The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    ...I'm amazed how little that sentence makes sense.

Last item purchased:

ACR_Collector_Edition_Hero_Temp.jpg

£20. Pretty happy with that!
  • edited April 2012
    Kickstarter pledges.

$51 to Jane, $15 to Al.
  • edited April 2012
    Steam-Pre-Order (a 4-Pack with 3 friends)

5e579ee4_562723_441434589216943_145242705502801_1697165_1349521737_n.jpeg
  • edited April 2012
    Popcorn. At the cinema.

...not only was it five times more expensive than the stuff I can get in a supermarket, it was also nowhere near as tasty. And they wonder why people hate buying the food at these places.
  • edited April 2012
    Popcorn. At the cinema.

...not only was it five times more expensive than the stuff I can get in a supermarket, it was also nowhere near as tasty. And they wonder why people hate buying the food at these places.

The reason why food at a movie theater is more expensive is because the theater itself primarily makes money from concession sales. Ticket sales mostly go to the production companies.

Now, as to the quality of the food, I have no answer.
  • edited April 2012
    Popcorn. At the cinema.

Step 1. Go to Poundland
    Step 2. Buy £1 bag of toffee popcorn
    Step 3. Go to cinema
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. Profit!

(well... that works for me at least. But maybe thats becuase our pound shop is almost right next to the cinema! XD (just have to go down the side of the store, through a car park, and your there at the Odeon! :D))
  • edited April 2012
    Popcorn. At the cinema.

This is why I always get a $3 bag of M&Ms. It's probably the healthiest thing there anyways.
  • edited April 2012
    Step 1. Go to Poundland
    Step 2. Buy £1 bag of toffee popcorn
    Step 3. Go to cinema
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. Profit!
    It'd be kinda hard to get that into the cinema without anyone noticing. I did get two massive 1.25L bottles of Coke in though (combat trousers are excellent hiding places for stuff if you wear a leather coat to cover them)! Also, I'm only really a fan of Salted, and that's somewhat harder to come by than Toffee.
  • edited April 2012
    It'd be kinda hard to get that into the cinema without anyone noticing. I did get two massive bottles of Coke in though (combat trousers are excellent hiding places for stuff if you wear a leather coat to cover them)! Also, I'm only really a fan of Salted, and that's somewhat harder to come by than Toffee.

Wait? Your cinema gives a crap about that?

Ours doesn't! XD

They are just like "these aren't the droids we're looking for. Carry on!".

We take a backpack in all the time full of stuff. They don't care to stop and search.
    (Then again its like £8.50 a ticket! They know people don't buy stuff from them that much. Plus they have a Costa Coffee and kid meals to keep them earning good dosh)

Milton Keynes one used to stop and search, but I think they gave up as well, since I take a lot of stuff to that one as well! XD

EDIT: Protip for anyone in England.

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! Orange Wednesdays.

Buy 1 get 1 free tickets. Thank you very much! :D

EDIT 2:

Also keep a few pairs of 3D glasses in the backpack as well. Always handy to have on you! :D
  • edited April 2012
    It's more a case of "I can't be bothered to bring a backpack, what can I fit in my pockets" than anything else. Being prepared means caring, and that takes effort, and I already got the drinks...
  • edited April 2012
    It's more a case of "I can't be bothered to bring a backpack, what can I fit in my pockets" than anything else. Being prepared means caring, and that takes effort, and I already got the drinks...

Well I guess since I spend 80% of my time outdoors with a bag of some kind, I've become accustomed to having an "inventory" of sorts.

Infact I feel more unconfortable NOT having something on my back or attached to the side.

Taking a little lunch and food from home is always a good start for a day out I find. :D
  • edited April 2012
    51IVHc8ZwIL.jpg
    America-Again.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    51IVHc8ZwIL.jpg
    This sounds interesting. I wanna be a pole too!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    EDIT: Protip for anyone in England.

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! Orange Wednesdays.

Buy 1 get 1 free tickets. Thank you very much! :D

Hehe... Tuesday is the norm in Australia for cheap movie tickets. It's called "Tightarse Tuesday". :p
  • edited April 2012
    I just got 15 or so books... but not all for me. My ones were GK Sins of The Father, 2 Jane Jensen ones, Strategy guides for GK 2 and 3, Serenity and 2 Firefly graphic novels.
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hehe... Tuesday is the norm in Australia for cheap movie tickets. It's called "Tightarse Tuesday". :p

Gotta love it... We once took a whole class of kiddies - ziplock bags of homemade popcorn and all!
  • edited April 2012
    alturkkaan_ennio_morricone_-_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_-_expanded1.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Wayfarer_1859_9146900_1.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    alturkkaan_ennio_morricone_-_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_-_expanded1.jpg

I did not know that was still for sale. That is a very good purchase.
  • edited April 2012
    Enough overpriced baseball beer to float a Nimitz class aircraft carrier.
  • edited April 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    I did not know that was still for sale. That is a very good purchase.

It's on eBay for £5.99.
  • edited April 2012
    Torchlight 2 Pre-Order and a new Gaming Headset
  • edited April 2012
    6nzdwh.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    You bought a wrestler? Neat!

Bread for me. I am officially boring.
  • edited April 2012
    I bought...

Legend of Grimrock!

Let the fun begin!
  • edited April 2012
    Maroon 5 - Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa)

Explicit version. On iTunes. Because fuck it, I love Maroon 5.
  • edited April 2012
    Radeon HD 4450 512MB

£25
    +£2.50 postage

(Ordered it from CEX, so its worth paying the postage. They are lightning quick usually)

Interesting puchase. But why would I buy a old and relatively weak graphics card?

