for my nephews for Christmas.
  • edited October 2012
    My new computer. :guybrush:
  • edited October 2012
    The Limited Edition Halo 4 Xbox 360.
  • edited October 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Not a 1TB drive?

Also, the link's a bit borked. Might wanna fix that.
  • edited October 2012
    Rock of Ages and UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold.

Only bought the latter due to the fact that it's moddable.
  • edited October 2012
    Not a 1TB drive?
    (1)It would be spending another $100 instead of $85 on my game console which I feel guilty enough about spending already; (2) I'd have to pay for international shipping; and (3) I'd have to wait longer to get it.

Not that it matters, but I don't know why that item needs to include "PS3 Compatible" when any 2.5" SATA HDD is compatible.
    Also, the link's a bit borked. Might wanna fix that.
    Thanks. Fixed it.
  • edited October 2012
    X-COM £21 on Greenman Gaming with the 25% off code.
    Sleeping Dogs DLC £2.40 with code

I wanted to see what the hubub is about with X-COM!
    Everyone's seems to be singing its praises, and at that price I thought I'd bite.
    (Plus Civilisation V looks lonely by itself as the only strategy game on my laptop! XD)
  • edited November 2012
    I just ordered a new P229 Guide Rod, Wolff Recoil Spring, and another Hi-Cap Magazine.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Could... not... resist...

new-kindle-paperwhite-leaked-amazon-0.jpg
  • edited November 2012
    Vain, does the backlight turn all the way off?

I mean, if it's completely dark in a room, and you have the backlight turned all the way down to the lowest setting, can you still see light from the screen?
  • edited November 2012

I mean, if it's completely dark in a room, and you have the backlight turned all the way down to the lowest setting, can you still see light from the screen?
    You can turn it off on the equivalent Nook, but can't on the Kindle(last I checked). If you haven't seen the effect though, it's not like an LCD screen or older backlit ereaders, the effect is just sort of an eerie visibility that doesn't actually have a "light pollution" problem.
    edited November 2012

Ask me again on December 11th. That's about the time when Amazon Germany wants to send the thing to me. ;)

I have been asking myself the same thing though. Online unpacking videos show that the light intensity slider goes all the way down at least - and the promise for 8 weeks per charge at half an hour reading time a day is meant with light at maximum. Dashing is also correct though, according to Amazon's propaganda, it's not "backlit" like an LCD screen, the light is directed through a fibre glass plate from bottom to top of the reader and does not point in the direction of the reader's eyes.
  • edited November 2012

yes I can still see light. (bought a new kindle paperwhite as well) Even when it is supposedly off, it is still on, though just barely. The only time it is REALLY off is when it is turned off and the screen saver is up. I've had mine for about two weeks. It's got some very faint pink splotches on the screen, but I decided I'm not going to send it back for a replacement right now because it doesn't distract from the reading. I will wait a while until they get their QC cleared up and then call for a replacement.

The light is actually pretty nice. I am prone to headaches after staring at monitors all day in my job and by the time I get home I can't take being on the computer very much sometimes. But the Kindle's light doesn't bother me at all.
  • edited November 2012
    Darksiders 2 - £20.79

If you have the 15% off from IGN on Gamersgate still you can get Darksiders 2 for about £20 with this code (instead of its regular £35 price):
    (I missed out on the Getgamesgo deal, which was cheaper than this, but this is only a couple of quid more (Its about 45% off instead of 50% Getgames had it for))

DARK2-FACE-BOOK-30GG

Could have waited until Christmas sale, but by then I'll probably have no money, (Christmas shopping for you... -_-), but till then another little treat can't hurt! XD
  • edited November 2012
    See, I'd get that if A) I wanted it, B) It was around a tenner and C) I didn't have 500 other games to get through.

Last bought some energy drinks. Because I am once again addicted to caffeine. Bleh.
  • edited November 2012
    I hope to buy some food within the next hour. Probably won't happen, but I'm gunning for it anyways.
  • edited November 2012
    See, I'd get that if A) I wanted it, B) It was around a tenner and C) I didn't have 500 other games to get through.

Last bought some energy drinks. Because I am once again addicted to caffeine. Bleh.

I've decided to now only buy less games for a little bit more.
    I've figured out WHY I don't play most games, and that its the time/investment ratio.

When I was a kid, I played less games, but for longer because I invested more proportionate money to it. I had to get that value out of it.

