The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Skyrim Collector's Edition. My giftcard finally showed from IGN and my local store was having a sale. The dragon statue is sitting on top of my shelf right now looking remarkably badass.

I got a statue of a Brotherhood of Steel soldier with my copy of 'Fallout 3', that was pretty badass. You may notice that I said "was" there, as in the past-tense. That's because I accidentally knocked it off my shelf and his arm snapped off! In fact you could say that he's no longer a badass soldier and that he's really quite 'armless. Ho ho.

Anyway, be careful of that dragon's wings!
  • edited March 2012
    Davies wrote: »
    I got a statue of a Brotherhood of Steel soldier with my copy of 'Fallout 3', that was pretty badass. You may notice that I said "was" there, as in the past-tense. That's because I accidentally knocked it off my shelf and his arm snapped off! In fact you could say that he's no longer a badass soldier and that he's really quite 'armless. Ho ho.

Anyway, be careful of that dragon's wings!

Awwright, thanks for the tip.
  • edited March 2012
    Limited Time Offer: We would like to thank each and every on of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST we are rewarding early members of the Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

So how do you earn the “Founder” title? This reward is only available to players who have completed either one of the following transactions within 90 days of the game’s launch (by March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET): Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription or Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email. The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-click on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character. This title is permanently bound to your account and will carry over to any character you make in the future. (NOTE: It may take up to 7 days for the “Founder” title to be applied).
    oh cool i'll get to flaunt my superiority through seniority to people five years from now when the game is free-to-play woo
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    A trek through the Peruvian Andes to Machu Picchu.

JuPkf.jpg

SO excited for July!
  • edited March 2012
    Chemical resistant gloves and safety goggles. Had me a fun time with some adhesive remover today. A++, will do again tomorrow.
  • edited March 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »

JuPkf.jpg

SO excited for July!

If this is your first trip to Peru then let me say, you shall be amazed.
  • edited March 2012

JuPkf.jpg

SO excited for July!

You lucky, lucky lady.
  • edited March 2012
    Dog food and human shampoo... You can tell I'm growing up since those take priority over personal entertainment now.
  • edited March 2012
    Zeek wrote: »
    Dog food and human shampoo... You can tell I'm growing up since those take priority over personal entertainment now.

Wait, we're supposed to become sensible as we get older? Why did no-one tell me?!
  • edited March 2012

JuPkf.jpg

SO excited for July!

Why have I never thought of doing that?
    *adds to list of stuff to do in the next ten years*
    edited March 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    If this is your first trip to Peru then let me say, you shall be amazed.
    You lucky, lucky lady.
    Friar wrote: »
    Why have I never thought of doing that?
    *adds to list of stuff to do in the next ten years*

This is something I've been wanting to do for literally over half my life, so it's absolutely a dream come true. I'm going with a dear friend I haven't seen for almost 2 years, and knowing I'll share the experience with her makes it even better. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Wait, we're supposed to become sensible as we get older? Why did no-one tell me?!
    Because it is a lie.

Last bought Frisps and Tango Power Dips. Rock on!

Also, I'm trying to buy Mario Kart Wii, but I'm amazed at how expensive it is 4 years after it came out. I refuse to pay more than a tenner ($15-ish) for it.
  • edited March 2012
    Painkiller: Recurring Evil. For somebody else.
  • edited March 2012
    Saints Row 2. For somebody else.
  • edited March 2012
    Saints Row 2. For somebody else.

Who was it? Oh right. Me. Thanks again. I wouldn't have played the German version of it.
  • edited March 2012
    Any time.

...seriously, it seems like I'm doing this all the time for you. Stop living in a sucky countries that cuts down your games! :p

Also bought Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress. Flying pirates are an easy sell for me. Flying Ninjas would be even more awesome, but I guess they're overpowered enough. :)
  • edited March 2012
    This is something I've been wanting to do for literally over half my life, so it's absolutely a dream come true. I'm going with a dear friend I haven't seen for almost 2 years, and knowing I'll share the experience with her makes it even better. :)

I envy you. It's been too long since I returned to the soils of Machu Picchu.
  • edited March 2012
    5KEkY.jpg

not as cool as machu pikachu but i digress
  • edited March 2012
    bronze_fittings_st029.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    not as cool as machu pikachu but i digress

I like your style.
  • edited March 2012
    Chemical resistant gloves and safety goggles. Had me a fun time with some adhesive remover today. A++, will do again tomorrow.