Its for my arcade machine.

Its currently running on a Radeon X1300 (I think?), and its struggling on Dreamcast.
    (Loads of graphical errors, and I'm certain its not due to the emulator (since it works much better on a newer PC))

I'm not sure the PSU power either, so I didn't want a graphics card thats too strong.
    (Its not exactly going to be taxed, but some cards can be power monsters)

Plus my computer is only a Pentium IV 3.2ghz, 1gb DDR2 RAM, so its quite old.
    (Runs on XP though, so the computer is very efficient, though a bit slow with flash, (improved hyperspin performance a bit today by setting quality to low, CPU priority to high, and putting in artifical scanlines (also makes jaggies in flash a little less noticable) and dreamcast emulation)

I just need a card that can handle Dreamcast alright. (I'm not going any higher. Would need to build a new rig entirely! XD)
  • edited April 2012
    Its for my arcade machine.
    pics please?
  • edited April 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    pics please?

Hmmm... you haven't seen my arcade machine yet?
    (I've had it for ages. I don't play it too much since it makes my back/feet ache after a while, but my little brother loves it to bits)

Anyway here's a picture of it:

ZTzlM.jpg

(you can see that the right stick was the original one that came with it. The left one was the replacement ones I bought for cheap of ebay, and are MUCH better, (though not quite good enough for my tastes))

(Can't believe its been over a whole year since I got it! Man! I need to give it some more love! XD)

It needs some work as you can see, the person who built it didn't do a bad job, but there is loads of work that can be done on there to improve it.
    (Plus its has its original marquee. In excellent condition. Since the picture was taken, we added a button on the top of the cabinet that lets you turn the light on/off)

EDIT: Oh and the coinslots do work, though the 10p and 50p slots give the same amount of credit, (haven't figured out how to change that in MAME).

But credit is added via the side buttons on each side.
    (Left side = Player 1 coin, Right side = Player 2 coin)

EDIT 2: Definately don't regret paying around £200 for it, (payed about £50 on top in fuel since it was pretty far away, worth the journey. Oh yeah! :D). Its served me very well.
    After upgrading it to its current config (used to have slighly weaker PC running it, and it ran on MameWah, which is good, but Hyperspin just outclasses it in every way. Plus it had some loose wiring in the sound. Dad fixed it quite easily. Just made sure the cable had no blockages and was properly plugged in).
  • edited April 2012
    Ordered a medium pizza online. Going to pick it up in about 15 minutes.

8xINC.png

EDIT:
    Cjgxf.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Power DVD 12 Ultra + Mediaespresso 6.5

£40

A upgrade package for the free Power DVD 10 I had.

Don't really need to upgrade per se, but it would be nice to have a copy with a CD key incase I need to install it on another computer in the future.
    (So I'm kind of future proofing myself a little)

EDIT: To be fair to it, it does have some pretty interesting features.
    Like being able to use your iphone as a remote control, and Power DVD Mobile for Android devices.
    (Will likely pick an android device up at some point in the future)

So I could see those features being used at some point.
  • edited April 2012
    81lI9SBQYpL._AA500_.jpg

Ordered the UK-Version so I don't need to download the EN-client with their horrible torrent server.
  • edited April 2012
    wZPN8.jpg

I Google-Shopping'ed this game, and I found that any reputable, recognizable (to me) online store sold this game for $40 to $50... It also said prices started at $25 "nearby"!

So I clicked "nearby" and it said a local Sears was selling at $25 with limited stock (and Sears doesn't sell used games). So I went and bought it. The reason why it was so low apparently is because it was on clearance.

I obtained the last copy on the shelf. :)

They were also selling Super Paper Mario on clearance, which I want as well, but I was able to restrain myself and buy only one game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I bought...

Legend of Grimrock!

Let the fun begin!

Oh yes!!

I'm probably a half hour from the ending... but can't get myself to finish. Too scared. ;)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    A 15.6 volt Dirt Devil!

UFkIL.jpg

Yeah, you know you're getting old when the shipping notification for this thing gives you a little thrill of excitement.
  • edited April 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I Google-Shopping'ed this game, and I found that any reputable, recognizable (to me) online store sold this game for $40 to $50... It also said prices started at $25 "nearby"!

So I clicked "nearby" and it said a local Sears was selling at $25 with limited stock (and Sears doesn't sell used games). So I went and bought it. The reason why it was so low apparently is because it was on clearance.

Huh. I tried to do the same thing, with the same result, except that for some reason, every Sears in the results is way down in south Denver.
  • edited April 2012
    Huh. I tried to do the same thing, with the same result, except that for some reason, every Sears in the results is way down in south Denver.
    You could always call a local one and ask.
  • edited April 2012
    spaghetti-western-collection-276548.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    44090pi.jpg kane.jpg

My life is complete ^^ :D
  • edited April 2012
    Hey, y'know how I said I was gonna stop buying games? Yeah, that was a lie.
    115581017.jpg
    600full-playstation-move-heroes-cover.jpg
    _-Singularity-PS3-_.jpg
    The_Saboteur_CoverArt.jpg

...£20 for the lot. At a fiver a game, that's not bad at all. Very happy with The Saboteur, been looking for that on the PS3 at a while now, but it's never really been as cheap as I'd like.
  • edited April 2012
    6b_12442_0_0_MontyPythonsTheMeaningof.jpg

£3.99 from a charity shop. Excellent condition.

Made me feel a little better after a shitty day... :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.