The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    then redeemed it for my own use to cheat the "Holiday Spirit" achievement.

Scrooge!
  • edited December 2012
    SOMEONE isn't taking part in Secret Santa...

Last bought some gift tags, since that's the one thing I forgot. Like I ALWAYS do.
  • edited December 2012
    i picked up a plantronics M155 bluetooth! Im not overly impressed, but it works well and its crystal clear
  • edited December 2012
    Ys Origin. I'm debating getting the other one, I'm enjoying Origin a lot.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm tempted as well, but it's on my wishlist and I don't know if my Secret Santa's gonna get it for me or not...

Ooo, the risk! This is the bit that I hate about Secret Santa!
  • edited December 2012
    I'm tempted as well, but it's on my wishlist and I don't know if my Secret Santa's gonna get it for me or not...

Ooo, the risk! This is the bit that I hate about Secret Santa!

Why not buy it as a gift and add it to your inventory? Then if you do get it you can trade it with someone for something else or use it as a birthday gift or a last minute christmas present. I did that during the summer sale.
  • edited December 2012

Genius.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2012
    boxartlg.jpg

It's half-off today only, and I had some Microsoft points sitting around that I didn't realize I had.
    You intrigued me, since I hadn't heard of Fez before. So I picked this and Sonic Adventure 2 up during the platformers day of the 14 days of Christmas on XBLA. :)

I also picked up The Simpsons arcade game on XBLA when it was on sale too. I loved that game so much when I was little. :) I must have put at least $20 worth of quarters in to get to the end at the arcade. Now for $5, I can beat it whenever I want. Modern technology is great. :D
  • edited December 2012
    $%28KGrHqR,!loE8EW+5STkBPMsv8iGr!~~60_12.JPG

review_futurama9_1.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    $%28KGrHqR,!loE8EW+5STkBPMsv8iGr!~~60_12.JPG

[Even more awesome image.]

I... I didn't even know such a thing existed. That's amazing!
  • edited December 2012
    Plan9Riff.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    Three Movies from Rifftrax:

Reefer Madness Live
    House on Haunted Hill Live
    Plan Nine From Outer Space Live.

Also, bought the movie "8 Mile" off of iTunes. Eminem is like the best rapper I've ever heard.
  • edited December 2012
    Something from Steam. Probably the Tomb Raider collection.

<Insert rant about not being able to gift extraneous copies of games in bundles here>
  • edited December 2012
    I bought TR 1-6 on their own and saved 5 cents. :p

And 3 CDs for myself on christmas from Amanda palmers online store.

41%2B%2Bcxu1VpL._SS500_.jpg
    (Amanda Palmer - Theatre Is Evil)

2522179161-1.jpg

1671735065-1.jpg
    (Amanda Palmer Performs The Popular Hits Of Radiohead On Her Magical Ukulele )
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I bought Hydro Thunder Hurricane for XBLA when it was in stores. The original Hydro Thunder was a favorite of mine in arcades, and Hydro Thunder on the PlayStation got me through the grief of my dad's death (much to the anger of the family on my dad's side, who thought it wrong that I play games while the family is working on getting things ready for the wake (my dad's family is 100% Irish Catholic and very religious), so a traditional Irish Catholic wake means a lot to them). They don't seem to understand that everyone grieves in their own way.

Unpleasantness aside, I do like the Hydro Thunder series, and the new one is really fun too (and you can't go wrong with it being only $5 when it was on sale). :D
  • edited December 2012
    Image.ashx?imageID=Wry_g7JWmUWtvVjzTak0tg&Type=Full

Best. Film. Critic. Ever.

His reviews and books always reflect a true passion for film, whilst also being an absolutely hilarious riot of fully justified anger aimed at modern Hollywood.

His latest book has a wonderful rant chapter on Mark's current arch-nemesis; 3D movies. As usual, he's spot-on.
  • edited December 2012
    Finally jumped on the Bandwagon and bought the Walking Dead off of Steam, along with the "Arkham" series.
  • edited December 2012
    Finally jumped on the Bandwagon and bought the Walking Dead off of Steam, along with the "Arkham" series.

