Steam discussion - merged threads

Comments

• edited December 2010
    It's December 18th and the release date is on the 22nd, any chance we'll see the season go up for sale on steam anytime soon?
  • edited December 2010
    Where is BTTF order on Steam? By this time Sam and Max S3 was already available on Steam.
  • edited December 2010
    yes waiting for steam link!
  • edited December 2010
    The only reason I can think for it not being on Steam yet is because of some sort of TF2 hat deal. There's really no other excuse for being this late.
  • edited December 2010
    It always takes time before TTG games appear on Steam. Though not as long a wait as XBLA or WiiWare.
  • edited December 2010
    It always takes time before TTG games appear on Steam. Though not as long a wait as XBLA or WiiWare.

It's never been this long.
  • edited December 2010

Speaking of XBLA, is Telltale done with putting games on there? It seems like they have been getting away from that and moving more towards PSN.
  • edited December 2010
    Will back to the future game also come on steam on the 22 december?:)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Minizigzag wrote: »
    Will back to the future game also come on steam on the 22 december?:)

Probably a little later! But we don't know yet. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Oh god "gogeta" you're starting to get annoying.

If you have questions go to the "FAQ" thread, and stop bashing the 360/saying how the ps3 is amazing, it's only gonna create a console war vibe and we don't want that ...
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Oh god "gogeta" you're starting to get annoying.

If you have questions go to the "FAQ" thread, and stop bashing the 360/saying how the ps3 is amazing, it's only gonna create a console war vibe and we don't want that ...

sorry i didn't mean to start a console war =P
    btw im not annoying
  • edited December 2010
    Will I get an exclusive TF2 DeLorean and BTTF hat?
  • edited December 2010
    But can anyone confirm a date for it to be released on Steam. Come on Tell Tale Games Staff.
  • edited December 2010
    Chappps wrote: »
    But can anyone confirm a date for it to be released on Steam. Come on Tell Tale Games Staff.

Day of release.
  • edited December 2010
    Thank you Alan. You are now #1 favorite person on my list.
  • edited December 2010
    I know this is prehaps, a bit cheeky but we will be able to activate our Game-Key purchased through TTG store on Steam? I'm asking as I wasn't sure of the release date on Steam and wanted to play BTTF on release day.
  • edited December 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    Will I get an exclusive TF2 DeLorean and BTTF hat?

Sadly not, it's that kind of thing that actually puts me off TF2, you just get servers filled with people who are only playing to show off their new collectable item and call everyone else a fag for not having one.

I rarely ever came across a decent playing server on TF2.
  • edited December 2010
    Cerwym wrote: »
    I know this is prehaps, a bit cheeky but we will be able to activate our Game-Key purchased through TTG store on Steam? I'm asking as I wasn't sure of the release date on Steam and wanted to play BTTF on release day.

Not cheeky at all!

Right now there are no plans to offer an activation path to activate a TTG purchased version of Back to the Future on Steam.
  • edited December 2010
    Since it is coming out on release day it doesnt really matter. I can suffer through a 24 hour delay to have it through Steam. Will just have to make a personal donation to Michael J Fox's charity.
  • edited December 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Sadly not, it's that kind of thing that actually puts me off TF2, you just get servers filled with people who are only playing to show off their new collectable item and call everyone else a fag for not having one.

I know. That's why I jumped ship over to Tripwire and TellTale.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale really should have put the pre-order up a while back. All these holiday steam sales are going to make people go broke.
  • edited December 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »

I good hat makes a player confident like the ycan take on anything also people with respect don't kill people wearing awesome hats.

There just that awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    awesome =) can you buy the game from steam??? (never used it)
  • edited December 2010
    will puzzle agent be free on steam as well?
  • edited December 2010
    Probably not but thats ok
  • edited December 2010
    any ETA more specific than "today"?
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry if this has already been answered, I did a search and didn't find anything, but do we know if BttF will be coming out on Steam today?
  • edited December 2010
    nevermind, i just saw the steam thread :$ my bad lol
  • edited December 2010
    Nope.
  • edited December 2010
    How much longer must I wait?
  • edited December 2010
    As soon as Telltale remembers.
  • edited December 2010
    Waiting...

It's not that I don't like Telltale, I just like having everything in one place.
  • edited December 2010
    No purchase until it's on Steam, just like every PC game I buy.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hi all,

The game is definitely coming to Steam. We're working with them on timing.

It's not looking like it will release there during the day today.

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited December 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all,

- Joel, Telltale

Thanks! And hopefully they will actually show it on the front page like normal, instead of just SALE SALE SALE.
  • edited December 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all,

- Joel, Telltale

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21044&page=2

Joeldee then why did Alan Johnson come on here yesterday and lie to the community saying the game would be available on the release day? I find this completely unacceptable. Could tell tale please work out an agreement with Valve to allow us to register our keys on Steam if we buy the game from the Telltale website today?
  • edited December 2010
    hlhbk wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21044&page=2

Joeldee then why did Alan Johnson come on here yesterday and lie to the community saying the game would be available on the release day? I find this completely unacceptable. Could tell tale please work out an agreement with Valve to allow us to register our keys on Steam if we buy the game from the Telltale website today?

It wasn't a lie. Since it's up on Telltalegames.com, obviously the problem comes from Steam. So it's not their fault.
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    It wasn't a lie. Since it's up on Telltalegames.com, obviously the problem comes from Steam. So it's not their fault.

Bull! It's up the developer/publisher to work with Valve in advance to ensure the game is released on the release date. On any other major release if a deal is worked out prior it is listed on Steam and released at a specific time agreed upon by Valve and the developer/publisher.

If the game wasn't going to be on there today the other employee should have informed us of this yesterday.
  • edited December 2010
    Can we please get an update on this?????
  • edited December 2010
    Yea. Like mentioned before, I originally asked the question where Alan answered with tomorrow. Had I known then I may have made other arrangements.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.