next two episodes before giving up preordering Telltale's games.
    (And I don't even care about the Nutrispecs...)
  • edited January 2011
    I have similar issues with BttF, but I'm willing to wait for the next two episodes before giving up preordering Telltale's games.
    (And I don't even care about the Nutrispecs...)

I don't really care about most of the things that I've mentioned in this thread, personally. I just care about the fact that Telltale seems to have taken a liking to promising things they have no plans on delivering any time soon.
  • edited January 2011
    I've already played through the games. But bonus Content at all is awesome anyway .
  • edited January 2011
    I don't really care about most of the things that I've mentioned in this thread, personally. I just care about the fact that Telltale seems to have taken a liking to promising things they have no plans on delivering any time soon.

I agree, it's not a good sign - even though I'm on Telltale's main target platform, and I don't fall victim to stuff like incomplete seasons.
    The only thing I - very selfishly - care about is the quality of the games, and BttF EP1 is not too encouraging :(
  • edited November 2011
    Are you ever going to release the PC bonus content, Jake?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.