The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    The Walking Dead and Almost Everything Pack.
  • edited April 2012
    TrialsEvolutionBox.jpg

(though technically my last actual purchase was 1,000 Microsoft points, but as they were for the game that's what I'm counting)
  • edited April 2012
    No, I mean that Dashing bugged the crap out of me to fund it, but I had neither the money nor the interest.

You monster! :D Even I backed that one (thanks to the PayPal Option).
  • edited April 2012
    TrialsEvolutionBox.jpg

I love me some 'Trials'. So much fun!
  • edited April 2012
    Nope.
  • edited April 2012
    Sword & Sworcery.
  • edited April 2012
    Nope.
  • edited April 2012
    Nope.
  • edited April 2012
    Another 8Gb Mini-SD card to replace one that I rather stupidly scratched, causing it to no longer work.

Also, I've seen Saints Row: The Third for just over a tenner and I'm debating whether to get it or not. Thoughts?

EDIT: Left it too late - it's gone. Oh well.
  • edited April 2012
    Please do not discuss piracy in this thread, or anywhere else on the forum. Don't hint at it. Don't allude to it. Don't bring it up. Ever. These are the official forums of a video game developer. Apply some common sense to the situation.

I appreciate it. Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    qZSmp.png

I did buy these legally and at the first possible opportunity after which I had heard about their availability.

I just think there's a double-standard between physical and digital purchases.
  • edited April 2012
    ^ You should have got the English version.
  • edited April 2012
    Please do not discuss piracy in this thread, or anywhere else on the forum. Don't hint at it. Don't allude to it. Don't bring it up. Ever. These are the official forums of a video game developer. Apply some common sense to the situation.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

Cartoon_Eye.jpgCartoon_Eye.jpgcaptain%20rank%20insignia.gif

Some completely irrevelant images for you. (Because your special! :D)

In other news: I have been considering purchasing Da New Guys' latest game, but its reviews have not been great.

Has anyone played it by now. If so, do you recommend purchase?

(Otherwise, anyone got any new-ish adventure games they would recommend. I already have Gemini Rue, Machinarium and have Botanica pre-ordered. Remember it has to be in English though (because I cannot speak any other language (apart from maybe the language of love, and a bit of Snaarg)))
  • edited April 2012
    [Aye, aye, Captain.]

Took me several seconds to decode that.
  • edited April 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Took me several seconds to decode that.

I'm only going to say this once, but I admit that secret codes are not my forte.

Buying random crap however, is!

So let the buying of miscellenia re-commence! :D
  • edited April 2012
    enif6.png

Bought yesterday.

My wife and I have taken to listening to certain audiobooks lately, and this one completes our collection of the Belgariad and Malloreon series.

I used to be annoyed that Audible doesn't sell mp3's, but the Audible Manager and my mp3 player keep track of exactly where we last left off, which is more than useful enough to make up for it.
  • edited April 2012
    I want the Daniel Bryan YES YES YES shirt but its about £20 that seems dear for a shirt.
  • edited April 2012
    Cartoon_Eye.jpgCartoon_Eye.jpgcaptain%20rank%20insignia.gif

Have to admit my first thought was "Portal 2"....
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Today I learned that I know nothing about military insignias.

"Eye, eye... networked servers??"
  • edited April 2012
    I thought it was a Roman Numeral II.

Which could almost make sense. Aye Aye, Too!
  • edited April 2012
    I was in JROTC in high school, so I remember certain enlisted and officer rank insignia.

So yes, when I saw that, I immediately knew the last part meant "captain" but I didn't know right away what the first two were supposed to be.
  • edited April 2012
    Final Fantasy 4: Complete Collection (PSP)
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)

£15.50

I have all the Final Fantasy games for the PSP now. 1-9 barring 3.
    (But I have the remake of 3 on the DS)
  • edited April 2012
    The Witcher 2 for 13,99€
    Now I just need a VPN because Steam hates German users today. WTF.
    Ah great. My russian key gets me the Steam & The GOG version. *evilgrin*
  • edited April 2012
    Shhhh... don't tell anyone but I bought Persona 2+3 for £40 of PSN...
  • edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    The Witcher 2 for 13,99€
    Now I just need a VPN because Steam hates German users today. WTF.
    Ah great. My russian key gets me the Steam & The GOG version. *evilgrin*
    How the hell'd you get it so cheap?
  • edited April 2012
    How the hell'd you get it so cheap?

it's a russian key from a keystore. The english version of the store has the game for 16.99€, the German version of the store sells the same key for 13.99€.
    And, as I said, the key can be registered on Steam and GOG.
  • edited April 2012
    FYI, that English version is £10.49, which is why I went and bought it. £10. For The Witcher 2.

