Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Good luck!
  • edited November 2010
    Can treasure crab and Murray be in it?
  • edited November 2010
    Guybrush hasn't met Murray yet.
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Can treasure crab and Murray be in it?

Treasure crab can!
  • edited November 2010
    Google Wave has been dead for a couple of months and they plan to take the site down at the end of the year. I suggest we find somewhere else to collab.
  • edited November 2010
    I believe that a living Murray could appear in the game. He will insist that LeChuck turns him into one of his undead minions, because he is the most evil man on earth and plans to take control over LeChuck's crew. And he also does not mind telling this to LeChuck.
  • edited November 2010
    Murray could be a full skeleton.. water wings and all.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, it's been decided to change the title to Carnival of Monkey Island rather than Riddles. Don't worry SWP, we'll still be using that great music you made.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, it's been decided to change the title to Carnival of Monkey Island rather than Riddles. Don't worry SWP, we'll still be using that great music you made.

Only the filename will change!
  • edited November 2010
    - In the future, I'd like to work on the songs together... maybe we can PM about that, not sure yet

Why, yes good Sir! I'll try no to spoil the songs too much!
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry to keep this post short, a bit busy here, movie stuff:

- I am sorry but I do not have time for wave, not now anyway
    - I like your how your guitar sounds, Edward, so I vote to keep the song like that (what I composed + your addons)
    - In the future, I'd like to work on the songs together... maybe we can PM about that, not sure yet
    - I love the idea of Stan's hands being out of the coffin! Can we please put that in the game? It would be brilliant!

That's it for now. Wish me luck!

It's cool man, no pressure. We're still in the early stages of getting the story together, and I think we've sorted out a good opening sequence as well as the title for Chapter 1. I'll let you know when I need an arrangement of the theme music.
  • edited November 2010
    If I may make a suggestion about the music: Some of it should have a male/female voice just humming wordless lyrics. It could a lot atmosphere for some sinister tracks.

By the way, brilliant music! :D

And how about a musical number? LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?
  • edited November 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?

Deep down Monkey Island in the Caribbean
    way back up in the waters of Tri-Island seas
    There stood a Carnival and treasure of Big Whoop
    Where came a pirate boy named Chuckie B. Goode
    Who never ever learned how to behave so well
    But he could plunder and kill just like ringing a bell

Go go
    Go Chuckie go
    Go...
  • edited November 2010
    Deep down Monkey Island in the Caribbean
    way back up in the waters of Tri-Island seas
    There stood a Carnival and treasure of Big Whoop
    Where came a pirate boy named Chuckie B. Goode
    Who never ever learned how to behave so well
    But he could plunder and kill just like ringing a bell

Go go
    Go Chuckie go
    Go...

Well, personally I was thinking something in the direction of "Playing with the Big Boys" from The Prince of Egypt. Something really sinister and creppy like that would be really cool. But again, it's just an idea.

Also, I think the game should have more emotional involvment, in the direction of Chapters 4 and 5 from TOMI.
  • edited November 2010
    And how about a musical number? LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?

We're trying to get a bone song in there, but not "The Bone Song", something a little different...

Also, Trenchfoot, how do you feel about voicing Ducringe in the game?
  • edited November 2010

Also, Trenchfoot, how do you feel about voicing Ducringe in the game?

I would love it, of course! :D
  • edited November 2010
    I would love it, of course! :D

Well, it's looking pretty positive for you, then :).
    Sorry to keep this post short, a bit busy here, movie stuff:

- I am sorry but I do not have time for wave, not now anyway
    [...]

I hope you can make it onto there sometime. I think I can speak for the whole team when I say that your input would be appreciated. But, if you're busy, then no sweat - your contribution with the music is still more than enough.
  • edited November 2010
    If I cannot be there live, it doesn't mean I won't follow your progress as close as possible. Thank you for the kind words, I just hope I can make the songs on time, when needed.
  • GoTGoT
    edited November 2010
    hows this project coming along guys?
  • edited November 2010
    GoT wrote: »
    hows this project coming along guys?

Quite well, actually. Thanks for your interest! Here's a quick list of what we've got down already (I hope the group doesn't mind me sharing this - it's nothing specific):

- The opening, pre-credits dialogue has been written out and perfected
    - We, of course, have that great piece of music from SilverWolfPet (and Edward VanHelgen)
    - Wusel has made a little, short, playable test demo of the opening dialogue sequence, using some simple animations and graphics/models from a previous MI game (which is for the team's eyes only).
    - The memoirs are, of course, written.
    - We have the [very] basic outline of what will be happening in chapter 1.
    - We also have a title for chapter one.
    - And we have a hand-drawn character model of Guybrush, from MonkeyMania (which is also for the team's eyes only)
    - We have voice actors for Stan, Decringe and Guybrush.

