The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Well I hope you feel batter about yourself.

I got a poster for my door that reads, and I quote:
    DANGER KEEP OUT
    GAMER AT WORK

I just liked it (and it seems appropriate, what with me editing half the time, so that actually IS work)
  • edited February 2012
    A shuttle ride from the airport. Still trying to decide if the thirty dollars I saved was worth the forty minutes I spent in a shuttle cruising around the airport trying to find more passengers.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2012
    Valentines gifts and a gas mask. I feel the need to mention that the two are in no way related.
    Wait, the gas mask isn't the valentine's gift? Because, I mean, that sounds like the sort of thing you'd do.

So no one remembers the Ig Nobel prize-winning gas mask bra?
  • edited February 2012
    Wait, the gas mask isn't the valentine's gift? Because, I mean, that sounds like the sort of thing you'd do.

It might sound like the sort of thing I'd do. Indeed, it may well be the sort of thing I'd do. I don't know, I'm only me. The fact is, however, that I didn't get a gas mask as a Valentine's gift. The gift is surprisingly tame.
    I was about to ask how he knew that was just what I wanted.

NO GAS MASK FOR YOU.
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    So no one remembers the Ig Nobel prize-winning gas mask bra?

That only sounds like a stupid idea because it's a stupid idea.
  • edited February 2012
    That only sounds like a stupid idea because it's a stupid idea.

Unless someone has a bra sniffing fetish... They would probably think it's great.
  • edited February 2012
    51o89gbpohL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well, not like that. It came without a cover so it was only £3.99 (bargain), which is why I bought it. So technically I bought it on Tuesday, but the (really nice) girl behind the checkout forgot to put the actual disc in the replacement box, so I had to go back today to get it. It takes an hour and a half to get from where I live to the store I bought the game at. EACH WAY. It's a good thing there's a store that sells Root Beer and Lucky Charms there, or I'd have been majorly unhappy.
  • edited February 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Unless someone has a bra sniffing fetish... They would probably think it's great.

Well, if you're talking about practicality then it's awful. Other than that? Um... do they, like, sell these things?
  • edited February 2012
    51o89gbpohL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well, not like that. It came without a cover so it was only £3.99 (bargain), which is why I bought it. So technically I bought it on Tuesday, but the (really nice) girl behind the checkout forgot to put the actual disc in the replacement box, so I had to go back today to get it. It takes an hour and a half to get from where I live to the store I bought the game at. EACH WAY. It's a good thing there's a store that sells Root Beer and Lucky Charms there, or I'd have been majorly unhappy.
    Wouldn't it have been more cost effective if you re-bought it somewhere closer considering the cost of gas in addition to the Lucky Charms and Root Beer.
  • edited February 2012
    gamer247 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it have been more cost effective if you re-bought it somewhere closer considering the cost of gas in addition to the Lucky Charms and Root Beer.
    Whoops, thought I mentioned that I went by Bus. My bad. Still a three-hour round journey, but since I already had a weekly bus pass, at least I didn't have to pay for the privilege of comfy seats without seatbelts.

Last thing I bought was the second Game Music Bundle, since I'm still greatly enjoying the first one.
  • edited February 2012
    NO GAS MASK FOR YOU.

Well if that's how you feel about it I will tear gas your house and then I'll--oh, you're good. Very very good.
  • edited February 2012
    Well if that's how you feel about it I will tear gas your house and then I'll--oh, you're good. Very very good.

ALWAYS BET ON PANTS

a
  • edited February 2012
    I'm going to buy something can I post something I will purchase but havnt yet?
  • edited February 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I'm going to buy something can I post something I will purchase but havnt yet?

"The Last Item You Purchased?"
  • edited February 2012
    "The Last Item You Purchased?"

dawson-crying.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    Midget Gems. Yummy.
  • edited February 2012
    Memento Mori and The Next Big Thing - 10 bucks each. And some chocolate rice cakes...
  • edited February 2012
    I backed Recoil Winders on Kickstarter for $30.
  • edited February 2012
    Tickets for the Zelda Symphony in Denver.
  • edited February 2012
    I want to go to one of the Zelda Symphony events, but I don't want to have to pay to travel to it.
  • edited February 2012
    Picture-42.png

dw_revisitations_3_300.jpg

ghost.jpg

ktse317jvngckv3jkj09sre2w.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    Some childrens books off ebay.

That may seem a little unusual, but let me give you some context.

We are trying to reteach my little brother to read. (He's got autism remember)
    We kind of figure that he understands some words and phrases, but can't seem to put a story to context, (or communicate it to someone. Say he watches a film. You ask him about it and he can only say a few things about it, and gets confused about some questions, as if he doesn't know HOW to answer them).

Not only that, but he seems to guess how to pronounce some words as well.
    You have to say the word back to him with the right pronounciation, and then he attempts to say it correctly, (he mostly gets it in one go. But some words you need to break into syllables then bring it together for him to get right).