The Arkham series is great!
  • edited December 2012
    Picked up a Visa gift card for someone.
  • edited December 2012
    The Book of Unwritten Tales (Digital Deluxe Edition). Finally found it cheap enough to justify.
  • edited December 2012
    Write a review of it when you've played it. I've always wanted to know how it is.
  • edited December 2012
    Oh, I never said I'd play it. :p

(I've got another adventure game to finish first, and it's not a pleasant one...)
  • edited December 2012
    Oh, I never said I'd play it. :p

(I've got another adventure game to finish first, and it's not a pleasant one...)

Back to the Future?
  • edited December 2012
    415A3SW6IAL._AA280_.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    Well, I'm celebrating my birthday tonight, so 7 crates of "Hertog Jan" beers, 2 bottles of Smirnoff vodka, a bottle of Bowmore Single Malt, 6 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of Bombay Sapphire gin, a bottle of Jägermeister, 12 bottles of soda, 5 grams of White Widow...

and some snacks.
  • edited December 2012
    Back to the Future?
    ... I want to say worse, but I don't know if it is or not.

It's certainly got a worse story... And worse graphics... and a worse protagonist...
  • edited December 2012
    ... I want to say worse, but I don't know if it is or not.

It's certainly got a worse story... And worse graphics... and a worse protagonist...

Drascula, Malcolm's Revenge, Runaway 2? There's probably hundreds of games that are worse than BttF by those criteria, excluding gameplay, but those came to mind. Depending on your definition of worse graphics.
  • edited December 2012
    By graphics, we're talking people made of cardboard boxes.

Also, it's for a review, so it's really gotta be bad.

And that's all the clues you get!
  • edited December 2012
    By graphics, we're talking people made of cardboard boxes.

Also, it's for a review, so it's really gotta be bad.

And that's all the clues you get!

If you're gonna say something bad about The Dream Machine...
  • edited December 2012

Yeah, I was thinking that, Lume or the Neverhood, but I can't imagine he'd dislike them so much.

If it's graphics that makes the characters look like cardboard boxes it could be Simon the Sorcerer 3. Or my latest Steam purchase, but I don't think it's that bad even if I haven't played it yet.
  • edited December 2012
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass (PC) £9.99

Getgamesgo

I'm actually very shocked steam didn't put the pass on sale. (At least I didn't see it on offer)

But DLC for borderlands was worth every penny, and I suspect this game will have some good DLC too! :D

EDIT: Also for £5 a Wii Component Cable (3rd Party one)

A little expensive for what it is, but I moved the Wii to a smaller 22" LG TV/Monitor, and while some games like Skies of Arcadia and Rhythm Heaven Fever look nice, Xenoblade looks like ass.
    (I mean, not all of us can afford £1000+ super PCs that can run Gamecube/Wii games in 1080p! (Damn best friend and his super PC that runs basically everything on MAX. I am sooooo jealous! :())
  • edited December 2012
    I can confirm it is NOT The Dream Machine.

Last bought Just Cause 2. Yes, finally. Even though I can't play it because my PC uses WinXP. I am an idiot with far too much disposable income.
  • edited December 2012
    I can confirm it is NOT The Dream Machine.

Wasn't there like that IndieGoGo-funded one that was also a musical or something? That one?
  • edited December 2012
    Dark Souls Prepare To Die.
    I'm not missing this game a second time waiting for my secret santa to move, eventually.
  • edited December 2012
    Wasn't there like that IndieGoGo-funded one that was also a musical or something? That one?
    I dunno. But whatever, it's not that either.
  • edited December 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Dark Souls Prepare To Die.
    I'm not missing this game a second time waiting for my secret santa to move, eventually.

You haven't gotten anything yet? That sucks.

Celery
    Milk, 3 litres
    Frozen trout filets
    Dry soup mix
    Sausages
    Carrots
    Yoghurt
    Ice cream
    3 x Skruf snus
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Dominique Pamplemousse in "It's All Over Once the Fat Lady Sings!" is a unique musical (with singing!) detective adventure game using stop motion animation by Deidra Kiai, who worked on Ron Gilbert's Deathspank and was formerly an intern at Telltale Games.

There's a demo of the game here. :)
  • edited December 2012
    jGjlt4Tf7OvMA.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    _-Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-3DS-_.jpg
  • edited January 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    _-Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-3DS-_.jpg

Fair warning, the final boss is a bitch.
  • edited January 2013
    All self respecting video games should have that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.