The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2012

Bender says while clearly drinking flask-wine.

On another note, 30$ worth of crafting supplies to make a plush Hello Kitty.

Before you ask, it's a gift for a small child and not for me. I've got a to scale homemade Wheatley sitting on my bed. I don't need Hello Kitty.
  • edited March 2012
    Bed sheets... Spent waaay more than I thought I'd ever spend on sheets, but thwy are made of t-shirt material and will be so comfy!
  • edited March 2012
    PSP slim and light £50 from GAME (used obviously and without a box. Just the PSP and a REALLY short official charge cable... :/)

CEX

Had a little PSP game spending spree. I got:

1gb Memory Card (need one to tide me over while I wait for my microSD adapter)
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Killzone: Liberation
    Ys: The arc of Napishtim
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (the expanded version of Freedom 2)

All for £32

So for £82 I got a PSP Slim and Light, with 5 good PSP games, and a 1gb memory card.

Not. Bad. :D
  • edited March 2012
    I see your purchases and raise you my own.

All from GAME, which is having a 'Spring Cleaning' sale due to their recent money woes. If you live near one, GO.

Brutal Legend - £1.99
    Dragon Quest IX - £9.99
    Fallout 3 - £1.99
    FEAR - £2.99
    FEAR Files - £1.99
    FEAR 2: Project Origin - £2.99
    James Cameron's Avatar - The Game - £2.98
    Kinect Adventures - 49p
    Prey - 99p

Grand total: £26.40.
  • edited March 2012
    PSN

Megaman Maverick Hunter X

£7.99

One of my favourite games of all time had a pretty damn good remake on the PSP.

I saw it on there, (I had to connect to PSN to download Final Fantasy I and II), and I absolutely HAD to have it! :D

(also the PSP downloads on PSN are suprisingly cheap! :O Yeah, sure some games are ridiculously priced, but man, some of them are soooo tempting!)

EDIT: Ordered an adaptor of amazon earlier. £2.50
    Hopefully its a genuine one!
  • edited March 2012
    I see your purchases and raise you my own.

All from GAME, which is having a 'Spring Cleaning' sale due to their recent money woes. If you live near one, GO.

Brutal Legend - £1.99
    Dragon Quest IX - £9.99
    Fallout 3 - £1.99
    FEAR - £2.99
    FEAR Files - £1.99
    FEAR 2: Project Origin - £2.99
    James Cameron's Avatar - The Game - £2.98
    Kinect Adventures - 49p
    Prey - 99p

Grand total: £26.40.

Mind picking up Another Code R for your bestest buddy in the whole US?
  • edited March 2012
    Bought Bioshock from Steam. Lots of fun so far!
  • edited March 2012
    header.jpg?t=1326210827
  • edited March 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Mind picking up Another Code R for your bestest buddy in the whole US?
    I'll have a look. No promises.

(You do have a modded Wii, right? 'cause you won't be able to play it otherwise)

Also:
    header_292x136.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Wormwood and St Johns Wort seed. Let's hope these suckers work.

also valerian

bitches don't know about my future home apothocary
  • edited March 2012
    I'll have a look. No promises.

(You do have a modded Wii, right? 'cause you won't be able to play it otherwise)

Also:
    header_292x136.jpg

Yeah, I do. Running it isn't a problem it's finding a copy cheap.
  • edited March 2012
    Also:
    header_292x136.jpg
    Amazingly well-done mechanically, painfully obnoxious "story" content.
  • edited March 2012
    lots of Mass Effect 2 DLC:
    Equalizer Pack
    Firepower Pack
    Genesis
    Kasumi - Stolen Memory
    Shadow Broker
    Arrival
    Overlord Pack
  • edited March 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    lots of Mass Effect 2 DLC:
    Equalizer Pack
    Firepower Pack
    Genesis
    Kasumi - Stolen Memory
    Shadow Broker
    Arrival
    Overlord Pack
    what, no Zaeed?
  • edited March 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    what, no Zaeed?

He was free with my Cerebrus Network key. When I first got the game this Christmas. I already completed his quest.
  • edited March 2012
    ah.

Well, I like Kasumi better. She's got ninja skills.
  • edited March 2012
    ted12 - Sorry, nowhere had Another Code R. :(

I did pick up some other stuff though:

Alpha Protocol - £1.98
    Heavenly Sword - 99p
    Killzone 2 - £2.98
    The Last Remnant - £2.98

...also managed to resist buying one or two others, but if they're still there Friday, they are SO mine.

I forgot that the company the owns GAME also owns Gamestation, so they've got tons of bargains too. Again, if you live near one, go visit and check out the preowned stuff. Sooooo many good deals.
  • edited March 2012
    ted12 - Sorry, nowhere had Another Code R. :(

I did pick up some other stuff though:

Alpha Protocol - £1.98
    Heavenly Sword - 99p
    Killzone 2 - £2.98
    The Last Remnant - £2.98

...also managed to resist buying one or two others, but if they're still there Friday, they are SO mine.

I forgot that the company the owns GAME also owns Gamestation, so they've got tons of bargains too. Again, if you live near one, go visit and check out the preowned stuff. Sooooo many good deals.

Thanks for looking, at any rate!
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks for looking, at any rate!
    Not a problem.

