Steam discussion - merged threads

edited September 2011 in Back to the Future
Can we bet on a Steam version of these games?

Comments

• TorTor
    edited June 2010
    I think that's a fairly safe bet considering the trend so far.
  • edited June 2010
    Do keep in mind that it will have a few hours delays!
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Do keep in mind that it will have a few hours delays!

I bought my first Telltale games on Steam, OCD begs me to keep them all on there.
  • edited June 2010
    Steam steam steam steam steam :)
  • edited June 2010
    I'll pre order the games on here, so I can instantly dl them instantly and then link them to my steam account.

I wonder if there will be pre-orders.
  • edited June 2010
    Who says you can link TTG games to your Steam account?

Or are you talking about adding non-Steam shortcuts to the Steam client?
  • edited June 2010
    Until now I got all my Telltale games on Steam. However in the recent Puzzle Agent sale and the insane Sam & Max sale, I got all of them here on Telltale too.

I'd love to get the games on my Steam account (no, I don't mean adding shortcuts through Steam), but I'm not buying Telltale games through Steam ever again!
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    Hi guys,

I'm a big fan of the monkey island and so bought the Tales of a Monkey Island and loved them ! I'm sure TT Games will make a great game out of Back to The Future but I would to know if we have any information on if they will release it (and prerealese it) through Steam.

Best regards,

rXp>!<
  • edited October 2010
    Given how almost Telltale's entire library is available on Steam already, I'm sure BttF will be sold on there soon.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to get it off the Telltale Store, though? Just out of curiosity.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    Given how almost Telltale's entire library is available on Steam already, I'm sure BttF will be sold on there soon.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to get it off the Telltale Store, though? Just out of curiosity.
    Well I like to have my games regroup at one or 2 places.So for several now years I buy only digital games through steam mostly or blizzard for starcraft 2(example) the last game I bought that came with a box was FEAR 2 and I did that because it was on steam so even if I have the box I have it on my steam account :)
    I reformat a lot my computer and with steam I don't need to reinstall my games I keep them all on an second hard drive (1TO of game ^^) AND since I got a laptop on linux to work (I develop) Steam is the easiest platform to virtualize with wine :)
    (got all my games on 2 pc thanks to steam)

I say all that without saying the autoupdate the steam friend the steam gift etc... ;) I bought the complet Monkey Island pack for a friend on steam :)
  • edited October 2010
    It's nice to finally see someone here who prefers Steam.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    It's nice to finally see someone here who prefers Steam.

Man I use steam since it came out =D I'm a big fan of valve games so I had no choice to get my CS1.6 :p
  • edited October 2010
    Steam rulez! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    If it comes out on steam, Im buying it for sure then.

I grew up watching these movies
  • edited October 2010
    Back to the Future will be available on Steam. It just isn't available to order there as of yet.

Purchasing the game through the Telltale Games Store is the only way to get Puzzle Agent for free, have a dollar from your purchase go to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and gain access the Insider Forums though.
  • edited October 2010
    Sadly, I'm probably going to end up double-dipping on this. I really want the Steam release of the games, but I'm also going to want to be able to pick up the DVD release with goodies when it inevitably becomes available.

I suppose it's unreasonable to pre-order the games through the Telltale store and hope they can be transferred to my Steam account as well?
  • edited October 2010
    vidkid7 wrote: »
    I suppose it's unreasonable to pre-order the games through the Telltale store and hope they can be transferred to my Steam account as well?

Correct. Lol.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    Correct. Lol.
    That's a shame :p
  • edited October 2010
    Correct. Lol.

Bah! Oh well, that's fine. Telltale (along with old Cyan Worlds) is one of the few places I won't mind spending money twice.
  • edited October 2010
    @Alan Johnson

Please make sure that the steam people won't get the game one second earlier! ;)

I use steam very much, i bought sam&max season 2 and 3 there, but i want to buy the telltale games from you more often. It's nice to get the Puzzle Agent from you, and the donation thing is very nice.

greetings from germany
    big telltale fan, tomsen
  • edited October 2010
    vidkid7 wrote: »
    Correct. Lol.

Actually I'm pretty sure there is some option on steam for you to load up other games onto it(I remember nearly adding spider solitare to my account)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Actually I'm pretty sure there is some option on steam for you to load up other games onto it(I remember nearly adding spider solitare to my account)

You can add other games to your Steam games list, so you can launch them from your game library window, but that doesn't make them "Steam Games," as in they don't show up when you buy a new computer, etc. It's just a shortcut to an outside game, in your Steam list.
  • edited October 2010
    Steam is a good service for sure. Not too happy that you need to be online for Single players games too, but well I guess there is no way around that these days.