Woo!
  • edited April 2012
    It is now. It wasn't when I bought the game some hours ago.
    The only downside: It will take forever to download the game with my internet-connection.
  • edited April 2012
    wtf? I bought The Witcher 2 from them, and they sent me an e-mail asking for a scanned image of the front and back of my photo ID.

...color me very suspicious.

qPGv6.png
  • edited April 2012
    I have no idea why they did that. Didn't happen to me.
    They did want email confirmation at one point from me though because my paypal-email was different from my email I used to create an account there.
    Did you enter some bogus information for your profile? // different to your Paypal-account?
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, there's something not entirely right about these guys. I got an e-mail asking:
    Firstly , have you ever used proxy server to make an order in our store ? If not, I need you to tell me some details about your last logging ( IP address).
    Secondly, which city are you currently in ?
    As this is a standard procedure in our shop it would be really helpful if you answer these two questions above.
    ...yeah, you're not getting that from me. Now if I could just get my Steam key, that'd be great, thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    My god. How on earth did I manage to purchase items in their store. (3 over several years).
    I hope you have your keys by now.
  • edited April 2012
    I do not. I was seriously considering sending them photos of my ID (with certain areas blacked out) but as no one else is being asked for it, I feel really nervous about this and decided to instead send an email expressing my annoyance.

I also put a link to this thread to prove my point that no one else was being asked for what they wanted from me.
    Color me rather suspicious. I don't feel that this procedure should be necessary, nor do I think it safe considering the prevalence of identity theft. I am not a bot. I am not a scammer. I just want my Steam key, please. -.-

I am also aware that you have not been asking other customers for this information: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=597214&postcount=3311

Why are you asking for it from me??

I am not amused at being asked for this, and find it to be very intrusive on my privacy, highly suspicious and annoying.
  • edited April 2012
    Let's hope you get an answer soon or your moiney back.
    If it doesn't work out send me 12.99€ via paypal and I'll buy you the game from Fast2Play.de (same company)
  • edited April 2012
    Will do.

ooh. Also, from a google search, I found where one can input the Witcher 2 Serial # on GOG.com: http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/
  • edited April 2012
    Dear customer

The reason why we held your order for investigation is because our security system detected some suspicious activity carried out on this customer's account. Actually, our security system works in a lot of ways to detect suspicious payment, but unfortunately because of security reasons I can't give you any details.
    Please kindly understand that sometimes there is a risk and fraud involved in online transactions, and we need to use this security system to protect our users.
    I have to ask you to send us scan of your id card as we requested, once we verify it your case will be resolved.
    We are very sorry for any inconvenience.
    Okay, so they're not backing down on this, but they're being somewhat polite about it...

umm... I'm unsure whether I should concede. I do know that my wife would not.

Also, my account is new, created today. Used Paypal to pay for the game.
  • edited April 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    umm... I'm unsure whether I should concede. EDIT AGAIN: I do know that my wife would not.

I wouldn't either.
    They would not get my ID. No Way.
  • edited April 2012
    It's your ID card. I wouldn't.

I've been trying to contact them using their 'LiveChat' for around 15 minutes now. Fed up with this.

EDIT: Huzzah! After 20 minutes, someone's talking to me. Very, very slowly.

EDIT2: Gah! 8 minutes of LiveChat and he tells me to just e-mail them, which I've already done! Gah!
  • edited April 2012
    popcorn.gif
  • edited April 2012
    Huzzah! After 20 minutes, someone's talking to me. Very, very slowly.
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    popcorn.gif

:D

email sent from my end:
    I'm not comfortable with sending that. I'm really not. If I do send it, I know that I will later question myself for having done so.

I don't know what reason you have for thinking me a scammer. If I was a scammer, I wouldn't be going to all this trouble. I'm just a US citizen who heard about your sale and was interested in making a purchase.
    EDIT2: Gah! 8 minutes of LiveChat and he tells me to just e-mail them, which I've already done! Gah!
    damn.

EDIT: You know this feels like more trouble than it's worth.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.