If you really want it, might I suggest eBay? A quick look revealed a couple of 'buy it now' copies for around £10. Only real issue is shipping, but a quick note to the seller would probably cover that.
  • edited March 2012
    Really? I'm not finding any copies that cheap on there. I'm not sure if it's because none of them are available for international purchase or what. With what's showing up for that game on my end, when I get around to trying to get my hands on it, I'll probably be looking to trade a ~$20 game on Steam to anyone in the UK who'll buy it on Amazon.co.uk and send it to me.
  • edited March 2012
    2192581.jpg.size-300_maxheight-300_square-true.jpg
    £4.99
  • edited March 2012
    Really? I'm not finding any copies that cheap on there. I'm not sure if it's because none of them are available for international purchase or what. With what's showing up for that game on my end, when I get around to trying to get my hands on it, I'll probably be looking to trade a ~$20 game on Steam to anyone in the UK who'll buy it on Amazon.co.uk and send it to me.
    One very quick search reveals two under £9 (not including P&P). I am using .co.uk though, so that might be the problem.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah. A lot of sellers don't like to deal with shipping internationally, so their listings won't show up on eBay.com. Similarly, Another Code: R doesn't show up on Amazon.com for me, and Amazon.co.uk says it can't ship it to my US address.
  • edited March 2012
    Again - have you tried contacting some of these eBay dealers? A quick message asking if they'd be willing to ship to the US usually results in an affirmative, if you're willing to pay P&P. Visit the .co.uk page and have a look, the very first search result there was under a tenner.

Alternatively, if that doesn't pan out and you guys really want it, I can get it and then post it to you. If that's how you want to go, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Also, back on topic - I caved and pre-ordered the St Patrick's Day Bundle. I am weak.
  • edited March 2012
    Would a haircut count as an "item?" Because I just bought that last night.
  • edited March 2012
    MOTHER-F**KING SALES AT GAMESTATION.

They'll bankrupt me before the week is through, I swear.

Latest purchases:

Enchanted Arms - $4.98
    Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light - £7.98
    Venetica - £7.98

...and easily the best purchase I've made (or will make) as a result of the company behind these stores having major money management misgivings:

51a6IAR%2Bu8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    (yes, the original game, Awakening and all the DLC)...

£4.98.
  • edited March 2012
    "Chinese" food. It's an important distinction that must be made, as American Chinese food has very little in common with Chinese Chinese food.
  • edited March 2012
    "Chinese" food. It's an important distinction that must be made, as American Chinese food has very little in common with Chinese Chinese food.
    Excuse me, but real Chinese food comes form New York. I don't know what we'd call the call food in China, but it sure isn't Chinese food. ;)

Wikipedia deals with the distinction by calling it American Chinese cuisine.
  • edited March 2012
    I like a "chinese" takeaway as much as I like a "kebab", (which is very much! :D).

But seriously, what Chinese people ACTUALLY eat could put you off food for life! :X

(I mean seriously, can it legally be even classified as food?)
  • edited March 2012
    51a6IAR%2Bu8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    (yes, the original game, Awakening and all the DLC)...

I so want a Steam-Sale on that game.
  • edited March 2012
    3296287053_802d17b2c9_z.jpg

yum
  • edited March 2012
    Excuse me, but real Chinese food comes form New York. I don't know what we'd call the call food in China, but it sure isn't Chinese food. ;)

Wikipedia deals with the distinction by calling it American Chinese cuisine.

Right. I kind of forgot that all culture originates in the Great Gilded Nova Yorke and all we outsiders get are debased profligate versions of it.

In all seriousness, though, that's a really good way of dealing with the distinction. I shall adopt it.

I like a "chinese" takeaway as much as I like a "kebab", (which is very much! :D).

But seriously, what Chinese people ACTUALLY eat could put you off food for life! :X

(I mean seriously, can it legally be even classified as food?)

*shrugs* I dunno. My fiancee's Chinese, so I'm trying to learn to like more Chinese food. Seeing as how I'm the whitest white guy to ever white a white whitey, I'll need all the luck in the world.
  • edited March 2012
    Orcs Must Die! and All Zombies Must Die!

...I'm in a killing mood.
  • edited March 2012

*shrugs* I dunno. My fiancee's Chinese, so I'm trying to learn to like more Chinese food. Seeing as how I'm the whitest white guy to ever white a white whitey, I'll need all the luck in the world.

PROTIP: If she's cooking, go for the wontons (Assuming you know what's in 'em.)
  • edited March 2012

Pork or chicken, typically. Omnomnom :P
  • edited March 2012
    I feel compelled to make a joke about being wary about your food when the family dog suddenly goes missing. ;)
  • edited March 2012

Doesn't matter. I've had her wontons and she could put anything in it and it still tastes fantastic.

I'm pretty jealous of Chris, actually and will be trying to convince them to move to where ever I go to grad school so that I can eat all their food.
  • edited March 2012
    Doesn't matter. I've had her wontons and she could put anything in it and it still tastes fantastic.

I'm pretty jealous of Chris, actually and will be trying to convince them to move to where ever I go to grad school so that I can eat all their food.

Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!
  • edited March 2012
    Wait, you two know each other IRL? Huh, that's news to me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.