The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    There's actually a network of people at this point who have met each other on this forum and know each other on first name basis. I still have to meet some of you duders in real life. I'm considering popping in at pax for a day, so you better be there, guru.

xdZyV.jpg

one dollar at target aw yeh
  • edited March 2012
    Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!

The closest I'm likely to get to Atlanta in terms of grad school is Massachusetts. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Giant Tope wrote: »
    There's actually a network of people at this point who have met each other on this forum and know each other on first name basis. I still have to meet some of you duders in real life. I'm considering popping in at pax for a day, so you better be there, guru.

Depending on a large number of factors (namely, where I go to grad school) it is in fact possible that I may attend PAX this year. Of course, this also involves me getting tickets and also a flight, but the main difference is that this year I won't also have school at the same time.

And if I can't get PAX, then I'm going to Comic Con. And if I can't get that... AX. It's like PAX but without the P. Or the games. Or really anything that isn't anime.

...Don't hurt me.
  • edited March 2012
    I've heard ax has gone way down hill from my super con going friends. I don't know though. But yeah, you don't have to even like anime anymore to go to anime conventions :p They've just sorta become gatherings for nerds.
  • edited March 2012
    Lab coat to remake my Aperture Science cosplay

attachment.php?attachmentid=2911&stc=1&d=1331701102

Because I accidentally set the back of it on fire. Lesson in ironing right there.

Incidentally, if anybody here is a women's medium and wants a half-burned Aperture lab coat, send me a PM. The front is completely untouched, so it would make a cool wall hanging in a geeky secret lab/library.
  • edited March 2012
    I've never actually been to a convention before, but I really want to!

There have been a few in London I've come close to actually signing up to, but something always seems to get in my way doing so.
    (Mostly work, since they have weekend events, which ironically is the only days that I work. Saturdays and Sundays)

Besides, even if I could go to one I probably wouldn't.
    The lack of people to go with is mostly the problem... :/
  • edited March 2012
    I've heard ax has gone way down hill from my super con going friends. I don't know though. But yeah, you don't have to even like anime anymore to go to anime conventions :p They've just sorta become gatherings for nerds.

It has. I didn't even go last year, actually. I don't know what it is, but it used to be great fun, with tons of people in costume... running away from the gangs of yaoi fangirls who try to get cosplayers of their favorite pairings make out...

And I only got one lollipop when I dressed up as L. I only did it for the candy and I only got the one. And it was from another L!

Disappointing.
  • edited March 2012
    And I only got one lollipop when I dressed up as L. I only did it for the candy and I only got the one. And it was from another L!
    So basically you're still bitter about growing too old to go trick-or-treating, and have been working to cheat the system ever since?
  • edited March 2012
    By the way, this is the damage to the back of the coat. The front is unscathed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2912&stc=1&d=1331702998

attachment.php?attachmentid=2913&stc=1&d=1331703008

Also if anyone wants the materials to make any lab coat an ApSci one, PM me. Parents own a print shop and I can make patches like these for a lab coat.
  • edited March 2012
    So basically you're still bitter about growing too old to go trick-or-treating, and have been working to cheat the system ever since?

Doc will find a way for us! Right doc?
  • edited March 2012
    Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!

Visit me and I will make you the best real Japanese food you've ever had. Places like Benihana's that call themselves habachi restaurants?

Habachi means SPACE HEATER. Those kind of places in Japan are teppanyaki. If you're going to call it by a Japanese name in lieu of Americanizing it, might as well use the right one.

Also, I make the best freaking okonomiyaki.
  • edited March 2012
    Visit me and I will make you the best real Japanese food you've ever had. Places like Benihana's that call themselves habachi restaurants?

Habachi means SPACE HEATER. Those kind of places in Japan are teppanyaki. If you're going to call it by a Japanese name in lieu of Americanizing it, might as well use the right one.

Also, I make the best freaking okonomiyaki.

I actually really want to try this now.
    The closest I'm likely to get to Atlanta in terms of grad school is Massachusetts. Sorry, that's just how it is.

HAHAHAHAHA. That's funny. We'll be expecting you down here, then.

Depending on a large number of factors (namely, where I go to grad school) it is in fact possible that I may attend PAX this year. Of course, this also involves me getting tickets and also a flight, but the main difference is that this year I won't also have school at the same time.

And if I can't get PAX, then I'm going to Comic Con. And if I can't get that... AX. It's like PAX but without the P. Or the games. Or really anything that isn't anime.

...Don't hurt me.
    COME TO DRAGONCON Seriously, there will be me AND the Weishan AND the Josh AND the Elisabeth! Also, I think the Fawful and the IcedHope are trying to come this year. FUCKYESSSSSSSSSSSS~
  • edited March 2012
    and the briana but you know whatever
  • edited March 2012
    Bought the walking dead compendium...and really enjoying it so far.
  • edited March 2012
    and the briana but you know whatever

You're definitely coming? I shall, then, make even more effort not to hole up in the hotel room made of sex and booze for the whole time and MAYBE we'll all even have a sit down meal.

...at Hooters.
  • edited March 2012

I will NEVER be too old for trick-or-treating! But I am too young to go by myself, and all of my friends are too old to go.

It's sad.

Also, trick-or-treating in the dorms is an... interesting experience.
  • edited March 2012
    Six cans of Full Throttle. I need it for my new job, if yesterday was any indication of how busy working at a theme park is.
  • edited March 2012
    I will NEVER be too old for trick-or-treating! But I am too young to go by myself, and all of my friends are too old to go.

It's sad.

Also, trick-or-treating in the dorms is an... interesting experience.