Nowadays all these cheap games I subconsciously ignore because I have less investment in it.

Basically, on this laptop I'm limiting myself to about 50-60 games, only about 5 or 6 of those are Indie games I KNOW I will play.
    edited November 2012
    Ahahahahhh!! Only one store in my vicinity has them, and they_are_incredible!!

120725_news_kakaomousee_458x318.jpg
  • edited November 2012
    Now I'm sad I didn't get the 5 packs I saw in Metro yesterday.
    But I got a 5-pack of those:
    -4000417011008.jpg

Also Amazon sent this my way yesterday. I hope it arrives soon:
    51-02zgLwML.jpg
  • edited November 2012
    Totalmedia Theatre 5 £38

Because my Power DVD 12 upgrade doesn't work, (since I can't get a copy of 10 to upgrade to (it was pre-installed on my old laptop)), and despite my request for support, its pretty much been ignored.

So screw those guys! I'll buy a full software to use my laptop Blu Ray drive with! >:/

(not that there is much choice... -_-)
  • edited November 2012
    28737166_500x500_1.jpg
    28737166_500x500_3.jpg

• Limited edition in-ear headphones with a sleek "PlayStation Vita Blue" metallic finish
    • £5 discount on one of the following PS Vita games on PlayStationStore: Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan
    • Exclusive PS Vita items for PlayStationHome: PS Vita T- Shirt, Sunglasses, Headphones, Trainers and Bag
    • An exclusive PlayStation Vita avatar for PlayStationNetwork
    • Exclusive early access to Frobisher Says! for PlayStation Vita
  • edited November 2012
    I bought a sandwich. It was tuna. I ate it.
  • edited November 2012
    Root beer.
  • edited November 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    28737166_500x500_1.jpg
    28737166_500x500_3.jpg

• Limited edition in-ear headphones with a sleek "PlayStation Vita Blue" metallic finish
    • £5 discount on one of the following PS Vita games on PlayStationStore: Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan
    • Exclusive PS Vita items for PlayStationHome: PS Vita T- Shirt, Sunglasses, Headphones, Trainers and Bag
    • An exclusive PlayStation Vita avatar for PlayStationNetwork
    • Exclusive early access to Frobisher Says! for PlayStation Vita
    While you're at it,get a copy of Virtues Last Reward once that comes out over there. It's totally fantastic.
  • edited November 2012
    boxshot_uk_large.jpg

For £3 on PSN.
  • edited November 2012
    a burger is what I bought:
    Attachment not found.
  • edited November 2012
    Uh, some Mass Effect 2 DLC. Can't remember which. They're on offer on XBox Live, which is why I got 'em. Not paying full price for DLC, no sir!

...oh no, wait. It was actually more energy drinks. My bad. Anyone else drink Emerge? One of the few energy drinks I've found out there that I actually like.
  • edited November 2012
    I bought all the ME2 DLC full price and it made me feel horrible.
  • edited November 2012
    I rarely pay full price for DLC. I think it's all overpriced.
  • edited November 2012
    I just bought the worst game in the N64 library for 5th time (I broke it 4 times for frustration)
    Attachment not found.
  • edited November 2012
    I just bought the worst game in the N64 library for 5th time (I broke it 4 times for frustration)
    Attachment not found.

You brought Superman 64 5 times!?
  • edited November 2012
    You brought Superman 64 5 times!?

this game is so crappy you want to complete it, but you'll break it
  • edited November 2012
    Surely that's what emulators are for! Think of all the time and money and sanity you'll save!
  • edited November 2012
    2.jpg

The burning bush told him to make the game suck.
  • edited November 2012
    Surely that's what emulators are for! Think of all the time and money and sanity you'll save!

yeah but one problem..... it took me almost a year to make it past Stage 1.
    I'm on stage 3, I don't think I'll make it that far again
    I know I can cheat on emulators but I'm trying to not do that
  • edited November 2012
    A year.

...a YEAR.

...I have no words.
  • edited November 2012
    this game is so crappy you want to complete it, but you'll break it

Ah, so the key to wealth in game development is to create something that is so frustrating your users will destroy it, and then buy it again. That will lead to some interesting developments.
  • edited November 2012
    A year.

...a YEAR.

...I have no words.

Time limits, glitches, bad controls, bad graphics.
    This game is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE
  • edited November 2012
    Time limits, glitches, bad controls, bad graphics.
    This game is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE

Yh but most ppl just give up and watch youtube playthoughs.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.