The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Yeah, I was basically saying that the important thing is that he's gone, so why tempt fate by questioning it?

Now, I would try to re-rail this thread, but I'm too tapped out from Nan Desu Kan to purchase much of anything.
  • edited September 2011
    You know what none of you can purchase...MY LOVE!
  • edited September 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    You know what none of you can purchase...MY LOVE!

Really? Even if we all looked like this?

Doctor_Who_Simm_Master-thumb-260x215-6943.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    Really? Even if we all looked like this?

Doctor_Who_Simm_Master-thumb-260x215-6943.jpg

If you all looked like that you wouldnt need to buy me anything.
  • edited September 2011
    Hey, I'm re-railing this thread! Go me!

I last bought...

cornflakes200.jpg

...no, really. I bought a box of Corn Flakes. It was £1!
  • edited September 2011
    31o-ZY9wzqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51X1RF59QBL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

An auxiliary cable for my car and an SAT book. Nothing too exciting.
  • edited September 2011
    An MP3 player (bought new) for my wife from Amazon:

(I bought a 16GB microsd instead of 32GB because it was less than half the price, and my wife will have more than enough space given that she won't need all my video game soundtracks.)

yS5wW.png
  • edited September 2011
    Alien vs. Predator (2010) on Steam.
  • edited September 2011
    parris-44-magnum-toy-pistol.jpg

It's for cosplay.
  • edited September 2011
    Mgs2sol.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    The explosive missions pack for Deus Ex:Human Revolution. I just wanted the extra mission, not the preorder bonuses that were just readded to get more monez from me.
  • edited September 2011
    Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg

Bought it on Ebay. I've bought it there once before, but it never arrived. I considered buying it when it came out, but after having borrowed it from a friend and tried it, I lost interest in it. Not that I gave it much of a chance, since I just didn't like it because of the graphics. Pretty stupid in hindsight. I don't even have much problem with Escape from Monkey Island now, after the initial 10 minutes of eye soreness. Other than the clunky interface that is.
  • edited September 2011
    flesk wrote: »
    Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg

Bought it on Ebay. I've bought it there once before, but it never arrived. I considered buying it when it came out, but after having borrowed it from a friend and tried it, I lost interest in it. Not that I gave it much of a chance, since I just didn't like it because of the graphics. Pretty stupid in hindsight. I don't even have much problem with Escape from Monkey Island now, after the initial 10 minutes of eye soreness. Other than the clunky interface that is.

You've just reminded me that I really need to go download the Residual patch thingee so I can play this on my super fast computer. Oh, how I long to hear the cutscenes without constant stuttering!
  • edited September 2011
    You've just reminded me that I really need to go download the Residual patch thingee so I can play this on my super fast computer. Oh, how I long to hear the cutscenes without constant stuttering!

Can you even play through the whole game with residual right now.
  • edited September 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Can you even play through the whole game with residual right now.

I think so. Though, I did get the Grim Fandango to play on XP with some super secret mojo that is so secret that even I don't remember how I did it. So it can be done. The only issue was the cutscenes which seemed determined to have severe audio stuttering (S-s-s-s-sor-r-r-r-ry f-f-f-for the w-w-wait, M-m-m-mr. F-f-f-lores). There was a fix for that on one of the many GF fansites but I never got around to applying it because I'm very lazy and felt like waiting for the Residual people to finish so that I could benefit from their hard work instead.
  • edited September 2011

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software/grim-fandango-setup
    A replacement installer (setup program) for Grim Fandango. The installer that comes with the game can be problematic with newer versions of Windows and refuses to work at all on 64 bit Windows.

This installer works on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows and has been tested on Windows XP and Vista. It should work fine with all Windows versions though.

It performs a full install of the game, meaning that the cd’s are not needed to play and comes with my Grim Fandango Launcher – which adds extra features beyond those in the game’s original launcher.
  • edited September 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »

That's what I'm planning on using. Residual is tempting, as I'd love to play it in Ubuntu instead of having to use Windows, but I'll probably probably wait until the project is closer to completed in Residual.
  • edited September 2011
    Damn, I need to pick up a copy of Grim Fandango so I can give my friend's copy back. Protip: Never lend your games out to an online friend who lives one state over. But I think there's a possibility that she commandeered her aunt's copy, so it might have worked out.