Turns out that the gloves only protect the parts of you that they cover. Seeing as that adhesive remover splashed just a bit, I learned that the hard way. Chemical burns suck.
  • edited March 2012
    Turns out that the gloves only protect the parts of you that they cover. Seeing as that adhesive remover splashed just a bit, I learned that the hard way. Chemical burns suck.

Live and learn.
  • edited March 2012
    which hurts more: grease burns or chem burns?

you decide, america
  • edited March 2012
    Guess it depends on if you find burning sensations or stinging sensations more irritating.

Thankfully, my skin only feels completely raw in the two tiny spots on my left arm where I got hit, behind my elbow and on the back of my forearm.
  • edited March 2012
    A glass of jack and coke.
  • edited March 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    which hurts more: grease burns or chem burns?

you decide, america

So, seeming as I'm a British citizen, I don't get to decide?!
    edited March 2012
    bronze_fittings_st029.jpg

Hehe... Davies bought a 3-way :D
  • edited March 2012
    1401308155.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1120550713_.jpg
    This book was £1.50 from a charity shop (with the bonus DVD still included). Bargain!

211trigger_happy_s2_scan_hires.jpg
    I also found this DVD for £2.50 in the same shop. I love a bit of 'Trigger Happy TV'.

Well, I was pretty certain that the only opportunity I'd ever receive to ever get a 3-way was by paying for it.
  • edited March 2012

Now that sent me into fits of giggles... Sorry, I really am a mature adult... :D
  • edited March 2012
    boxartor.jpg

PLUS

Final_Fantasy_Anthologies.jpg

For the Grand Total of...

article-1363887-0286959A00000578-749_233x259.jpg

That's four Final Fantasy games (I, II, IV and V) for under 25p each. Top that, bitches.
  • edited March 2012

Final_Fantasy_Anthologies.jpg

That's four Final Fantasy games (I, II, IV and V) for under 25p each. Top that, bitches.

Marsden, you little bitch! :p

Back in the day, I paid £50 for an American import of 'Final Fantasy Anthology'. The worst part is, I never actually bothered to play it.
  • edited March 2012
    Didn't the American version have Final Fantasies V and VI? Or am I getting that wrong?
  • edited March 2012
    Didn't the American version have Final Fantasies V and VI? Or am I getting that wrong?

You might well be correct. Unfortunately I've not been at home for a couple of weeks now and as such have I no way of checking my copy. The thing is, I'm positive that it had the same artwork as the cover you posted.

EDIT: You're correct. Wikipedia says this; "North American release includes PlayStation ports of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI with a special edition soundtrack CD".
  • edited March 2012
    Aw, I got two crappy games but you got the best one of them all PLUS the soundtrack that I downloaded years ago and have buried on a DVD somewhere. Man, I totally got gyped.
  • edited March 2012
    Aw, I got two crappy games but you got the best one of them all PLUS the soundtrack that I downloaded years ago and have buried on a DVD somewhere. Man, I totally got gyped.

Uh, you paid 50p for your games, I paid £50. I would hope that I'd get the better game and a bonus soundtrack. I don't think that "gypped" is the right word, Sir.
  • edited March 2012
    A bunch of Spirou & Fantasio comic albums. I'm expecting them to arrive in the middle of this week.
  • edited March 2012
    One of the Layton games, and an imported copy of Last Window (which was totally worth the 4-year wait IMO)
  • edited March 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    One of the Layton games, and an imported copy of Last Window (which was totally worth the 4-year wait IMO)

I AM JELLY.

The last thing I bought was coffee, the lifeblood of grad students.
  • edited March 2012
    gotham city imposters, sims 3 showtime, bastion, Gotham city imposters basic costume pack and harlett mascot
  • edited March 2012
    809325_100704193037_Flip_welding_helmet.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.