Steam discussion - merged threads

Comments

• edited December 2010
    $2.50 cheaper on Steam but you don't get the DVD at the end, remember that people.
  • edited December 2010
    Zyrocz wrote: »
    Damn, a bit cheaper on Steam than directly via Telltale. Kinda wondering why they don't give away steam activation codes to those who want to activate it in steam like the "Humble bundle" team does.

Agreed - getting a bit expensive to pick them all up from the TTG site, Steam, and on the PSN store (trophies!). I'm going to have to cut back somewhere, or at least wait for some deals.
  • edited December 2010
    The last time I tried to buy stuff on steam (this past Monday when the big sale started), my credit card company flagged my card for suspicious use! I spent days trying to get it sorted out. I think I'll not be using my credit card with steam anymore (not that it is steam's fault.) All the more reason why I wish Telltale sold Monkey Island 2 SE. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    $2.50 cheaper on Steam but you don't get the DVD at the end, remember that people.

So we'll get DVD in summer, after releasing all 5 episodes? :D I didn't know about this :D I hope they will send me English version xD
  • edited December 2010
    Cez24 wrote: »
    So we'll get DVD in summer, after releasing all 5 episodes? :D I didn't know about this :D I hope they will send me English version xD
    Doc: すばらしいスコット!
    McFly: これは重い...
  • edited December 2010
    I opened a topic to give us an activaction key to redeem it on Steam,where is cheapest.
  • edited December 2010
    holmja wrote: »
    The last time I tried to buy stuff on steam (this past Monday when the big sale started), my credit card company flagged my card for suspicious use! I spent days trying to get it sorted out. I think I'll not be using my credit card with steam anymore (not that it is steam's fault.) All the more reason why I wish Telltale sold Monkey Island 2 SE. :(
    I don't... um... I can't um... what? Why would TT sell MI2:SE? They... they didn't make the game, it was developed and distributed by Lucasarts. And it's not Steam that flagged your card... it was the bank, so... you've blacklisted Steam because of your bank.

In any case, I'm a little pissed off that I bought it through Telltale. The reason being: I prefer Steam's system of delivery over even discs. Steam is a much more reliable way for my to keep my games, even after system changes, than most other game delivery systems and rules out the idea of damaging media. Telltale is good, but I prefer that I had all of my games in a single delivery and organisational platform.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't... um... I can't um... what? Why would TT sell MI2:SE? They... they didn't make the game, it was developed and distributed by Lucasarts. And it's not Steam that flagged your card... it was the bank, so... you've blacklisted Steam because of your bank.

In any case, I'm a little pissed off that I bought it through Telltale. The reason being: I prefer Steam's system of delivery over even discs. Steam is a much more reliable way for my to keep my games, even after system changes, than most other game delivery systems and rules out the idea of damaging media. Telltale is good, but I prefer that I had all of my games in a single delivery and organisational platform.

Because Telltale DOES sell Monkey Island I SE in their store! And I said that I would not be using that credit card with steam, not that I wouldn't be using steam.

I bought MI SE right here, they still sell it: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/thirdparty
  • edited December 2010
    For those asking, right now there are no plans to offer a Steam activation code for Back to the Future purchases made through Telltale Games.
  • edited December 2010
    For those asking, right now there are no plans to offer a Steam activation code for Back to the Future purchases made through Telltale Games.

And please don't do it in the future.
  • edited December 2010
    hooooray for the steam users!
  • edited December 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Seconded. And I know I've only been buying Telltale Games since April of this year, but the noobs this time around have me head-desking like crazy. Seriously, "I don't... um... I can't um... what? Why would TT sell MI2:SE?", did any of these BTTF people even look at the rest of Telltale's store?
  • edited December 2010

What? Why?
  • edited December 2010
    Because Telltale DOES sell Monkey Island I SE in their store! And I said that I would not be using that credit card with steam, not that I wouldn't be using steam.

I bought MI SE right here, they still sell it: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/thirdparty

Didn't notice that, that's weird. I never scrolled down to the third party section before. I guess Lucasarts just wants to hold onto MI2:SE a bit longer. In any case, don't begrudge Steam because your bank flagged the purchase as unusual.
  • edited December 2010
    Didn't notice that, that's weird. I never scrolled down to the third party section before. I guess Lucasarts just wants to hold onto MI2:SE a bit longer. In any case, don't begrudge Steam because your bank flagged the purchase as unusual.