DRAGONCON.

Go to it.

ted12 wrote: »
    Wait, you two know each other IRL? Huh, that's news to me.

There's a whole group of us who talk outside the forums. Hell, Rather Dashing, Giant Tope, ComradeMortis, and I have all met in real life and several others have outside of my presence. I like to consider us the Telltaluminati. Because we're better than you. -evil laughter-
  • edited March 2012
    Not going to hide the fact that I like Megamind (not that you didn't know anyway).

But I recently acquired the Megamind mega comic collection and the Megamind Novel.

I also bought Megamind: Ultimate Showdown for the PS3 and Megamind: Mega Team Unite for the Wii. My mum eventually gave me money for those as they are my early birthday present.
  • edited March 2012
    Not going to hide the fact that I like Megamind (not that you didn't know anyway).

But I recently acquired the Megamind mega comic collection and the Megamind Novel.

I also bought Megamind: Ultimate Showdown for the PS3 and Megamind: Mega Team Unite for the Wii. My mum eventually gave me money for those as they are my early birthday present.

MERCHANDISING! MERCHANDISING!
  • edited March 2012

203.jpg

No, really!? Like, for sleerious!?
  • edited March 2012
    You're definitely coming? I shall, then, make even more effort not to hole up in the hotel room made of sex and booze for the whole time and MAYBE we'll all even have a sit down meal.

...at Hooters.

Yep everything is funded I just have to get on the plane and get there when the time comes. I was actually hoping to have an opportunity to sit down at a nice independently run restaurant that's recognized highly in the area. The only problem is that a lot of these, as I'm coming to find, are either really far from the city center or is super expensive. It's kinda disappointing. I was sort of peaking at Holeman & Finch but I don't think we'd be able to do it.
  • edited March 2012
    Yep everything is funded I just have to get on the plane and get there when the time comes. I was actually hoping to have an opportunity to sit down at a nice independently run restaurant that's recognized highly in the area. The only problem is that a lot of these, as I'm coming to find, are either really far from the city center or is super expensive. It's kinda disappointing. I was sort of peaking at Holeman & Finch but I don't think we'd be able to do it.

We should ask Elisabeth. She knows ALL of the restaurants.
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012

What, no menu?
  • edited March 2012
    Bus? But money~ Also, inconvenient for wheelchairs, aren't they?
  • edited March 2012

In the UK we have busses that can lower or open up their platform so that people with wheelchairs can get on fairly easy. :D
  • edited March 2012

Your busses in Georgia don't have the wheelchair lift? I thought that was required by US law.
  • edited March 2012
    Your busses in Georgia don't have the wheelchair lift? I thought that was required by US law.

Yeah, but they take forever and the bus driver has to get out to operate it and everything. It's all somewhat embarrassing and somewhat ostracizing. Hence, MARTA's buses are dead to me and the service is exclusively a rail line insofar as I'm concerned.
  • edited March 2012
    Can't you buy a Professor X chair?

hoverchair.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Can't you buy a Professor X chair?

hoverchair.jpg

I'm not certain that is a good idea, considering Comrade Pant's History.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm not certain that is a good idea, considering Comrade Pant's History.

Please. Just because I'm a gun crazed, alcohol fueled madman, that doesn't mean I can't handle a flying deathchair.
  • edited March 2012
    Please. Just because I'm a gun crazed, alcohol fueled madman, that doesn't mean I can't handle a flying deathchair.

No. The fact you probably COULD handle a flying death chair is what worries me! :eek:
  • edited March 2012
    No. The fact you probably COULD handle a flying death chair is what worries me! :eek:

I flew a helicopter once. Can't be that different.
  • edited March 2012
    I flew a helicopter once. Can't be that different.

Pants Commando: Psychic Deathchair Mayhem
  • edited March 2012
    Pants Commando: Psychic Deathchair Mayhem

MAKE IT A VIDEO GAME BOX.

I have a Kickstarter project to start.
  • edited March 2012
    MAKE IT A VIDEO GAME BOX.

I have a Kickstarter project to start.

Template
  • edited March 2012
    the menu items, except for one item (which is an entire fish), is all four dollars and less

i dont get how money is an issue

also there is no shame in being in a wheelchair getting on the bus. that's how most people around here in wheelchairs get around and no one really has a problem with it.

what i am saying is that the options around the con are either not really good or costs 200 dollars a cover. im trying to find good options to compromise.

there's this: http://empirestatesouth.com/ which is near the marta track but if 3 dollar orders are too much i dont think this ll work for you :p

HELL IF YOU NEED TO I CAN COVER FOR YOU

haha
  • edited March 2012
    the menu items, except for one item (which is an entire fish), is all four dollars and less

i dont get how money is an issue

also there is no shame in being in a wheelchair getting on the bus. that's how most people around here in wheelchairs get around and no one really has a problem with it.

what i am saying is that the options around the con are either not really good or costs 200 dollars a cover. im trying to find good options to compromise.

there's this: http://empirestatesouth.com/ which is near the marta track but if 3 dollar orders are too much i dont think this ll work for you :p

HELL IF YOU NEED TO I CAN COVER FOR YOU

haha

Fair enough. I was referring to bus fare which is an expendable cost that I'd like to avoid.

Also, that bus arrangement is fine for them, maybe, but I've never been comfortable with it.
  • edited March 2012
    Fair enough. I was referring to bus fare which is an expendable cost that I'd like to avoid.
    I buy bus fare in bulk across two cards anyway. If the $5 two-way cost is the issue I'll loan you my second MARTA card. =P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.