The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    site-atrpg-banner.png
  • edited October 2012
    I like my new PS3 remote. It can change my TV's selected input, change the TV's aspect ratio, and call/interact with the TV's menus. And my TV is an LG. My DVD player is also an LG, and the remote for it doesn't do all that.
  • edited October 2012
    8048833653_21b6a160cd.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Oh! So would you quickly get into that "last movie you watched" thread where I just posted at length and tell me about Joseph as young Bruce?
  • edited October 2012
    I may do later, when I'm not so tired.
  • edited October 2012
    I got Sonic Adventure 2 HD & the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DLC today on the Playstation Store.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I got Sonic Adventure 2 HD & the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DLC today on the Playstation Store.
    I'm a little behind on Sega's HD Dreamcast re-releases. I just picked up Jet Set Radio for XBLA a few days ago. :)
  • edited October 2012
    51WM78KC16L.jpg
    51CcyF%2BbESL.jpg

Normally I prefer English media but the Harry Potter books are well translated (read them all in German and English) and Rufus Beck is doing a really good job on the audiobooks.
  • edited October 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I'm a little behind on Sega's HD Dreamcast re-releases. I just picked up Jet Set Radio for XBLA a few days ago. :)

The only ones i got are Sonic Adventure 1,2 and Cazy Taxi. I am going to get Nights and Jet Set Radio to try them out. Is Jet Set Radio good?
  • edited October 2012
    A shirt online, then it arrived, then I was too fat to fit in it and then I swore and ate 2 rounds of mayonnaise sandwiches.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The only ones i got are Sonic Adventure 1,2 and Cazy Taxi. I am going to get Nights and Jet Set Radio to try them out. Is Jet Set Radio good?
    Jet Set Radio HD is very good. The best version has always been the hard to find Japanese De La Jet Set Radio Dreamcast disc, but this one tops it, hands down. It's as well done as the HD version of Sonic CD in that it has all the music from all the regions (minus 2 songs, if I remember correctly). Although, in Jet Set Radio HD the songs from the European, American, and Japanese versions are all put in the playlist of the game and play during regular gameplay rather than having a region selector for the music like Sonic CD HD. All of the extra unlockable characters from De La Jet Set Radio are in there and the extra two levels of the American and European (and De La Jet Set Radio) release are there too. This is the best HD conversion I've played so far from Sega (there's also neat extras like a documentary of the game and a music player to play the songs outside of gameplay (although you have to unlock the songs during gameplay)). If you want info on the gameplay if you've never played it, Jet Set Radio is one of my favorite Dreamcast games of all time. It controls really nicely, and the conversion controls are just as tight as the original (there's no sluggishness or late response here, at least in the XBLA version). The level design is really well done, and it's just a blast to play. :)

The only other HD Dreamcast re-release that I own that you don't is Space Channel 5 Part 2 (I skipped Sega Bass Fishing. I enjoyed it on the Dreamcast, but only because of the fishing reel. It wouldn't be as fun without it). Space Channel 5 Part 2 HD is really good too. It's got the extras of the Japanese Dreamcast version (the 100 dance dance-off and the unlockable costumes), and it looks really good in high definition. Of course, the genre of this one is really niche, and not everyone likes it, so I can understand if someone is put off by it (since it's really just QTE events set to music), but I like it a lot. The music is fantastic and the 60's inspired art style works well with the game.

I want to pick up Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS next (although NiGHTS is a Saturn HD re-release rather than Dreamcast). I'll probably get NiGHTS first, as I missed out on that on it's original release even though I did have a Saturn.
  • edited October 2012
    If there's one thing you can say about Sega, it's that its rereleases of non-Sonic stuff is usually pretty good.

Last bought two of these:

san1.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    header.jpg

On Gamersgate. They have the same offer as Steam but I can pay in pounds. Saving enough money to make this one worth it.
  • edited October 2012
    A new razer mouse as my old shitty non branded ones keep dying, and Pre ordered Xcom, sigh 9 days to go.
  • edited October 2012
    It's National Taco Day in the U.S. So to be contrarian, I ordered fajitas.
  • edited October 2012
    Resident Evil 6 for PS3 and a Baked Potato
  • edited October 2012
    Resident Evil 6 for PS3 and a Baked Potato

One of those will be satisfying and the other will be disappointing.
  • edited October 2012
    804579.jpg

Oh look what the mailman dragged in all the way from South-Corea! It's the 6th album by PSY including the megahit Gangnam Style.

Unboxing video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqC_bEAGPeQ
  • edited October 2012
    A DLC pack for the PS3 version of Disney Universe based on Phineas and Ferb, because it was on sale and I refuse to pay full price for DLC, no matter how much I may be interested in it.
  • edited October 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 HD.
  • edited October 2012
    A bunch of stuff from GOG.com.

- Arcanum: Of Steelworks and Magick Obscura
    - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
    - Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within
    - Gabriel Knight: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
    - La Mulana
    - Quest for Glory 1-5
    - Torin's Passage
  • edited October 2012
    *sigh*

- Gabriel Knight: SotF
    - Space Quest 123
    - Police Quest 1234
  • edited October 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Sonic Adventure 2 HD.

Do you think it's better in HD?
  • edited October 2012
    Do you think it's better in HD?

Bout the same rly but it tomatoes goes to 4:3 screen with the blackbars on cutscenes and sometimes its full screen. The Game play it self is all widescreen so far. and sometime the BGM drowns out the characters talking..the good thing is Omochao's lines get drowned out.
  • edited October 2012
    A UNIT pin badge.

unit.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    That's beautiful and I want one. *sigh*
  • edited October 2012
    heh heh he's admiring your unit.
  • edited October 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    heh heh he's admiring your unit.

image.php?u=22029&dateline=1335033458
  • edited October 2012
    Not just admiring it... I've bought one of me own. Fnar fnar.
  • edited October 2012
    I got a new backpack. This is the first time I've bought a backpack since the fifth grade. When I had to get rid of the old one, it felt like the end of an era.
  • edited October 2012
    Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

Got in at the last second and snatched it on eBay for just under £15 - which is actually less then I paid for the first one! First time that's ever happened in my favour, so I'm pretty happy. :)
    edited October 2012
    powernapindigogo.jpg

This is Maritza's (crfh on this forum) comic project, and I proudly support it (by receiving a European sized comic album of the completed initial three chapters ;) ).

Take a look at the online comic here: http://www.powernapcomic.com/
    And by all means, use those 69 hours left to get your copy. This is a startlingly original comic series drawn by Bachan that competes with even the wildest literary sci-fi dystopian fictions out there.

I don't even want to know what the customs office will do to me to get this.
  • edited October 2012
    tangledBRBA.jpg
    wall-e-bluray.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    250px-Children_of_Mana.jpg

...I need to stop buying stuff on eBay. Damn you for re-introducing me to it, coolsome!
  • edited October 2012
    6835d1306965963-halo-reach-demo-halo-reach-cover.jpg

GAH! SOMEONE HELP ME!
    edited October 2012
    See? You're already posting rubbish broken image links.
    Stop the uncontrolled purchase marathon!

8000_29_32244.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    See? You're already posting rubbish broken image links.
    Stop the uncontrolled purchase marathon!
    Which one's broken? They all work fine for me.
  • edited October 2012
    Which one's broken? They all work fine for me.
    Halo Reach

I also bought some old crap on ebay

61rY3L1b5PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61-3vhKWS8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

511H8AcMWWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Darth_Broken.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    You bought this thread?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.