I didn't begrudge steam, I specifically said it wasn't steam fault in my original post! I'm not using THAT card with steam anymore, I'll just pay with paypal.
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't begrudge steam, I specifically said it wasn't steam fault in my original post! I'm not using THAT card with steam anymore, I'll just pay with paypal.
    Oh, I totally misunderstood. MY bad.
  • edited December 2010
    What? Why?

one simple answer: They will have to pay steam and if you want the steam version there are always 2 options:

Wait for it to be released on steam and buy it then or just buy the game again.
    It will be insanely cheap on steam in a few months anyways.
    Hell I re-bought Tales on Steam when it was only 5€. I bought poker night on TTG and Steam because it was very cheap.
    I bought TDP here and activated it on steam for the S&M items and felt like I cheated the company.
  • edited December 2010
    I bought TDP here and activated it on steam for the S&M items and felt like I cheated the company.
    Wut
    "I DIDN'T BUY TWO COPIES OF A GAME! OH I'M GOING TO HELL"
  • edited December 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    Wut
    "I DIDN'T BUY TWO COPIES OF A GAME! OH I'M GOING TO HELL"

But I recieved and used 2 copies of the game. I am in hell right now and it's quite warm and comfortable. It's actually quite comfortable to have the TTG-version because the steam version is almost always late (about 2-4 hours late).
  • edited December 2010
    But I recieved and used 2 copies of the game. I am in hell right now and it's quite warm and comfortable. It's actually quite comfortable to have the TTG-version because the steam version is almost always late (about 2-4 hours late).
    Well I don't feel like buying 2 copies of the same game. It also sucks that I have 2 copies of Poker Night because of the telltale pack but can't give it away because lolsteam
  • edited December 2010
    I'm looking at it on Steam but I don't see anything if it has achievements or not? Thanks! :)
  • edited December 2010
    No achievements. Yet. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    achievments are for slackers.
  • edited December 2010
    No French sub. on Steam?!
  • edited December 2010
    But I recieved and used 2 copies of the game.

Oh lord. Did nobody tell you that if you've bought the Season they send you the game on... DVD!!! THREE COPIES?? You're DEFINITELY going to hell now.

Maybe if you ask TTG you can stop them from doing it and save all our souls.

?
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    achievments are for slackers.

But Marty is a slacker! Strickland said so.
  • edited December 2010
    Don't forget hooligans.
    90% of steam users a slackers and hooligans anyway.
    It's a fact, look it up!
  • edited December 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    Aw shit. Well better start pirating telltale's games.

...Pirated games don't work on Steam either? Unless you're just going to add the shortcut, in which case they work with Telltales downloads to, you don't really have a reason to pirate the game as the outcome is actually worse off.

Why not just buy the game on Steam?
  • edited December 2010
    I haven't bought telltale games before so forgive me if this is commonly known, but if I buy BTTF on Steam right now, will I get the rest of the episodes in the season automatically as they come out?

Thanks in advance,
    Scynthe
  • edited December 2010
    Scynthe wrote: »
    I haven't bought telltale games before so forgive me if this is commonly known, but if I buy BTTF on Steam right now, will I get the rest of the episodes in the season automatically as they come out?

Thanks in advance,
    Scynthe

Yes, you will.
  • edited December 2010
    To me the best deal for this game was the pre-order special: All five episodes, a free copy of Puzzle Agent, and the DVD when it's all said and done--that's just great. While I do love Steam, and I really appreciate them offering a 10% discount, they can keep the $2.50 because the free copy of Puzzle Agent and the DVD collection (which ensures that you'll be able to play this forever) is worth way more than that IMO.
  • edited December 2010
    Sweet! Buying now :) Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    Scynthe wrote: »

Thanks in advance,
    Scynthe

But remember that you WONT get the entire game on DVD at the end. And if you wanna play it through STEAM that bad, you can always use Steam to open it.
  • edited December 2010
    If I can't for BTTF, why not or when will I be able to? I was able to do it for Sam and Max as well as Poker Night.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale and Steam allowed the purchases from here to be linked on Steam because Sam & Max and Poker Night have cross over promo items in Team Fortress 2, BTTF doesn't have such a deal so they are not going to give people a second copy to activate on Steam.
  • edited December 2010
    Really enjoying it, it's the whole season. I'm in the UK so I got it for £15.29, 10% Off the regular price. Awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh lord. Did nobody tell you that if you've bought the Season they send you the game on... DVD!!! THREE COPIES?? You're DEFINITELY going to hell now.

I have to order the DVD and pay the huge shipping fee to get the DVD. So that's not too much to worry about.
  • edited December 2010
    So I just got it on Steam, but I was wondering if you get the whole game for the 23 dollars and you just wait for the other episodes to come out and you just download them, or it was 23 dollars for just one episode.
  • edited December 2010
    nevermind. Just saw the answer a couple answers up. thank you :) now to enjoy this game
  • edited December 2010
    Mike2112 wrote: »
    So I just got it on Steam, but I was wondering if you get the whole game for the 23 dollars and you just wait for the other episodes to come out and you just download them, or it was 23 dollars for just one episode.

That's the price for the whole season.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.