My biggest grief with steam are the prices though. Considering steam has 30 million subscribers you would think that they would be able to do more offers.
    Actually, they are one of the most expansive for a weird reason.

I can get actual hardcopies a lot cheaper in the shops or from Amazon.
    Feels sometimes to me as Valve is missusing their monopoly a bit there.

"Back to the Future" I will definitely get from Telltale directly as for me I don't see ab benefit in using the Steam service over the Telltale one (both are equally good in my eyes).
    Not sure if this is true, but I also think if I buy directly from Telltale, the guys who actually make the game are getting more money.
  • edited October 2010
    Elmo wrote: »
    "Back to the Future" I will definitely get from Telltale directly as for me I don't see ab benefit in using the Steam service over the Telltale one (both are equally good in my eyes).
    Not sure if this is true, but I also think if I buy directly from Telltale, the guys who actually make the game are getting more money.

I hope so! A good reason to buy it from the developer! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Tomsen wrote: »
    I hope so! A good reason to buy it from the developer! ;)

If I can order from the developer directly, I usually always do even if it would be more expensive.

But Telltale usually does great deals for their games.
    Jus saw that they had all three Sam&Max Seasons for 20$. Even though I own the first season already for PC (DVD Version) and for Wii, I don't have the 2nd and 3rd season.
    That is an amazing price, even for techichally just two seasons for me.

While I ordered that, I directly preordered BttF too. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Correct. Lol.

How about hooking up with Steam to allow them to be registered, a la...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601#which

? :D
  • edited October 2010
    EGOvoruhk wrote: »
    How about hooking up with Steam to allow them to be registered, a la...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601#which

? :D

Telltale actually had a deal on here, for those of us who pre-ordered Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, we were also given the game again on Steam because of the Team Fortress 2 Promotion, which required the game on Steam. So us lot who purchased directly from Telltale got the game again on Steam.
  • edited October 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Telltale actually had a deal on here, for those of us who pre-ordered Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, we were also given the game again on Steam because of the Team Fortress 2 Promotion, which required the game on Steam. So us lot who purchased directly from Telltale got the game again on Steam.

Did we?? I preordered S&M:TDP and I didn't!
  • edited October 2010
    zmally wrote: »
    Did we?? I preordered S&M:TDP and I didn't!

Yeah you had to go to the Telltale TF2 Hats website, Log In to your Telltale account and it would say if you qualified or not, if you did, it gave you a code to use on Steam to add Sam & Max Season 3 to your games.
  • edited October 2010
    The site is still up, too.
  • edited December 2010
    Will back to the future game also be enable on steam? :D

or what? :)
  • edited December 2010
    It's pretty much a forgone conclusion. Telltale have been great buddies with Steam and all of their games so far have been on Steam and every game has come up for pre-order on their site before Steam. I have absolutely no doubts that this game will be available on Steam as well(though you won't get the Season DVD and you're not likely to get the Puzzle Agent pre-order bonus).
  • edited December 2010
    Just FYI, GamersGate has it for pre-order:
    www.gamersgate.com

They are a downloadable games site similar to Steam and Impulse. I use all three services, because often they have different great sales on things.

It's a little less than Telltale direct ($21.20) but doesn't have the extras. And if you keep your eye on Telltale's 30 days of Christmas sale, you might see something better (I grabbed the free BTTF card game deal they had a week or so ago).
  • edited December 2010
    I want this on Steam too.
  • edited December 2010
    Back to the Future will be available for purchase on Steam.
  • edited December 2010
    Suspense killer... should have remained a mystery for at least another week.
  • edited December 2010
    Well I wouldve PREFERED to have preordered on steam, I like all my games lately to be on one big list, which OK Alan... this means you are gonna get 2 sales from me >.< My preorder I did here. (I like the idea Im getting the DVD) Then one day when Steam has a sale on it. Ill reorder it again just to put it on my steam list. =)
  • edited December 2010
    Or you could just add a shortcut of the non-steam game to your steam list...

You won't be able to uninstall it or reinstall it through steam but it will be in the list.
  • edited December 2010
    but not "the game again on steam", right? I thought he meant the entire season of games to activate on steam!
  • edited December 2010
    zmally wrote: »
    but not "the game again on steam", right? I thought he meant the entire season of games to activate on steam!
    If you have a code on that site and activate that through Steam, you get the hats and The Devil's Playhouse on Steam, yes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.