The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    We showed that in our anime club and the prevailing opinion was that the original version was done better.

Agreed. The orange palette they went for in 2.0 was an ugly eyesore.
  • edited February 2012
    Of note? This.

318Vh86wnwL._AA300_.jpg

WACOM Intuos4 tablet.
  • edited February 2012
    You bought lots of white space? With the sheer amount of white space shown against a tablet for reference?
  • edited February 2012
    I had to buy it before the government bought it up.
  • edited February 2012
    I bought...fried rice, the best of all rices. Someday I will divine the recipe for this amazing concoction and make it myself. And before anyone sends me links to recipe websites, I will say that this is a personal journey to rice nirvana. It isn't a path to a door, but a road vanishing into a horizon of fried rice.
  • edited February 2012
    I bought...fried rice, the best of all rices. Someday I will divine the recipe for this amazing concoction and make it myself. And before anyone sends me links to recipe websites, I will say that this is a personal journey to rice nirvana. It isn't a path to a door, but a road vanishing into a horizon of fried rice.
    Obviously what you need to do is reverse-engineer the fried rice. You have access to a lab, don't you?
  • edited February 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Of note? This.

318Vh86wnwL._AA300_.jpg

WACOM Intuos4 tablet.

My wife bought me one of those for Valentines day... she is a good wife... and she knows me well...

Now.... what to do with my old Intuos3?
    I'm thinking I will start training my kids on it.. on their laptop.
  • edited February 2012
    Obviously what you need to do is reverse-engineer the fried rice. You have access to a lab, don't you?

I do, but there's slightly too many e.coli in it to be fooling around with food. Right now, I'm thinking about infiltrating the kitchens at the restaurant I order it at. It's a risky proposition, because if they catch me, they'll throw me out and ban me from coming back ever again.

Hmmm....thought is required.
  • edited February 2012
    I do, but there's slightly too many e.coli in it to be fooling around with food. Right now, I'm thinking about infiltrating the kitchens at the restaurant I order it at. It's a risky proposition, because if they catch me, they'll throw me out and ban me from coming back ever again.

Hmmm....thought is required.
    Hire an agent? Build a robot probe? Fill the building with knockout gas before sneaking in?
  • edited February 2012
    Hire an agent? Build a robot probe? Fill the building with knockout gas before sneaking in?

I'm thinking something more within my area of expertise, namely making a clone of myself and sending it in to acquire the recipe. Needless to say, this will take year and years of tireless hard work, but I think the result will be worth it.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm thinking something more within my area of expertise, namely making a clone of myself and sending it in to acquire the recipe. Needless to say, this will take year and years of tireless hard work, but I think the result will be worth it.

Um.

So they kick the clone out, and ban the clone from ever eating there.

You spend years upon years crafting a clone of yourself so that an exact physical duplicate of you gets banned from the restaurant for life rather than yourself.

I hope you see the problem here.
  • edited February 2012

Um.

So they kick the clone out, and ban the clone from ever eating there.

You spend years upon years crafting a clone of yourself so that an exact physical duplicate of you gets banned from the restaurant for life rather than yourself.

I hope you see the problem here.

Nope. See, the clone will be far younger than me, so I'll get off the hook.
  • edited February 2012
    Nope. See, the clone will be far younger than me, so I'll get off the hook.
    What if they think you're related to her and hold a grudge against her whole family?
  • edited February 2012
    What if they think you're related to her and hold a grudge against her whole family?

I doubt it. She can wear a false mustache and nobody will ever know.
  • edited February 2012
    I doubt it. She can wear a false mustache and nobody will ever know.
    ...Granted, I don't know much about how you looked as a kid, but I don't see you as being the sort that could pull off a mustache without someone suspecting that it might not be the real deal.
  • edited February 2012
    ...Granted, I don't know much about how you looked as a kid, but I don't see you as being the sort that could pull off a mustache without someone suspecting that it might not be the real deal.

Honestly, I looked very similar to how I look now. Or at least, I feel that way. I've got this picture of me in my preschool class photo. All the other girls are wearing cute dresses and have bows in their hair. I, am wearing a T-shirt and jeans shorts with the sort of messy pony-tail that I insisted on doing myself so I kinda missed half of the hair.
  • edited February 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    My wife bought me one of those for Valentines day... she is a good wife... and she knows me well...

Now.... what to do with my old Intuos3?
    I'm thinking I will start training my kids on it.. on their laptop.

I bought it for my background painter.
  • edited February 2012

Never make fried rice from new rice. Use day old rice or older.

Trust me.

TRUST ME.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2012
    God I hope my Intuos3 will work another decade. Those things are so damn expensive...
  • edited February 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »

Trust me.

TRUST ME.

I know my roommate always just makes it in the morning and then refrigerates it all day before frying.
  • edited February 2012
    Warioland on the eShop.
    (£3.60)

Interestingly enough, this and Warioworld are the only Wario games I haven't played.
    (I've tried out Shake Dimension, completed 2,3 and 4, and the DS game was boring)
  • edited February 2012
    Alan Wake on Greenmangaming.
  • edited February 2012
    2 Dark chocolate and coco powder. (Baked a Chocoloate cake)
  • edited February 2012
    pfi_6538316f522e891b59250135651dbf8c.png

Epic Rap Battles of Historrrrrryyyyyy!
  • edited February 2012
    pfi_6538316f522e891b59250135651dbf8c.png

Epic Rap Battles of Historrrrrryyyyyy!

There's a CD of that? Where can I buy it?
  • edited February 2012
    zRefj.jpg

Giant Tope wrote: »

Trust me.

TRUST ME.

There is, indeed, a trick to this. Comrade Mortis learned as much the hard way. Personally, I can only really cook meat for some reason. Steamed rice is hard for me. I blame my Y chromosome... or my general laziness and incompetence. One of the two. Perhaps both.
  • edited February 2012
    There is, indeed, a trick to this. Comrade Mortis learned as much the hard way. Personally, I can only really cook meat for some reason. Steamed rice is hard for me. I blame my Y chromosome... or my general laziness and incompetence. One of the two. Perhaps both.

You're supposed to use a rice cooker, silly.
  • edited February 2012
    You're supposed to use a rice cooker, silly.

I wondered why it kept falling through the grill....
  • edited February 2012
    Grill? Please. I'm an American. I use a deep fat fryer, thank you very much.
  • edited February 2012
    Grill? Please. I'm an American. I use a deep fat fryer, thank you very much.

I wish I had a deep fryer. I've heard it's the best way to accidentally burn down your house in a fifty foot column of flame.
  • edited February 2012
    Doin' it right.
  • edited February 2012
    Last things I bought were easter eggs... yum.
  • edited February 2012
    I wish I had a deep fryer. I've heard it's the best way to accidentally burn down your house in a fifty foot column of flame.

Pah I say! Culinary thrillseekers such as myself use an uncovered chip pan. A pile of fat boiling away with no thermostatic control or safety measures? Yes please!
  • edited February 2012
    Milk.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Good choice. Don't go for anything below 3.5% fat!!
  • edited February 2012
    38018.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    I love that film so much!
  • edited February 2012
    Friar wrote: »

Forgot to say its the CD :p. I already have the 3D blu ray though.
  • edited February 2012
    Friar wrote: »

It's Hamlet with Lions and Elton John. What's not to love?
  • edited February 2012
    It's MacBeth with Lions and Elton john. What's not to love?

I thought it was Hamlet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.