The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Well, finally went out and bought a PS3. It was bundled with AC3. Mainly to have something to do during winter break and time off work.
  • edited December 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I actually bought the country.
    Monoco isn't a country, it's a principality.
  • edited December 2012
    He got ripped off!
  • edited December 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    He got ripped off!

I want my money back.:eek:
  • edited December 2012
    81vnacqrT%2BL._AA500_.jpg

Finally a good 12" mix of Relax & Two Tribes on one CD. Worth it for that alone.
  • edited December 2012
    tennouttaten_zpsc0fd683a.png
  • edited December 2012
    One of them microwavable wheatie things, very snuggly.
    Theme Hospital.

Aah, going to dig out my copy now and cure some bloaty heads.
  • edited December 2012
    Coolsome - how much was shipping on that?
  • edited December 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    tennouttaten_zpsc0fd683a.png

Unfortunately, this shirt has the side effect that upon wearing it every man will now want to touch your butt.
  • edited December 2012
    7f20f4e1a7911057b1cad75dd1c347e6_500.jpg

The I ordered PPV!
    Coolsome - how much was shipping on that?

I got it free with a code!

anyone who wants that shirt or anything else off that site use WINTER12 for free post.
  • edited December 2012
    Worth noting that 'that site' is rodeoarcade.com.

Oh, and I got the same shirt. 'cause it's awesome.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2012
    frontcover1.jpg

(Took this image off the net because I wanted to show it with some dimensionality instead of just the cover. Actual book should arrive tomorrow. Still... those trees should be brown?!?)
  • edited December 2012
    What, and add a third colour to the cover? Honestly, do you think money grows on trees?

Last bought Trine and The Chronicles of Athena: Assault on Dark Athena. Because they were cheap. I'm scared my addiction to Steam sales may have spread to GOG. Someone please get me some help...
  • edited December 2012
    Cream Cheese. For cream cheese sugar cookies. They're awesome.
  • edited December 2012
    Two tickets to Cheech & Chong live Light Up Europe 2013 tour!!!
    Can't wait.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2012
    What, and add a third colour to the cover? Honestly, do you think money grows on trees?

Well, I would have appreciated the effort. The book arrived today, and it IS a beautiful edition, but the dark ink of all things isn't really chosen well. It is still of somewhat brownish color if you look really hard, but the bad thing is that it's quite glossy. Also, the cloth-bound cover lends itself to decoloration somewhat, so its edges will turn white quickly. I had also hoped for more of an engraved cover, which this edition doesn't have.

BUT it does not only include the sample LotR chapter, but also Christopher Tolkien's 1987 foreword to the 50th anniversary edition, which I have never read; AND the cloth feels very bibliophile in your hand when you read it. Recommended, 7.5 of ten stars. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    American money is a combination of cotton and linen, so while money doesn't grow on trees, it does grow from plants.
  • edited December 2012
    Why can none of you just nod, smile and say "I see what you did there"? Honestly.

Last bought dinner from McDonalds. Woo.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Cream Cheese. For cream cheese sugar cookies. They're awesome.

Pictures please (if they're not all gone already)!
    [The Hobbit]

I won't go see "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" until after I've read the book, so that's the last item The Dude bought. :p
  • edited December 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Pictures please (if they're not all gone already)!

Yeah, they're gone, but I'm going to make more soon. They just look like normal sugar cookies except softer and smaller than most people make them because of that. I can't frost worth a crap so that was kind of smeared on lol.

Uh... I bought a muffin.
  • edited December 2012
    oNlJB.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    de8fc9bb1b547c0866fad71a0e8f511bcd77a199.jpeg
    924d80eb05d9c3d484a7f22452f049bf42ee52ec.jpg
    02e3fafaf538360257a892c4033a7e37819ddd23.jpg
    d9d7b40e9ebc56bc385ee3ed1b8318747db1f903.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    Back to the Future: The Game, from GOG.com

for $5.
  • edited December 2012
    5$ completely wasted.
    But hey. At least it's not Jurassic Dildo the Movie The QTE.
  • edited December 2012
    BTTF is not that bad. It's just super easy and a bit buggy in places. I've paid more money for games that really suck, and this is not one of them.
  • edited December 2012
    A shit-ton of games from GOG.com. The only one from Telltale I could really bring myself to buy (AGAIN) was Wallace & Gromit - the others were just too pricey to win me over (also I have the DVDs, so...).
  • edited December 2012
    boxartlg.jpg

It's half-off today only, and I had some Microsoft points sitting around that I didn't realize I had.
  • edited December 2012
    I really wish they would port this to PC so I could actually play it.
  • edited December 2012
    Front and back fence for my backyard + 3 gates.

