Steam discussion - merged threads

Comments

• edited December 2010
    when I did it, it activated the hat, but not TDP..
  • edited December 2010
    Actually, tried it again and it did it!
    Nice one!

Cheers!
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry if this has been posted -- my search did not show anything.

Does TT plan to incorporate Steam achievements in BTTF and future releases?

I use both Steam and my PS3 for gaming, but I have always felt more comfortable with playing TT titles on the PC. Also, considering there is no official release date set for the PS3, I'm getting antsy to go back in time. ;)

S
  • edited January 2011
    No. is short answer.

They're hard to implement apparently or something.
  • edited January 2011
    Interesting since it was implemented in their card game. I suppose that was part of the deal of collaborating with Valve.

Since PS3 trophies aren't that must easier to implement, it seemed like a shoe-in to do the same with Steam.

Oh well, thanks for the heads-up.

S
  • edited January 2011
    sascha23 wrote: »
    Interesting since it was implemented in their card game. I suppose that was part of the deal of collaborating with Valve.

Since PS3 trophies aren't that must easier to implement, it seemed like a shoe-in to do the same with Steam.

Oh well, thanks for the heads-up.

S

I'm pretty sure they had to use Achievements as a way to unlock the new items in TF2.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure they had to use Achievements as a way to unlock the new items in TF2.

This. For Poker Night, achievements were needed to notify TF2 that you did what was necessary for the items. (Similar to how the Alien Swam Parasite hat was connected to an achievement.) Since there are no items for BttF, programming in achievements would be a waste of time.

If you like that sort of thing, though, I'm sure the PS3 version will have trophies, seeing how The Devil's Playhouse/Tales of Monkey Island/SBCG4AP did.
  • edited January 2011
    If you like that sort of thing, though, I'm sure the PS3 version will have trophies, seeing how The Devil's Playhouse/Tales of Monkey Island/SBCG4AP did.

Assuming it ever comes out, that is. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Assuming it ever comes out, that is. :p

Haha it's coming out.
  • edited January 2011
    Haha it's coming out.

Hey Alan, I have a question, if you don't mind.

I know it's pointless to ask when the first episode is coming to the PS3, since if you could give the answer to that you would've told us already. But is it possible you can let us know why it's being delayed, if you have any idea? I hope I'm not coming off as confrontational (I'm sure the delay is Sony's fault, not Telltale's), but it does seem strange BttF is taking so long when The Devil's Playhouse had no such problems on the PS3. It'd be nice to at least know why.

Also, should PS3 owners expect delays like this for every episode, or do you hope whatever's causing this problem will only concern Episode 1?
  • edited January 2011
    Hey Alan, I have a question, if you don't mind.

I know it's pointless to ask when the first episode is coming to the PS3, since if you could give the answer to that you would've told us already. But is it possible you can let us know why it's being delayed, if you have any idea? I hope I'm not coming off as confrontational (I'm sure the delay is Sony's fault, not Telltale's), but it does seem strange BttF is taking so long when The Devil's Playhouse had no such problems on the PS3. It'd be nice to at least know why.

Also, should PS3 owners expect delays like this for every episode, or do you hope whatever's causing this problem will only concern Episode 1?

It's not delayed. We never announced a simultaneous release for the PS3 version of episode 1, just that it would be coming out shortly after.
  • edited January 2011
    It's not delayed. We never announced a simultaneous release for the PS3 version of episode 1, just that it would be coming out shortly after.

Ah. I know they said the PS3/iPad versions of each episode would come out after the PC/Mac versions, but I assumed that meant they'd come out one or two days later.

Still seems a little strange, but it's good to know this is supposed to happen and you're not just getting screwed over by the console makers again. Thanks for clearing things up. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Ah. I know they said the PS3/iPad versions of each episode would come out after the PC/Mac versions, but I assumed that meant they'd come out one or two days later.

Still seems a little strange, but it's good to know this is supposed to happen and you're not just getting screwed over by the console makers again. Thanks for clearing things up. :)

You know what they say happens when you assume.