He's certainly getting better, but its still very, very difficult for him.
    (I mean he's not an idiot thats for certain. I was reading a book with him earlier from the library. Very simple, like Level 2 stuff. And he was suggesting stuff to me (like when the fox got splashed with the scolding hot water he was going "aaaaaaah!" as well as "ouch" as it said in the book, so he's using his imagination a bit, and when he was explaining it to my mum and dad, he started sneaking to get across the idea that the sly fox was hiding from the red hen).

So he's going back to basics essentially. Starting from simple books with pictures to help put context to the words, and working his way up.
    (He's kind of frustrated with it. But its probably the only way he's going to improve his verbal and written communication)

Now I had an idea. To make him more willing to read, I reckon, it might be good to get books based on stuff he likes.
    (so I'm thinking, Disney, Hamtaro, Care Bears ect.)

So thats what I bought. 2 Hamtaro books, used from ebay.
    £5.73.
    Quite a bit, but he ADORES Hamtaro at the moment.
    (Watches the series every day on the PC. He must spend ages looking for those episodes to download and watch/stream too, since the show has been off air for years. DVDs are stupidly tough to get as well. Especially since the show is in bits (the Japanese series for instance, continued for a good while after the American one. And he's got the Japanese movies on there too) (amongst other episodes of various languages 0_0))

As I said, he's very clever and resourceful, (just aweful at communicating, since something is "missing" when it comes to that processing, that can only be bypassed by other areas of intelligence to a limited degree).

I may get the old man to get the disney books we had as kids out of the loft as well.
    (We had a collection of Disney books. In a cardboard "chest" case)

EDIT: Maybe look for some comics too when he's gotten a bit better. After all, they have a pretty good mix of text and pictures to put context to.
    (I'm thinking stuff he likes. Maybe some early Marvel might be good (X-men, Spiderman, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and The Incredible Hulk), or see if I can get some old Beano/Dandy compilations (I had one of those up in the loft). We need to get him to provide context and explain stuff)
  • edited February 2012
    Steam: Dear Esther & Dinner Date
  • edited February 2012
    Would you let us know what Dinner Date's like?

As for me:

15764303_500x500_1.jpg 21506381_500x500_1.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    King of Fighters XIII Deluxe Edition
    (Version that comes with art CD and moves poster)

£20

Its a used copy off ebay.
    I'd buy it new, but damn! Is it hard to find a copy of it new.
    (Every times its on sale its out of stock by the time I get there! :/)

I've had enough, I bought the cheapest buy-it-now.
    I just want to play it.
  • edited February 2012
    Twisted Metal, and Sweet Tooths RC Ice cream truck...well they were gifts.
  • edited February 2012
    Metal gear solid hd collection.
  • edited February 2012
    Picture-42.png

His trigger discipline isn't very good. You only put your finger in the trigger guard loop if you want to fire at whatever the barrel is facing. I bet he doesn't even have the safety on. He must be playing Mr. Bean there.
  • edited February 2012
    I bet he doesn't even have the safety on. He must be playing Mr. Bean there.

Pretty much except he's more vocal and sexy.
  • edited February 2012
    sexy

Rowan-Atkinson.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    His trigger discipline isn't very good. You only put your finger in the trigger guard loop if you want to fire at whatever the barrel is facing. I bet he doesn't even have the safety on. He must be playing Mr. Bean there.

The barrel's smoking pants, he's just fired it.

FOR GODS' SAKE GET WITH THE PROGRAM MAN!
  • edited February 2012
    JedExodus wrote: »
    The barrel's smoking pants, he's just fired it.

FOR GODS' SAKE GET WITH THE PROGRAM MAN!

ಠ_ರೃ

Still supposed to take your finger out when you're posing.
  • edited February 2012
    Wait, gun safety manuals include dramatic pose instructions?
  • edited February 2012
    dragoncon badges yay
  • edited February 2012
    Wait, gun safety manuals include dramatic pose instructions?

Its the most important part of gun ownership!
  • edited February 2012
    ghost.jpg

We showed that in our anime club and the prevailing opinion was that the original version was done better.
  • edited February 2012
    Well, stuff all of you. I found a helicopter for VeronicanPlay to buy.

pMwCll.jpg

Also, DragonCon badges: always a good decision.
  • edited February 2012
    We showed that in our anime club and the prevailing opinion was that the original version was done better.

It has the original on it as a bonus that's why I bought it:p
  • edited February 2012
    ಠ_ರೃ

Still supposed to take your finger out when you're posing.

Maybe he just looks that cool whilst firing the gun... and not looking where he's aiming.
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks to a neat little trick with IGN Prime, I can get 15% off anything on Gamersgate, (20%, if you include the 5% blue coins too! :D).

So with that "pet", I bought these:

Pinapple Smash Crew
    Wanderlust: Rebirth
    Fate of the World Upgrade to Tipping Point

All for £12.68
    Not bad indeed.
  • edited February 2012
    Picture-37-238x300.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.