Right, I managed to do all of that without spoilers. And, plus, half of the stuff there has already been seen throughout this thread.
  • edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    - The opening, pre-credits dialogue has been written out and perfected
    Which is awesome!
    Hayden wrote:
    - We, of course, have that great piece of music from SilverWolfPet (and Edward VanHelgen)
    Which is on a constant loop on my computer right now.
    Hayden wrote:
    - Wusel has made a little, short, playable test demo of the opening dialogue sequence, using some simple animations and graphics/models from a previous MI game (which is for the team's eyes only).
    That was awesome for 30 minutes work.
    Hayden wrote:
    - The memoirs are, of course, written.
    And they sound really real.
    Hayden wrote:
    - We have the [very] basic outline of what will be happening in chapter 1.
    Wait, since when?
  • edited November 2010
    Oh noes! Google Wave is down for maintainence!

Well, I'm on it right now, but I keep getting a small message in a yellow bar at the top of the screen telling me I'm offline, and apparently there are 'un-synced waves'.

By the way, tracing back to what MonkeyMania said on the wave, since Google Wave is dead (and apparently going to be taken down soon), should we relocate our planning to a different, yet similar, website?
    Wait, since when?

I put that '[very]' in there for a reason. We don't know the specifics, but we do know that... eh, this could get spoiler-y, I'll explain over on the wave.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I'm on it right now, but I keep getting a small message in a yellow bar at the top of the screen telling me I'm offline, and apparently there are 'un-synced waves'.

By the way, tracing back to what MonkeyMania said on the wave, since Google Wave is dead (and apparently going to be taken down soon), should we relocate our planning to a different, yet similar, website?

I put that '[very]' in there for a reason. We don't know the specifics, but we do know that... eh, this could get spoiler-y, I'll explain over on the wave.

It was offline for a few minutes just a while ago... We should definitely try and get our stuff transferred somewhere new as soon as possible...
  • GoTGoT
    edited November 2010
    well that sounds great... good luck guys! :)
  • edited November 2010
    Will this game include some insult swordfighting? I would love to (try to) contribute to this.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a quick list of what we've got down already...

That's great, it's moving along nice. Maybe you should think of releasing the trailer as well :p, as long as some more of the art is done and at least one song is complete. Maybe just a couple of screenshots stuffed together or some animation with the music playing along it. I did similar when i was screwing around with this video.

Also, you could drop a word over there at AGS site once the game is done, unless you've choosed other engine.
  • edited November 2010
    That's great, it's moving along nice. Maybe you should think of releasing the trailer as well :p, as long as some more of the art is done and at least one song is complete. Maybe just a couple of screenshots stuffed together or some animation with the music playing along it. I did similar when i was screwing around with this video.

Also, you could drop a word over there at AGS site once the game is done, unless you've choosed other engine.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's a great privilege I feel to be working with such talented people on this game. We are working on a trailer, although it will be a short teaser, with a possible 2nd trailer showing gameplay once we've actually got to that stage. And yes, we're using a different engine to AGS.
  • edited November 2010
    If I may say something... Could it be possible to record the dialogue before early January? Because I'm going on a long trip that month and I think I won't be able to communicate via computer. I will be back for February, though.

Just asking :)
  • edited November 2010
    i can't send in a voice clip for my audition until sometime next week, but i can record it this week. Are there Any actual lines I could probably use for Old Guybrush and child Guybrush when I do record?
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    i can't send in a voice clip for my audition until sometime next week, but i can record it this week. Are there Any actual lines I could probably use for Old Guybrush and child Guybrush when I do record?

Hello, I'm Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Retiree!
  • edited November 2010
    hah, I was going to go for something like that. I still have to do "When I grow up I wanna be a Pirate" For Child Guybrush.
  • edited November 2010
    If I may say something... Could it be possible to record the dialogue before early January? Because I'm going on a long trip that month and I think I won't be able to communicate via computer. I will be back for February, though.

Just asking :)

Yeah, the script will probably be written by mid-december, i think...
  • edited November 2010
    SO here's my audition, if all went well.

Just so you know, I think you will need Audacity to open this. It's free.

http://rapidshare.com/files/433974232/GuybrushAudition.aup
  • edited November 2010
    You probably should've exported it in one of the other formats. The whole Audacity project file is a bit much just for an audition.
  • edited November 2010
    It didn't give me the option to save it as another file. I probably wasn't looking hard enough. Sorry 'bout that.
  • edited November 2010
    Sarendor wrote: »
    Will this game include some insult swordfighting? I would love to (try to) contribute to this.

In which way? Artistically? Writing? Animating?...
  • edited November 2010
    It didn't give me the option to save it as another file. I probably wasn't looking hard enough. Sorry 'bout that.

They're under the File menu. They don't say "save", though, they say "export". And if you want to use the MP3 format, you have to install some sort of LAME plug-in or something, but there's instructions and it's very easy.
  • edited November 2010
    In which way? Artistically? Writing? Animating?...

Well, I thought about the writing part. I am not good with programming or drawing. (At least not enough.)
  • edited November 2010
    SO here's my audition, if all went well.

Just so you know, I think you will need Audacity to open this. It's free.

http://rapidshare.com/files/433974232/GuybrushAudition.aup

Unfortunately, we already have our Guybrush. But your audition was good, we need a young Guybrush, can you try that?
  • edited November 2010
    Hi guys! I am good at drawing, and I want to be a part of this project. Do you have space for a drawer?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.