Cost me $1,600.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2012
    A shit-ton of games from GOG.com. The only one from Telltale I could really bring myself to buy (AGAIN) was Wallace & Gromit - the others were just too pricey to win me over (also I have the DVDs, so...).
    I was tempted by Wallace & Gromit too. But, I passed on it and instead I ended up buying way too much at the GOG.com Holiday sale. I got the Daedalic bundle, the indie adventures bundle, and the Quest for Sierra bundle.

(I must be a little crazy because I've also got a ton of adventures in my GOG.com cart that are only $2.99 during the sale, and I'm really contemplating buying those too).

I also bought Escape from Monkey Island (the big box LucasArts archive version) on eBay because I lost both of mine (I used to own the original PC release and the PlayStation 2 version). I had to get it again because I enjoy testing the ScummVM/ResidualVM engines when they're in their early stages up to when they're ready for prime time. :)
  • edited December 2012
    boxartlg.jpg

It's half-off today only, and I had some Microsoft points sitting around that I didn't realize I had.

Great game. Just keep your eyes out for quick brown foxes, though, they're the key to unlocking the much harder second half that you'll pretty much never get to unless you already know what to look for.

Anyway, besides some Steam sale stuff(NS2, yay), my most recent purchase was this:

1274090161_rock-sugar-reimaginator.jpg

Which I then won a signed copy of a few days later thanks to an online radio show called Radio Dead Air playing my request, which the band itself really liked. So, I returned this one and the the signed one is on its way.

(Also, the lead singer is the voice actor behind Wakko Warner, Jess Harnell.)
  • edited December 2012
    (Also, the lead singer is the voice actor behind Wakko Warner, Jess Harnell.)

It's actually very obvious when you listen to it. Got it back when it came out.
  • edited December 2012
    Great game. Just keep your eyes out for quick brown foxes, though, they're the key to unlocking the much harder second half that you'll pretty much never get to unless you already know what to look for.

That's the only thing I don't like in that game because those foxes aren't international. :(
  • edited December 2012
    Nights - Into Dreams HD

£4.20 at greenmangaming using this code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

(You wouldn't believe how long I have waited for a Non-saturn copy of this game! (I mean yeah, I DO have a Sega Saturn, but have you seen how expensive this game is!? Its not that rare but its still damn pricey))
  • edited December 2012
    SantasVillageMadness_poster.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    Both Ys games from Steam for about £6.

You wouldn't believe how long I've been waiting for those to go on sale! :D
  • edited December 2012
    Wario Land II
  • edited December 2012
    Wario Land II

Excellent choice moin frund! :D

Many an hour I wasted on that game till I lost it in a Charter eatery! :(
    (Then I bought it again on 3ds and was merry once more! :D)

Don't forget Wario Land III either! That game is great too!
    (Though why they went to hearts with 4 is beyond me. It's like they had this amazing concept of not being able to die and to transform, and then run out of ideas for it. To be fair though it means as a designer you would have to think very hard on ways to provide challenges that work around the fact you can't die.)
  • edited December 2012
    Excellent choice moin frund! :D

Many an hour I wasted on that game till I lost it in a Charter eatery! :(
    (Then I bought it again on 3ds and was merry once more! :D)

Oh yes. The hours I put into it on my old Game Boy.
  • edited December 2012
    bkudw.jpg

$1.24

Neat little abstract puzzle game. I'm enjoying it. Bought it as a "gift", stored it in my inventory, then redeemed it for my own use to cheat the "Holiday Spirit" achievement. Puzzle mechanics are well thought-out and so far are scaling really well, so it's actually quite good.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.