Of course, if we were still talking more than once every few months, I probably would've mailed it back to her ages ago...
  • edited September 2011
    Just installed a Steam skin:

CXMFW.png

Obtained from yon Steam forum post, called "PixelVision."
  • edited September 2011
    looks great. Also: you need more friends with The Whispered World.
  • edited September 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Just installed a Steam skin:

Steam re-added skins? MOTHER OF GOD
  • edited September 2011
    51iMQRUN5sL._SS400_.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    51iMQRUN5sL._SS400_.jpg

"Parental Advisory" ain't gonna cut it here.
  • edited September 2011
    "Parental Advisory" ain't gonna cut it here.
    Why? If I was in charge of kids, I'd certainly let them watch that movie. Definitely better than having them watch something repugnant, like My Little Pony or cable news.
  • edited September 2011
    My Little Pony is a perfectly decent show. Maybe not for college age males, who seem to make up most of it's fanbase, but it clears most of the hurdles that "girl" shows commonly stumble on, like being shallow and degrading.
  • edited September 2011
    Why? If I was in charge of kids, I'd certainly let them watch that movie. Definitely better than having them watch something repugnant, like My Little Pony or cable news.

I think i'd have them watch Sesame Street rather than a movie in which the second musical number is titled 'Uncle Fucker' and features a massive talking clitoris. Call me a prude.

Cable news is probably more damaging in the long run it has to be said.
  • edited September 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    a movie in which the second musical number is titled 'Uncle Fucker'
    Oh, no, it's cool. It's UNCLE Fucker, not MOTHER Fucker. Far less rude, the MPAA says so.
    JedExodus wrote: »
    and features a massive talking clitoris.
    \
    ua1Rq.jpg
    WSwgo.jpg

Eh, same dif. =P
  • edited September 2011
    Oh, no, it's cool. It's UNCLE Fucker, not MOTHER Fucker. Far less rude, the MPAA says so.

No no no. It's Uncle Fucka, not Uncle Fucker.
  • edited September 2011
    No no no. It's Uncle Fucka, not Uncle Fucker.

Shut your fucking face, uncle fucka.
  • edited September 2011
    41UzPePRDxL._AA300_.jpg

For $20, I figured what the hell. It wasn't even my 20 bucks.

519Np5uc%2BsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't even own Neverwinter Nights 2, but for $1, I figured what the hell. It wasn't even my dollar.

Okay, I'm calling bullshit right here. I know you better than to think that you believe in the MPAA. And even if you did, Trey Parker and Matt Stone don't.
  • edited September 2011
    Okay, I'm calling bullshit right here. I know you better than to think that you believe in the MPAA. And even if you did, Trey Parker and Matt Stone don't.
    The whole POINT of Uncle Fucka was that they couldn't say "Motherfucker"(or at least that many times), but there was no MPAA rule against UNCLE fucking, which they thought was funnier.
  • edited September 2011
    the whole point of uncle fucka was that they couldn't say "motherfucker"(or at least that many times), but there was no mpaa rule against uncle fucking, which they thought was funnier.

Hooray for loopholes!
  • edited September 2011
    The whole POINT of Uncle Fucka was that they couldn't say "Motherfucker"(or at least that many times), but there was no MPAA rule against UNCLE fucking, which they thought was funnier.

Okay, now that I can believe. My point was just that Parker and Stone have been on both sides of the MPAA before, getting away with an R rating for South Park with way dirtier things than when they tried and failed to get an independent project past the MPAA without a studio backing them or a successful TV show. But yes, now that you mention it, I do remember the Uncle Fucker thing.
  • edited September 2011
    The movie is great. The soundtrack is great. Why are we discussing this one song from it when there are great tracks like "Mountain Town", "Up There" and "La Resistece" in there. And of course "Blame Canada".
  • edited September 2011
    Because they were discussing whether or not it would be appropriate to show the film to children, and this is where it went.
  • edited September 2011
    367466223.jpg

+ The soundtrack. Both on Steam.
  • edited September 2011
    Zelda-box-europe_hr.jpg
    For £49.99, but I used a £20 gift voucher against that, so I'll only pay £29.99 or under.
  • edited September 2011

More importantly, it's funnier :)
    datpinkorbthing.jpg

HAH!
  • edited September 2011
    Friar wrote: »
    Zelda-box-europe_hr.jpg
    For £49.99, but I used a £20 gift voucher against that, so I'll only pay £29.99 or under.

Meanwhile Ill be lucky if I even preorder.

Also, just got Bastion on steam, cant wait to try it out.
  • edited October 2011
    It's the first new game in far too long that I've felt the need to pick up. Plus, I think I owe it to my spotty teenage self who became far too excited every E3 after TP in the hope for info on the game. Oddly enough, the gamer in me died around the time it was eventually announced. But I'm still mildly excited for it.

Plus the limited edition is actually limited. It goes out of print next year to be repaced with a version with different cover art and no wiimote/cd. I figure selling the CD off will go towards the cost of the game. And the money's coming out of my "Doctor who series six boxset" fund, as the special edition for that doesn't look that awesome, so I feel no need to rush out and buy it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.