I kid.
  • edited February 2011
    I get the following error:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: BackToTheFuture102.exe
    Application Version: 2011.2.15.54298
    Application Timestamp: 4d5ad0bf
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_4897
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000cea27
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 4897
    Additional Information 2: 4897df27da828cda6b3d8137ab6713e5
    Additional Information 3: 92a5
    Additional Information 4: 92a546f84c641cd73e4b743aa5c5030d

Anyone know what to do ? I tried compatibility mode, tried administrator mode....
  • edited February 2011
    oh and episode 1 worked fine from telltale direct
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    mine's doing something weird to when i loaded the second game i went to play it but nothing came up not even the first game it just shows a picture of Marty and blue blocks where the play it button and the name are suppose to be and that's it, but when i reloaded the first game ever thing was fine but when i closed the window and opened it again it told me to log in so i did and it only shows the first game is loaded so i reload the second game and it dose the same thing all over again
  • edited February 2011
    Hi everyone, new user here.

I just downloaded the free Episode 1 of BTTF, and I'm wondering if we can activate it on Steam? Not absolutely necessary, I know, but it would sure be nice. Thanks for taking the time to read my message!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    From another thread:
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    You can add it as a non-Steam game but that's it.
  • edited February 2011
    OK, thank you.
  • edited March 2011
    i started Steam today and to my surprise Episode 3, which at first i couldn't install, was now completely gone... has this happened to anyone else?
    anyway of fixing or is it because they are, at the moment, putting episode 3 on their download servers?
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, we are all experiencin this with Steam, it'll be on there soon, most likely today I think.
  • edited March 2011
    lets hope so =3
  • edited March 2011
    For anybody wondering about the game not appearing on Steam, please address concerns to Steam customer support.

We can only manage Telltale Games accounts on our end!
  • edited March 2011
    It usually takes a day for steam to update which games are available since, Alan and I have both answered this question..I feel as though it should be locked.
  • edited April 2011
    Anyone else buy the game on steam and is missing one of the "coming soon titles" since they are not out yet I can't tell if it's 4 or 5 that's missing.

See my screenshot to see what I mean

steambttfissue.png

I bought the full game on steam. Loaded it up today to see one of the "coming soon" tiles for the game is missing.

And yes I'm aware the first one there says Episode 3 it's really episode one the artwork or something got messed up I guess, been like that ever since I purchased and downloaded it on steam.
  • edited April 2011
    It dissapears briefly but returns when it's available....happened last time, no big deal :)
  • edited April 2011
    So is it episode 4 then that likley dropped off (since you can't tell when it's got the stock image there)

My guess then if that's the case the release is imminent?
  • edited April 2011
    yep, probably tomorrow, or late tonight.
  • edited April 2011
    Mmmm, yes my calculations are correct, The episode, launches Tomorrow at 11 or 12 o clock AM, in my country.
  • edited April 2011
    Or today, but so night, I dont Know, but are have to do a calculation more
  • edited June 2011
    Anyone else having issues? The name suddenly changed and picture disappeared. It still says not yet released.
  • edited June 2011
    Not using steam but there are problems with the other version too.
  • edited June 2011
    Steam usually takes a while to upload theres.

Sad too since I just watched the trailer for EP 5 and I am anxious to play it.

Looks good!

Here is hoping for a season 2.
  • edited June 2011
    the pc ttg ddl had trouble and is supposed to be fixed so logic says we have to wait longer for steam to have the updated files

darn it !
  • edited June 2011
    it's up now on steam :) :) try a restart of steam if you don't see it
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you, sir :)
  • edited June 2011
    for those who have trouble with the glass house on steam talk to the diver as soon as you go in to the expo then feel free to go round the glass house and emmetts display..
  • edited June 2011
    I downloaded my version from steam as well as when I went to play it there were graphical glitches on the title screen. The title, some of the options like "new game" "save game" "settings" and even the shadow under the car on the title screen was a red transparent box. I didn't try playing the game but had anyone else experience this problem with the steam version? I'm currently re-installing the game to see if that fixes it.
  • edited June 2011
    Did anyone see the picture, it's related, well, to this and Sam & Max. I got the picture saved if anyone wants to see it.
  • edited June 2011
    Also BTTF on sale for half off.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.